Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320531 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #18032: Oct 13, 2014 09:16:09 pm
      If was spending that kinda money (Reus.. if true...prob not but who knows), would deffo try to get a striker instead.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #18033: Oct 14, 2014 10:38:57 am
      Think we need reus and varane this janaury, that is all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #18034: Oct 14, 2014 10:42:02 am
      Think we need reus and varane this janaury, that is all.

Not too much to ask for is it :P
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #18035: Oct 14, 2014 10:46:24 am

Yes it is highly unlikely ;D, but wouldnt you think them two would be prefect? With Varane and Sakho together (Looked flawless for France). And Obviously Reus with the pace and flair and service to sterling, Balo and studge also. Would also give a good lift for the rest of the squad aswell.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18036: Oct 14, 2014 11:04:29 am
      Liverpool has entered in the race for Fábio Sturgeon
      English farther Portuguese mother
      http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=506354

Yeah I read that. I don't know anything about him, other than what I've read. Twenty-five senior starts and one goal for a mid-table Portuguese team - it might not be much of a "race". Another young player, with potential: another one for the "future"?

Can't say I'm overly excited by the 'news' if I'm being honest.  :-\
      « Last Edit: Oct 14, 2014 11:27:46 am by bad boy bubby »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #18037: Oct 14, 2014 11:10:02 am
      Yes it is highly unlikely ;D, but wouldnt you think them two would be prefect? With Varane and Sakho together (Looked flawless for France). And Obviously Reus with the pace and flair and service to sterling, Balo and studge also. Would also give a good lift for the rest of the squad aswell.

Yes I would they would be dream signings but I can't see either happening certainly not in January. After watching Stevie in a more advanced role against West Brom I think our priority signing in January should be a defensive midfielder to replace Lucas. Then we could push Stevie further forward in games. Someone like Lars Bender or even Khedira would be ideal.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #18038: Oct 14, 2014 11:13:26 am
      Liverpool has entered in the race for Fábio Sturgeon
      English farther Portuguese mother
      http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=506354

Who the F**k is he?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18039: Oct 14, 2014 01:24:47 pm

Never mind that, who the hell is that source?! I though it said Ebola at first!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #18040: Oct 15, 2014 08:51:52 am

All Sounds a bit fishy  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #18041: Oct 15, 2014 12:44:09 pm
      If ever Liverpool needed to perform one of their January super striker signings then this is the season to do it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #18042: Oct 24, 2014 08:49:23 am
      Valdes in talks to sign for the Scum.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #18043: Oct 24, 2014 09:08:47 am
      Valdes in talks to sign for the Scum.
      Interesting, but any links to this story?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #18044: Oct 24, 2014 09:19:06 am
      He is going there to train ie do his Rehab. LVG knows hm from his time there as Manager.

He wont be replacing De Gea thats for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18045: Oct 24, 2014 09:03:13 pm
      If Valdes goes to the cum then that is another balls up by our "committee". Got the opportunity to sign a pretty decent keeper, much better than the lump we have in goal at the moment....he's also FREE!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18046: Oct 24, 2014 09:13:31 pm
      If Valdes goes to the cum then that is another balls up by our "committee". Got the opportunity to sign a pretty decent keeper, much better than the lump we have in goal at the moment....he's also FREE!

According to reports the sh*te are his preferred option and he's as good as signed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18047: Oct 24, 2014 09:19:48 pm
      According to reports the sh*te are his preferred option and he's as good as signed.

Marvellous, we'll stick with Migs then and have Jones as backup  :gt-happyup:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18048: Oct 25, 2014 08:59:12 am

It was confirmed on Thursday that Valdes, a six-time league winner with Barcelona, is being allowed to use the Old Trafford club's training facilities as he continues his return to fitness. The 32-year-old - who is a free agent after leaving Barcelona at the end of last season - will join in with first-team training once he has recovered from the injury.

When asked whether he would consider signing the Spaniard if he returns to full fitness, Van Gaal was coy. "Manchester United has always their eyes open," he said.

The Dutchman has seen plenty of the goalkeeper already, having given Valdes his debut in 2002 after the coach returned to the Camp Nou to take charge for a second time. The Spaniard became first-choice under Van Gaal and remained so until the Dutchman decided to left the club during the following summer.

Valdes had been linked with a move to Liverpool, whose goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has endured a series of underwhelming performances so far this season. However, Van Gaal, whose goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek also worked with Valdes at Barcelona, has since offered the three-time Champions League winner the chance to recover from injury at his club's training base in Carrington.

A poke in the eye from the Scum

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/valdes-visit-could-be-extended-admits-van-gaal.25687934
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18049: Oct 25, 2014 11:33:59 am

It was confirmed on Thursday that Valdes, a six-time league winner with Barcelona, is being allowed to use the Old Trafford club's training facilities as he continues his return to fitness. The 32-year-old - who is a free agent after leaving Barcelona at the end of last season - will join in with first-team training once he has recovered from the injury.

When asked whether he would consider signing the Spaniard if he returns to full fitness, Van Gaal was coy. "Manchester United has always their eyes open," he said.

The Dutchman has seen plenty of the goalkeeper already, having given Valdes his debut in 2002 after the coach returned to the Camp Nou to take charge for a second time. The Spaniard became first-choice under Van Gaal and remained so until the Dutchman decided to left the club during the following summer.

Valdes had been linked with a move to Liverpool, whose goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has endured a series of underwhelming performances so far this season. However, Van Gaal, whose goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek also worked with Valdes at Barcelona, has since offered the three-time Champions League winner the chance to recover from injury at his club's training base in Carrington.

A poke in the eye from the Scum

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/valdes-visit-could-be-extended-admits-van-gaal.25687934

The f**ker isn't allowed to even be a stop gap goalie for us if he could ever consider them, foreign or not.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #18050: Oct 25, 2014 12:04:06 pm
      Something not right about a keeper of Valdes quality being a free agent injury or not,  he should be tagged on somewhere no doing the rounds trying to get a berth all over Europe .
      His chances of ousting Ming are  better than moving DeGea which would be a harder job IMO ,I suppose if we wanted a cheap option to push Ming ,Craig Gordon at Celtic  could maybe do a job ,hes a good solid keeper very commanding of his area comes for crosses great concentration plus hes a great shot stopper ,hes on a season by season contract at Darkheid  I think he wouldnt cost to much his injuries are well known unlike our Spanish interest so if you could handle £35/£40K a week I'm sure Gordon would bite yer hand off, I know we dipped out for Remy on medical reason only for him to be snapped up by the Chavs,yet  I think he is worth a shot could be a great bit of business on the cheap.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18051: Oct 25, 2014 12:32:08 pm
      Something not right about a keeper of Valdes quality being a free agent injury or not,  he should be tagged on somewhere no doing the rounds trying to get a berth all over Europe .
      His chances of ousting Ming are  better than moving DeGea which would be a harder job IMO ,I suppose if we wanted a cheap option to push Ming ,Craig Gordon at Celtic  could maybe do a job ,hes a good solid keeper very commanding of his area comes for crosses great concentration plus hes a great shot stopper ,hes on a season by season contract at Darkheid  I think he wouldnt cost to much his injuries are well known unlike our Spanish interest so if you could handle £35/£40K a week I'm sure Gordon would bite yer hand off, I know we dipped out for Remy on medical reason only for him to be snapped up by the Chavs,yet  I think he is worth a shot could be a great bit of business on the cheap.

Would they allow him to go after Fraser Forster was took out their team?  He's another one who looks to be top class.
      Big teams need to stand up sometimes, including Celtic, in other words we can't go round and cherry pick every teams best players...
      Or am I missing the point?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #18052: Oct 25, 2014 03:51:26 pm
      You look after number one  in this case Liverpool FC ,Celtic have cherrypicked for decades mate if we could do a deal for Gordon and it improves Liverpool why not ,hes waisted there IMO
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18053: Oct 25, 2014 06:51:58 pm
      when i said we should have signed bony you lot kept slagging me off like you do now when i'm saying we should sack brendan
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18054: Oct 25, 2014 06:55:44 pm
      you lot kept slagging me off like you do now when i'm saying we should sack brendan

No one slags you off, we just don't listen

Quick Reply