Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Alternative Christmas

Read 1730 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Alternative Christmas
      Dec 08, 2012 09:36:00 pm
      We all hear the usual Christmas songs at this time of year but what are the one's that you all like that are a bit different from the norm.

They could be covers of a 'classic', little songs of with the traditional feel or even one's with a different type of meaning like the first one I'm going to post.

This song, to me, is a very powerful lyric about those less fortunate and gives me a bit to think about while I indulge over the festive period. I've posted it before but put it here to see what other songs you lot can add.

Glasvegas - Cruel Moon

There a couple of others on this EP that I mught add later as it's my favourite 'Christmas' album.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Re: Alternative Christmas
      Reply #1: Dec 13, 2012 11:47:40 pm
      Seeing as nobody else seems interested I'll add one of my favourite covers of a 'classic'. :D

Oasis - Merry Christmas Everybody
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2: Dec 13, 2012 11:55:43 pm
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2012 12:08:49 am
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2012 12:54:45 pm
      Brandston - Christmas in Ohio

This ones a really good one, Its form an album called A Santa Cause It's A Punk Rock Christmas, dont judge it by the title, its not all "Punk" I think most of the songs where threw in there because they just had to "Brand" it with somthing, some really good song on it, if you like the alternative xmas stuff :)

Quick Reply