Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against the Hammers?

Glen Johnson
      118 (82.5%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      9 (6.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (1.4%)
      Joe Cole
      6 (4.2%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.4%)
      Someone else?
      6 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 138

West Ham 2-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match grinfest

Read 48458 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: West Ham 2-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match grinfest
      Reply #874: Dec 10, 2012 05:43:16 pm
      It's no coincidence that Lucas comes back and we win two on the bounce. He really is the cornerstone of our team.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #875: Dec 10, 2012 07:34:16 pm
      Really chuffed with Brendan and the boys after this result,wasn't looking forward to it whatsoever .
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #876: Dec 10, 2012 07:35:55 pm
      It's no coincidence that Lucas comes back and we win two on the bounce. He really is the cornerstone of our team.

That's a great point about Lucas and just how important he is to the team.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #877: Dec 10, 2012 07:45:18 pm
      Oh,and well done to joe cole and glen Johnson  for not over celebrating at there former club,just shows you can have class on the pitch and not be a F***ing arsehole like some dicks,well in lads.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #878: Dec 10, 2012 08:05:16 pm
      A big part of me really wants to see Henderson continue to improve. At long last he may be ready to come out of his shell. Perhaps he's been playing really well in training, and that's why the gaffer's been picking him.

PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #879: Dec 10, 2012 08:26:30 pm
      A big part of me really wants to see Henderson continue to improve. At long last he may be ready to come out of his shell. Perhaps he's been playing really well in training, and that's why the gaffer's been picking him.

For me it was never that Henderson was bad, it's that he lacked confidence and was scared to get in the game. So I'm not surprised that he's been able to come on lately with bit of encouragement. As his confidence grows I think we'll get quite a lot out of him.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #880: Dec 10, 2012 08:50:44 pm
      I think we had a little luck yesterday, not off the ref, he was awful with the Two big decisions, getting both wrong, however when  Diame, went off the game changed, the one thing that stuck out for me was the fighting spirit in the whole team,
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #881: Dec 10, 2012 09:09:24 pm
      I think we had a little luck yesterday, not off the ref, he was awful with the Two big decisions, getting both wrong, however when  Diame, went off the game changed, the one thing that stuck out for me was the fighting spirit in the whole team,

I think we just about deserve a little bit of luck with the things that have gone against us this season and the last few years.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #882: Dec 10, 2012 09:17:53 pm
      I think we just about deserve a little bit of luck with the things that have gone against us this season and the last few years.
      Lets hope it's the start of thing to come on the luck front!
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #883: Dec 10, 2012 09:47:35 pm
      Nice one, maybe they will sell more Joe Cole merchandise in the Liverpool Official Store because these stores are full of Joe Cole stuff :D
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #884: Dec 10, 2012 10:29:10 pm
      Glen Johnson has to be the best right back in the league. His runs are breathtaking and its amazing the impact he has on the game for a full back. He has been our player of the season so far along side Suarez.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #885: Dec 10, 2012 11:15:06 pm

That might hold some weight if Lucas was actually on the pitch when we turned the game around.

But if memory serves me right, Lucas was taken off when we were 2-1 down. And the man who came on for him, was actually the man who put the ball in the box which we scored the winner from.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #886: Dec 10, 2012 11:24:02 pm
      Joined the travelling Kop for this (truly amazing)my voice gone,belly sore from all the hillarious quips.probably knocked a day off me life.Then to cap it all spent an hour and a half in The Queens in Upton Pk (did'nt say a lot like );D.
      The game at time was just brilliant.Have to say The West Ham "Cole" Carlton was a real handful on the day.Martin and Danny done well.Lots of groans when Hederson was brought on !!He imho is getting there and his run and assist Well!!!
      Reading through here saddens me to read people "knocking "Stevie.He wasn't that bad yesterday was he?
      Jonjo is rapidly becoming a big favourite with the fans and rightly so.Glen tho was my choice for mom.
      Good times ahead.To Anfield for the Villa game,Can't wait.IBRWT.YNWA. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #887: Dec 11, 2012 12:05:13 am

Completely agree. Fabulous player for us.
      Learnt from Masch but feel towards the end of Masch's career with us that Lucas was intimidated and restricted by him.
      Now though he feels confident, valued and has such a huge impact upon our attacking prowess because of the security he gives us at the back
      Brilliant player.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #888: Dec 11, 2012 01:04:44 pm
      I hope Lucas is a lesson to us supporters and bring us back to our roots to support our team and stop moaning as soon as we lose.

Support the club, the gaffer and the players. The talking should be done at the end of a season and not during.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #889: Dec 12, 2012 02:02:24 am
      Jonjo has some nice touches in tight spaces. he dribbled pass a few defenders and nearly scored if he had been faster by that 1/2 a second to shoot. Hope BR saw that and develope him to move into the box more often.

Quick Reply