Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool 4:0 Fulham; Pre, in game & post match glee.

Read 34905 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 4:0 Fulham; Pre, in game & post match glee.
      Reply #414: Dec 22, 2012 08:18:59 pm
      Everyone played well, can't single out anyone who had a poor game. Stevie looks revitalised, all over the pitch. Most happy thing about the match is goals came from others apart from Suarez. Credit to Downing as well, how i wish he could played like that every week. I think Fulham was unprepared for the type of game we played today.

They expected the usual slow build-up from us but we didn't dally today, we got into their half fast, movement of our players inside the final third was unpredictable and they couldn't fully read our game. They were evidently tired towards the last 15 minutes. Could Rush has an input into the tactics, we were very much like the Liverpool of the 80s? BR was honest to say we were complacent in the last game. Bring on the next game. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #415: Dec 22, 2012 08:20:57 pm
      Excellent win today, nice Xmas prezzie from the lads. ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #416: Dec 22, 2012 08:23:47 pm
       Footballs an odd game sometimes. I thought we were far better in the first half hour against Villa than we were at any stage today, but here we got the goal and it made the World of difference. Downing was a revelation, Enrique excellent but my man of the match was the captain who was immense. If they'd have had him instead of us it would have been a completely different game.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #417: Dec 22, 2012 08:31:16 pm
      DOMINANT performance that, and it gwtas the festive period off to a nice start ahead of my Christmas booze up tomorra! Great performances from Stevie, Downing, Enrique and Skrtel. Makes such a difference to get the early goal.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #418: Dec 22, 2012 09:01:05 pm
      Will give Downing my MoM, deserves it, the ball for Gerrard's goal was super - easy to say lets get rid whilst he's having a decent little bit of form but we have other fish to fry in the transfer window. The manager has said to expect 2/3 signings so nobody should go. He's sh*te normally yes, but he is an option in three positions and we haven't got the luxury of being able to sell somebody like that at this point.

Gerrard in the final third will make a difference so lets keep getting him in there. Excellent finish for his goal.

Skrtel's, Suarez's and Downing's goals were well taken also and as Diego has posted earlier - isn't it great to see us have the goals for the performance?

Hopefully we can crack on now and take the lessons from last week when Villa done us - there is no room for complacency in this league, against any team.

Yes Fulham were sh*t but you can only beat what is put in front of you, by taking our chances early we never gave them a chance to get started. They were never really able to do anything besides worry about us until it was too late.

Well in reds.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #419: Dec 22, 2012 09:28:16 pm
      Well done the REDS,now you know how to put the ball in the net just carry doing it.Suarez pleased me the way he never gave up and you could see the delight on his face when he scored,also I get more impressed with young Suso every time I see him play for us.A good result and it was pleasing that we did not have to rely solely on Luis Suarez to score for us.A few more results like that and Anfield will be a very happy place.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #420: Dec 22, 2012 09:28:21 pm
      Great result, bounced back well from last week!! :) Havent seen anything from the game yet, hopin to see some later, good to get the early goal, and gas to hear Downing had a good match, though saw someone saying it's just to get into the shop window. Whatever, don't want to take anything away from a 4-0 win, and the fact that even though we're not that consistent from week to week, we still find ourselves in 8th! Know loads still won't be happy with that, but after seeing the way we started the season, defenders giving away goals, some players playing out of position, 1 striker, new system etc. etc, think BR has done alright. Bit of a gap now to bridge to the 4 or 5 teams ahead of us, we just gotta keep the heads down, not get carried away and hopefully have 'merry' Christmas/New Year matches...
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #421: Dec 22, 2012 10:31:14 pm
      Really really great game and good result

Time for it to be used a spring board
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 2823 
      Reply #422: Dec 22, 2012 10:44:58 pm
      They were poor yes, but we made them even worse. We were pressing as a team, could tell that everyone was fired up to make up for last weekend. We forced them into mistakes and then used the ball well. Gerrard distributed it so well, don't think I've seen a display of passing that good since Xabi left.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #423: Dec 22, 2012 10:45:11 pm
      Watched the game on espn, Downing MOTM , really good performances from Enrique,Suso, Lucas makes a big difference to the team ,nothing flash ,just solid and cool, Glad Suarez scored for the effort he put in , Gerrard had a good game looking confident ...top half of table now !
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #424: Dec 22, 2012 10:51:58 pm
      I liked the line up today - good to see Sterling given a rest

Would like to see Suso given a chance in the number ten role
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #425: Dec 22, 2012 10:53:02 pm
       ;D

Where was Lazytov  ?

Did anyone see him ?
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #426: Dec 22, 2012 10:56:49 pm
      Fantastic win!  ;D  I didn't see a minute of it though (it figures!). We're up to 8th, only 5 points off a CL spot. Keep it up men!  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,259 posts | 4933 
      Reply #427: Dec 22, 2012 11:13:52 pm
      Missed the game and only seen the goals but great to see a win and result like this.

Another clean sheet and a comfortable home win which hopefully will set us up for a good run over Christmas.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #428: Dec 22, 2012 11:23:03 pm
      ;D

Where was Lazytov  ?

Did anyone see him ?
      No sign on MOTD mate.   ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #429: Dec 22, 2012 11:32:59 pm
      Much better lads - busy period lets keep it going, come on the redmen!

:laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #430: Dec 22, 2012 11:42:30 pm
      Have to agree with many.
      Great team performance from the first whistle to the last.
      No one looked out of place and all provided what we have been wanting and deserve.
      Downing in particular was impressive and Lucas's display gave us a perfect foundation.
      No complaints at all.
      Great display, great goals and moving in the right direction.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,241 posts | 8575 
      Reply #431: Dec 22, 2012 11:59:36 pm
      Cracking performance today, better movement and a lot more zip in the passing, some good goals, Downing Motm and a belter of a finish from Skrtel!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #432: Dec 23, 2012 12:18:21 am
      Luis proved everyone wrong when he went past a couple of Fulham defenders into the box ... off balance and stumbling ....yet stayed on his feet.

To prove a point.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #433: Dec 23, 2012 12:18:35 am
      Much sharper this week - we actually finished a few chances, and seemed to get behind the ball a lot quicker when we lost possession so not allowing them to break quickly and expose the defence.

I thought Downing was MOTM today - he looked more like the player we bought today, and from the off looked like he cared (putting himself in the window or saying don't sell me?).

Also thought Gerrard had his best game for a long time today - his passing, movement and energy seemed much better than it has been.

Dissappointed with the Suarez goal - had a 3-0 prediction.   :roll: :f_tongueincheek:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #434: Dec 23, 2012 12:20:57 am
      Boss win, made up with it. Only seen highlights but from what I saw Gerrard, Enrique, Suarez and Downing were our stand out performers.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #435: Dec 23, 2012 12:24:13 am
      Boss win, made up with it. Only seen highlights but from what I saw Gerrard, Enrique, Suarez and Downing were our stand out performers.

Yes they were and I would add Glen to those. He put a real shift in today.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #436: Dec 23, 2012 12:57:44 am
      Good game today.

We weren't brilliant.  Gerrard was sh*t (although I'm sure the TV analysts are all over him).

We need a second striker who can bag the goals and we need a world class creative midfielder.

Let's not get over ourselves though - Fulham weren't up for this today - neither was their 12 fans who turned up. 

But, personally, for my first game back at Anfield for a while I'll quite happily take 4-0. (Heard it's not been so good in the last 3 months ;) )

Quick Reply