Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116022 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)
      Reply #759: Feb 14, 2017 10:13:15 am
      In fairness to the lad, I thought it was 13 appearances? I think virtually all as sub as well.

I'm not excusing him not scoring in them games but I don't think he needs having a go at because he left, Jürgen didn't want him so he moved on.

I said in the premier league thread last night that he's suffering from Sterling syndrome, he goes on a mazey run and then runs straight into an opposition player and gives them the ball, if Howe sorts that out I think he'll come good.

He's played 19 games, 12 of them are starts and in 2 of the bench appearances he got 45 minutes a piece. Not sure where you got that he's only been appearing as a sub from.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #760: Feb 14, 2017 11:07:47 am
      There is a reason Sterling is at City for £50M and Ibe is at Bournemouth for £15M.

He's an average PL player and I'm not overly surprised he hasn't kicked on much down there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #761: Feb 14, 2017 11:32:28 am
      In fairness to the lad, I thought it was 13 appearances? I think virtually all as sub as well.

I'm not excusing him not scoring in them games but I don't think he needs having a go at because he left, Jürgen didn't want him so he moved on.

I said in the premier league thread last night that he's suffering from Sterling syndrome, he goes on a mazey run and then runs straight into an opposition player and gives them the ball, if Howe sorts that out I think he'll come good.

Sterling has his faults, runs, shoots, passes like a girl.

But he is 10 times the player of Jordan Ibe.

At least Sterling got you off your seat before tamely shooting at the goalkeeper. Ibe has none of his dribblng class and none of his natural flair.

Not even having a go at him. He's probably a nice lad, but just watching him for us was enough to know he's not a premier league player.

We took Bournemouth for a ride, it was just a shame we didn't use the funds.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #762: Feb 14, 2017 04:18:14 pm
      Assuming we won't be utilising that first option on buying him back then?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #763: Feb 14, 2017 05:03:18 pm
      Assuming we won't be utilising that first option on buying him back then?

No, we'll wait till he transfers to Southampton and pick him up from there for 25m.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #764: Sep 15, 2017 09:54:59 pm
      two assists for the lad today.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #765: Sep 15, 2017 11:26:28 pm

Only took him a year.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #766: Sep 16, 2017 12:06:43 am
      Good for him means better for us in the long run.

And besides he seems to have had a poor run of form so hopefully this should give him confidence.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #767: Feb 13, 2020 01:47:49 am
      Just reading about Jordon's  legal problems stemming from driving his car into a parked car and, erm, a building  then leaving the scene. Apparently he kept ignoring police requests for an interview until it was suggested he might be arrested at a Bournemouth  match. Has since been convicted and while he avoided jail time, his deal expires in four months and doesn't look like anyone, including Bournemouth, are interested at the moment.

I remember him scoring in the Europa League in one of Jürgen's first matches, but it has been downhill since then. Sad, really.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #768: Feb 13, 2020 06:36:27 am
      Just reading about Jordon's  legal problems stemming from driving his car into a parked car and, erm, a building  then leaving the scene. Apparently he kept ignoring police requests for an interview until it was suggested he might be arrested at a Bournemouth  match. Has since been convicted and while he avoided jail time, his deal expires in four months and doesn't look like anyone, including Bournemouth, are interested at the moment.

I remember him scoring in the Europa League in one of Jürgen's first matches, but it has been downhill since then. Sad, really.

A player with all the ability but the opposite attitude of Trent  as you say sad .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #769: Feb 13, 2020 10:08:50 pm
      A player with all the ability but the opposite attitude of Trent  as you say sad .

I seem to remember Jürgen hinting he thought he would be back at Anfield some day. WTF has he been doing down there apart from hitting things in his Bentley.  Somebody needs to have a word he should be really doing well down there instead he is in free fall back wards
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #770: Feb 14, 2020 03:52:45 pm
      Shame really.seems to have had his head fu**ed by the money,agent,friends? He came across as a down to earth family type at Wycombe.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #771: Feb 14, 2020 03:54:42 pm

Yep.

Just goes to show how fine the line is between making it and not.
      In this case, bad mentality/attitude.

Shame for the lad, but hopefully this teaches him the lesson he needs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #772: Feb 14, 2020 04:43:48 pm
      Yep.

what lessons has he learned though he will still be a multi millionaire. It must sting when he sees what could have been his had he behaved himself and worked hard
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #773: Feb 14, 2020 04:44:52 pm
      Yep.

Don't reckon his attitude let him down so much I just think he wasn't very good to begin with.

Think he was massively over-hyped during his time here & it was largely down to Sterling's rapid progression, Ibe played a similar position to Raheem & some people just presumed that he'd hit the same heights.

Got a good few games under his belt for us but I can never remember watching him & thinking that he could really go on to be a top, top player. Odd flash of good play but that was about it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #774: Feb 14, 2020 06:04:27 pm
      Don't reckon his attitude let him down so much I just think he wasn't very good to begin with.

Think he was massively over-hyped during his time here & it was largely down to Sterling's rapid progression, Ibe played a similar position to Raheem & some people just presumed that he'd hit the same heights.

Got a good few games under his belt for us but I can never remember watching him & thinking that he could really go on to be a top, top player. Odd flash of good play but that was about it
      I’m quite the opposite of that , followed his progression through and just thought hey we’ve got a player here , then  it just stopped , let’s be honest we mugged Bournemouth off for the fifteen million as by that stage there were serious flaws in his development, be that the money agents or combinations of factors , either way the lad should be doing far better than he is .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #775: Feb 14, 2020 06:18:51 pm
      what lessons has he learned though he will still be a multi millionaire. It must sting when he sees what could have been his had he behaved himself and worked hard

Still only 24, plenty of time for him to turn things round.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #776: Feb 14, 2020 06:20:34 pm

I think the talent is there.
      He was never going to be a worldie, but I thought he was very talented.

Maybe it all came a bit too soon for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #777: Feb 14, 2020 08:54:05 pm
      I liked him he had strength and pace to burn he should now be approaching his best years...…………..shame
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #778: Feb 16, 2020 02:34:00 pm
      Not arsed about his current playing ability , but thought his attitude over the driving incident was F***ing disgraceful, hope he has the book thrown at him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #779: Mar 06, 2020 09:54:18 am
      just seen so early stuff with Ibe on LFCTV he was really good so quick and bright he definitely lost his way what a shame . He definitely went big time before he was ready.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #780: Mar 06, 2020 05:26:14 pm

So is his driving apparently!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #781: Mar 07, 2020 04:53:20 pm
      Nowhere to be seen today I noticed. Weve took these to the cleaners for a few players over the years haven't we?

Quick Reply