Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210992 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #20401: May 31, 2015 12:22:14 pm
      Vietto is exactly the type of striker we should be signing. The polar opposite to Benteke.

Hes good alright. Signed for Villareal 1 year ago.... Moving on.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20402: May 31, 2015 12:30:22 pm
      Heres a thought... wait for Rafa to join Real. He will be happy to talk to our reps about signing side line players. Whether they will talk to us is another issue altogether.

Saying that, not sure why we didnt try this tact before he left Napoli. Would love hamsik, Mertens or Callejon type signing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20403: May 31, 2015 12:45:47 pm
      As opposed to?

Are scouts are under 16 and not allowed fly without parental consent

Inside: Mignolet, Allen, Lovren, Toure, Henderson, Lambert, Sturridge, Lallana.

Outside: Sakho, Moreno, Coutinho, Can, Borini.

We seem to go inside for experience and outside for youth. Would be a better idea to try going for some experience outside of the Prem.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20404: May 31, 2015 12:48:37 pm
      Inside: Mignolet, Allen, Lovren, Toure, Henderson, Lambert, Sturridge, Lallana.

Outside: Sakho, Moreno, Coutinho, Can, Borini.

We seem to go inside for experience and outside for youth. Would be a better idea to try going for some experience outside of the Prem.

You forgot Ballo.

I suppose outside is not always the way.

Lets just try PROVEN QUALITY for a while.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20405: May 31, 2015 01:25:52 pm
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #20406: May 31, 2015 01:53:53 pm
      We need a completely new spine, for all intensive purposes we are disabled in every sense of the word.

DM - 20m - one who can protect the defense and but recycle the ball forward quickly.
      AM - 30m - loads of goals
      ST - 30m - loads of goals
      All we need is to spend 80m on 3proven players on those 3 positions.

Anyother positions are a bonus. These 3 are priority.
      I agree, mate, although I'd prioritise ST, DM and a RB over an AM.  And I'm convinced we need to buy a captain.  Someone who embodies Stevie's energy and drive, but is more vocal and directing on the pitch.  Wish I could think of somebody!!!  Players seem generally too quiet these days!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,760 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20407: May 31, 2015 01:55:28 pm

Thanks for the Video OR but I stopped it after about a minute where it said WEAKNESSES: Aerial ability.

I'd love a Striker that can head a ball and smash it into the back of the net as well as doing all the other stuff you'd expect from a Striker. That's just me though, I've never seen this lad play and he might be fantastic but I just want a Striker who has every trick in his locker.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20408: May 31, 2015 02:04:09 pm
      Thanks for the Video OR but I stopped it after about a minute where it said WEAKNESSES: Aerial ability.

I'd love a Striker that can head a ball and smash it into the back of the net as well as doing all the other stuff you'd expect from a Striker. That's just me though, I've never seen this lad play and he might be fantastic but I just want a Striker who has every trick in his locker.

I've never seen Messi score a header though mate, (although he's probably scored tonnes) I don't know much about him, but I do love a fast tricky forward.
      Probably all just speculation anyway!  :-\
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #20409: May 31, 2015 02:09:56 pm

I agree, mate.  Vietto video (thanks for that btw) reminded me of one I watched of Borini when we got him!  Nippy, mobile, small, etc.  I'd like somebody who can head it, too, that's why I like Ings/Austin; they can do the mobile and the direct, muscular stuff.  Not saying Vietto wouldn't be up to it though!   I also think the heading ability is an asset when defending corners, Carroll was top at that.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20410: May 31, 2015 02:13:00 pm
      I agree, mate, although I'd prioritise ST, DM and a RB over an AM.  And I'm convinced we need to buy a captain.  Someone who embodies Stevie's energy and drive, but is more vocal and directing on the pitch.  Wish I could think of somebody!!!  Players seem generally too quiet these days!

That they are. Plus I want someone with attitude on the pitch. Someone who intentionally rips through players when the game takes a nasty turn. Right now, we are a bunch of nice guys.... Kinda like BR is with media.

Maybe its a conscious effort to clear clubs rep of the name of Suarez.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20411: May 31, 2015 02:17:14 pm
      SO if we are going to buy from within the league that will exclude,Chelsea,City,Utd,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton. So who is actually left with players that could improve us ?.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20412: May 31, 2015 02:17:53 pm
      You forgot Ballo.

I suppose outside is not always the way.

Lets just try PROVEN QUALITY for a while.

He's easily forgettable, bit like on the pitch.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #20413: May 31, 2015 02:35:22 pm
      SO if we are going to buy from within the league that will exclude,Chelsea,City,Utd,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton. So who is actually left with players that could improve us ?.
      answer your own question and tellus who you'd go for?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20414: May 31, 2015 02:39:39 pm
      I agree, mate.  Vietto video (thanks for that btw) reminded me of one I watched of Borini when we got him!  Nippy, mobile, small, etc.  I'd like somebody who can head it, too, that's why I like Ings/Austin; they can do the mobile and the direct, muscular stuff.  Not saying Vietto wouldn't be up to it though!   I also think the heading ability is an asset when defending corners, Carroll was top at that.

Don't compare him to Borini for feck sake, I'm kinda hoping he's something special!
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #20415: May 31, 2015 03:08:29 pm
      Me too mate!  If we get him in I hope I'm wrong! ;D
      Bier
      Reply #20416: May 31, 2015 03:09:24 pm
      I think Vietto would be an ideal FSG signing. Young, talented, potential. But not there yet. Which is why I wouldn't want him unless we also buy a more established striker. A 5 ft 8 21 year old striker with 12 goals in La Liga this season is very unlikely to set the PL on fire next season, he'll need some time. We can't rely on him leading our forward line. And I don't think we're going to get anywhere with so many young players in our attack. He's probably going to be very good in 2-3 years though. But with Sturridge's injury problems we also need a striker we can depend on next season already.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20417: May 31, 2015 03:15:37 pm
      Just seen this on FB and I don't know who the person who wrote it is but.....

Liverpool have activated Villarreal CF striker Luciano Vietto's release clause which is rumored to be worth €20m. (@English_AS)

I'd be over the moon for sure with this. But it seems like Vietto wants to go to Atletico.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20418: May 31, 2015 03:29:16 pm
      For those who thought Sterling did a decent job up front, wait till you see Vietto as a #9 for us!!

I agree with Bier, whilst he's a very good player for his age, he will need time to adapt, and when he does, I can see him being a 20+ goal scorer. Also, slightly off, I'm still gutted we didn't even look into Morata last summer :(
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20419: May 31, 2015 03:38:49 pm
      Sunday People/Mirror claiming we're planning a £10.5m bid for Keylor Navas.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-plot-105m-swoop-real-5794168
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #20420: May 31, 2015 03:43:02 pm

He has already publically stated he is staying at Madrid so that's more paper bullshit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20421: May 31, 2015 03:59:29 pm
      I'd be over the moon for sure with this. But it seems like Vietto wants to go to Atletico.

yeah, simeone gave him his debut in Argentina and vietto sees him as a father figure so i wouldn't get too excited
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #20422: Jun 01, 2015 01:14:33 am

Paying more for a back up keeper than we did for our first choice. Sounds like what we'd do.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #20423: Jun 01, 2015 02:31:05 am
      we've landed a 30 mil bid for Joao Moutinho

Quick Reply