Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4266475 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17641: Aug 29, 2014 10:11:59 pm
      Only transfer I think might come off is Reus, everything else is dead apart from outgoings.

There is absolutely no reason to believe we are even trying to get Reus at this stage.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17642: Aug 29, 2014 10:13:23 pm
      I think we are mostly done. If anything I see a backup keeper coming in, but apart from that it does not look likely. A fantastic window in my opinion.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #17643: Aug 29, 2014 10:13:25 pm
      There is absolutely no reason to believe we are even trying to get Reus at this stage.

I'm basing mine on Ben Smiths " joke " and other info.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17644: Aug 29, 2014 10:14:14 pm
      I'm basing mine on Ben Smiths " joke " and other info.

There is no other info...everything out there right now is far from credible. Ben Smith's "joke" was exactly that....a joke.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #17645: Aug 29, 2014 10:17:02 pm
      There is no other info...everything out there right now is far from credible. Ben Smith's "joke" was exactly that....a joke.

Not many " credible " sources throughout the whole section, however not many established journos make such jokes on twitter.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17646: Aug 29, 2014 10:31:48 pm
      Not many " credible " sources throughout the whole section, however not many established journos make such jokes on twitter.
      The rumour has been rubbished repeatedly by anyone who is even half way reliable. Twitter shitters like Indykailer and that ilk know nothing. The joke was made purely because it is a baseless rumour which still persists despite absolutely no credibility.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17647: Aug 29, 2014 10:32:18 pm
      The club is baffled by the rumour. Baffled, I tell you!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #17648: Aug 29, 2014 10:35:59 pm
      Letting youngsters go shouldn't be so easy - look at Rickie Lambert, it's worrying that someone of his technical and all round ability was let go.

Does it suggest that our youth system back then was looking at basic things like physicality and fitness rather than the chance to harness a players technical ability?

We need to be looking at our youth system being the most progressive in the country. We cannot rest on laurels of just unearthing talent which coincides with the English mentality of football. That needs to change desperately, and I think Rodgers knows that too.

I mean, if Southampton can do it so successfully, why can't Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal - clubs with a history of developing young talent?

I'd be bitterly disappointed, and feel sorry for Southampton, if us top clubs were to continually poach the youngsters from the south coast club. If rules were put in place of increasing the number of compulsory youth players to be included in first-team match day squads, I'm all for it because that would compel all clubs to invest in their youth systems and coaching, and without doubt, help the national team.

'Screw the national team, who gives a f**k' I hear many say. But clubs being able to invest heavily in the youth system would allow local lads the chance to play for their clubs, not just watch them (which in itself is becoming increasingly difficult due to ticket prices). At the very least, it would bridge some of the gap between supporters and players by creating a bond due to the inherent understanding and passion that is instilled in players who were born and bred in the local community. It was that very thing that made us love the likes of Jamie Carragher, Robbie Fowler, and Steven Gerrard in addition to their immense ability.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17649: Aug 29, 2014 11:00:26 pm
      Letting youngsters go shouldn't be so easy - look at Rickie Lambert, it's worrying that someone of his technical and all round ability was let go.

Does it suggest that our youth system back then was looking at basic things like physicality and fitness rather than the chance to harness a players technical ability?

We need to be looking at our youth system being the most progressive in the country. We cannot rest on laurels of just unearthing talent which coincides with the English mentality of football. That needs to change desperately, and I think Rodgers knows that too.

I mean, if Southampton can do it so successfully, why can't Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal - clubs with a history of developing young talent?

I'd be bitterly disappointed, and feel sorry for Southampton, if us top clubs were to continually poach the youngsters from the south coast club. If rules were put in place of increasing the number of compulsory youth players to be included in first-team match day squads, I'm all for it because that would compel all clubs to invest in their youth systems and coaching, and without doubt, help the national team.

'Screw the national team, who gives a f**k' I hear many say. But clubs being able to invest heavily in the youth system would allow local lads the chance to play for their clubs, not just watch them (which in itself is becoming increasingly difficult due to ticket prices). At the very least, it would bridge some of the gap between supporters and players by creating a bond due to the inherent understanding and passion that is instilled in players who were born and bred in the local community. It was that very thing that made us love the likes of Jamie Carragher, Robbie Fowler, and Steven Gerrard in addition to their immense ability.

By all accounts we have one of the highest rated academies in world football.

Everything I have seen from 2012/13/14 states that we are top 10 in the world in terms of quality and organization.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #17650: Aug 29, 2014 11:06:15 pm
      You have to let em go to give the next batch a proper run at it. There isn't the time at this level to wait for the next Rickie to develop,don't forget he effectively took a decade to get back to the top flight.

And besides, our Academy are doing as good a job as any. Flanno is here to stay and how much would Raheem fetch on the open market? £40 million minimum and rising I reckon. Young Rossiter will be the next one, the kid looks the real deal to me
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17651: Aug 30, 2014 02:21:05 am
      By all accounts we have one of the highest rated academies in world football.

Everything I have seen from 2012/13/14 states that we are top 10 in the world in terms of quality and organization.
      Where you seeing this in regards us being in top 10 mate, genuine question not trying to be funny seen a few quoting it on here. Was interested to see who was in the top ten but when I googled it we're nowhere to be seen on all sites I go on.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17652: Aug 30, 2014 04:28:17 am
      Where you seeing this in regards us being in top 10 mate, genuine question not trying to be funny seen a few quoting it on here. Was interested to see who was in the top ten but when I googled it we're nowhere to be seen on all sites I go on.

Don't know myself but I'd hazard a guess that Sporting, Barca and Ajax would be in that list.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17653: Aug 30, 2014 07:55:08 am
      Has anyone read or heard that AC Milan are after Suso
       it was all over Italian tv  yesterday evening
       don't know if true  and how they want him loan or permanent,  but most of the time they( Italian transfer experts ) know more what is going on in their clubs than the british journos  know about PL clubs

hope its just a rumour
      EDIT::  I found a link of what was said on tv yesterday
      IL NOME NUOVO - Secondo quanto emerso nel corso di Speciale Calciomercato su Sky Sport, infatti, il giovane Jesus Fernandez Saez, meglio noto come Suso, centrocampista offensivo classe 1993 di proprietà del Liverpool e della Nazionale spagnola Under 21, è finito nel mirino del Milan: il suo contratto è in scadenza nel 2015, attese novità nelle prossime ore.
      http://www.calcionews24.com/milan-spunta-suso-dal-liverpool-400985.html

practiacally it says what I wrote above
       and that his contract with Liverpool ends in 2015

YNWA
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17654: Aug 30, 2014 11:47:00 am
      Don't know myself but I'd hazard a guess that Sporting, Barca and Ajax would be in that list.
      The lists I'm looking at have all the above as well as the likes of Southampton, Anderlecht, Bayern Munich in them. Looked at 3 or 4 different sources now and we appear in none of them. I'm wondering if I'm not looking at the wrong thing, is there an official ranking system?
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #17655: Aug 30, 2014 12:56:16 pm
      The lists I'm looking at have all the above as well as the likes of Southampton, Anderlecht, Bayern Munich in them. Looked at 3 or 4 different sources now and we appear in none of them. I'm wondering if I'm not looking at the wrong thing, is there an official ranking system?

I don't think there is mate I'd say any article out there is purely subjective. Like how would one measure which academies are in fact the best. Do you go
      with the number of youth trophies won by the academies? The number of academy players who go on to make a certain number of appearances for the first team?  Number of players who go on to play top flight football? Number of players who go on to play international football? Is it measured in terms of how much money the club gets from selling their academy players? Or is it some strange amalgamation of all these variables? Not to mention all of the dodgy rules that constitute whether or not players are "homegrown"

Nobody rants or raves about Real Madrid's academy yet they've produced a shed-load of Spanish Internationals (off the top of my head Casillas, Arbeloa, Soldado, Negredo, Mata, Carvajal, Nacho Fernandez, Juanfran, Javi Garcia and Diego Lopez have all been capped in the last 5 years) and La Liga is inundated with players that didn't make the grade. South American clubs produce tons of players only for the Barcelona's of the world to pick up their best young players and then get credit for making them. A club like Athletic Bilbao virtually lives off its academy yet not many of them go on to be internationals and they don't win many (if any) trophies.

Personally I wouldn't be worried about rankings as such (because all they are is just some bloke's opinion) all that matters to me is the number of academy players who help us win trophies and at the moment its only Stevie who's worth mentioning in that regard.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17656: Aug 30, 2014 03:22:26 pm
      Don't laugh but I wouldn't mind spending a few quid on that lad Gayle from Palace. Very impressed when they played us at Selhurst. Unreal pace and hes direct. Scored again today at Newcastle. To me hes the kind of player who could be developed and do a job off the bench for you.

Might keep an eye on him during the season
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17657: Aug 30, 2014 04:04:41 pm
      Falcao 's thread is locked because  his last news was that he is gone to Real
       Now it seems he is not going to Real,  He is coming to the premiership, No not with LFC but with Man.City
          its reported he is in the stands at stoke  watching the game  ready to sign for the champs 
      He was in the monaco squad  than he was called out of it and went to the stands there
        breaking news from the fox sports commentator

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2014 05:04:57 pm by carragerrard »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17658: Aug 30, 2014 04:10:58 pm
      Falcao 's thread is locked because  his last news was that he is gone to Real
       Now it seems he is not going to Real,  He is coming to the premiership, No not with LFC but with Man.City
          its reported he is in the stands at stoke  watching the game  ready to sign for the champs
         breaking news from the fox sports commentator

YNWA

scary thought that
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17659: Aug 30, 2014 04:26:06 pm
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #17660: Aug 30, 2014 04:26:30 pm
      If Falcao goes to city seriously how can we gonna compete against them ? , they don't need Falcao they have already four strikers which 3 of them are top class already , are they just buying for the sake it ?
      Sometimes I think that city and Chelsea plans are buy whoever f**ker and then try to isolate us and arsenal and utd , seems like they want to turn the PL into la ligua two teams that will have huge margin over the others .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17661: Aug 30, 2014 04:45:10 pm
      If Falcao goes to city seriously how can we gonna compete against them ? , they don't need Falcao they have already four strikers which 3 of them are top class already , are they just buying for the sake it ?
      Sometimes I think that city and Chelsea plans are buy whoever f**ker and then try to isolate us and arsenal and utd , seems like they want to turn the PL into la ligua two teams that will have huge margin over the others .

I think that's exactly what they try to do.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17662: Aug 30, 2014 04:55:15 pm
      I think that's exactly what they try to do.

yes you can think that , but with all the strikers and high earners they have city just lost to stoke at home,
       even they have thier bad days
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17663: Aug 30, 2014 05:02:39 pm
      Have to correct my post , Falcao was not at the city ground, he was put out from the squad of monaco and he was in the monaco stands , not injured

Quick Reply