Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210517 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17618: Aug 29, 2014 01:30:34 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  54 min.
      @Gaz1892 maybe another keeper but can't see much happening. More outgoings than incomings now

Gary Jacob
      Liverpool, Tottenham and Juventus made a late attempt to sign Alex McCarthy but the Reading goalkeeper is expected to have a medical this morning to complete a £3 million deal with QPR

Gary Jacob
      Napoli are in talks to sign Daniel Agger, the Liverpool defender

The Napoli/Agger link won't go away.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17619: Aug 29, 2014 01:37:11 pm
      The Napoli/Agger link won't go away.

Problem is mate, Napoli like most Italian clubs don't want to pay for our players .... just loan them.  Maybe offer them a swop Agger and Lucas for Higuain. 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #17620: Aug 29, 2014 01:49:16 pm
      Anybody else hate how sky sports and the likes seem to say we got £65m for Suarez, yet say we paid £25m for Lallana, £20m for Lovren and £20m for Markovic. Have they even checked JD's figures?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17621: Aug 29, 2014 01:53:40 pm
      Problem is mate, Napoli like most Italian clubs don't want to pay for our players .... just loan them.  Maybe offer them a swop Agger and Lucas for Higuain. 
      You'd think they would have learned their lesson by now. Napoli's ignorance in not shelling out a few million on Reina has cost them a huge amount of Champions League money, as their keeper had a 'mare in the second leg of their play-off round.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17622: Aug 29, 2014 02:21:03 pm
      He looks like a wannabe midfield player playing centre half from the video (David Luiz). Maybe they have him in mind as a defensive mid? To be fair we do need one.

Well it seems that way, I thought of him being a DM watching the vid myself because he'd be comfortable on the ball and fast to close down players and technically great all round from what I saw on 1 youtube video alone, I was impressed because I've never seen anyone quite like that player who plays at ease both ends of the pitch.
      I know it's just one vid but for that money he looks a very useful player. Someone who could go on to be worth a lot, because he's still young.

if the link that we're in negotiations is true that is.
       just shooting the breeze n all that, curious if we'll be doing any more business before the window closes.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #17623: Aug 29, 2014 02:41:34 pm
      Conz S raised the point about sky news.  I'm always hearing negative spin on any news story regarding lfc.Sometimes, I try to look for the positive in the story but can't find it.  A good example is our transfer dealings.  Sky always quote us as having paid a higher price than we have paid to buy a player; then they understate the sale price of a player we've sold (Luis t£65m being the latest one).  Maybe the club needs to get a bit closer to some of the sky journo's, certainly the news editors thats for sure.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17624: Aug 29, 2014 02:56:49 pm
      Brendan saying a few more out. If they are there when the window closes, it is because they decided to stay. Also says that any more in is unlikely.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #17625: Aug 29, 2014 03:00:24 pm
      Conz S raised the point about sky news.  I'm always hearing negative spin on any news story regarding lfc.Sometimes, I try to look for the positive in the story but can't find it.  A good example is our transfer dealings.  Sky always quote us as having paid a higher price than we have paid to buy a player; then they understate the sale price of a player we've sold (Luis t£65m being the latest one).  Maybe the club needs to get a bit closer to some of the sky journo's, certainly the news editors thats for sure.
      It does annoy me mate, I don't mean to sound like the world is against us but I notice these things day in, day out. Maybe I just look for it now, who knows. I wonder if fans of other clubs feel the same way.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17626: Aug 29, 2014 03:07:24 pm
      It does annoy me mate, I don't mean to sound like the world is against us but I notice these things day in, day out. Maybe I just look for it now, who knows. I wonder if fans of other clubs feel the same way.
      Regarding Sky, they are just sh*t stirrers. They don't have anything against us, they like to wind up all the big clubs' fans. I don't even check them. When was the last time they broke a significant story which turned out to be true? (even as I type this I can tell that some anorak has list ready to post to prove me wrong  ;D)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #17627: Aug 29, 2014 03:50:32 pm
      Jack Robinson has gone to QPR for £1 million
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #17628: Aug 29, 2014 04:10:51 pm

I want to see him kick on I actually rated him above Kelly and Flanno at one point.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #17629: Aug 29, 2014 04:12:07 pm

Apart from Flannas would appear our academy doesn't produce many first teamers.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #17630: Aug 29, 2014 05:22:17 pm
      I just get the impression that the PL set up with Utd Chelsea and City in domination suits Sky. 
      They almost seem to revel in it at times.  I don't know whether there's any financial link between Sky and any of the above (i'm sure there probably is'nt), but I also get the impression that a resurgent LFC just does'nt suit the media at all and Sky in particular.  Its like they think we've had our day and should now just lie down and accept that the past is the past.  It makes me as a fan want to fight back every time.
      It must make the owners, Brendan and the full management team and players absolutely livid.  I'd put some of the Sky stuff in the dressing room before every game.  It'd make the players run through walls to score goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17631: Aug 29, 2014 05:23:56 pm

Most academies don't but it does make a tidy bit of money plus puts us in a great position to unearth the next Stevie G or Robbie Fowler.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #17632: Aug 29, 2014 05:45:36 pm
      Regarding the transfers this window, I'm really happy - mainly because we have added depth for what seems like the first time in literally ages, but that these already good players can only get better.

It's not like 2011 where we bought players in their absolute peak, and whats more - they were detrimental to the club such as Carroll, Downing, Adam.

I really think we've invested wisely this time around, and that these investments will be useful to us next season and the season after that. Since these Brits we bought in 2011 were already at their peak, a bad season pretty much assured us they were spent players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17633: Aug 29, 2014 05:49:54 pm

Like heimdall said, not many academies do. The most ideal situation for any football academy is to see its talent rise straight to the first team. Fundamentally though, an academies role is to provide kids with a good football career at any club and I think Melwood does that better than most.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #17634: Aug 29, 2014 06:14:16 pm
      Apparently Alex McCarthy to QPR isn't done yet and we are still interested in bringing him here.

Not watched him a lot but I remember him having an absolute stormer against us a couple of years back, think it might have been Brendan's first season in charge.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17635: Aug 29, 2014 06:42:13 pm
      Apparently Alex McCarthy to QPR isn't done yet and we are still interested in bringing him here.

Not watched him a lot but I remember him having an absolute stormer against us a couple of years back, think it might have been Brendan's first season in charge.
      I'd be happy with that. A decent young keeper - not going to steal migs position overnight, but would strongly challenge him later on.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #17636: Aug 29, 2014 07:10:24 pm
      im afraid 1m along with 1.5m for Kelly is not enough considering the appearances they have had. No offence but there are players in division one with no experience of playing premier league or being involved with such a big club going for more £
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17637: Aug 29, 2014 07:31:15 pm
      we are still interested in bringing him here.

According to?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2824 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17638: Aug 29, 2014 09:25:29 pm
      Are we done or does anyone think theres a surprise in store before deadline day?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17639: Aug 29, 2014 09:30:15 pm
      Are we done or does anyone think theres a surprise in store before deadline day?

I'd have said no by the way Rodgers basically ruled out anymore signings but then he also completely ruled out Balotelli and said categorically that he wouldn't be a Liverpool player so who knows.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #17640: Aug 29, 2014 09:31:47 pm
      Only transfer I think might come off is Reus, everything else is dead apart from outgoings.

Quick Reply