Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116009 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #713: May 12, 2016 09:52:00 pm
      Anyone else think Ibe might benefit from a loan to a lower table PL side where he'll play week in and week out?

He needs to get game time at the highest level, but I have a feeling he's going to be 2nd or 3rd choice at LFC until he figures things  out.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #714: May 14, 2016 09:48:18 pm
      Anyone else think Ibe might benefit from a loan to a lower table PL side where he'll play week in and week out?

He needs to get game time at the highest level, but I have a feeling he's going to be 2nd or 3rd choice at LFC until he figures things  out.

I'm not sure he will be here next season mate. He hasn't really come on at all this season and with new signings, the return (possibly) of Markovic and young Ojo starting to come through he is going to be near the bottom of a significant pile.

The hardest part for me is deciding on his value, not whether we should sell or not. I think he could be worth quite a bit more than we are likely to get for him as sadly the type of club that will be most interested probably won't be flush with money.

Could be anywhere between £5 million and £15 million :)

Would prefer him to be given another season but won't break my heart if he goes, as long as someone better takes his place.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #715: May 15, 2016 10:29:56 pm
      Really pleased for him that he scored today, he's been a bit low on confidence recently, so hopefully this will push him on, work hard Jordan, you have the potential, make it pay.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #716: May 15, 2016 10:43:15 pm
      Looks like hardly anybody noticed that Ojo draw the defenders wide and made it easy for Ibe. The defense was awful, never seen anything like it. It was a very tame shot near the keeper and a better keeper would have saved it. The goal today means nothing much to me, he went backwards this season.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #717: May 15, 2016 10:44:35 pm
      Looks like hardly anybody noticed that Ojo draw the defenders wide and made it easy for Ibe. It was a very tame shot and a better keeper would have saved it. The goal today means nothing much to me, he went backwards this season.

Doesn't matter, he scored, give the lad some credit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #718: May 15, 2016 10:47:47 pm
      It's good he scored, but to say it is a good goal is over doing it. It was awful defending and goalkeeping and anybody who doesn't score there doesn't even deserve to be in a non league team. This goal doesn't show potential, it just shows he has two feet.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #719: May 15, 2016 10:50:51 pm
      It's good he scored, but to say it is a good goal is over doing it. It was awful defending and goalkeeping and anybody who doesn't score there doesn't even deserve to be in a non league team.

Where did I say it was a good goal?

You have to be in the right place to score, which he did.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #720: May 15, 2016 10:54:36 pm

this lad has something and I just don't think he believes in himself enough. he is a keeper for me I think Jürgen can bring him on to another level next season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #721: May 15, 2016 10:56:19 pm
      Where did I say it was a good goal?

You have to be in the right place to score, which he did.

did I miss something here ,he left the defender on his arse inside his own half drove into the box went past a few defenders and put it in the corner. standards are very high these days
      MsGerrard
      Reply #722: May 15, 2016 11:00:11 pm
      this lad has something and I just don't think he believes in himself enough. he is a keeper for me I think Jürgen can bring him on to another level next season

Indeed walton....football is all about confidence, sure Klopp will nurture him and hopefully bring out the best in him, he's young and needs time.

did I miss something here ,he left the defender on his arse inside his own half drove into the box went past a few defenders and put it in the corner. standards are very high these days

Some people are never happy though are they  :roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #723: May 15, 2016 11:12:12 pm
      I'll be happy when he does well more frequently and scores where effort is required. Good strikers score against good defending and today for the goal the defending was terrible, so I don't see it as a big plus like some have today.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #724: May 15, 2016 11:16:24 pm
      I'll be happy when he does well more frequently and scores where effort is required. Good strikers score against good defending and today for the goal the defending was terrible, so I don't see it as a big plus like some have today.

Erm.......you do know Ibe isn't a striker don't you?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #725: May 15, 2016 11:18:35 pm
      Erm.......you do know Ibe isn't a striker don't you?

you might have to put up a line up to check if he actually knows who he is.
      A good striker makes good defenders look poor.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #726: May 15, 2016 11:23:12 pm

You talking about the right man?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #727: May 15, 2016 11:31:22 pm
      His dribbling is so much better when he's not trying to do all those stupid step overs and turns. He's one of those that we're going to have to persevere with in the hope he comes good.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #728: May 16, 2016 12:35:02 am
      I don't know why, but when I saw it on match of the day it looked a better goal, still.... shocking defending.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #729: May 16, 2016 12:37:36 am
      I don't know why, but when I saw it on match of the day it looked a better goal, still.... shocking defending.

It did look a bit 'Pro Evo on amateur level' but nonetheless well done to Jordan on his goal today.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #730: May 16, 2016 12:40:07 am

I think we should either sell him or keep him. I think loaning him out would be the worst situation. He'll only get regular football at a team fighting to avoid relegation and if the going gets tough for one of those teams, the manager of them will likely end up replacing him with a more senior player (as we've seen this season with Wisdom). I'd probably lean towards selling him because I'd rather develop Markovic and Ojo and I don't see Ibe's value increasing from where it is now unless he gets some regular minutes for us (which I can't see happening).

I think he could be worth quite a bit more than we are likely to get for him as sadly the type of club that will be most interested probably won't be flush with money.

All premier league clubs will be flush with money, we have no reason to worry about that.

It's good he scored, but to say it is a good goal is over doing it. It was awful defending and goalkeeping and anybody who doesn't score there doesn't even deserve to be in a non league team. This goal doesn't show potential, it just shows he has two feet.

It was a very good goal.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #731: May 16, 2016 05:19:10 am

I agree, I also think we will all be happy when the quality of your posts increase, that's something the whole board could get behind.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #732: May 16, 2016 06:36:22 am
      I liked his directness, when he take too many touches and step ins; he is useless. He was our good yesterday.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #733: May 16, 2016 08:59:48 am
      Great goal.

Just makes you wonder...he has that kind of skill in his repertoire but can be so frustrating with seemingly always running into dead ends and not lifting his head.

Do we keep or do we get rid of knowing what he can produce. He's only 20. We know he has all that potential locked up inside him. Can we patient enough with him knowing that he could be a possible match winnner and future star, given a lengthy run of games or do we just think F**k it, he'll never find that consistency and piss him off to the highest bidder.

Glad I'm not Jürgen and having to make a decision like that. Trust the Boss to get it right though.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #734: May 16, 2016 03:00:32 pm
      Great goal.

Just makes you wonder...he has that kind of skill in his repertoire but can be so frustrating with seemingly always running into dead ends and not lifting his head.

Do we keep or do we get rid of knowing what he can produce. He's only 20. We know he has all that potential locked up inside him. Can we patient enough with him knowing that he could be a possible match winnner and future star, given a lengthy run of games or do we just think F**k it, he'll never find that consistency and piss him off to the highest bidder.

Glad I'm not Jürgen and having to make a decision like that. Trust the Boss to get it right though.

I would keep for one more year to check his progress and one whole year under Klopp.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #735: May 16, 2016 06:32:42 pm
      Looks like hardly anybody noticed that Ojo draw the defenders wide and made it easy for Ibe. The defense was awful, never seen anything like it. It was a very tame shot near the keeper and a better keeper would have saved it. The goal today means nothing much to me, he went backwards this season.

Miserable c**t!

It was a F***ing boss goal you divvy. Sold that ex-manc Evans perfectly, left three of theirs on there arse and finished the chance with ease. Hopefully a bit more of that next season.

Quick Reply