Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210259 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28336: Mar 02, 2017 10:21:54 am
      We certainly need a bit of energy in our team so it would be only natural we turn to red bull.

But more than likely Fenway will go to Lidl and come back with some red rooster for Emre Can.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28337: Mar 02, 2017 10:34:18 am

"We just couldn't get that one over the line."
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28338: Mar 02, 2017 11:05:37 am
      What about Werner? Been exciting the few times I've watched them has pace to burn and can finish I think he's got 13 this season.

He looks great too, great touch and has been scoring regularly. My favourite Leipzig players from what I've seen are Keita, Forsberg and Werner. The winger Sabitzer (spelling might be wrong) also looks very fast and direct, although a bit raw at times.

The only problem with the sample of RBL matches I've watched so far is that I only seem to catch them on very good days - they've all been wins, with the exception of the match against Bayern, but then again it was an OK game to lose. I'm yet to see those players when things are not going their way, for they tend to score early in games and get a hold of it throughout.

He played Defensive midfield in his first season atRed Bull Salzburg and then box-box/attacking midfielder second season, both of which he had beastly stats.

Which player do you think he is most likely to replace in our first team?

I'm not sure, but I just think it would be great to have a versatile option that can add competition to multiple players in our lineup.

Keita has actually even played wide a few times this season as well if I'm not mistaken. I've read on an article something mentioning the fact Keita scored a certain amount of goals despite being "positioned in front of the CBs" but I believe that can be a bit misleading. I've always seen him partnered with a more defensive minded midfielder, the likes of Diego Demme for example.

For that reason I tend to think of Keita as more of a box to box type of midfielder, who can be very involved in the attack. The reason I think he could be such a big success under Klopp is that he is a very dynamic player, a hard worker with very good technical skills as well.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28339: Mar 02, 2017 11:05:38 am
      "We just couldn't get that one over the line."

They "didn't want to sell one of their best players". "We couldn't get him as we weren't in the Champions League". "He's not for sale now, but his contract runs out in two years and they've indicated they'll sell him NEXT Summer. His release clause is 12 million quid". "There was somebody else in for him who've offered him bigger wages, he's decided to go there" (as we only want players who "genuinely want to play for us" we don't care). "His wife preferred the shopping in one of the cities of the other clubs who were in for him".

One of those I should think. Alternatively, nobody wants him/they're happy to sell him cheap/he wants small wages and we get him, but he turns out to be sh!te anyway.   
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28340: Mar 02, 2017 11:11:20 am
      To be honest this seems a very tricky target. RB Leipzig are more than likely to qualify for Champions League and they have the money to cover offers he might receive from elsewhere. If we do not make it to the UCL, I find it hard to see us attracting this sort of player, as many other big clubs will also probably be interested. That's a shame because he seems such a natural fit.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #28341: Mar 02, 2017 11:52:02 am
      To be honest this seems a very tricky target. RB Leipzig are more than likely to qualify for Champions League and they have the money to cover offers he might receive from elsewhere. If we do not make it to the UCL, I find it hard to see us attracting this sort of player, as many other big clubs will also probably be interested. That's a shame because he seems such a natural fit.

Keep faith. We will make it to Champions League.  :) Doesn't mean we are going to buy the players you mention though. :(
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #28342: Mar 02, 2017 11:56:28 am
      Keep faith. We will make it to Champions League.  :) Doesn't mean we are going to buy the players you mention though. :(

Why would any real fan care whether or not we make CL!? WTF have we won? Nothing. Again! CL should be for the winners, like it used to be, when WINNING was more important than making vast profits!!

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #28343: Mar 02, 2017 12:56:06 pm
      Why would any real fan care whether or not we make CL!? WTF have we won? Nothing. Again! CL should be for the winners, like it used to be, when WINNING was more important than making vast profits!!

I agree. I am old school where 1st is everything. One step at a time. We get top 4 then perhaps win the PL.

But, we need CL to attract better quality players. They may not be the same as mentioned above.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #28344: Mar 02, 2017 01:23:09 pm
      I agree. I am old school where 1st is everything. One step at a time. We get top 4 then perhaps win the PL.

But, we need CL to attract better quality players. They may not be the same as mentioned above.

Simply not true. Ibra and Pogba at Utd will testify to that...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #28345: Mar 02, 2017 01:34:52 pm
      Leipzig dont offer anything like what we can offer in wages.

I guarantee you offer him north of £100K week and he won't even sneeze at CL.

It's always about the money with players!
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2017 01:47:00 pm by HScRed1 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28346: Mar 02, 2017 01:45:18 pm
      Simply not true. Ibra and Pogba at Utd will testify to that...

True, but they are both on at least £200,000 a week, and I think that has a lot to do with it
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28347: Mar 02, 2017 01:47:01 pm
      Leipzig dont offer anything like what we can offer in wages.

I guarantee you offer him £100K week and he won't even sneeze at CL.

It's always about the money with players!

I don't know. No idea how much they're paying their players right now but Red Bull have got lots of money and they're going to the UCL for the first time. They have the financial power to stay there and keep growing. I could see them raising the wages of players like Forsberg and Keita significantly in order to keep them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28348: Mar 02, 2017 01:48:19 pm
      Why would any real fan care whether or not we make CL!?

:sleeping-smiley-011: :sleeping-smiley-011: :sleeping-smiley-011:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #28349: Mar 02, 2017 01:49:32 pm
      I don't know. No idea how much they're paying their players right now but Red Bull have got lots of money and they're going to the UCL for the first time. They have the financial power to stay there and keep growing. I could see them raising the wages of players like Forsberg and Keita significantly in order to keep them.

They have plenty of money but they certainly don't pay big wages at the moment.
      That may change in the future and we could test that out with a lucrative offer to the player.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/rb-leipzig/story/2998567/rb-leipzig-hope-to-end-salary-cap-in-line-with-sporting-development
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #28350: Mar 02, 2017 02:42:00 pm

Why misquote for your own purposes?
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #28351: Mar 02, 2017 03:16:25 pm
      True, but they are both on at least £200,000 a week, and I think that has a lot to do with it

Possibly more like 250k a week.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #28352: Mar 02, 2017 03:24:39 pm

Plus they know Utd will pay what it takes to get their man.

That goes a long way...

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28353: Mar 02, 2017 03:26:12 pm
      No way we can compete with that and I doubt many clubs could
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #28354: Mar 02, 2017 03:36:40 pm

Not saying we could, but we're in the top 10 richest clubs in the world. We could be more competitive with transfers and wages if the owners wanted to. Offering 4K a week to Dele Alli is just one example of a club wanting to spend the absolute minimum. If you want to win stuff, getting players on the cheap isn't the way to do it.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #28355: Mar 02, 2017 03:56:20 pm

We don't need to compete with that and as you rightly say we can't.

It's as simple as giving the manager what he wants and at no time has there been any reports of him wanting to sign that sort of player

Chilwell
      Dahoud
      Brandt
      Zielinski
      Pulisic
      Draxler

Out of all of those Draxler went to PSG for £170k a week. The rest would be no where near that level.

The club are letting him down in a big way and we all sit behind our keyboards wondering he has money to spend why doesn't he splash the cash.
      Well it's obvious he wants to spend but has his hands tied!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28356: Mar 02, 2017 05:18:16 pm

So when we won the Champions League in 2005, do real fans not care about that?

Because as you know, we didn't win the league to qualify, only finished fourth. Real fans don't care about that, right?

Two years later we made it to the final, after finishing third. Same deal there, right?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #28357: Mar 02, 2017 05:47:28 pm
      So when we won the Champions League in 2005, do real fans not care about that?

Because as you know, we didn't win the league to qualify, only finished fourth. Real fans don't care about that, right?

Two years later we made it to the final, after finishing third. Same deal there, right?

I'd take League over CL ANY day of the week, as would the majority of our fans I'd garner...

I also assume you think finishing 4th (if we do) constitutes a successful season?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28358: Mar 02, 2017 06:07:05 pm

I'd take League over CL ANY day of the week, as would the majority of our fans I'd garner...

I also assume you think finishing 4th (if we do) constitutes a successful season?

No. "Successful" for us has to include winning trophies. That's what I want and that has to be the spending, development, planning and goal-setting priority for the owners and manager.

But your words were: "Why would any real fan care whether or not we make CL!? WTF have we won?" (emphasis added)

We're not going to win the league this year. Two months ago many of us, including me, thought we had a true opportunity to do that. That we won't is disappointing for all of us. Hugely, can't sleep, having trouble being happy about other things that I should be happy about - disappointing. But that doesn't mean there is nothing left to play for.

You can argue the idea of expanding the CL to non-champions back whenever it was they started doing that - but it's fact and it was fact in 2005 and the memory of winning that trophy (success) is a great one for most of us. Nothing taints that. I suspect you also took great joy in winning that. Didn't you?

So your thoughts on which trophy is preferred, that is entirely your privilege (and I agree btw, that at this point, winning the league would mean more because of how long it has been), but someone thinking that it is important for us to qualify for Europe doesn't make that person something other than a real fan

In fact there is a good bit of that on here - you're not a "real fan" if you think X or don't think Y, if you're not Scouse, or not from UK or if you're from America or if you really fell in love with the club when you walked into Anfield for the first time in 1998 (that's me) or you want to qualify for Europe for next season or whatever the arbitrary qualifier is. I'm in a country now where there's a huge rise in this "think like THIS or you're somehow not legitimate" kind of mentality and I hate it as much as I hated that kind of peer pressure back in school days. It's great to discuss and debate and even argue about points - but people with differing viewpoints on how the club can get back to where it should be - don't need to be enemies.

Sorry for the long post.

Up the European berth contending Reds.

Quick Reply