Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Promote Carra into back room staff

Read 5690 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Promote Carra into back room staff
      Reply #23: Dec 29, 2012 11:42:09 pm
      I hope he does at some point. Ajax have done really well with giving their former players coaching positions, hopefully we could go down a similar route.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #24: Dec 29, 2012 11:45:29 pm
      i think he would do a great job, loves the club understands the fans and history and most importantly doesnt seem a yes man
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Dec 29, 2012 11:55:08 pm
      Quite easy to interpit  foot, ball, hoof.

:lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2012 12:01:34 am
      To be honest he must have learned some great stuff from Houllier, Benitez & Dalglish.

Very fortunate to play under all 3.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27: Dec 30, 2012 12:13:36 am
      Agree Shabs, think he will have a lot to offer.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #28: Dec 30, 2012 01:33:35 am
      Wouldn't have him anywhere near the coaching team to be honest, there's enough inexperience at this club from top to bottom at the moment.
      This
      Id persoanlly register him as a player again next season for cover but offer him a coaching role starting withe 18s/21s..

Get Borrell into the first team set up tomorrow though for me
      and this
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #29: Dec 30, 2012 02:39:59 am
      I would have him for another season if he was willing to take a large pay cut. I don't know the exact figures, but Jamie Carragher gets paid a heck of a lot of money to be a squad player. I know he's a legend, and a hero of mine but we got to be smart too.

I wouldn't have him in a coaching role yet. I would much prefer someone with proper experience in coaching, and I actually think we badly miss Steve Clarkes defensive organisation. It's no surprise that Clarke is excelling at West Brom. Let Jamie finish his badges, give him a few years experience in a lower league because teams would love to have someone with his ability at reading the game in their coaching ranks. And see how well he does before making our next step.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Dec 30, 2012 11:47:50 am
      To be honest he must have learned some great stuff from Houllier, Benitez & Dalglish.

Very fortunate to play under all 3.

Ohhhh I dunno, he played some excellent hoofball under The Engurland Manager, must have learned a sh*t load there. :D
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #31: Dec 30, 2012 12:40:42 pm
      The way skrytl and agger are playing I'd have him back on the pitch,and I didn't think I'd ever be saying that!!!!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #32: Dec 30, 2012 01:46:33 pm
      Ohhhh I dunno, he played some excellent hoofball under The Engurland Manager, must have learned a sh*t load there. :D
      Nice one  :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Dec 30, 2012 03:37:01 pm

Cracked me up.

Need Carra around for a few years to keep the Liverpool true DNA about the place before we lose it .......
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: Dec 30, 2012 08:12:27 pm
      I would have him for another season if he was willing to take a large pay cut. I don't know the exact figures, but Jamie Carragher gets paid a heck of a lot of money to be a squad player. I know he's a legend, and a hero of mine but we got to be smart too.

I wouldn't have him in a coaching role yet. I would much prefer someone with proper experience in coaching, and I actually think we badly miss Steve Clarkes defensive organisation. It's no surprise that Clarke is excelling at West Brom. Let Jamie finish his badges, give him a few years experience in a lower league because teams would love to have someone with his ability at reading the game in their coaching ranks. And see how well he does before making our next step.
      didn't Hodgson give him a 60k a week deal?  It's a LOT of money for a bench warmer who may or may not help out with coaching.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #35: Dec 30, 2012 08:14:26 pm
      didn't Hodgson give him a 60k a week deal?  It's a LOT of money for a bench warmer who may or may not help out with coaching.

He is on  more than that but it was Purslow who gave him the deal..

That deal also runs out at the end of this season
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #36: Dec 30, 2012 08:21:16 pm
      He is on  more than that but it was Purslow who gave him the deal..

That deal also runs out at the end of this season
      Will be a tough call in the summer.  There's no way he can carry on with that deal, regardless if he wants to play on or not. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #37: Dec 30, 2012 08:24:16 pm
      Will be a tough call in the summer.  There's no way he can carry on with that deal, regardless if he wants to play on or not.

He is out of contract this summer so he wont be carrying on at that deal... If he is offered a new playing deal it will be at heavily reduced terms i would imagine, and i think Carra has proved his love for us, its not about money, he said if he doesnt stay at Liverpool he will retire as he wont play for anyone else.. So whatever deal is in front of him, if he wants to play on he will sign at those terms

In my opinion

The man is a true legend, i dont begrude him the big deal he got last time, 700 plus apparences, mostly at a high level.. He deserves it, and will always be a legend to me
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Dec 30, 2012 08:33:23 pm
      He'll end up on celebrity Masterchef !!...or even worse as a team captain on Question of Sport...hope not !!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2012 09:27:09 am
      He'll end up on celebrity Masterchef !!...or even worse as a team captain on Question of Sport...hope not !!

Nah, Carragher is a knowledgeable bloke. He will make a success coach and will become a premier league manager, I have no doubts on that. If Jamie works for it, he can make it to the very highest in football coaching and management.

I could see Gerrard on Question of Sport, or worse, on MOTD,

Quick Reply