Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W14 D6 L3

Adam Lallana (Leicester)

Read 502 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,139 posts | 4215 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Leicester)
      Reply #25: Feb 21, 2020 01:10:07 pm
      Big fan of Adam he would be a great squad player filling in when required and doing a great job. I just don't see him playing 40 or 50 games a season like he did 4 seasons ago its been about 20 since then. He isn't going to play a full season with any club is he so why leave unless its down to money and at 31 he really should have enough tucked away to be able to stay here and add silverware to his career
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,367 posts | 2204 
      Reply #26: Feb 21, 2020 01:39:53 pm
      Big fan of Adam he would be a great squad player filling in when required and doing a great job. I just don't see him playing 40 or 50 games a season like he did 4 seasons ago its been about 20 since then. He isn't going to play a full season with any club is he so why leave unless its down to money and at 31 he really should have enough tucked away to be able to stay here and add silverware to his career

In all seriousness what is it you like about Adam compared to our other midfield options? I don't mean that as any kind of wind up I really am curious what it is I'm missing regarding his contribution.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4116 
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2020 07:11:16 pm
      They have Tielemens, Praet and Maddison who all play similarly to Adam so perhaps they're anticipating a departure.

Maddison is supposedly Man u bound with him being a fan and all that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,764 posts | 4186 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Feb 21, 2020 11:18:44 pm

Step down that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,219 posts | 1513 
      Reply #29: Feb 22, 2020 08:25:34 am

Barely featured this season to be fair. Played the least minutes out of all our midfielders.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,884 posts | 1338 
      Reply #30: Feb 22, 2020 09:23:19 am

Hardly though if Leicester finish top 4 and Mancs don't.

Unless he's a greedy f**ker.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,139 posts | 4215 
      Reply #31: Feb 22, 2020 01:41:01 pm
      Barely featured this season to be fair. Played the least minutes out of all our midfielders.

played 13 times apparently. a good squad option nothing more injuries have taken their toll.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,401 posts | 617 
      Reply #32: Feb 22, 2020 01:43:46 pm
      It's ok. Mbappe to take his place on the bench after that. :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,139 posts | 4215 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2020 01:43:49 pm
      In all seriousness what is it you like about Adam compared to our other midfield options? I don't mean that as any kind of wind up I really am curious what it is I'm missing regarding his contribution.

quite often these days what players do off the ball is almost as important as when they do have it. Klopp loved Lallana because he was always first to start the press. He isn't the same as other midfield players we have we are not comparing him to them if you don't recognise what he has brought when fit over many seasons now then I am not the one to educate you.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,367 posts | 2204 
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2020 02:02:22 pm
      quite often these days what players do off the ball is almost as important as when they do have it. Klopp loved Lallana because he was always first to start the press. He isn't the same as other midfield players we have we are not comparing him to them if you don't recognise what he has brought when fit over many seasons now then I am not the one to educate you.

Why the defensive childish reaction? It was an honest question, so it's the pressing you like, it seems Jürgen disagrees, he's certainly a long way down the pecking order lately.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,401 posts | 617 
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2020 02:05:55 pm

Yes. He's one of the first to understand Jürgen's pressing and did that effectively. Ask any of our players and they'd tell you it's very difficult to get the ball off him. Indeed a valuable option off the bench. I get excited when he comes in knowing full well that he could hold up the midfield. And that last minute Norwich goal. I can never forget.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,248 posts | 1293 
      Reply #36: Feb 22, 2020 05:12:31 pm
      It's ok. Mbappe to take his place on the bench after that. :f_tongueincheek:

You've got it all wrong, mate. Mbappe will take Shaq's place on the bench. Kai Havertz will take's Adam's seat.  ;D

Which begs the question, where are Sancho and Werner going to sit?

Quick Reply