Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208383 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27324: Aug 24, 2016 03:45:15 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27325: Aug 24, 2016 03:55:04 pm
      More sh*te from the same news stable as the Daily Star.
      It probably is, but in one way I hope there is an air  of truth about it. It would send there massage that LFC are willing and able to compete with the likes of Man Utd,City, Chelsea Bayern,Arsenal, Barca etc... and it would show real ambition on our part t attack top talent and big name players
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #27326: Aug 24, 2016 04:05:07 pm
      Matuidi to Juventus for just €30m.

One of the best DM's in the world goes for that price.

Hurts the soul.  :mad:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27327: Aug 24, 2016 04:11:40 pm
      Reds enquire about Madrid's James Rodriguez

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/232998-reds-enquire-about-madrid-s-james-rodriguez

:roll: How much have we spent this summer?... Even if we wanted him, (don't rate him that high myself) I would thing that with a spend of £600k we could afford him

Google James Rodriguez and he is apparently joining Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus.

I'm better he will still be at Madrid by the end of the month.

"Yeah but Klopp doesn't buy proven players/his wages are too high/he's too old etc, etc"

Would of loved to have signed him!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #27328: Aug 24, 2016 04:25:46 pm
      Google James Rodriguez and he is apparently joining Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus.

I'm better he will still be at Madrid by the end of the month.

"Yeah but Klopp doesn't buy proven players/his wages are too high/he's too old etc, etc"

Would of loved to have signed him!

Damn shame. I rate Matuidi about as valuable as Pogba in a team setup. Thankfully he didn't come to the PL at least.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27329: Aug 24, 2016 04:30:55 pm

With or without Matuidi, they will still have one of the best midfield in world football. Rabiot (or Di Maria) and Verratti will probably be their first choice box-boxers with Krychowiak or Motta sitting. Their midfield is absolutely scary!!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #27330: Aug 24, 2016 04:51:53 pm
      With or without Matuidi, they will still have one of the best midfield in world football. Rabiot (or Di Maria) and Verratti will probably be their first choice box-boxers with Krychowiak or Motta sitting. Their midfield is absolutely scary!!

Watched them the other day against Metz, Krychowiak, Matuidi, and Veratti on their bench. Rabiot and Motta started. While we had Hendo as a starting holding midfielder. Night and day what a good DM does to a team both in terms of creating good possession from deep by dishing it properly to the AM's and guarding that backline.

But I'm trying to be optimistic that Can will give us that regardless when he gets back into the side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27331: Aug 24, 2016 05:37:01 pm
      But I'm trying to be optimistic that Can will give us that regardless when he gets back into the side.

I still can't see what the majority here sees in Can as a DM. It's the basic stuff that a DM does that he doesn't do well. Whilst his physicality and tackling are fine, it's the shifting of the ball, the tracking of players and positional discipline/awareness that frustrates me :(

I'm still waiting for us to sign that player to surpass Lucas, a player that we have needed since his first major injury (11/12 season). It's just not good enough for a club of our stature.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #27332: Aug 24, 2016 05:54:35 pm
      I still can't see what the majority here sees in Can as a DM. It's the basic stuff that a DM does that he doesn't do well. Whilst his physicality and tackling are fine, it's the shifting of the ball, the tracking of players and positional discipline/awareness that frustrates me :(

I'm still waiting for us to sign that player to surpass Lucas, a player that we have needed since his first major injury (11/12 season). It's just not good enough for a club of our stature.

Agree completely as I think we have for years now. A DM is a vastly underrated position by a majority of football fans and even those involved directly in it apparently.

Trying to be optimistic about Can just because it's become increasingly more and more apparent that Klopp doesn't see our weakness in that position as a pressing issue.

Then again, he doesn't see LB as one so I don't know. But I trust him and am sure that it will work out, it's just that if we finish top 4, I will honestly be left thinking that we could've been champions if we had quality in those positions.

I will admit though that I did see much better from Emre yesterday as a DM. Still would prefer him as a box-to-box man I think, but yesterday he did show a lot more discipline and tracking than usual and I think his distribution would be better too if Hendo didn't constantly get in the way of that. Stewart looks the mental, tactical, and finesse side of it though, just lacks the physicality and possibly the necessary quality overall.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27333: Aug 24, 2016 08:22:24 pm
      So typical of us that every one of our rivals is still looking at bringing in more players while our manager and all journalists close to the club are saying we don't need any more, and that the only activity will be on outgoing players.

Hell even teams in the Championship are trying to bring in more players.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27334: Aug 24, 2016 09:34:43 pm
      So typical of us that every one of our rivals is still looking at bringing in more players while our manager and all journalists close to the club are saying we don't need any more, and that the only activity will be on outgoing players.

Hell even teams in the Championship are trying to bring in more players.

Thats not a barometer for anything, a lot of relegation threatened teams will be trying to do everything they can to bring players in in the last minute.

The problem isnt that we aren't scrapping it out with that lot for anything that's left but that we have left it for a good month now without really trying for a left back.

This should all be wrapped up by now, we should indeed have wrapped up our business, but we really look to be a few positions short.

Basically we shouldn't be doing business now, we should be sorted, however we aren't sorted so i find it baffling that we think we are.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27335: Aug 25, 2016 11:59:10 am
      Still cant get my head round this Sakho business.

Smacks of wage cutting again by the owners.

Will leave us short in CB position.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27336: Aug 25, 2016 12:17:55 pm
      Still cant get my head round this Sakho business.

Smacks of wage cutting again by the owners.

Will leave us short in CB position.
      To be fair; I don't think FSG have anything to do with this. Jürgen doesn't fancy the lad (for whatever reason) and sees Lovern and or Matip as a better proposition. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion and it's not the first time Mama has fell foul of a LFC manager.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27337: Aug 25, 2016 12:27:13 pm
      To be fair; I don't think FSG have anything to do with this. Jürgen doesn't fancy the lad (for whatever reason) and sees Lovern and or Matip as a better proposition. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion and it's not the first time Mama has fell foul of a LFC manager.

It just doesn't make sense to me though as doesn't Matip go to the African Cup in January leaving us with 2 CB's providing they stay fit with Lucas as the possible role filler.

Its trimming down unnecessarily to me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #27338: Aug 25, 2016 12:30:37 pm
      It just doesn't make sense to me though as doesn't Matip go to the African Cup in January leaving us with 2 CB's providing they stay fit with Lucas as the possible role filler.

Its trimming down unnecessarily to me.

You make a valid point,Klopp has mentioned we have too many players who are not guaranteed football this season as we will only participate in 60 odd games,so I guess the powers to be (Klopp/FSG/TC) think it's better to let some players go & make a saving on wages.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27339: Aug 25, 2016 01:40:09 pm
      It just doesn't make sense to me
      I get what you're saying SM but (in my humble) it's very clear Jürgen isn't enamoured with the lad and if he's not going to get a game, just like Christian, maybe he's told him that he would be better off away from the team. Whether you or me think that is 'wise' is another debate.

Put it like this: if we got an offer for £18m tonight... it would be accepted (again, in my opinion).

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27340: Aug 25, 2016 01:49:15 pm
      I get what you're saying SM but (in my humble) it's very clear Jürgen isn't enamoured with the lad and if he's not going to get a game, just like Christian, maybe he's told him that he would be better off away from the team. Whether you or me think that is 'wise' is another debate.

Put it like this: if we got an offer for £18m tonight... it would be accepted (again, in my opinion).

Yeah I hear ya mate I just find some of the going ons at the club a bit strange at the moment and its knocking my enthusiasm.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #27341: Aug 25, 2016 01:59:51 pm
      If Jürgen wants rid of Sakho fine, that's his business. But it makes no sense to me why we've waited till the end of the window. More than likely we'll send him out on loan somewhere paying all of his wages.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27342: Aug 25, 2016 03:25:11 pm
      I just find some of the going ons at the club a bit strange at the moment
      I can see where you're coming from mate... a pittance spent on defence; minus 'net' spend and all that but I honestly believe that Jürgen just doesn't want him.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27343: Aug 25, 2016 04:08:04 pm
      I can see where you're coming from mate... a pittance spent on defence; minus 'net' spend and all that but I honestly believe that Jürgen just doesn't want him.

So much so, I think Jürgen believes having nothing is better than having Mama. Be that for playing or team chemistry reasons i'm not too sure.

Probably both, as we found out with Luis you can take some nonsense if the player is good enough.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27344: Aug 25, 2016 07:01:16 pm
      Charlie Taylor, left back from dirty Leeds anyone?

Last year on his contract, supposedly handing in a transfer request. Telegraph and Mirror saying we are in the mix along  with the Smoggies and the Baggies.

23 years old, £7M. Deal or no deal?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-7million-8700875
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #27345: Aug 25, 2016 07:48:52 pm
      Apparently  Skybet cut us to 2/1 to sign Hart after Koemann says  he doesn't want him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27346: Aug 25, 2016 07:59:00 pm

Indeed. No sign of players that Rodgers had earmarked as not good enough getting a new lease of live under Klopp.
      Strange that. It's almost like the manager wasn't the biggest problem we had.

Quick Reply