Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4303147 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19734: Apr 05, 2015 04:42:03 pm
      We're getting 2 in the summer in Origi and Ings mate so I doubt we'll be getting anyone else.
      Ings is nae done deal. City, Chelsea and (;D) Sociedad are pretty keen on him too. Naturally, he would just rot on the bench of the former two, but that's never stopped footballers making bad decisions in the past.
      That said, the general rumblings seem to indicate that midfield is where our big money signing is going to be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19735: Apr 05, 2015 04:45:45 pm
      We're getting 2 in the summer in Origi and Ings mate so I doubt we'll be getting anyone else.

Replacing Borini, Balotelli and Lambert with those 2 is just going sideways. I hope we don't go for Ings, doesn't score enough and we already have plenty of those types of strikers.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19736: Apr 05, 2015 04:55:49 pm
      Replacing Borini, Balotelli and Lambert with those 2 is just going sideways. I hope we don't go for Ings, doesn't score enough and we already have plenty of those types of strikers.

I agree. Ings is way below average.  I would rather we use a kids tbh!!! Really hope we don't sign him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19737: Apr 05, 2015 05:16:26 pm
      Ings is nae done deal. City, Chelsea and (;D) Sociedad are pretty keen on him too. Naturally, he would just rot on the bench of the former two, but that's never stopped footballers making bad decisions in the past.
      That said, the general rumblings seem to indicate that midfield is where our big money signing is going to be.

No it's not a done deal mate you're right but I can't see us paying the necessary to get a really top striker if we're also trying to sign a top midfielder.  We just don't have the money for both.

He's free so they'll gamble on him whether it's sideways or not mate.  I really can't see us paying top dollar for a different striker, unless Raheem is sold.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19738: Apr 05, 2015 07:32:11 pm
      We desperately need a striker or two. That's where we need to strengthen more than anywhere.

Who's available? Lacazette is the flavour of the month. Anyone else? We seem to pluck them from feeder clubs so anyone standing out in Portugal, Holland, France etc?

I'd set my sights on Villarreal's Luciano Vietto, personally. We were linked to him a few months ago, but I'm not sure how legit those links were.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19739: Apr 05, 2015 07:34:26 pm
      I'd set my sights on Villarreal's Luciano Vietto, personally. We were linked to him a few months ago, but I'm not sure how legit those links were.

I'd go all out for both and then sell Lambert, Balotelli and Borini. Origi, Sturridge, Vietto and Lacazette - why not? :D Man, I love FM!
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #19740: Apr 05, 2015 08:04:25 pm
      I'd be furious if we sold him for anything less.

Anyone wants him they pay top dollar.

That's just support for the club talking, same as what the supporters will be saying about Ings. Couple of facts in the same league Ings has provided a hell of a lot more than Raheem playing alongside worse players this season.

So if we get 50 for Raheem how much is Ings worth?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,352 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19741: Apr 05, 2015 09:10:48 pm
      That's just support for the club talking, same as what the supporters will be saying about Ings. Couple of facts in the same league Ings has provided a hell of a lot more than Raheem playing alongside worse players this season.

So if we get 50 for Raheem how much is Ings worth?

Please tell me you're not comparing Ings with Sterling?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #19742: Apr 05, 2015 09:19:21 pm
      Please tell me you're not comparing Ings with Sterling?

And please tell me you have a better argument, Ings 9 goals in fewer games at a worse club. So tell me why raheems stats are worse but he demands a higher fee. Is it potential? Well you don't pay 50 million for potential
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,352 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19743: Apr 05, 2015 09:20:54 pm
      And please tell me you have a better argument, Ings 9 goals in fewer games at a worse club. So tell me why raheems stats are worse but he demands a higher fee. Is it potential? Well you don't pay 50 million for potential

You really think that if Ings and Raheem were put on the transfer list tomorrow Ings would be even close to matching Sterling's tranfer value?

Get a grip mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #19744: Apr 05, 2015 10:30:21 pm
      You really think that if Ings and Raheem were put on the transfer list tomorrow Ings would be even close to matching Sterling's tranfer value?

Get a grip mate.

Ings will bring 18-23m.

Raheem will bring 35-45m.

That's just my opinion, I could be completely off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19745: Apr 05, 2015 10:50:31 pm

If that's the case, we should sign and resell :D

Seriously, Ings is probably worth 5m-10m. For those that rate him, what do people see in him and what can he offer to our team?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19746: Apr 05, 2015 10:55:23 pm
      For those that rate him, what do people see in him and what can he offer to our team?

I don't rate to be honest and I think it's showing in his form. He hasn't been anywhere as good since the turn of the year IMO. Just an average player who was in good form.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #19747: Apr 05, 2015 11:00:23 pm
      I don't rate to be honest and I think it's showing in his form. He hasn't been anywhere as good since the turn of the year IMO. Just an average player who was in good form.

Yup that probably sums up Danny Ings.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19748: Apr 06, 2015 12:43:00 am
      If that's the case, we should sign and resell :D

Seriously, Ings is probably worth 5m-10m. For those that rate him, what do people see in him and what can he offer to our team?

That's the problem though isn't it and one that goes to the heart of the problems with our transfer policy. We won't pay £5m to £10m for him, we'll probably pay £15m to £20m for him. It wouldn't be quite so bad if we where signing all this dross for next to nothing but we're not shopping on the cheap, we're over paying for under skilled players all the time.
      Bier
      Reply #19749: Apr 06, 2015 02:07:02 am
      That's the problem though isn't it and one that goes to the heart of the problems with our transfer policy. We won't pay £5m to £10m for him, we'll probably pay £15m to £20m for him. It wouldn't be quite so bad if we where signing all this dross for next to nothing but we're not shopping on the cheap, we're over paying for under skilled players all the time.

Highly doubt we're paying that much considering that his contract is running out at the end of this season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #19750: Apr 06, 2015 03:27:07 am
      "Exceptional" like Adam, Dejan or Lazar? Because that's what your £50m buys.

I wouldn't be sure that we would spend the dosh on one "world class" either (as much as I, like Brendan, would like that) 'cause he'd be looking paid. 

Then again; with Stevie & Glen gone wages, for top quality, shouldn't be an issue.

It'll be interesting if nothing else.

It's a good point about SG and GJ wages, we'll have the funds for top wages for someone else. The issue will still be CL football. It's looking likely we would have no choice but to pay over the odds to get any class player for no CL. I fear it's going to be tough summer mate :(

Having said that, we don't have to sell Sterling this summer and we dug our heels in before to keep Suarez for one last season, so I hope we do it again.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #19751: Apr 06, 2015 07:37:20 am
      Ings will be another Borini case in 1 year. I rated him at first, but watching him further i too believe he's not Liverpool material.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19752: Apr 06, 2015 09:44:38 am
      The issue will still be CL football. It's looking likely we would have no choice but to pay over the odds to get any class player for no CL. I fear it's going to be tough summer mate[/b]
      That will mean a change in Mr. John's stated policy. Can he really move from the seemingly intransigent "never again" stance? Interesting times ahead.

Having said that, we don't have to sell Sterling this summer and we dug our heels in before to keep Suarez for one last season, so I hope we do it again.
      I get your point but let's look at the Suarez situation - we kept him that season but added no one, of real quality, to compliment him; spending £40m - £50m on players who weren't really needed and had no, real, positive impact. No much point in digging our heals in with Raheem if we are to go searching for and pinning our hope on easily paid "potential"... in my opinion, obviously.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #19753: Apr 06, 2015 01:02:27 pm

I get your point but let's look at the Suarez situation - we kept him that season but added no one, of real quality, to compliment him; spending £40m - £50m on players who weren't really needed and had no, real, positive impact. No much point in digging our heals in with Raheem if we are to go searching for and pinning our hope on easily paid "potential"... in my opinion, obviously.

Well this is why it's going to be an interesting summer. Like most want, will we spend same amount on fewer quality players or something different? I think this summer will reveal much about how much the board and owners are willing to adapt policies to stop us becoming a selling club and how they would do it under the shadows of FFP, which is significant.

Part of me thinks that things won't change drastically in the short term. The owners have shown themselves to be patient and sticking to their plans in the face of any opposition. Let's face it, until the new stadium is built, revenues won't increase drastically, so the only real chance is offloading significant dead wood  to increase the pot....or worse, sell stars :(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19754: Apr 07, 2015 05:06:51 pm
      New rumours: we are interest in Kondogbia (great DM on FM :D) and Sam Byram:

Liverpool keeping tabs on Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia and remain keen on Danny Ings and James Milner
      - Liverpool scouts have been impressed by Geoffrey Kondogbia this season
      - The midfielder was one of the most coveted youngsters in Europe
      - France international joined Monaco from Sevilla in 2013 for £17million
      - Liverpool remain in the frame for James Milner and Danny Ings

Liverpool are watching Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.

The France international was one of the most coveted players in Europe prior to signing for the wealthy French club from Sevilla in 2013.

Real Madrid, Manchester United, Juventus and Paris St Germain were all keen.

He had an initial dip in form after his move but has since kicked on again and has impressed Liverpool scouts in Europe and the French league this season.

The 22-year-old was key to Monaco's Champions League victory over Arsenal, particularly in their first leg performance at The Emirates and is back on the radar of other big clubs.

Kondogbia has represented France three times and has made 23 appearances for Monaco this season.

Liverpool's budget and attraction will hinge on qualification for the Champions League which Brendan Rodgers admits looks slim. They remain in the frame for James Milner and Danny Ings.

The English duo's contacts are set to expire at the end of the season with neither player looking likely to extend their current deals.

Milner would be available for nothing should he decide to leave Manchester City, while a compensation fee would have to be agreed between Liverpool and Burnley for Ings because of his age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3027353/Liverpool-keeping-tabs-Monaco-midfielder-Geoffrey-Kondogbia-remain-keen-Danny-Ings-James-Milner.html

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool to swoop for Leeds starlet Sam Byram
      LIVERPOOL are closing in on a £8m deal to sign Leeds starlet Sam Byram.

The England under-20 wing back has emerged as one of the hottest prospects outside the top flight this season.

Leeds rejected a £4.5m bid from Southampton for him last summer but boss Ronald Koeman remains interested along with Sunderland.

The Black Cats have spent the last eight months keeping tabs on Byram along with the Reds.

Brendan Rodgers has sent scouts to watch him in action more than six times, while the Reds boss also ran the rule over Byram himself last month.

Starsport understands the Premier League giants are now in pole position to lure Byram to Anfield in the summer.

The 20-year-old made his Leeds debut in 2012 and has gone on to make more than 100 league appearances for the Championship outfit.

In May 2013 he was called into the England under-20 squad for the FIFA under-20 World Cup in Turkey but was forced to withdraw due to a hip problem.

Byram has been likened to Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale when it comes to his style of play.

His running power from full back and ability to be creative as a wing back has alerted Rodgers, who is desperate to strengthen his defence in the close season.

He is convinced Byram can be moulded into one of the best wing backs in the top flight and would suit his side's attacking formation.

Suspended Leeds president Massimo Cellino values Byram in the £10m bracket.

But it is understood the controversial Italian is willing to reach a compromise with Reds bosses in order to strike a deal.

Meanwhile Rodgers has warned Dejan Loveren he faces a fight to win his place back.

The 25-year-old Croatia defender could get a chance to prove his worth against Blackburn in the Reds' FA Cup quarter-final replay tomorrow.

But Kop boss Rodgers had highlighted the attributes that made him name veteran Kolo Toure in the 4-1 hammering by Arsenal on Saturday with Martin Skrtel suspended and Lovren on the bench.

Rodgers said: "The thing with Kolo is he gives me everything every single day so I know what I was going to get with him.

"Dejan was someone who was obviously out over the international break, now he is fighting well and looking strong.

"He will be in contention for the Cup game."

Rodgers' side have lost back-to-back Premier League games against top-four rivals Manchester United and Arsenal to effectively kill off their hopes of Champions League qualification.

But the Irishman is not planning to rip up his formation again.

Rodgers switched to a 3-4-3 style earlier in the campaign when their season threatened to go down the pan.

It sparked a 13-game unbeaten run in the league, but he has no intention to overhaul it again.

He said: "It's finding what suits the players. We have obviously got a number of players out now and when we changed the system it suited them.

"We are always looking to find a way.

"Our possession just hasn't been good enough, that has been the key to it.

"I don't think it was anything to do with the system, whatever system we were playing, we just didn't pass the ball quick enough in recent games."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/434981/EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-Leeds-starlet-Sam-Byram
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19755: Apr 07, 2015 05:43:50 pm
      Players like Kondogbia, Pjanic or Filipe Anderson have the potential promise of CL football already. Having finished second, we got players from clubs outside CL. Lallana, Can, Mario, Moreno, Lovren et al.

I dont see how finishing inside/outside CL will determine our ability to attract 'top talent'. We should have done that last summer. With our wage structure and recruitment 'policy', the owners are not shelling out mad money and wages for the likes of Reus/Pogba/Cavani or even the 3 mentioned above.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2015 06:45:34 pm by Vicks86 »
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #19756: Apr 07, 2015 08:10:10 pm
      Players like Kondogbia, Pjanic or Filipe Anderson have the potential promise of CL football already. Having finished second, we got players from clubs outside CL. Lallana, Can, Mario, Moreno, Lovren et al.

I dont see how finishing inside/outside CL will determine our ability to attract 'top talent'. We should have done that last summer. With our wage structure and recruitment 'policy', the owners are not shelling out mad money and wages for the likes of Reus/Pogba/Cavani or even the 3 mentioned above.

Even without CL and with our wage structure, we can pay far more than all Italian or French teams bar Juventus. Kondogbia, Pjanic and Anderson are realistic as long as we aren't competing with another PL team in the champions league for them.
      Also Bayer Leverkusen were in the champions league, as were Markovic and Origi.

Quick Reply