Trending Topics

Liverpool 4:0 Fulham; Pre, in game & post match glee.

Read 34830 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Liverpool 4:0 Fulham; Pre, in game & post match glee.
      Reply #460: Dec 23, 2012 11:34:41 am
      Either everyone was out on the Christmas piss up last night or people simply don't like to talk about LFC wins in comparison to LFC losses? 15 pages for the pre, in game and post match thread is very quiet compared to last week's Villa outcry.

Its the norm mate now unfortunately, and as frustrating as it, I do understand why.

After a loss, some people prefer to come in here and vent until they're red in the face, blaming everything from the owners, the manager to the tea lady. I usually just post one comment & then F**k off to a few can's of Stella in a dark corner with a box of tissues, but each to their own!

After a win though we're almost all unanimously happy, and theres less to talk about.

In summary, people just love a good F***ing moan after a loss!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #461: Dec 23, 2012 11:34:56 am
      I wasn't aware you had a stance Rushie but thanks for clarifying it anyhow.  :)

Nice read that.

Thank you BBB

Yes, I realised I was being very unreasonable about Sterling
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #462: Dec 23, 2012 11:43:40 am
      Its the norm mate now unfortunately, and as frustrating as it, I do understand why.

After a loss, some people prefer to come in here and vent until they're red in the face, blaming everything from the owners, the manager to the tea lady. I usually just post one comment & then f**k off to a few can's of Stella in a dark corner with a box of tissues, but each to their own!

After a win though we're almost all unanimously happy, and theres less to talk about.

In summary, people just love a good f**king moan after a loss!

Agreed and I'm guilty of it myself - I was out last night, watched game in pub so didn't post till much later. To be honest I was a bit all over the place all day yesterday - was completely certain it was an away game (wtf?) even to the extent of arguing with my 9yr old before I went out!!

He text me just before kick off to say "...call the police dad, Fulham have stolen our "this is Anfield" sign!!!"
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #463: Dec 23, 2012 11:55:44 am
      Agreed and I'm guilty of it myself - I was out last night, watched game in pub so didn't post till much later. To be honest I was a bit all over the place all day yesterday - was completely certain it was an away game (wtf?) even to the extent of arguing with my 9yr old before I went out!!

He text me just before kick off to say "...call the police dad, Fulham have stolen our "this is Anfield" sign!!!"

:lmao:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #464: Dec 23, 2012 11:58:27 am

;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #465: Dec 23, 2012 12:01:41 pm
      I was a bit all over the place all day yesterday - was completely certain it was an away game (wtf?)
      I'd noticed that mate but just reckoned you'd been on the Bucky early so thought it best not to comment.  8)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #466: Dec 23, 2012 12:17:58 pm
      So pissed off after the Villa game, as this result says just what we are capable of, why the F**k can't we be a bit more consistent. Made up for the lads, good win with good footy all round. No flukes and didn't let up start to finish. Could have had 3 or 4 more as well. Need to keep the momentum going now, and carry on through Xmas and into the new year with this attitude. must have put a bit more belief into the squad so onwards and upwards.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #467: Dec 23, 2012 12:38:35 pm
      So pissed off after the Villa game, as this result says just what we are capable of, why the F**k can't we be a bit more consistent.

This is crucial, and it's been a problem for years. But one of the things the gaffer mentioned was getting the psychology right - because through the years, since our last title win, you can argue that every one of our teams have underachieved.

That's a mentality thing, and one the gaffer is out to address.

Stoke next, away? If we can win there I'll believe we can win anywhere.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #468: Dec 23, 2012 12:46:34 pm
      I'm late to post on this one cause I was out celebrating after the game.
      Effing excellent team display, I cant think of a single player that played poorly. Suarez wasnt at his best, but just to keep me happy he scored. Seeing Downing putting in, probably, his best display for us so far, was a pleasant surprise. Maybe that says more about how poor the opposition was, but I enjoyed watching it. It shows how good we can be when things go right. The lads took their foot off the gas in the second half, a good job for Fulham that they did, it could have ended up with double figures.

Well done lads.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #469: Dec 23, 2012 01:25:32 pm
      Does it take liverpool to have a really bad game to come out the blocks and play like professionals and get the job done. What i have noticed just lately is the referees arent the deciding factor anymore. Perhaps brendans ranting about referees perhaps they have got the message. But still waiting for the reds to get there first penalty.Obviously downing had to put on a show as his gravy days could be coming to an end. re 60000 a week i believe. Its pretty sad that professionals find it hard to get motivated at such high wages.But you cant change the culture, just hard on the managers who have to deal with these players with big egos. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #470: Dec 23, 2012 02:08:42 pm
      Best game so far this season imo (though Fulham has a poor game).
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #471: Dec 23, 2012 02:11:42 pm
      Chuffed to f*ck with this win!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #472: Dec 23, 2012 02:33:00 pm
      Well Fulham were beyond dire, particularly in the first 45. I had to check again today in the papers to see exactly who they started in central midfield because neither of them touched the ball in that first half. It was pretty clear Fulham were not up for it, but you still have to beat what's in front of you and we did that so no complaints. A very much needed confidence boost that was I think. Good to see Downing scoring and playing decently, and after the comments from Brendan those wishing to see the back of Stewie in January may have to wait a little while. ;)
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #473: Dec 23, 2012 03:00:58 pm
      The sh*te teams are the ones we struggle to play well against. This game was such a refreshing change, when we beat a team we should beat.

Great performances across the pitch

Still cant believe Aggers miss, but very happy.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #474: Dec 23, 2012 03:12:25 pm
      Good win for the reds.
      The early goal allowed us to calm down, and most of the players had a good performance.
      Skertel and Agger were solid. Johnson was untidy, but very active and willing. Enrique´s stampedes wre not as accurate as usual but effective.
      Lucas passing was erratic, but that is expected since he is just starting to find his feet but his movement off the ball, and the way he closed every
      hole in our lines was fantastic.
      Steven improved his recent form, and had a good game, but nowhere near to what we know he can give. Still, one goal and an assist is a significant contribution (his run for the goal was a joy to watch, only second to Downings exquisite pass...and there is a line i never tought i would say!)

Jonjo didnt stand out to me.
      Suso and Sterling are still too "lightweight". In my opinion they should be alternating in the first team, but not good enough to start yet.
      Suarez was also great, and he should have had 3 assists (maybe thats why he sometimes shoots himself). He was not selfish and played for the team, and had a well deserved goal.
      Downing was a better version of himself. Had a good game, and actually had an impact in the result. Well done lad

Reina responded well when tested.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #475: Dec 23, 2012 03:21:23 pm
      The sh*te teams are the ones we struggle to play well against. This game was such a refreshing change, when we beat a team we should beat.

Great performances across the pitch

Still cant believe Aggers miss, but very happy.
      He was lying there waiting for the ground to swallow him up, that literally was harder to miss than any other option.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #476: Dec 23, 2012 07:38:55 pm
      Finally back from the match. Trains were sh*te today, took 7 hours, anyway fantastic perfomance from the boys! Downing finally was my MOTM though Stevie was breathtaking to watch yesterday. I need to get a season ticket, I've been four times and we've won four times haha. On my birthday too so a nice present from the lads.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #477: Dec 23, 2012 07:44:27 pm
      Finally back from the match. Trains were sh*te today, took 7 hours, anyway fantastic perfomance from the boys! Downing finally was my MOTM though Stevie was breathtaking to watch yesterday. I need to get a season ticket, I've been four times and we've won four times haha. On my birthday too so a nice present from the lads.

Surprising to hear you come back from the game with the opinion that Stevie was close to MotM and JD say he was sh*t. At first it made me wonder if it was something the camera wasn't picking up, because at least for the first half I thought he was clearly the stand-out performer. Even though he seemed to drop off slightly in the 2nd half I still thought he did enough to just edge out Downing, but can easily accept opinions that either of them were MotM as being fair, branding Stevie as sh*t was actually quite a shock to hear JD say to be honest.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #478: Dec 23, 2012 07:49:13 pm
      Stevie was superb. His range of passing was excellent and he was picking and choosing the right times to make runs into the box. He played the link midfield role well with Shelvey playing essentially as a second striker. He was tracking back and making brilliant tackles and was back to near his best for perhaps the first time this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #479: Dec 23, 2012 10:32:29 pm
      I'd noticed that mate but just reckoned you'd been on the Bucky early so thought it best not to comment.  8)

Now then BBB I shall have you know that my birthplace IS the renowned "spiritual" home of the ol' Bucky - and no I don't mean the Abbey!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #480: Dec 24, 2012 12:00:13 am
      F***ing delighted.

Has to be the start of another long unbeaten run with plenty of wins in there. Fulham allowed us to play but we took advantage, we have to continue playing with the confidence and quality even when teams don't give us as much space as Fulham did.

Onto Stoke on Boxing Day for another three points and a further step in the right direction!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #481: Dec 24, 2012 02:02:35 am
      The early goal did us the world of good too. We've being saying it fora round a year now, but it did really allow is to settle and play our game.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #482: Dec 24, 2012 03:34:20 am
      Hope not to sound pessimistic here.  But beating a Fulham team which didn't turn up and have won only 1 away game is nothing to be riding home about.  But it was nice to finish the last game of 2012 with a thumping win.
      Now we need these score lines against the bigger teams like utd, madrid just like the old days :)
      Onward and upwards.

See that's the thing, this is the kind of game we've dropped (Aston Villa for example) when we should just batter a team. The games against the big teams like United and Chelsea and City are the ones we're usually very competitive. Getting three points against lower teams consistently is even more important towards out league place than competing against those at the top.

So this is a victory to be very excited about in my mind. It opens the possibility that Aston Villa was a fluke and that we really are still on the right path. That's 9 points from a possible 12 in December. Things are indeed looking up.

Quick Reply