Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116837 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #667: Apr 11, 2016 11:24:56 pm
      I wouldn't read too much into it, it's possibly a little way for Jordon to register some unhappiness with h current situation namely not getting a game but I'd like to think he will get another season to prove he can belong at this level. I've always liked him, he's got pace, skill and power and he has at times looked like a real prospect albeit incredibly raw. I hope he isn't shipped out in the summer.

Perhaps there is a word of warning for those who are already getting carried away with young Ojo. This time last year a lot of posters were claiming Ibe was better than Sterling (get rid of Sterling the money grabber we've got a better player in Ibe coming through rang pretty loudly from many). And now I'm reading that Ojo is the bees knees, "better thanIbe by far etc". Sometimes it's 2 steps forwards 3 steps back with these youngsters. Sterling was similar in many respects, Janazaj at the man so looked a world beater 18 months ago, Barkley's form has been up and down for 2 years and John Stones has gone from£50 million pound defender to not being able to get in a leaky Martinez defence.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #668: Apr 11, 2016 11:25:25 pm
      Such a frustrating player to watch this season. Needs a loan move next year, at this moment I don't think he's got a long term future here
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #669: Apr 11, 2016 11:38:05 pm
      Up there with the story about Suarez preferring to piss standing up for me
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #670: Apr 17, 2016 10:11:13 pm
      Surprised to be the first to post on Ibe this evening. Good to see him back in the line up, I thought he played quite well, had a hand in both goals and reminded Jürgen that he is still there. Seems to have been written off by quite a few but I still maintain this kid has a bright future and has everything in his locker to be an LFC player.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #671: Apr 17, 2016 10:47:42 pm
      Surprised to be the first to post on Ibe this evening. Good to see him back in the line up, I thought he played quite well, had a hand in both goals and reminded Jürgen that he is still there. Seems to have been written off by quite a few but I still maintain this kid has a bright future and has everything in his locker to be an LFC player.

Didn't do enough for me mate. What he did he did well... just not enough. Hope he gets more time because there is a good player in there, but I am not sure he will be at Liverpool next season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #672: Apr 17, 2016 11:03:24 pm
      Didn't do enough for me mate. What he did he did well... just not enough. Hope he gets more time because there is a good player in there, but I am not sure he will be at Liverpool next season.

Agreed. This game was perfect for him to show us some positive play which he didn't do. Was a 6/10 game.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #673: Apr 17, 2016 11:25:42 pm
      Comparing Ibe and Ojo it seems one is a one-trick pony and the other one has many tricks up his sleeve.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #674: Apr 18, 2016 01:58:36 am
      Comparing Ibe and Ojo it seems one is a one-trick pony and the other one has many tricks up his sleeve.

I don't understand why they didn't play or even during the game swap sides.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #675: Apr 18, 2016 04:15:08 am
      If we let Ibe go it will be a massive mistake. I don't in all honesty think we'll male it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #676: Apr 18, 2016 09:07:18 am
      If we let Ibe go it will be a massive mistake. I don't in all honesty think we'll male it.

Once again I agree with you BigMick, there is a player in Ibe, he juts needs to develop a bit more, gain some more maturity and game savvy. I really like the look of Ojo though, so much maturity for a youngster, if we can keep those 2 and they develop then we'll have 2 very very good players in a few years time.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #677: Apr 18, 2016 09:33:29 am
      Once again I agree with you BigMick, there is a player in Ibe, he juts needs to develop a bit more, gain some more maturity and game savvy. I really like the look of Ojo though, so much maturity for a youngster, if we can keep those 2 and they develop then we'll have 2 very very good players in a few years time.

Everyone loved Ibe this time last year mate, the worm turns a bit too quickly for some I think when it comes to talented youngsters. Sterling started brightly but then had a dip in form and a couple of months on the bench before truly finding his feet the following season. That's how it goes with young skill players who play in wide positions.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #678: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:14 am
      Every time we get a youngster who is any good, we immediately look for the one who's behind him and say "OMG he's far better".

We did it with Raheem Sterling and the player in behind was Jordan Ibe (funny how it works out sometimes). Now we're doing it with Ibe himself and the new kid in the block is Ojo.

Jordan Ibe will become an absolute monster of a footballer. If we wait, remember how old he is, and show some support and patience.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #679: Apr 18, 2016 10:11:45 am
      Every time we get a youngster who is any good, we immediately look for the one who's behind him and say "OMG he's far better".

We did it with Raheem Sterling and the player in behind was Jordan Ibe (funny how it works out sometimes). Now we're doing it with Ibe himself and the new kid in the block is Ojo.

Jordan Ibe will become an absolute monster of a footballer. If we wait, remember how old he is, and show some support and patience.

Can't argue with that. Hope you're right.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #680: Apr 18, 2016 10:51:51 am
      What a f**king player this kid is!! He has already moved ahead of Markovic in the pecking order. Looks Luke he has been playing at this level for years, and is completely fearless when attacking!!

Give him a 10 year contract.... He will be worth it!!!

top player and needs a face on his icon on this site. new deal hopefully signed this summer to then kick sterling up the arse into signing his offered deal but Ibe is going to be some player.

I totally agree with you, he is a special talent. We could of done with him in the first half of the season.

Good work Jordan!! Impressive beginning to his Liverpool first team career so far.

Jordan is a work horse with electric pace who can win the reds a lot of penalties. Shows consistency game in and game out. he deserves a regular first team place definately.

Just to back up Mick's comments re: Jordon and our attitude/hype around youngsters when they're initially coming through, here are a few snippets from this thread when Jordon was first coming through. He was the next best thing and yet now he seems to be viewed as a poor man's Shaun Wright-Phillips who probably isn't good enough.

He still has everything you need to be a top player, he's big and strong, he's lightening quick, he has the skill to beat players, his work-rate is pretty good and he strikes a ball quite well (if a little wildly). All the attributes you want to work with in a youngsters. Game intelligence and decision making can come over time and his finishing can be improved. Also, it's worth mentioning that he has come through at a time when the team/squad has been quite unbalanced/in transition and a change in manager to boot. There is still plenty of time for Jordon to come good. He has an important pre-season and summer to ahead of him and a chance to work more closely with our new manager.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2016 11:03:40 am by Scottbot »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #681: Apr 18, 2016 01:17:35 pm

He still has everything you need to be a top player, he's big and strong, he's lightening quick, he has the skill to beat players, his work-rate is pretty good and he strikes a ball quite well (if a little wildly). All the attributes you want to work with in a youngsters. Game intelligence and decision making can come over time and his finishing can be improved. Also, it's worth mentioning that he has come through at a time when the team/squad has been quite unbalanced/in transition and a change in manager to boot. There is still plenty of time for Jordon to come good. He has an important pre-season and summer to ahead of him and a chance to work more closely with our new manager.

I think he will eventually become a good maybe even very good player, but I also think he may leave at the end of this season.

Young players tend to want it all... and want it NOW. Ibe has supposedly deleted everything Liverpool connected off his social media accounts (not sure how significant that is). Certainly with all the rumours about us looking for wingers, Ojo taking a more prominent role, bringing Markovic back etc he must be wondering just where he fits in Jürgen's plans.

Personally I agree with others that have said he hasn't really developed as a player, he is blessed with outstanding attributes (speed and strength) but he's still making the same mistakes he was making when he came into the first team. 

Happy to give him time, but not sure if he has the same patience. 

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #682: Apr 18, 2016 01:25:53 pm
      Just to back up Mick's comments re: Jordon and our attitude/hype around youngsters when they're initially coming through, here are a few snippets from this thread when Jordon was first coming through. He was the next best thing and yet now he seems to be viewed as a poor man's Shaun Wright-Phillips who probably isn't good enough.

I don't disagree with what you've said about his attributes to succeed or that game intelligence and his decision making should improve with experience. 

My problem is that last 2 things haven't improved in the 4 years I've been watching him play despite have 75 senior appearances in that time.  That doesn't mean he never will but you'd expect to be seeing some improvement.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #683: Apr 18, 2016 01:46:25 pm
      I think it would be for the best to loan him out next year so he can play week in week out at a decent EPL side (WBA, Palace or Swansea come to mind).
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #684: Apr 18, 2016 04:18:22 pm
      I think it would be for the best to loan him out next year so he can play week in week out at a decent EPL side (WBA, Palace or Swansea come to mind).

I disagree, he has had his loan spell at Derby under McLaren. If that happens again I suspect it is because he is pretty much all done with LFC. At this stage of his career it would be far better he was at LFC.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #685: Apr 18, 2016 05:36:58 pm
      I disagree, he has had his loan spell at Derby under McLaren. If that happens again I suspect it is because he is pretty much all done with LFC. At this stage of his career it would be far better he was at LFC.

If he was to be loaned out it would have to be to a PL side like a Swansea or Bournemouth where he would get a chance to play.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #686: Apr 18, 2016 05:38:40 pm
      We've got to be a little bit careful we don't do a Chelsea. Sturridge, Lukaku, De Broyne, Matic etc have been flogged off and I bet they bitterly regret all of them now. Sometimes players need time, Ibe will be a top player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #687: Apr 18, 2016 05:41:22 pm
      We've got to be a little bit careful we don't do a Chelsea. Sturridge, Lukaku, De Broyne, Matic etc have been flogged off and I bet they bitterly regret all of them now. Sometimes players need time, Ibe will be a top player.

He needs to start putting the effort in though.

Last couple of games before Bournemouth he wasn't exactly tearing up any trees with his performances.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #688: Apr 18, 2016 05:44:16 pm
      We should keep him definitely, though he shouldn't be so petulant and delete his Twitter posts and all that if he isn't playing.

He wasn't playing because he was playing badly - no player has a right to play when they're not doing well. He is a young player with much to learn and he has to accept that the road to constant first team action is not an easy one. It's easy to see his fellow colleagues at Liverpool and other clubs getting action but the majority of youngsters do not get in the easy way.

As soon as he gets that, he can knuckle down without thinking there's an agenda against him. And he will be better for it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #689: Apr 18, 2016 05:44:45 pm
      He needs to start putting the effort in though.

Last couple of games before Bournemouth he wasn't exactly tearing up any trees with his performances.

Anno mate but he's just a kid. I deal with young fellas all the time at work and they're all the same, half the time they've got their head up their @rse. Just because this lad is built like a brick sh!thouse and he's been around a while people expect maturity from him and we ain't going to get that yet IMHO.

Quick Reply