Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210549 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25783: Jun 28, 2016 12:37:14 pm
      Not the brightest mate true... but right in this instance though eh... think youz finished 6th that season.

Try to be nicer to guests on your forum guys.. it was a genuine comment.

Try to be more respectful to the forum and club you're guesting on and you might get a better welcome.

Why are you lurking round here anyway, nothing happening darn sarf?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25784: Jun 28, 2016 12:54:05 pm
      Wouldnt it be cheaper to just pay for the Southampton Scouting system ?

That's been said about a million times.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25785: Jun 28, 2016 01:40:28 pm
      We're shaping up nicely for the coming season now with the new recruits and there's only 10 more sleeps till the first pre season game, where hopefully we'll get to see some of the new guys play.

We're still waiting for at least one more CM to arrive in either Zielinski or Dahoud and another LB, most likely Chilwell or Robertson then I guess it's down to who leaves.

Apart from those positions mentioned above where, if anywhere, would you spend if we had any spare cash left over?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25786: Jun 28, 2016 01:45:25 pm
      Just on the transfer front

Its the same every year some happy some moaning. People expecting us to sign the best in the world without champions league and others slating players before they've even had a pic taken with the shirt on. Thats life.

My take on it this year is I don't give a sh*te who we sign. I wouldn't have signed any Leicester player before last season kicked off look what they done. I wouldn't have given Iceland Northern Ireland Ireland a hope of making the last 16 with their squads let alone make a fist of it and 1 even make the last 8. They done so because of a very good set up. Well organised and good spirit.

This is Klopps first pre season. Have faith that he will get players HE wants for HIS system and have faith that he will build a very well organised unit that can achieve things under him. It might not be who you want or like well get over it. It may cost a lot more then you would pay or not enough, get over it. Lets just wait and see how were looking when Klopps had his pre season and take it from there
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #25787: Jun 28, 2016 01:49:17 pm
      We're shaping up nicely for the coming season now with the new recruits and there's only 10 more sleeps till the first pre season game, where hopefully we'll get to see some of the new guys play.

We're still waiting for at least one more CM to arrive in either Zielinski or Dahoud and another LB, most likely Chilwell or Robertson then I guess it's down to who leaves.

Apart from those positions mentioned above where, if anywhere, would you spend if we had any spare cash left over?

I think we still need another CB debs to replace Toure as cover.

We are linked with Subotic which would be a decent signing.

I'm far from convinced Zielinski is good enough but hope to be proven wrong if we sign him.

Would much prefer us to go all out for Dahoud he is the Alonso replacement we have needed since Xabi left.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25788: Jun 28, 2016 02:02:08 pm
      I think we still need another CB debs to replace Toure as cover.

We are linked with Subotic which would be a decent signing.

I'm far from convinced Zielinski is good enough but hope to be proven wrong if we sign him.

Would much prefer us to go all out for Dahoud he is the Alonso replacement we have needed since Xabi left.

Zielinski seems nailed on mate and I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that Dahoud could happen with some decent outgoings raising the required funds.

I agree that we possibly need another CB as we only have 3 seniors and Sakho could still get a ban leaving us with just 2.  Maybe he sees Lucas as that back up and a lot will depend on how Jürgen views the youngsters available and if they step up during pre season.  We've still got question marks over Gomez recovery, Ilori is still around and he's not even worked with Lloyd Jones yet.  That's 3 talented lads before we start on those still at the academy.

Don't think it'll be Subotic though mate, he's been blighted by injuries and the PL isn't the most forgiving to injury prone players but I do think CB is the most likely place we'll see us spending after the others arrive.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25789: Jun 28, 2016 02:43:46 pm
      Zielinski seems nailed on mate and I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that Dahoud could happen with some decent outgoings raising the required funds.

I agree that we possibly need another CB as we only have 3 seniors and Sakho could still get a ban leaving us with just 2.  Maybe he sees Lucas as that back up and a lot will depend on how Jürgen views the youngsters available and if they step up during pre season.  We've still got question marks over Gomez recovery, Ilori is still around and he's not even worked with Lloyd Jones yet.  That's 3 talented lads before we start on those still at the academy.

Don't think it'll be Subotic though mate, he's been blighted by injuries and the PL isn't the most forgiving to injury prone players but I do think CB is the most likely place we'll see us spending after the others arrive.

To me there seems to be a few question marks surrounding our centre mids.

Henderson - still not recovered from his foot injury.
      Milner - never in a million years should he be part of a 2 man central midfield.
      Lucas - seems to be a situational player under Klopp.
      Allen - looks to be on his way out.
      Grujic - he's going to need a bit of time to make the step up.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25790: Jun 28, 2016 03:39:49 pm
      To me there seems to be a few question marks surrounding our centre mids.

Henderson - still not recovered from his foot injury.
      Milner - never in a million years should he be part of a 2 man central midfield.
      Lucas - seems to be a situational player under Klopp.
      Allen - looks to be on his way out.
      Grujic - he's going to need a bit of time to make the step up.

I agree mate. 

Ages ago I said that I wanted our major signing to be that 2nd CM spot and on the face of things it seems that it's now gone to our wide right attacker.  Not that I'm unhappy with Mané, far from it, as he's exactly what we needed to for that position.

I'm not convinced either that Grujic or Zielinski is that player right now and is why I'm hoping upon hope that it's Dahoud, as I believe he would be an immense signing and exactly what we need.  Again I'm not unhappy with either Grujic or Zielinski as they've been scouted and been on Jurgens teams radar for quite some time, so both seem to be highly rated.

Hendo, if he's fully over his heel problem, will do a job there and let's face it we've not seen him play fully fit in that role for Jürgen, so who knows he may well fill that void but I'm still not convinced he's best suited to playing in a MF 2.

Milner is an absolute no no there but again can do a job if needed and Lucas really isn't a CM and playing alongside Can just doesn't work.

We'll definitely get another CM, Zielinski should be done soon as Poland are knocked out of the Euros and maybe Dahoud will arrive slightly later in the window if and when we've sold a few players.  Plenty of reliable journos have said we're still interested and there hasn't been any "hands off" reports from Gladback, it's just a case of offering the right money to get him.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25791: Jun 28, 2016 03:53:31 pm
      I agree mate. 

Ages ago I said that I wanted our major signing to be that 2nd CM spot and on the face of things it seems that it's now gone to our wide right attacker.  Not that I'm unhappy with Mané, far from it, as he's exactly what we needed to for that position.

I'm not convinced either that Grujic or Zielinski is that player right now and is why I'm hoping upon hope that it's Dahoud, as I believe he would be an immense signing and exactly what we need.  Again I'm not unhappy with either Grujic or Zielinski as they've been scouted and been on Jurgens teams radar for quite some time, so both seem to be highly rated.

Hendo, if he's fully over his heel problem, will do a job there and let's face it we've not seen him play fully fit in that role for Jürgen, so who knows he may well fill that void but I'm still not convinced he's best suited to playing in a MF 2.

Milner is an absolute no no there but again can do a job if needed and Lucas really isn't a CM and playing alongside Can just doesn't work.

We'll definitely get another CM, Zielinski should be done soon as Poland are knocked out of the Euros and maybe Dahoud will arrive slightly later in the window if and when we've sold a few players.  Plenty of reliable journos have said we're still interested and there hasn't been any "hands off" reports from Gladback, it's just a case of offering the right money to get him.

Like the sound of this Debs. I wonder if people think:

Mane
      Karius
      Matip
      Grujic
      Zielinski
      Dahoud
      Chillwell/Robertson
      Ings
      Gomez

Would be enough to turn around our fortunes. I know some may question the last two but for me they're like new signings, neither has played a minute for Jürgen and I think both have big futures ahead for us. I would be happy with the positions we've targeted if the above is our business for this summer. Granted they're not household names but i'd have high hopes for Karius, Dahoud, Ings, Gomez, Mane and Matip to all make a lot of first team appearances between them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25792: Jun 28, 2016 04:36:24 pm

Mane
      Karius
      Matip
      Grujic
      Zielinski
      Dahoud
      Chillwell/Robertson
      Ings
      Gomez

Would be enough to turn around our fortunes. I know some may question the last two but for me they're like new signings, neither has played a minute for Jürgen and I think both have big futures ahead for us. I would be happy with the positions we've targeted if the above is our business for this summer. Granted they're not household names but i'd have high hopes for Karius, Dahoud, Ings, Gomez, Mane and Matip to all make a lot of first team appearances between them.

You know what Luke, and I know I have a tendency to get overly excited about our prospects, I believe that just Karius, Matip and Mané along with a "normal" number of injuries to the rest of the squad is enough for us to improve to the CL places next season. 

With Dahoud in too I'm confident of a title challenge.

I actually don't care if they're not household names, they just seem to "fit" what we've been missing in those positions.  For as much as I always look at the positives of every signing, the last 6 or 7 summers it's been more in hope than expectation that they'll improve us but this summer is different, I'm actually confident that they'll all come in and improve what we've had previously.

I haven't been this excited about a new season since 2004 and the arrival of Rafa with his Spanish Armada  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25793: Jun 28, 2016 04:53:03 pm
      You know what Luke, and I know I have a tendency to get overly excited about our prospects, I believe that just Karius, Matip and Mané along with a "normal" number of injuries to the rest of the squad is enough for us to improve to the CL places next season. 

I actually don't care if they're not household names, they just seem to "fit" what we've been missing in those positions.  For as much as I always look at the positives of every signing, the last 6 or 7 summers it's been more in hope than expectation that they'll improve us but this summer is different, I'm actually confident that they'll all come in and improve what we've had previously.

I haven't been this excited about a new season since 2004 and the arrival of Rafa with his Spanish Armada  ;D

Good to hear Debs and for the most part I agree with you. The targeted approach of our transfers is such a refreshing change, if we manage to get a LB and another CM player in then without accounting for outgoings I think we've addressed the areas we've all been banging on about.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25794: Jun 28, 2016 04:55:22 pm
      Good to hear Debs and for the most part I agree with you. The targeted approach of our transfers is such a refreshing change, if we manage to get a LB and another CM player in then without accounting for outgoings I think we've addressed the areas we've all been banging on about.

Agreed mate.  It's so nice to see joined up thinking in our recruitment again.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25795: Jun 28, 2016 05:01:05 pm

Debs,

In listening to what is being said about him and the rumor that Klopp thought it best he play a full year week in/week out at Gladbach so he could progress what makes you think he is a player to push us in to a title challenge this season?

I don't doubt the talent, but if the gaffer want's him getting more playtime than I have assume Jürgen (at this point) does not see him as a starter right now.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25796: Jun 28, 2016 05:15:03 pm
      Debs,

In listening to what is being said about him and the rumor that Klopp thought it best he play a full year week in/week out at Gladbach so he could progress what makes you think he is a player to push us in to a title challenge this season?

I don't doubt the talent, but if the gaffer want's him getting more playtime than I have assume Jürgen (at this point) does not see him as a starter right now.

I'm seeing it as smoke and mirrors mate because I don't get the idea of leaving a player where he is to develop when we need him now, when there's no guarantee we'll get him next season if he continues on his current trajectory and when reliable journos are still saying we're monitoring the situation, despite Jürgen saying we'll leave him till next summer.

He's also exactly what we need in terms of how and where he plays so why wait another season and probably end up paying near double what we could get him for now? 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25797: Jun 28, 2016 05:18:34 pm

I was really under the impression that while extremely talented with a high ceiling he was also very very raw at 20 and would not be considered an impact type player right now.

Maybe I'm wrong; they already have him priced in the £20-25 million range from what I have heard imo he is not going to jump into the £40 million range at Gladbach.

The manager knows the player, supposedly the manager/club have talked to Gladbach and are OK with the terms/price, and the player want's to come so I guess we will see.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25798: Jun 28, 2016 05:18:51 pm

Mane
      Karius
      Matip
      Grujic
      Zielinski
      Dahoud
      Chillwell/Robertson
      Ings
      Gomez

Karius and Mane are first team ready and I think will grow into top class players with us (I'm almost sure of Karius will become a top GK in the EPL for some reason). Matip will be a great addition to the squad and I think should challenge Sakho and Lovren easily for those spots. Grujic, Zielinski, and Chilwell/Robertson I don't think can be counted on to make any significant differences, but hopefully can surprise a few and make differences when called upon with lots of room to grow.

Ings and Gomez I think will certainly be like new signings as long as they can come back where they left off. Especially Gomez who looked impenetrable before the injury (I think he can be a great #6 to be honest as well) so I'm actually very excited to see his return and hopeful that Klopp sees him as someone who can make a difference.

The big contingency here is whether we can sign Dahoud, or any other true first team ready CM (preferably a #6 or a #8) that can come in and make a big difference in a partnership with Emre Can. That's our current weak point where we really have had a huge gap since we lost Stevie. And I think Dahoud or someone similar would make a massive difference in our side and bring some box-to-box grit that Hendo and Milner just don't provide well enough.

I personally think we need a true #6 more than anything else still, just because I do not see Emre being disciplined or tactically intelligent enough to make a great defensive midfielder, but his versatility is still extremely valuable and I think he's got good potential in a 2 DM system. Just my opinion and I would encourage those who think otherwise to watch William Carvalho, Danilo Pereiera, Sergio Busquets, Sami Khedira, Daniele De Rossi, and others play that role. But I'm aware that won't happen regardless.

The thing that will make the biggest difference and what will really turn around our fortunes will be having Jürgen Klopp with half a season and a preseason under his belt and working with players that he himself brought in and can be molded in his vision. That will be significant for us and should be like a brand new breath of fresh air for us once again. I think if we bring those players (Dahoud included) in and with Klopp's time under his belt, we should be able to make a significant challenge for the top spot.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25799: Jun 28, 2016 05:25:49 pm

Mane
      Karius
      Matip
      Grujic
      Zielinski
      Dahoud
      Chillwell/Robertson
      Ings
      Gomez

The white elephant in the room is seeing what will happen with Mama...if for some reason UEFA suspends him for any period of time that is going to automatically push Matip into starters spot. Sahko (suspension) Gomez (coming off major injury) Lucas (size/experience) leaves a big fat question mark which will probably see us bringing in another experienced CB for cover.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #25800: Jun 28, 2016 05:28:14 pm
      The white elephant in the room is seeing what will happen with Mama...if for some reason UEFA suspends him for any period of time that is going to automatically push Matip into starters spot. Sahko (suspension) Gomez (coming off major injury) Lucas (size/experience) leaves a big fat question mark which will probably see us bringing in another experienced CB for cover.

Matip is already going to be a starter I'm pretty sure. So that leaves Lovren or Sakho for the bench.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25801: Jun 28, 2016 05:29:49 pm
      I was really under the impression that while extremely talented with a high ceiling he was also very very raw at 20 and would not be considered an impact type player right now.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Think Kante mate but better.

This is his season review on his wiki page.  Does that sound like a player too raw to make an impact?  He's a tenacious little f**ker, never stops running, reads the game brilliantly, is wonderfully skillful with both feet, totally fearless and the type you'd want to swat like a pesky wasp.

Following the sacking of Favre early in the 2015-16 Bundesliga season, Dahoud saw his game time increase with Die Fohlen, establishing himself as a key figure in new manager André Schubert's midfield.  He scored his first goal for the club on 23 September 2015 in Schubert's debut game in charge, netting Gladbach's fourth goal in a 4-2 win over FC Augsburg. 

The week prior to Favre's departure, Dahoud made his Champions League debut against Sevilla from the bench before making his full debut against Man City under Schubert later in the month.  The immediate impact made by Dahoud in his new starting berth was recognized by the supporters who voted him as the Fans' Player of the Month for September. 

In October, he received a standing ovation from the Eintracht Frankfurt supporters after delivering an all-conquering performance against their side, scoring once and setting up another two in a 5-1 win.

The following year, on Valentine's Day, Dahoud netted the match winning goal in the Rhine Derby against Köln.

At the conclusion of the season, Dahoud had made 32 league appearances, scoring 5 goals and assisting 9 as Gladbach ended fourth in the Bundesliga, thereby qualifying for the 2016-17 UEFA Champions League qualifiers.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #25802: Jun 28, 2016 05:32:58 pm
      Dahoud played the same amount of Bundesliga and CL games alongside his better known partner Xhaka but with more goals and assists, which is fair enough as Xhaka played more of a DM role and Dahoud the box to box playmaker role.

His defensive numbers are equally impressive.

I would suggest any 20 year old who is playing at CL level is ready to oust the likes of Henderson for a midfield slot.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25803: Jun 28, 2016 05:34:14 pm
      Matip is already going to be a starter I'm pretty sure. So that leaves Lovren or Sakho for the bench.

Unless of course Mama has UEFA issues (which he very well might). which then leaves a pretty big ?? for the #3 corner.

Hopefully we will know shortly what is going on and even more hopefully it is a non-event as Lovren,Matip & Mama (along with Gomez/Lucas) should give us plenty of options at CB.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25804: Jun 28, 2016 05:43:38 pm
      Dahoud played the same amount of Bundesliga and CL games alongside his better known partner Xhaka but with more goals and assists, which is fair enough as Xhaka played more of a DM role and Dahoud the box to box playmaker role.

His defensive numbers are equally impressive.

I would suggest any 20 year old who is playing at CL level is ready to oust the likes of Henderson for a midfield slot.

Precisely mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25805: Jun 28, 2016 05:52:48 pm
      Think Kante mate but better.

This is his season review on his wiki page.  Does that sound like a player too raw to make an impact?  He's a tenacious little f**ker, never stops running, reads the game brilliantly, is wonderfully skillful with both feet, totally fearless and the type you'd want to swat like a pesky wasp.

Following the sacking of Favre early in the 2015-16 Bundesliga season, Dahoud saw his game time increase with Die Fohlen, establishing himself as a key figure in new manager André Schubert's midfield.  He scored his first goal for the club on 23 September 2015 in Schubert's debut game in charge, netting Gladbach's fourth goal in a 4-2 win over FC Augsburg. 

The week prior to Favre's departure, Dahoud made his Champions League debut against Sevilla from the bench before making his full debut against Man City under Schubert later in the month.  The immediate impact made by Dahoud in his new starting berth was recognized by the supporters who voted him as the Fans' Player of the Month for September. 

In October, he received a standing ovation from the Eintracht Frankfurt supporters after delivering an all-conquering performance against their side, scoring once and setting up another two in a 5-1 win.

The following year, on Valentine's Day, Dahoud netted the match winning goal in the Rhine Derby against Köln.

At the conclusion of the season, Dahoud had made 32 league appearances, scoring 5 goals and assisting 9 as Gladbach ended fourth in the Bundesliga, thereby qualifying for the 2016-17 UEFA Champions League qualifiers.

Well Deb's if the club/manager by all accounts have a good relationship with the player/players club and this does not happen questions should then be asked.

Quick Reply