Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4276956 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #18446: Dec 23, 2014 12:07:09 pm
      I think Cech is a no brainer many a season left in him. Plus his agent has told us to make an approach if you believe rumours. Of all the players we have been linked with I expect this one to happen.

Each to their own.
      Bier
      Reply #18447: Dec 23, 2014 04:18:15 pm
      Been reading Russia is near an economic crisis, their coin lost half their value, football clubs are in financial difficulties, players and staff not getting paid, their FA is basically bankrupt. Clubs want to get rid of their expensive players. There's also new regulations taking effect next season in Russian football, no more than 10 foreign players in the squads. Sounds like a firesale is about to happen.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18448: Dec 23, 2014 04:30:20 pm
      Been reading Russia is near an economic crisis, their coin lost half their value, football clubs are in financial difficulties, players and staff not getting paid, their FA is basically bankrupt. Clubs want to get rid of their expensive players. There's also new regulations taking effect next season in Russian football, no more than 10 foreign players in the squads. Sounds like a firesale is about to happen.

Seydou Doumbia, anyone?
      Bier
      Reply #18449: Dec 23, 2014 04:43:37 pm

Been wondering what's going on with that guy, wasn't even selected for the World Cup. And now I read he retired from their national team when he's just 26 years old. At least that means no mid season Africa Cups for him.

But plenty of interesting players in that league yeah. Akinfeev, Garay, Kokorin, Rondon, Musa.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18450: Dec 23, 2014 04:52:30 pm
      Been wondering what's going on with that guy, wasn't even selected for the World Cup. And now I read he retired from their national team when he's just 26 years old. At least that means no mid season Africa Cups for him.

But plenty of interesting players in that league yeah. Akinfeev, Garay, Kokorin, Rondon, Musa.

A quick look at the squads and I've noticed Mario Fernandes, Dzagoev, Musa, Doumbia, Elm and Natkho from CSKA (I don't really know much about the latter two to be honest, but they're pretty good on FM :D); Dzsudzsák (whatever happened to him?), Kokorin and Valbuena from Dynamo Moscow; Bocchetti and Rômulo from Spartak Moscow; Criscito, Lombaerts, Hulk, Javi García, Rondon, Garay and Witsel from Zenit.

Goes without saying that I have no idea how most of these players have performed of late, I just listed the names I know and seem to be interesting.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #18451: Dec 23, 2014 05:22:29 pm
      i still think hulk would be a very good signing for us...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18452: Dec 23, 2014 05:49:09 pm

He'd be an interesting one, another player who for some reason hasn't moved to a 'big' club. There must be something behind it, I've seen him turn in some poor performances, but also some world beating ones. Do we really want him and Balo on the field at the same time? Very hit and miss.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #18453: Dec 23, 2014 07:28:12 pm
      He'd be an interesting one, another player who for some reason hasn't moved to a 'big' club. There must be something behind it, I've seen him turn in some poor performances, but also some world beating ones. Do we really want him and Balo on the field at the same time? Very hit and miss.

Yeah, but 50% of the time, we'd win every time.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #18454: Dec 23, 2014 07:39:49 pm
      we could do with Captain America as well . ;)Hulk could be the bruiser that we need to run at defences .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #18455: Dec 23, 2014 07:43:03 pm

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18456: Dec 23, 2014 09:01:16 pm
      we could do with Captain America as well . ;)

Well, we TRIED to sign him, but...

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #18457: Dec 23, 2014 09:15:13 pm
      according to bbc, saints are going to loan dutch winger Elia for the rest of the season. I know he was highly rated but dont know how he is doing these days.
      I try to watch different leagues but unfortunatly i dont watch bundes liga since i dont have the channels.
      anybody know how Elia is doing these days? would love to hear Bier's opinion.
      Bier
      Reply #18458: Dec 23, 2014 09:20:20 pm
      according to bbc, saints are going to loan dutch winger Elia for the rest of the season. I know he was highly rated but dont know how he is doing these days.
      I try to watch different leagues but unfortunatly i dont watch bundes liga since i dont have the channels.

He's been sh*t for a few seasons now, Werder supporters are very happy to see the back of him. Mostly seems to be an attitude and mentality problem. He could turn out to be a good half season loan for Southampton though, if he feels he has something to prove, or wants to earn a permanent move. He does have pace and skills, Koeman knows that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18459: Dec 24, 2014 12:53:29 am

Think he is just fizzling out as a run of the mill average player now, nothing special and wouldn't be worth going after IMO.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18460: Dec 24, 2014 02:49:36 am

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #18461: Dec 24, 2014 09:22:38 am
      I see Twatter is getting a little overheated with a rumour about Berahino for £25m and Mario on the way out.

I like the kid but I'm not convinced that the level of "proven" quality we need right now.

I'd post the link but I still don't understand yon Twatter phenomenon and in any event I'd have to own up to the wife I'd knocked her phone to check it for transfer gossip in my over eager pre January lust!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18462: Dec 24, 2014 09:53:33 am
      I see Twatter is getting a little overheated with a rumour about Berahino for £25m and Mario on the way out.

I like the kid but I'm not convinced that the level of "proven" quality we need right now.

I'd post the link but I still don't understand yon Twatter phenomenon and in any event I'd have to own up to the wife I'd knocked her phone to check it for transfer gossip in my over eager pre January lust!

Have to agree mate

Don't get me wrong I haven't seen quite enough of him to say whether he will be top drawer in the long run but at that price the lad is on a hiding to nothing straight away to hit the ground running.
      25m for a few months of good football? We haven't leant anything of so
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #18463: Dec 24, 2014 10:54:23 am
      Have to agree mate

Don't get me wrong I haven't seen quite enough of him to say whether he will be top drawer in the long run but at that price the lad is on a hiding to nothing straight away to hit the ground running.
      25m for a few months of good football? We haven't leant anything of so

It's one of those.....if that's the answer then what is the question type scenarios.

I'd suggest if that is our owners response to the current situation then they're less concerned by results than we are.......perhaps the overall business model is bang on track.

Therefore.....plant more saplings and watch them grow into trees we can sell.

Remember that rumour was predicated on a turn on Mario so would represent a £25m asset secured for net £15m realising an immediate financial upside.

Ach it's Xmas - I need to "rein" in my "deer" old cynicism...!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18464: Dec 24, 2014 11:15:34 am
      £25mill for a player that had a good first couple of months to the season but now starting to fizzle out? Christ, sounds like Carroll all over again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #18465: Dec 24, 2014 01:26:13 pm
      I'd take Defoe before splashing out on Berahino just yet.

We need proven record right now then reassess in the summer.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18466: Dec 24, 2014 02:56:53 pm
      He's been sh*t for a few seasons now, Werder supporters are very happy to see the back of him. Mostly seems to be an attitude and mentality problem. He could turn out to be a good half season loan for Southampton though, if he feels he has something to prove, or wants to earn a permanent move. He does have pace and skills, Koeman knows that.

Yeah I think Koeman is probably just taking a pretty risk-free punt on a player with decent ability. Might work out but I wouldn't want him at LFC
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18467: Dec 24, 2014 03:36:03 pm
      We need a top notch goalie and striker, I don't care how much it costs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18468: Dec 24, 2014 06:34:59 pm
      Seen reports today that Cech's agent has been in talks with Real Madrid. Not sure how serious they are but puts into perspective how far from reliable the sources were that linked us with him.

Quick Reply