Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Spare Ticket Thread Home/Away (News Latest)

Read 213446 times
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Spare Ticket Thread Home/Away (News Latest)
      Reply #759: Jan 09, 2020 06:45:22 pm
      Yeah, in Saint Louis supporters club they require to confirm someone is going to match a few months in advance, they do get ticket allocations for some matches per year.

I remember United was one of them, I think the OLSC from your city should get tickets for some matches.
      cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #760: Jan 09, 2020 07:03:57 pm
      Maybe they do then - I’m not super involved since I don’t go to the bar often.  I never heard back when I asked, but was prob too late to the game anyways.  I’m in STL frequently since my wife is from there, so next time I’ll have to ask through you guys!

Yeah, in Saint Louis supporters club they require to confirm someone is going to match a few months in advance, they do get ticket allocations for some matches per year.

I remember United was one of them, I think the OLSC from your city should get tickets for some matches.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #761: Jan 09, 2020 07:16:06 pm
      Maybe they do then - I’m not super involved since I don’t go to the bar often.  I never heard back when I asked, but was prob too late to the game anyways.  I’m in STL frequently since my wife is from there, so next time I’ll have to ask through you guys!

Go to the Amsterdam Tavern if you have the chance, it's always full when the Reds play.

I know a lot of people in STL that doesn't go to the bar most of the time, but they still send emails to the members in those cases.
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #762: Jan 09, 2020 08:12:55 pm
      It should not matter who you come to see us play you are coming to watch us play not the opposition. If you choose a match against a team like Southampton or villa etc you would stand a bit of a chance of a ticket. You'll pay crazy money for a ticket for Utd.

I see so many of these ticket requests for the so called bigger games it crazy.  No one will give a ticket upto to a complete stranger.
      cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #763: Jan 12, 2020 06:51:52 pm
      I never asked for a ticket - simply advice, which has been helpful.

Understand your point about games, but since I’m paying to fly across the ocean, booking hotels, and taking time off from work, I want to see a rivalry game and not an overmatched bottom of the table team group pummeled.  It would still be a great experience, but not the same.  Competitive soccer and the atmosphere in the big matches makes paying extra and going through the hassle well worth it - as it does to pay for NHL Stanley Cup Finals or MLB playoff games if that makes any sense.

It should not matter who you come to see us play you are coming to watch us play not the opposition. If you choose a match against a team like Southampton or villa etc you would stand a bit of a chance of a ticket. You'll pay crazy money for a ticket for Utd.

I see so many of these ticket requests for the so called bigger games it crazy.  No one will give a ticket upto to a complete stranger.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #764: Jan 13, 2020 09:03:54 am
      Hoping our fixture against Villa on 11th April is changed to the Sunday 12th. I see all the fixtures that weekend are scheduled for 3pm Saturday, so there's a chance.

No massive games or proper derbies scheduled for that weekend either so I'm hopeful.

Over visiting the wife's friends from the Saturday evening til the Tuesday, so would definitely sneak off and get a game in while I'm over.

I know it's a while away yet but any spares knocking about for it keep me in mind.

Cheers.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #765: Jan 13, 2020 11:04:49 am

Understand your point about games, but since I’m paying to fly across the ocean, booking hotels, and taking time off from work, I want to see a rivalry game and not an overmatched bottom of the table team group pummeled.  It would still be a great experience, but not the same.  Competitive soccer and the atmosphere in the big matches makes paying extra and going through the hassle well worth it - as it does to pay for NHL Stanley Cup Finals or MLB playoff games if that makes any sense.

You want the atmosphere? Try CREATING the atmosphere - The reason the atmosphere is regressing is people like you. Flying in expecting to be entertained FFS  :mad:

cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #766: Jan 13, 2020 10:09:06 pm
      Wow, ok. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I’ll make sure to sit on my hands and cheer for...wait, who’s playing this match?!

I’d appreciate you holding your judgment of foreign fans on a public message board when you’ve never met me.  I’m sure there are plenty out there as you describe, but I can assure you my passion for Liverpool and sports in general surpasses that of the vast majority.

I have friends from Liverpool that grew up supporters, have met numerous local fans at bars, and have fellow American friends who also adopted the team in our childhood, and they’ve always been excited to be around other fans regardless of their nationality or story.  I’d expect that supporters would appreciate the popularity of the team and the game around the world, but perhaps that’s not the case.  I do hate the Red Sox with a passion, but it’s hard not to respect what John Henry has done to grow the brand internationally.  Don’t be insular, my man - it’s a great multicultural world we live in, and we all love the Reds!

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You want the atmosphere? Try CREATING the atmosphere - The reason the atmosphere is regressing is people like you. Flying in expecting to be entertained FFS  :mad:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #767: Jan 13, 2020 11:37:30 pm
      Wow, ok. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I’ll make sure to sit on my hands and cheer for...wait, who’s playing this match?!

I’d appreciate you holding your judgment of foreign fans on a public message board when you’ve never met me.  I’m sure there are plenty out there as you describe, but I can assure you my passion for Liverpool and sports in general surpasses that of the vast majority.

I have friends from Liverpool that grew up supporters, have met numerous local fans at bars, and have fellow American friends who also adopted the team in our childhood, and they’ve always been excited to be around other fans regardless of their nationality or story.  I’d expect that supporters would appreciate the popularity of the team and the game around the world, but perhaps that’s not the case.  I do hate the Red Sox with a passion, but it’s hard not to respect what John Henry has done to grow the brand internationally.  Don’t be insular, my man - it’s a great multicultural world we live in, and we all love the Reds!

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

No problem with foreign fans just people who jump on the wagon for a big game & expect the full Anfield "experience" like it's some sort of cringey Disney land / bucket list event.

You said it makes sense to pay over the odds for big games (hockey and baseball finals) and that just makes no sense to me. I go to what I can and what I can afford to because I'll support my team against anyone & won't decide to just jump on the wagon for a final or whatever.

I've been to 7/8 games this season but haven't had a chance getting Utd tickets as they'd have been hoovered up by the touts to accommodate "I was there" crowd who are willing to pay through the nose for the full Disneyland experience
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020 11:54:06 pm by TameImpala »
      cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #768: Jan 14, 2020 05:38:17 pm
      Understandable. I’ve been a season ticket holder for multiple teams and pay for regular season but then also willing to pay more for playoffs is all I meant. I’m not a bandwagon fan of any team (my teams hadn’t won sh*t until 2018, and I’m 34), don’t worry :). And I’m coming to Anfield, not terrible Disneyland, and I can afford to pay for it luckily, so yeah. Not sure what to say dude.

No problem with foreign fans just people who jump on the wagon for a big game & expect the full Anfield "experience" like it's some sort of cringey Disney land / bucket list event.

You said it makes sense to pay over the odds for big games (hockey and baseball finals) and that just makes no sense to me. I go to what I can and what I can afford to because I'll support my team against anyone & won't decide to just jump on the wagon for a final or whatever.

I've been to 7/8 games this season but haven't had a chance getting Utd tickets as they'd have been hoovered up by the touts to accommodate "I was there" crowd who are willing to pay through the nose for the full Disneyland experience
      Cajje
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #769: Jan 14, 2020 10:27:38 pm
      Hi everyone!

I and my girlfriend are flying over to Liverpool from Sweden for a holiday and I want to surprise her and ask her to marry me at Anfield so I would really appreciate any kind of help of getting two tickets to the home game against Aston Villa.

Best regards,
      Calle
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #770: Jan 15, 2020 02:09:35 pm
      Understandable. I’ve been a season ticket holder for multiple teams and pay for regular season but then also willing to pay more for playoffs is all I meant. I’m not a bandwagon fan of any team (my teams hadn’t won sh*t until 2018, and I’m 34), don’t worry :). And I’m coming to Anfield, not terrible Disneyland, and I can afford to pay for it luckily, so yeah. Not sure what to say dude.

Fair enough mate.

Just to make you aware, if you are buying from a tout I'd be extremely vigilant - In the last week there's been a "fan update", which is basically a request from the club for people who have certain criteria on their members cards to validate these cards using photo ID, proof of address etc

It's fairly well known that touts have numerous cards in different made up names which they use to purchase tickets with, as club policy is only 1 ticket per card. Anyway the deadline for the update has since passed and the club have revealed that 20% of the selected 'members' have failed the update and all tickets on those cards have been cancelled (rumoured to be around the 1000 mark).

These tickets were then put back into a sale earlier this week and bought by other members (how many of those will be legit & how many will be touts I'm not sure)

But I'd definitely watch out - I've not bought from touts before and I'm not sure on the ins & outs of these websites, but as I said there is potentially 1000 tickets out there which have now been cancelled, presuming a lot of them will be touts which may have been / still are for sale on these sites. If you do buy from somebody I'd 100 percent recommend you get there early & request they walk & wait as you go through the turnstile

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/382092-additional-tickets-available-for-man-utd-fixture-following-fan-update-process
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #771: Jan 15, 2020 02:12:50 pm
      Hi everyone!

I and my girlfriend are flying over to Liverpool from Sweden for a holiday and I want to surprise her and ask her to marry me at Anfield so I would really appreciate any kind of help of getting two tickets to the home game against Aston Villa.

Best regards,
      Calle

The way we're playing mate there's a pretty decent chance we could end up mathematically winning the league against Villa. If that is the case then there will 0 spares knocking about unless you're willing to pay the big money
      cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #772: Jan 15, 2020 03:10:27 pm
      Yeah I’ve heard bad things from friends over there and the boards, so that was my thought too regarding walking to the gate...which is the same thing I do here in the States if I’m paying a lot from a scalper.

Are all tickets on cards then?  I am slightly confused by the return logistics of this and how you can verify legitimacy from stubhub, fanpass, livefootballtix, etc.

Fair enough mate.

Just to make you aware, if you are buying from a tout I'd be extremely vigilant - In the last week there's been a "fan update", which is basically a request from the club for people who have certain criteria on their members cards to validate these cards using photo ID, proof of address etc

It's fairly well known that touts have numerous cards in different made up names which they use to purchase tickets with, as club policy is only 1 ticket per card. Anyway the deadline for the update has since passed and the club have revealed that 20% of the selected 'members' have failed the update and all tickets on those cards have been cancelled (rumoured to be around the 1000 mark).

These tickets were then put back into a sale earlier this week and bought by other members (how many of those will be legit & how many will be touts I'm not sure)

But I'd definitely watch out - I've not bought from touts before and I'm not sure on the ins & outs of these websites, but as I said there is potentially 1000 tickets out there which have now been cancelled, presuming a lot of them will be touts which may have been / still are for sale on these sites. If you do buy from somebody I'd 100 percent recommend you get there early & request they walk & wait as you go through the turnstile

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/382092-additional-tickets-available-for-man-utd-fixture-following-fan-update-process
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #773: Jan 15, 2020 03:56:25 pm
      Yeah I’ve heard bad things from friends over there and the boards, so that was my thought too regarding walking to the gate...which is the same thing I do here in the States if I’m paying a lot from a scalper.

Are all tickets on cards then?  I am slightly confused by the return logistics of this and how you can verify legitimacy from stubhub, fanpass, livefootballtix, etc.

Yep I think about 95% of match tickets will be on Members cards / Season cards.

I think the only paper tickets knocking about will be the Local General Sale tickets & hospitality / corporate tickets which are dotted around different sections of the stadium.

I presume for return logistics it'll just be a case of meeting the tout after the game & handing him his card back. A lot of them knock about the pubs / chip shops close to the ground so I imagine you'll just meet up there. Members cards can be replaced for a £5 fee so anyway so I don't think touts are too bothered about losing an odd card here or there if they're already flogging £50 tickets for £300+
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #774: Jan 16, 2020 05:43:58 pm
      The way we're playing mate there's a pretty decent chance we could end up mathematically winning the league against Villa. If that is the case then there will 0 spares knocking about unless you're willing to pay the big money
      As it happens that’s the last game I got on my card so I’m hoping we do for obvious reasons 😁
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #775: Jan 16, 2020 07:25:17 pm

I'll be honest just demanding to go to what you call a "rivalry game" because you're spending whatever amount makes you sound a bit of a tw*t!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #776: Jan 17, 2020 10:59:26 am
      Quote from cfurlong

The last two games I was at, was against teams at the bottom. We won both games 5-0, and it was great. I would prefer to go to a game where the risk of losing is minimal. I've only lost one Liverpool game in 35 years, and when you've paid the amount you have, trust me, you don't want us to lose.
      cfurlong
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #777: Jan 17, 2020 11:42:34 am
      I’m unclear as to what I demanded while saying I was willing to pay to attend a big match, but great point ya chav!

I'll be honest just demanding to go to what you call a "rivalry game" because you're spending whatever amount makes you sound a bit of a tw*t!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #778: Jan 17, 2020 03:53:57 pm
      Hi everyone!

Best regards,
      Calle

If ya genuine,do a stadium tour.Maybe contact the club first they might let ya propose in the dressing room or elsewhere? It is the game before  The Hillsborough commemoration so things maybe different and a proposal may not be appropriate.
      Jakejhewitt
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #779: Jan 17, 2020 07:38:16 pm
      Good afternoon all,

It’s last minute, but I just got confirmation to have a couple days off at the end of the month, so I’m trying to go to the west ham game in London on the 29th of January. Would anyone happen to have a solo spare ticket in the away supporters section? I’m a card holding member if that helps!

Thanks in advance,
      Jake
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #780: Jan 18, 2020 10:06:45 am
      Good morning Reds,

i will be in Liverpool in time of our match in CL against Atletico so if there is any chance  to get a ticket for the game through whatever channel I would be really gratefull for the hint 😁.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #781: Jan 18, 2020 10:34:53 am
      Good afternoon all,

It’s last minute, but I just got confirmation to have a couple days off at the end of the month, so I’m trying to go to the west ham game in London on the 29th of January. Would anyone happen to have a solo spare ticket in the away supporters section? I’m a card holding member if that helps!

Thanks in advance,
      Jake

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,51295.0.html

Not in the away end but if you're a card holding member and you're prepared to sit in the home end you may be able to help eachother out.

Quick Reply