Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool FC - Sunderland 2.1.2013

Read 4365 times
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Liverpool FC - Sunderland 2.1.2013
      Dec 14, 2012 09:21:33 pm
      Hi reds,

I'm a Italian LFC diehard fan and I have organized my new year eve out there in UK. I will be from 28th to 31st in London, where I'll spend last year day (wich is also my birthday  :) ) and then I'll get to Liverpool for 1, 2, and 3 of January. I have bought tickets for Sunderland clash on Thomas Cook Sport: my all-life dream will become true.   :D :D
      I have some questions for you. My hotel is near Albert Dock: how can I get to Anfield and back at night?
      My dream is one day to meet Daniel Agger and Stevie, going to Melwood waiting for them after training can be an idea. Do you think they'll have training session on January 1st, if yes, which time, and how Can I get to Melwood from Albert Dock?
      Thanks for those who will answer. Very sorry for my English, I'm still studying it, can't do better  :roll:

Hope the Reds get the top 4 this year, so maybe next year they'll face some Italian teams, and I can go to see them. Bye bye, YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool FC - Sunderland 2.1.2013
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2012 09:31:49 pm
      Hi StevieG.

You will be able to get a cab/taxi from Anfield back to the Albert Dock at night or even get the bus.

I'm not sure the players will train on Jan 1st, if they do, it may only be a light training session, and it will be about 10am for training. Again you can get the bus or a taxi.

The players do sign a few autographs after the games sometimes if you stand at the back of the Anfield Road end next to the car park.

Good luck and enjoy New Year in London and enjoy the game at Anfield, hope we win.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #2: Dec 17, 2012 09:23:04 am
      Thanks a lot for all informations, MsGerrard!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Dec 17, 2012 04:52:01 pm
      Thanks a lot for all informations, MsGerrard!

No problem at all, glad to be of help, let me know if you need any more help or information.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2012 02:37:03 pm
      I don't think I can be at Melwood at 10.00 on 1st January. So you suggest me to stand up at the back of the Anfield Road End to wait the players after the match on 2nd? If I can go on 1st, at wich time you think I will be able to wait the players after training session? And how can I get to Melwood? I don't know this area. Sorry for my orrible english. Thanks in advance.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Dec 20, 2012 06:26:39 pm
      To be honest with you I doubt the players will train on New Years Day and if they do its likely to be a light session, and not for very long I couldnt possibly tell you what time they will be at Melwood, normal training session would be around 10am, but it could be later.

Melwood in West Derby is about a 20 minute taxi ride from town, any cabbie will know where it is.

Like I said, the players do sign autographs after games, you will see a big crowd of people around the back of the Anfield rd end, there's no guarantee that you will be lucky though.

All the best with your trip.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #6: Jan 05, 2013 10:08:17 am
      My first time at Anfield has been a dream coming true. I enjoyed Liverpool so much, It's a very pretty city, very very nice in my opinion. Then, chills when I came into my dream place. Chills when I touched "TIA", chills when I listened for the first time live YNWA.. Amazing.

And thank you MsGerrard so much for your very important informations, I got easily to the stadium, ad got some players autographs, because of you. I will be back as soon as possible!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jan 05, 2013 03:59:20 pm
      My first time at Anfield has been a dream coming true. I enjoyed Liverpool so much, It's a very pretty city, very very nice in my opinion. Then, chills when I came into my dream place. Chills when I touched "TIA", chills when I listened for the first time live YNWA.. Amazing.

And thank you MsGerrard so much for your very important informations, I got easily to the stadium, ad got some players autographs, because of you. I will be back as soon as possible!

Excellent stuff, I'm very pleased for you and didnt you see a game and a half  ;)
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2013 05:02:07 pm
      You'll Never Walk Alone - Live @ Anfield

Amazing.. Thank you all for my best day of my life so far!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2013 05:07:43 pm
      ^^^ Even though I've heard YNWA thousands of times, it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :scarf: Thrilled for you, such a special moment.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2013 08:43:10 pm
      I'm the lad framed at the begin and sometimes during the video, I think there is no better way for a 17 years old full-of-dreams teen 2,000 km far to spend his birthday at such a great place, if he loves football, and loves Liverpool consequently. I really can't ask nothing more, or nothing better. Nothing in football world for a football lover is better than listen to Ynwa live at Anfield. I heard it so much times on You Tube and at TV, I supposed it will be so much better live, but I can't really imagine that. Sorry for the OT, but I really have to say this! Thank you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2013 12:38:25 am
      Nothing in football world for a football lover is better than listen to Ynwa live at Anfield.

I hope you done more than listen mate and joined in ;) :D

Glad you had a good time and it is a great experience the first time live at the game.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2013 12:50:06 pm
      I hope you done more than listen mate and joined in ;) :D

Glad you had a good time and it is a great experience the first time live at the game.

Of course I have sung it the laudest I can! :D
      A dream, nothing but a beautiful dream

Quick Reply