Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool - post match boxing

Read 43604 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: LIVE: Stoke City vs. Liverpool
      Reply #368: Dec 26, 2012 09:49:15 pm
      The day rafa was told our spend included wages was the beginning of the end really

Not spending wont fix this that's what we've learned the last 4 years

We have spent more than enough over the last 2 years.

That's not a good enough excuse.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #369: Dec 26, 2012 09:50:28 pm
      How many time we have pressed high up the pitch but comes to nothing. And those back passes from Suarez, not sure what's the purpose, he should be running into the box, taking defenders with him.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #370: Dec 26, 2012 09:50:35 pm
      Disgusted. Stoke didn't play well and actually lowered their work rate when they realised we weren't going to do anything. What is that 4 trips to Stoke in the prem without creating a goal from open play?

If I was BR I would be F***ing annoyed with our wasteful passing, Suso was non-existant and Shelvey is just not ready....plus the "world class" defence of Skrtel and Agger
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #371: Dec 26, 2012 09:50:56 pm
      Now, there's a depressing dose of reality which I cannot help but agree with.

Partly because of our distorted view of the whole setup at Liverpool (caused by this poisonous and unhelpful instantaneous culture) we're going through more crashing come downs than a Glaswegian heroin addict!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #372: Dec 26, 2012 09:51:09 pm
      before we bring in anyone we have to understand why the performances are so erratic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #373: Dec 26, 2012 09:51:21 pm
      If we played 4 accross the middle with full backs overlapping, we wouldnt leave so much space behind on the flanks. The full backs are following the wingers and leaving gaping holes behind them. Doesn't any one who matters see this ? tika taka ? F***ing stoke were better at it than us, they were also stronger, keener, faster to react to loose balls, closing down, etc etc etc. Unless we get serious mid field players in, we will surely be in the drop zone soon. 4 matches and the only one we've been dominant in is the Fulham game, and they were pretty dour to say the least. We have the mentality and support of a BIG club, but we have the team of a mid table side. I'm always gonna be a supporter, but i'm gonna lower my expectations to lessen the pain.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #374: Dec 26, 2012 09:52:06 pm
      Poblem is no plan b, plan a not working what do we do bring joe cole and jordan henderson on we need morgan, yetsl on bench not failures very disappointed, but give credit to stoke they worked ther bollox off, every team we play push high up field cos they know we have to play it out on deck,watched swansea last week against scum exactly the same kept losing possesion in last third dangerous game BR is playing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #375: Dec 26, 2012 09:53:18 pm

We've also recouped more than enough and slashed £50m off the wage bill in two years.

Its a good enough excuse for me.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #376: Dec 26, 2012 09:53:21 pm
      Poblem is no plan b, plan a not working what do we do bring joe cole and jordan henderson on we need morgan, yetsl on bench not failures very disappointed, but give credit to stoke they worked ther bollox off, every team we play push high up field cos they know we have to play it out on deck,watched swansea last week against scum exactly the same kept losing possesion in last third dangerous game BR is playing

Ever heard of a period mate? Christ
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #377: Dec 26, 2012 09:53:26 pm
      BR just bad defending ? And the rest son
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #378: Dec 26, 2012 09:54:04 pm
      If we played 4 accross the middle with full backs overlapping, we wouldnt leave so much space behind on the flanks. The full backs are following the wingers and leaving gaping holes behind them. Doesn't any one who matters see this ? tika taka ? f**king stoke were better at it than us, they were also stronger, keener, faster to react to loose balls, closing down, etc etc etc. Unless we get serious mid field players in, we will surely be in the drop zone soon. 4 matches and the only one we've been dominant in is the Fulham game, and they were pretty dour to say the least. We have the mentality and support of a BIG club, but we have the team of a mid table side. I'm always gonna be a supporter, but i'm gonna lower my expectations to lessen the pain.
      the fullbacks do press too far forward leaving the centrebacks no option but to move up and we do get hammered on the counter attacks.Enrique and Johnson are often our most forward players leaving the likes of Downing filling in behind them its just a waste.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #379: Dec 26, 2012 09:55:05 pm
      QPR away....we could be back in the bottom half of the table in a couple of days....but this is Yo-Yo Liverpool so we might raise our game for 24 hours....
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #380: Dec 26, 2012 09:55:12 pm

More than enough to take a mid table team to cl spots.. I don't think so

Replacing maxi Kuyt with kids from the academy to save money

Slashing the wage bill by loaning Carroll and letting Bellamy go

Firing kk and replacing with an inexperienced yes man

The 3 years we spend on this project to develop the youth we will need a new gk,Suarez will go and our defence will be in their 30's so spend now or later WE NEED INVESTMENT
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #381: Dec 26, 2012 09:55:26 pm
      Henderson coming off the bench is the most painful sight for me, no (positive) impact whatsoever, a total waste of space this lad
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #382: Dec 26, 2012 09:55:53 pm
      Ever heard of a period mate? Christ

yes my kids and wife have them every month?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #383: Dec 26, 2012 09:57:09 pm
      were do we go from here though we need some really big characters to come in to change this and I dont see us going down that route.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #384: Dec 26, 2012 09:57:55 pm
      This was one game I would have expected the manager to do his homework on the opposition..... and addressed those gaping holes in our midfield.

Not a good day at the office.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #385: Dec 26, 2012 09:58:06 pm
      Henderson coming off the bench is the most painful sight for me, no (positive) impact whatsoever, a total waste of space this lad

For me it's Cole
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #386: Dec 26, 2012 09:58:17 pm
      Agger and Skrtel both are actually very slow players, they take 3 to 5 touches before they decide what to do with the ball. By then, opposition defence would have reorganised and marked every one of our players. From this game, we can clearly see, our midfielders just doesn't have the quality to get the ball out of tight situations when they are closely marked.

It's difficult for me to admit that Jonjo is simply not good enough for us as his first touch and shooting has been poor all along and no improvement at all. It's either he has the quality or he doesn't, sadly he doesn't. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #387: Dec 26, 2012 09:58:43 pm
      Henderson or Cole thats a tough call.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #388: Dec 26, 2012 09:59:21 pm

Both equally bad. Where's Assaidi?
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #389: Dec 26, 2012 09:59:44 pm
      This was one game I would have expected the manager to do his homework on the opposition..... and addressed those gaping holes in our midfield.

Not a good day at the office.

But once again that's not where the goals came from, 2 set plays and a long ball over the top that bypassed the midfield entirely. I think the players really just needed to man up today. Got outmuscled far too often (except for Enrique)
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #390: Dec 26, 2012 10:00:07 pm
      Both equally bad. Where's Assaidi?

Injured apparently

Quick Reply