Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116023 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #690: Apr 18, 2016 05:48:02 pm
      Anno mate but he's just a kid. I deal with young fellas all the time at work and they're all the same, half the time they've got their head up their @rse. Just because this lad is built like a brick sh!thouse and he's been around a while people expect maturity from him and we ain't going to get that yet IMHO.

I'm not actually on about maturity, I understand maybe the lack of it, it's the effort he has to put in.

Hopefully Klopp can bring it out of him, he did seem to have a better game yesterday though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #691: Apr 18, 2016 08:27:39 pm
      We've got to be a little bit careful we don't do a Chelsea. Sturridge, Lukaku, De Broyne, Matic etc have been flogged off and I bet they bitterly regret all of them now. Sometimes players need time, Ibe will be a top player.

And with the exception of Courtois their system of loaning young talent around Europe/EPL has hardly paid off either. I'd like to see how Ibe does playing in a better side with genuine pace and movement ahead of him and with players who make it easier. Having a fully fit Danny Sturridge ahead of you is a world of difference to a balotelli or a Benteke.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #692: Apr 18, 2016 08:48:36 pm
      If Ibe is to go on loan then would it not be better to send him aboard so he can learn a new skill set?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #693: Apr 22, 2016 07:52:37 am
      Tough situation for klopp
      Clearly Ibe needs games and he needs them at the top level but to me he is still a year at least away from
      Being a proper force.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #694: Apr 22, 2016 08:05:34 am
      If Ibe is to go on loan then would it not be better to send him aboard so he can learn a new skill set?

I honestly can't see the point of sending our talented player's out on loan to other club's where that club will play a different system to that of what Jürgen is installing here,
      Ibe will learn more by remaining within the squad getting his head down and by listening to what Jürgen requires and expects and working f***in hard at his game,
      Why the F**k should other club's benefit from our assets, it makes no sense whatsoever,
      If he was a academy lad on the peripheral that's different, but he's not he's a young naive at times very talented lad who just needs tweaking here and there.

YNWA
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #695: Apr 23, 2016 02:02:50 am
      Think loaning Ibe would be pointless. We need to make a decision on him: do we think Markovic, Ojo, or whoever Klopp wants to bring in will be better? If so, I'd sell him. We'll raise some money and it'll benefit Ibe's career.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #696: Apr 28, 2016 10:03:40 pm
      He was woeful. Absolutely dreadful.
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #697: Apr 28, 2016 10:27:06 pm
      He can't possibly be a solution for any situation on the pitch at this moment. Like having a man down, he certainly seems like not giving a sh** about the game. Ironically, I really though he would prosper under Klopp
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #698: Apr 28, 2016 10:50:59 pm
      Dopey as F**k
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #699: Apr 28, 2016 10:57:27 pm
      Must admit I was surprised and disappointed to see him brought on and that disappointment only grew with every touch he had. From an early burst of form under Jürgen he appears to have regressed massively and personally I just see the exit door this summer for Jordon.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #700: Apr 28, 2016 11:00:27 pm
      Still very young and raw.

He needs to improve his attitude and game intelligence.

But to write him off so soon is way too knee jerk for me.

The kid has talent to be unlocked.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #701: Apr 28, 2016 11:05:46 pm
      Was pretty useless but he's still a youngster and has time on his side, although with the rise of Ojo he needs to raise his game asap.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #702: Apr 28, 2016 11:07:58 pm
      Still very young and raw.

He needs to improve his attitude and game intelligence.

But to write him off so soon is way too knee jerk for me.

The kid has talent to be unlocked.

To be fair any player in his position would have jumped at the opportunity he was given today. It's not like he was thrown in the 88th minute or anything. I don't know what it is that he's sulking about. Very terrible attitude.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #703: Apr 28, 2016 11:11:07 pm
      Looks like a player without confidence to me, needs to get back to basics
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #704: Apr 28, 2016 11:15:04 pm
      Looks like a player without confidence to me, needs to get back to basics
      He was brought on at half time in a European semi final?!
      What greater statement of faith from a manager does nay player need?
      Agree that he needs to "get back to basics".....he needs to use his left foot for a start and not be so predictable. 
      Very poor showing from the fella. Contributed nothing and appeared utterly unsure of what his role was.
      We are going to need him next season for our champions league squad though....home grown players are vital as we are going to obviously win the Europa league!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #705: Apr 29, 2016 02:57:13 am
      needs to be the second striker/important in a front three somewhere. he's the kind of player that needs it built around him. he wont get that here, so unless he's going on loan i think he'll be sold
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #706: Apr 29, 2016 03:36:00 am
      needs to be the second striker/important in a front three somewhere. he's the kind of player that needs it built around him. he wont get that here, so unless he's going on loan i think he'll be sold

I beg to differ. He's a natural winger, an old skool type actually, and you don't build your team around them. I think we would see the best in him, or at least an improvement if his role were to dribble down the byline and to cross it in.

Not sure how he'll fit in to Klopp's team atm, but I wouldn't want to bin him just yet, would certainly like us to loan him out to a lower prem team and see how he fairs if played regularly.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #707: Apr 29, 2016 03:51:05 am
      but he's not a great crosser - he seems to drift/go wide but is that where he best utilises his skills? perhaps in theory because we see him as quick and strong but that doesn't seem to be an actual part of his natural game. to me he looks more like someone who should have more of an eye on goal in his role. i see it a bit like sturridge, daniel is good enough to build around but not trustworthy enough to put in your system, ibe could be good enough to work around in a forward line but can be be any form of water carrier? i think our wingers need to be extremely intelligent and multifunctional, not raw old school types, that's how i'm interpreting ibe and klopp at the minute.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #708: Apr 29, 2016 04:58:03 am
      I beg to differ. He's a natural winger, an old skool type actually, and you don't build your team around them. I think we would see the best in him, or at least an improvement if his role were to dribble down the byline and to cross it in.

Not sure how he'll fit in to Klopp's team atm, but I wouldn't want to bin him just yet, would certainly like us to loan him out to a lower prem team and see how he fairs if played regularly.

Agree with the first paragraph, disagree with the second.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #709: Apr 29, 2016 05:10:03 am
      Only natural winger at the club at the moment, and he fails to make good use of this oppurtunity. Don't think we'll be seeing  much of him next season if he stays.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #710: Apr 29, 2016 07:53:45 am
      Remember when everyone was saying "Sterling can piss off, we've got Ibe and he's a lot better anyway"?

Those were good times.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #711: May 12, 2016 07:28:00 am
      Remember when everyone was saying "Sterling can piss off, we've got Ibe and he's a lot better anyway"?

Those were good times.

i remember some people said that to make themselves feel better, i don't remember "everyone" saying anything. remember not making a sh*t post in your 4,600? me neither.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #712: May 12, 2016 05:19:29 pm
      To be honest, I think all of us (well most of us anyways) can remember a time when Ibe was a good player. Then his confidence seemed to get struck and he just wasn't the same. I still have some faith left in him. He is young, has some size and pace and we have seen what he can do. Hopefully another preseason under his belt and some coaching from Klopp can reinvigorate his confidence and help him improve. Not writing him off just yet, but he still has a long way to go.

Quick Reply