Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 1-3 Aston Villa: In-Game and Post Match Tears

Read 49058 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Aston Villa: In-Game and Post Match Tears
      Reply #667: Dec 16, 2012 06:22:01 pm
      Totally understand Debs, and just to clarify I am speaking on Brendan Rodgers in these posts and not on FSG.

As Stuey said in another thread, he can play the cards he is dealt and nothing more.

Yeah sorry mate going off topic.  I'll relocate to the FSG thread.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #668: Dec 16, 2012 06:22:10 pm
      But that's what I meant about it taking years mate.  Those type of players might improve us slightly for half a season but they aren't quality enough to sustain it for the next two or three.

So then we have another 3 players arrive in the summer who again will give us a slight improvement.  Then again in January and the following summer.

In the meantime you have players like Agger, Reina, Suarez et al wanting to move on as they can see how slow the process is.  So then you've got those to replace, losing what quality we do have.

It's a downward spiral unless the new players are of sufficient quality.  We may as well just promote all the academy players and not bother buying anyone.

Thats a bit negative Debs..!

We need investement - we both agree on that, but with the squad we have we can buy 3 players and improve a hell of a lot..! Yesterday - if we had a top striker or someone who can put them away we would have won. We are a decent side, and this season in almost if not every game we have had long spells where we boss the game and dont score. If we did, then who know's where we would be today!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #669: Dec 16, 2012 06:23:49 pm
      But that's what I meant about it taking years mate.  Those type of players might improve us slightly for half a season but they aren't quality enough to sustain it for the next two or three.

So then we have another 3 players arrive in the summer who again will give us a slight improvement.  Then again in January and the following summer.

In the meantime you have players like Agger, Reina, Suarez et al wanting to move on as they can see how slow the process is.  So then you've got those to replace, losing what quality we do have.

It's a downward spiral unless the new players are of sufficient quality.  We may as well just promote all the academy players and not bother buying anyone.

What sort of signings do you want to see arrive ?
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #670: Dec 16, 2012 06:29:46 pm
      I understand the frustration on here, but we have to remember that it was one game, one bad loss. We'd won three games in a row before this one and had just two losses in 15 games (in all comps).

It's a set back for sure, but this isn't the end of the world folks. We are what we have always been this season - a team in transition.

We were without Jose Enrique, who has been one of the more impactful players this season and Suarez didn't have a great game. It happens.

After their goal we got desperate, but before it we were playing as attractive a brand of football as I've seen us play. As usual, we lacked quality in the final ball. That's on the players, not the system.

Patience has been the word since BR came in. And it's a good word. Be patient. This is a marathon not a sprint.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #671: Dec 16, 2012 06:32:21 pm
      Thats a bit negative Debs..!

We need investement - we both agree on that, but with the squad we have we can buy 3 players and improve a hell of a lot..! Yesterday - if we had a top striker or someone who can put them away we would have won. We are a decent side, and this season in almost if not every game we have had long spells where we boss the game and dont score. If we did, then who know's where we would be today!

It is mate but it's ok, I've given myself a slap!

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #672: Dec 16, 2012 06:35:52 pm
      It is mate but it's ok, I've given myself a slap!

Hahahhaha - that's the spirit..! Seriously, wait until we lose a game in Feb after we sign who ever and I too will be going bonkers..!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #673: Dec 16, 2012 06:37:11 pm

My name isn't Debs I know but.... a Benteke type player who can grab games by the bollocks, a Silva type player to provide that finesse and unlock defences, a Walcott type player to provide pace and an end product whilst taking the pressure of Sterling - suppose I'd take Lavezzi if Theo goes elsewhere, I'm reasonable like that, a Cavani type player who will score goals without doubt but again if he isn't available Damaio would suffice and a decent left back who can alternate with Enrique and provide healthy competition for his place.

And a partridge in a pear treeeee!!!   :) 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #674: Dec 16, 2012 06:39:30 pm

That's a very good question George but I'm not in the best of moods to be answering it right now.

I'll get back to you if that's ok mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #675: Dec 16, 2012 06:42:08 pm
      My name isn't Debs I know but.... a Benteke type player who can grab games by the bollocks, a Silva type player to provide that finesse and unlock defences, a Walcott type player to provide pace and an end product whilst taking the pressure of Sterling - suppose I'd take Lavezzi if Theo goes elsewhere, I'm reasonable like that, a Cavani type player who will score goals without doubt but again if he isn't available Damaio would suffice and a decent left back who can alternate with Enrique and provide healthy competition for his place.

And a partridge in a pear treeeee!!!   :) 

Yeah them's the ones mate but you can keep the partridge and the pear tree if it's all the same  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #676: Dec 16, 2012 06:43:46 pm
      Hahahhaha - that's the spirit..! Seriously, wait until we lose a game in Feb after we sign who ever and I too will be going bonkers..!

I don't want us to lose any more games mate, tough ask I know.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #677: Dec 16, 2012 06:47:12 pm
      So players like Michu and Hernadez are ok then ?

I just hope the fees aren't the main focus when players are bought.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #678: Dec 16, 2012 06:48:37 pm
      I don't want us to lose any more games mate, tough ask I know.

No one does, but every team sooner or later loses a few... I remeber the AC Milan side that never lost in the 90's and I was convinced they would never lose again.

We will improve and yesterday was a blip - a dissapointing blip but none the less a blip..! Chin up - roll on next week and 3 points before a few top signings in Jan and we will all be as right as rain!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #679: Dec 16, 2012 06:54:46 pm
      No one does, but every team sooner or later loses a few... I remeber the AC Milan side that never lost in the 90's and I was convinced they would never lose again.

We will improve and yesterday was a blip - a dissapointing blip but none the less a blip..! Chin up - roll on next week and 3 points before a few top signings in Jan and we will all be as right as rain!

I can remember the days when if we lost a game my first thought was god help the next team we play 'cos they're going to pay for that  :)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #680: Dec 16, 2012 06:57:27 pm
      So players like Michu and Hernadez are ok then ?

I just hope the fees aren't the main focus when players are bought.

I think that's what I'm meaning mate.  I want those little gems unearthing that cost next to nothing.  I know that's what every team/manager is looking for but they are out there, they just need finding.

I'd rather see half a dozen unknown players arrive than spend £20m on a couple of "names" that are going to swan around like they own the gaff.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #681: Dec 16, 2012 07:00:21 pm
      I think that's what I'm meaning mate.  I want those little gems unearthing that cost next to nothing.  I know that's what every team/manager is looking for but they are out there, they just need finding.

I'd rather see half a dozen unknown players arrive than spend £20m on a couple of "names" that are going to swan around like they own the gaff.

Sounds good to me Debs

That's exactly what I want to see

Buy the "next" Falcao or the next Hazard etc

But don't also be afraid to spend a bit on pure quality if its available

That's why I'm worried about the reports of Sturridge signing - he fits none of the categories
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #682: Dec 16, 2012 07:00:37 pm
      I can remember the days when if we lost a game my first thought was god help the next team we play 'cos they're going to pay for that  :)

I remember that too.

Happy days they were.  :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #683: Dec 16, 2012 07:04:10 pm

Them were the days my friend!! Now expectations have been downgraded and we're competing for a top ten place in the league.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #684: Dec 16, 2012 07:07:30 pm
      I remember that too.

Happy days they were.  :)

Them were the days my friend!! Now expectations have been downgraded and we're competing for a top ten place in the league.

Weren't they just guys  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

As our enemies would say "how the mighty have fallen"  >:(
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #685: Dec 16, 2012 07:18:43 pm
      Any team that has 74% possession and 30 shots should win a F***ing game! The team should hang their heads in shame from defence to attack let the gaffer down big time
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #686: Dec 16, 2012 07:30:56 pm
      The shots were all abysmal and mostly from outside the box. We deserved F**k all.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #687: Dec 16, 2012 08:01:19 pm

Here's what I learnt from yesterday's match.

* Brendan needs to get over this bizarre fantasy he has of Joe Allen being this mercurial Xavi-esque player because he's not. He shouldn't be playing in front of Gerrard in a 4-2-3-1 he should be next to Lucas he's useful at keeping the ball (though not recently) and that's what his role in the team should be. He isn't a goal threat, his shooting is porous and he can't thread a ball through he is a waste up there.

*Sterling needs a break the lad really needs a break. He's run out of tricks and it's brutal watching him run right into defenders instead of going around them. He's very young and he has a bright future but the needs to let him grow at a steady pace. Barcelona aren't throwing Deulofeu for 90 minutes every week and I honestly feel we need to strengthen on both flanks in the January window we need experience up there, someone who knows how to keep the ball and not just run and Sterling could be an effective sub when the opposing defense is tired.

* Rodgers should do less talking and more work on the training ground because the positioning of the players is absolutely awful defensively. It's just shocking and you can't put it down yo individual errors because its been happening week in and week out all season. Brendan is so focused on what the team should be doing with the ball instead of what they should be doing without it. Aston Villa today set the blueprint for what Rodgers should be working on and that's getting the team solid and compact and building from that because the team at the moment has no freaking shape or structure and it seems like we can be cut open for fun.

* There is no sense of accountability at the club. No-one is taking responsibility. The players are hiding behind the manager and he's hiding behind his philosophy and the owners and they're hiding behind the fact that the previous owners did a horrible job and the fact that Comolli and King Kenny were absolutely awful in the transfer market.

* Brendan Rodgers needs to stop insulting our intelligence. The man needs to stop talking to us like we're children. He states the brutally obvious then instead of calling a poor performance a poor performance he turns around and talks about how great it is. He also really needs to stop talking about referees. The referees have been poor all season but crying about them isn't going to make a difference. Rodgers should be on the training ground working on the players positioning and defending instead of worrying about the referees. We aren't going to get a damn thing from them so we need to focus on ourselves.

* We need to keep own goals fit. The lad has been absolutely terrific for us this season with him scoring the winner against West Ham and all. To be honest I'd grown sick of seeing him round Carra and scoring against us it's great to finally get him on our side. He's probably the only ex-Manure player who I didn't think was a complete c*nt.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #688: Dec 16, 2012 08:01:55 pm
      Stunned by yesterday's shock defeat, back down to twelfth after such a promising run. It just makes you wonder where do the side go from here, another defeat will put us too close for comfort to the bottom three. FSG will have to get their cheque book out in the January transfer market or the side could be really struggling with some difficult away games in new year.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #689: Dec 16, 2012 08:13:45 pm
      Well, didn't see that coming.

Quick Reply