Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1-3 Aston Villa: In-Game and Post Match Tears

Read 49115 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Aston Villa
      Reply #506: Dec 15, 2012 04:59:41 pm
      Straight back down to 12th then. Need less tinkering and more upheaval in January imo.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #507: Dec 15, 2012 04:59:52 pm
      This result just shows that things are changing for Liverpool cant seem to get any kind of a run going.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #508: Dec 15, 2012 05:00:05 pm
      Yes there are some right bellends who claim to be Liverpool supporters.
      And did ya see the tools leaving early? 82nd min! Pathetic!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #509: Dec 15, 2012 05:00:31 pm
      is it poor crossing or the positioning of the players in the box ( or player in the box as it seems to be for us ) ?

very frustrating aspect of our game all season

Neither more the fact that as an opposing defender you only really have to worry about Suarez, the rest of the team dont have the skills to finish so you can play a high line (no chance of pace behind you) play physical (no big man to shut down) and relax because we dont have the players to score several goals a game. We just dont pose many attacking threats
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #510: Dec 15, 2012 05:00:45 pm
      is it poor crossing or the positioning of the players in the box ( or player in the box as it seems to be for us ) ?

We simply don't know what to do with the ball in the final third, no understanding between the midfield and those inside the box. Just whack the ball into the box and hope for the best.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #511: Dec 15, 2012 05:00:54 pm

The media love comments like those from fair weather fans.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #512: Dec 15, 2012 05:01:29 pm
      We need a defensive mid ala Masch or Didi to tidy things up. Sorry BR Allen is not the answer, he simply don't have the physical built and robustness to control the midfield. Our defence is over confident today, must deduct a week's wage.

I thought we already had the best DM in the world in Lucas. If that had happened three weeks ago the World and his brother on here would have claimed the Brazillian would eradicate all of that when he came back. As it was, the two matches we won on his re-appearance were a testimony to "how much we'd missed him". I do think we missed him as it goes, but surely if he's any good as a DM (which he is) then we can't fill our team with them.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #513: Dec 15, 2012 05:02:43 pm
      And did ya see the tools leaving early? 82nd min! Pathetic!
      See this ! Imagine going to see the mighty reds then leaving before time have some pals who wont forget leaving early in Istanbul !(you no who you are)
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #514: Dec 15, 2012 05:03:05 pm
      We should have won this game, but we did not. It is still not the end of the world. Still only 7 pts off fourth (If spuds/wba win tomorrow). At least, the attitude was good as the shoulders did not drop even after they scored the third. Very disappointing today. Cannot believe we lost today (similarly I could not believe we won last week).

Games like this happen. One grouse is that BR should not have talked about 3rd, 2nd etc... He should talk about those things after we start going on a good run of wins and not after 2 wins.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #515: Dec 15, 2012 05:03:08 pm
      60% possession, but we give away to many stupid goals, really pissed off but head up, and onto the next game!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #516: Dec 15, 2012 05:03:26 pm

Well for the amount of crosses we put in, we rarely score a goal from one. I'm not talking about a Carroll type header either, I'm talking about a Hernandez type get accross your man and steer it in. We haven't got that type of player other than Borini, hopefully we'll get one or two more in January. 
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #517: Dec 15, 2012 05:05:42 pm
      I think it's been proven time and time again, to do consistently well in the premiership - you need goal scorers.  We need a real goal scorer to play with Luis (not Sturridge please), a Rush.... Fowler.... a poacher.  Play Luis in behind.  I don't think 4-3-3 suits us at the moment - we always look vulnerable to counter attacks and we're leaking too many goals.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #518: Dec 15, 2012 05:06:09 pm
       We had 66% posession and 26 shots to their 9. You don't lose many games like that, one of those days.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #519: Dec 15, 2012 05:06:50 pm
      BR will have to start to understand dominating a game to a tune of 66% doesn;t win games, scoring goals does. Do something about the final third.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #520: Dec 15, 2012 05:06:53 pm
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #521: Dec 15, 2012 05:07:29 pm
      We had 66% posession and 26 shots to their 9. You don't lose many games like that, one of those days.

Expect we've lost loads of those games at home in 2012, apart from that you're right.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #522: Dec 15, 2012 05:08:10 pm

Well for the amount of crosses we put in, we rarely score a goal from one. I'm not talking about a Carroll type header either, I'm talking about a Hernandez type get accross your man and steer it in. We haven't got that type of player other than Borini, hopefully we'll get one or two more in January.
      We haven't had a class player who could head a ball since hyypia.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #523: Dec 15, 2012 05:08:17 pm
      Is it fair to say that after last week's performance against West Ham some of the comments made about us finishing in the top 4 or above may have got to the players' heads and as a result expected an easy win here?

Because it's the only explanation I can think of for such a disappointing performance. I would have counted on us to win but I think the players were complacent.

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #524: Dec 15, 2012 05:08:39 pm
       Well BR did apparently say last month - possession is more important than goals - so I guess he will be happy then   :f_tongueincheek:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #525: Dec 15, 2012 05:09:22 pm

Had too many "one of those days" Mick.

Its not good enough and we need to improve.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #526: Dec 15, 2012 05:10:42 pm
      Too little too late.

Painful defeat that, will seriously hurt our top 4 hopes. In truth nothing more than we deserved with that defending and Villa's plan worked as they set it up to. Should of been a couple up in that first 25 minutes though and our lack of finishing as much as our shocking defending has cost us.

Raheem is crying out for a rest, he's looking jaded and going back to his old ways of running down a dark tunnel, for god sake give this lad a seat for the next game. It's nothing at all to do with his effort, it's simply too much too soon and you see it is taking a toll on him.

Pepe should of done better for the first, the midfield closing down though was as much at fault, dreadful defending. Their 2nd, the attitude of the likes of Gerrard in slipping and walking back, no closing down and letting them look as good as they did was dreadful, Agger and Downing the main culprits. Glen nearly letting them in for another and then the absolute worst defending I've ever seen watching us, letting a man walk into our box and have a clear shot 6 yards out without getting a meaningful challenge in when he did nothing of any note was embarrassing and Skrtel should be ashamed when he looks back on that, as should Joe Allen. This defending was pathetic and no other words can describe how we dealt with their counters.

Our midfield 3 simply had nowhere near the energy we need, Joe Allen, seriously lad, just passing side to side isn't enough, even more so when you're 3 - 0 down at home. Gerrard, needs dropping it's as simple as that, isn't doing enough for me. Shelvey I thought offered plenty of options, just didn't really have the technique when it came to the crucial moments and Cole / Henderson just didn't have a proper impact while Villa just congested the defence and we ran out of ideas. Glen again showing the others how you create opportunities to shoot for yourself and worry the defence with his offensive runs, Sterling could do well to learn from him.

Very disappointing.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #527: Dec 15, 2012 05:10:46 pm
      Horrible loss that.

Well BR did apparently say last month - possession is more important than goals - so I guess he will be happy then   :f_tongueincheek:

I'm assuming you believe the quote from that parody twitter account then :roll:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #528: Dec 15, 2012 05:11:13 pm
      Getting 2nd just got a little bit harder, thought it was too soon after the West Ham victory of such talk.

Not long now till the transfer window wher i hope the Boss is shown support financially because we need it.

Quick Reply