Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool - post match boxing

Read 44057 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool - post match boxing
      Reply #483: Dec 26, 2012 11:33:02 pm
      Agree that would be the Managers fault.

Nah. Think Brendan's mistakes today were not playing three CBs and leaving Shelvey on far longer than he should have been. Once on the pitch, you expect people besides Suarez to put an effort in.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #484: Dec 26, 2012 11:34:06 pm
      The buck has to stop at the manager, someone said that we are getting like the chavs but they sack managers after winning double, leagues and champions leagues, we support ones who are making us a fukin laughing stock
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #485: Dec 26, 2012 11:35:02 pm
      The one undeniable fact about our owners Stuey ,at present we have made no improvement under them ,and that is worrying ,i expected mistakes but i also thought that by now they would have learnt from them ,time will tell but at the moment the management at this club has us playing like a pub outfit ,ok one day and absolutely diabolical the next ,something is seriously wrong when it keeps repeating itself, something or someone is just not learning .
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #486: Dec 26, 2012 11:35:58 pm
      the team the players but i can still critise the sh*t ones, i used to stand by somelike you in kop who moaned about ronny whelan every game, then the season he left he was like we dont half miss whelan he talked utter sh*te aswell azpatriot im talking about you

Like I said before perhaps you should re-evaluate yourself and your support level, your the one doing the moaning...your the one crying like a little bi*ch because of a bad result.

Here let this new supporter give you a little lesson:

Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

Your posts are not support they are a wind-up at best, at worst..god knows.

Feeding time is over so be gone.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #487: Dec 26, 2012 11:37:04 pm
      No.

Manager, buck ( no pun intended) stops with him.

Sorry but that's incorrect because when they cross the line the players need to take some responsibility for their actions and their own personal responsibility to but in the maximum effort.

Only one player is immune from that criticism tonight
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #488: Dec 26, 2012 11:37:51 pm
      Alright let's not lose our heads here. We sacked Rafa, Roy and Kenny. Only Roy you could say wasn't working, but Rafa and Kenny are obviously club legends and were wrongly dismissed IMO. Now people want to sack Brendan so soon? Christ Almighty. Always read the tear-filled posts over Rafa and the inability to achieve an erection since Kenny was sacked, and now people want Brendan out. God damn.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #489: Dec 26, 2012 11:38:13 pm
      You blame anyone but the owners.

Why are the owners responsible for such a gutless performance? The owners have plenty at fault but you cannot possibly in any fair way say they're responsible for tonight. We had 9 people to blame tonight - not one of them was an owner. Get a grip.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #490: Dec 26, 2012 11:45:27 pm
      Alright let's not lose our heads here. We sacked Rafa, Roy and Kenny. Only Roy you could say wasn't working, but Rafa and Kenny are obviously club legends and were wrongly dismissed IMO. Now people want to sack Brendan so soon? Christ Almighty. Always read the tear-filled posts over Rafa and the inability to achieve an erection since Kenny was sacked, and now people want Brendan out. God damn.

Been here daily for 2 years now and honestly this "greatest supporters in the world" title is beyond my comprehension.

I can understand frustration at the owners for not spending enough, and anger for letting Kenny go...Brendan had no part in either one of those. Pretty clear to see what he wants to do and he has said that its going to take time...but 30 matches later I guess enough time has passed and the pitchforks are being sharpened.

Just goes to show how urban myths spread I suppose.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #491: Dec 26, 2012 11:45:57 pm
      Sorry but that's incorrect because when they cross the line the players need to take some responsibility for their actions and their own personal responsibility to but in the maximum effort.

Only one player is immune from that criticism tonight

Think BR needs to take a good slice of responsibility too. The players are playing his system. One striker up top etc etc
      Anyway, don't want to go overboard on the one game, but some steam needed to be vented :)
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #492: Dec 26, 2012 11:46:44 pm
      ill never  re-evaluate myself to you, you think im a MANC if your happy with that tonight and this season as a whole your watching a different game than me and we have to beg to differ, i dont mind be outplayed but when your outfort i blame the manger for picking them players, pick ones wo will fight for the cause you cant blame joe cole for being sh*t he should not be near a LFC shirt who picked Fenway or Werner no BR
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #493: Dec 26, 2012 11:51:11 pm
      I have a friend who used to be an assessor for Liverpool and the first game he was asked to go to was a Bolton game, to look at a player who had caught the attention of the Reds. As he was leaving the boot room, Joe Fagan said to him "What is the first thing you look for in a player, Mal?" Mal said "Can he  pass a ball?" "No" said Joe "Is he a f.....ng winner!" It seems that we no longer look for players who are winners. There are at least five players in the present team who would never have even been considered by the best management team that ever existed.  Only when  we get back to signing players who have the will to win will be get back to where we belong.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #494: Dec 26, 2012 11:58:16 pm
      I bet Corbally could have put some perspective on that tonight would think he is frothing at the mouth. :f_whistle:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #495: Dec 26, 2012 11:59:30 pm
      Think BR needs to take a good slice of responsibility too. The players are playing his system. One striker up top etc etc
      Anyway, don't want to go overboard on the one game, but some steam needed to be vented :)

....We only have one striker. Unless you're saying we should bring up some of the youngsters.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #496: Dec 27, 2012 12:01:35 am
      i agree all teams need winners,  and Bill Shankly made a famous quote show me a good loser and ill show you a loser , that quote is so right every Liverpool fan should be bad losers and not making excuses when i started going to LFC we were winners, and thats all that mattered well im still the same, i hope we get it right under BR but im sick of excuses, winning mentality is a must lets become bad losers again, BR needs to stop playing players who continually fail and play the ones with hunger if we havent sold them all
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #497: Dec 27, 2012 12:05:40 am
      I'd appreciate it if certain people could sack the provocative posts off and just get on about discussing tonights match - not someone's support, owner talk or how long they've been on the forum. FFS it's like last orders in a bingo hall in here sometimes. Stop bitching like old women!

For me, we blew that game tonight. Took a boss early lead and then conceded a really unlucky goal. But after that, they defended in blocks of four - we defended in ones, twos and threes. More than one player for them provided our defenders with a nightmare. Only one of ours done that to their defenders.

Not good enough.

That match tonight had me thinking back to the days when we'd have two tough ariel hard men at the back and a midfield guard that protected the footy on the floor in front of them. Tonight we were taught a lesson on how you work as hard as nails to protect your keeper.

Why the F**k we didn't have anyone on post duty when we conceded a corner is beyond me. They are a team of big men. The likelihood of them winning a header from a corner is pretty good. Leaving either side of your goal exposed - especially the front post - is a F***ing disgrace. It's stuff you learn in school when you're a kid. Where's the leadership on the pitch to sort these things out? It should be an instinctive thing that sort of thing. If your manager is telling you not to get on a post at corners against a team with big men in it, then he needs his head testing. If your captain is telling you not to, then he needs some head testing too. Worse of all, if he's not saying F**k all, then players should be using their initiative.

That second goal we conceded was a bloody disgrace. It should have been dealt with.

After that second goal from Stoke, we always knew the next goal was the crucial one. But the sad thing is, after that second goal from Stoke, we didn't have the potential to score from anyone other than Suarez. No other player in a Liverpool shirt had the enthusiasm and/or quality to cause serious danger to Stoke. The subs made no difference when they came on - one or two of them made things a little worse I felt. It just felt like it would be Stoke who got that next crucial goal to close the game.

I know we're in a change-over period and all that bollocks. But we should have seen better defending and more leadership on the pitch tonight.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #498: Dec 27, 2012 12:08:31 am
      I'd appreciate it if certain people could sack the provocative posts off and just get on about discussing tonights match - not someone's support, owner talk or how long they've been on the forum. FFS it's like last orders in a bingo hall in here sometimes. Stop bitching like old women!

For me, we blew that game tonight. Took a boss early lead and then conceded a really unlucky goal. But after that, they defended in blocks of four - we defended in ones, twos and threes. More than one player for them provided our defenders with a nightmare. Only one of ours done that to their defenders.

Not good enough.

That match tonight had me thinking back to the days when we'd have two tough ariel hard men at the back and a midfield guard that protected the footy on the floor in front of them. Tonight we were taught a lesson on how you work as hard as nails to protect your keeper.

Why the F**k we didn't have anyone on post duty when we conceded a corner is beyond me. They are a team of big men. The likelihood of them winning a header from a corner is pretty good. Leaving either side of your goal exposed - especially the front post - is a F***ing disgrace. It's stuff you learn in school when you're a kid. Where's the leadership on the pitch to sort these things out? It should be an instinctive thing that sort of thing. If your manager is telling you not to get on a post at corners against a team with big men in it, then he needs his head testing. If your captain is telling you not to, then he needs some head testing too. Worse of all, if he's not saying F**k all, then players should be using their initiative.

That second goal we conceded was a bloody disgrace. It should have been dealt with.

After that second goal from Stoke, we always knew the next goal was the crucial one. But the sad thing is, after that second goal from Stoke, we didn't have the potential to score from anyone other than Suarez. No other player in a Liverpool shirt had the enthusiasm and/or quality to cause serious danger to Stoke. The subs made no difference when they came on - one or two of them made things a little worse I felt. It just felt like it would be Stoke who got that next crucial goal to close the game.

I know we're in a change-over period and all that bollocks. But we should have seen better defending and more leadership on the pitch tonight.

+1

We lack physical presence in the team and you can't have that in the prem

We will get outfought and bullied by most teams in the prem

Not enough desire or fight in them
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #499: Dec 27, 2012 12:13:11 am
      +1

Carroll would have been ideal for this game, but I guess as some have suggested he ain't tearing it up at the Hammers in a team set up for his type of play.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #500: Dec 27, 2012 12:15:46 am
      +1

Physical attribute is one of the most vital things you need in the Prem. You can make exceptions up front for that, but not in midfield and defence.

The wake up calls and alarm bells have long gone and here we are going for a Chelsea reject and a "Liverpool reject" in the January transfer window.

It's hard to think how such small signings will help in games like last night. It really is.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #501: Dec 27, 2012 12:16:48 am
      Carroll would have been ideal for this game, but I guess as some have suggested he ain't tearing it up at the Hammers in a team set up for his type of play.

Carroll is currently injured again and has been for over a month

We needed more than just a big lump on the pitch to lump long balls to.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #502: Dec 27, 2012 12:18:26 am
      Carroll is currently injured again and has been for over a month

We needed more than just a big lump on the pitch to lump long balls to.

But his physical presence could have helped creat space for Suarez and others to exploit,could have even used him on the goal line as a defender from set pieces.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #503: Dec 27, 2012 12:18:28 am
      Was looking at our bench tonight Kenny ,and as much as a bad game Shelvey was having ,you just looked at the bench and thought there is no one on there who could improve our midfield ,which is just as worrying as our striker options ,they had big men all over the pitch and not one of ours stood up to them ,well bar one and he must have thought he was in the trench on his own.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #504: Dec 27, 2012 12:19:05 am
      Physical attribute is one of the most vital things you need in the Prem. You can make exceptions up front for that, but not in midfield and defence.

The wake up calls and alarm bells have long gone and here we are going for a Chelsea reject and a "Liverpool reject" in the January transfer window.

It's hard to think how such small signings will help in games like last night. It really is.

I agree in terms of the Chelsea reject but we didnt reject Ince he turned down numerous contract offers and we were forced to let him go and get a nominal fee

But you are spot about physical presence needed

Gerrard and Carra and Sami used to provide but it's not evident in the current team
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #505: Dec 27, 2012 12:20:28 am
      But his physical presence could have helped creat space for Suarez and others to exploit,could have even used him on the goal line as a defender from set pieces.

You would expect something a bit more than that .

I very much doubt Carroll would have made a difference tonight

Quick Reply