Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4321420 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28382: Mar 03, 2017 07:52:19 pm
      I'm really not sure why everyone thinks Can will be sold.

He's a good young player going through a bad spell, like all young players do.
      Granted, he needs to pick up and kick on next season, but those saying he is an automatic sale are wide of the mark imo.

Or more likely, getting things lined up so they'll have something to whinge about when he's not sold.

Completely understand your sentiment, but by the same measure, Markovic didn't get a look in and we desperately could have used his zippiness from time to time...

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28383: Mar 03, 2017 08:18:17 pm
      I'm really not sure why everyone thinks Can will be sold.

He's a good young player going through a bad spell, like all young players do.
      Granted, he needs to pick up and kick on next season, but those saying he is an automatic sale are wide of the mark imo.

Or more likely, getting things lined up so they'll have something to whinge about when he's not sold.

I want him sold because I think he's a total plodder, but I think it could be a few years before he finally does leave. Main reason being 1 half decent, hyped season and his value could treble at any time.

Was thinking about this earlier and I would say a few of the lads who could be moved on will be very tricky to put a valuation on. Moreno, Mignolet, Ings, Sturridge, Markovic with an outside shot of Can could all leave the club IMO.

You could ask 10 different people on here and you would get a variance of about £40m between the top and bottom fee all of them combined would bring to the club IMO.

I mean just Can alone, what is he even worth?

Granted we could also lose Klavan and Lucas but we wont get much for them.

I'm looking forward to the shake up to be honest. I'm relatively optimistic that Klopp has realised he needs to take some drastic measures with the squad for next season. Hope Fenway back him. We shall see.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28384: Mar 04, 2017 04:35:54 pm
      Welbeck as a Jürgen style striker? Works hard, closes down, good player, can score.

Plays today, have a look and consider.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #28385: Mar 04, 2017 04:36:53 pm
      Welbeck as a Jürgen style striker? Works hard, closes down, good player, can score.

Can score - have you seen his goalscoring record?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28386: Mar 04, 2017 04:38:29 pm

Think he's quite similar to Origi and I'd hope Origi can progress past him, but I wont lie in worrying about Origi's form this calendar year. Overall though I'd want better than both.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28387: Mar 04, 2017 04:38:38 pm

Don't need to look, even if he scores a hattrick today, is not a pl striker and never will be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28388: Mar 04, 2017 04:39:15 pm

Like Sturridge, he can't stay fit to play 10 games a season.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #28389: Mar 04, 2017 04:40:12 pm
      Don't need to look, even if he scores a hattrick today, is not a pl striker and never will be.

Exactly. he has scored 52 goals in his whole career. To put that into perspective, Deli Ali has scored 48 and is 7 years younger, and a bit random, but Sergio Ramos has scored 69 in his whole career and just 4 years older, and hes a bloody centre back.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28390: Mar 04, 2017 04:42:55 pm
      Think he's quite similar to Origi and I'd hope Origi can progress past him, but I wont lie in worrying about Origi's form this calendar year. Overall though I'd want better than both.

I just think Klopp needs to trust Origi more and have him play as the #9 regularly. I really believe with Coutinho, Mane and Lallana with him and games, he can really progress and bang in goals.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28391: Mar 04, 2017 04:45:31 pm
      I just think Klopp needs to trust Origi more and have him play as the #9 regularly. I really believe with Coutinho, Mane and Lallana with him and games, he can really progress and bang in goals.

Infuriates me to be honest mate. I think he has a real weapon of a shot but takes forever to get the damn thing off. Also doesn't interplay well enough right now, feel like the mouse on the wheel in his head needs to take a can of redbull and just start making everything he does happen quicker.

If he could do what he does with half the touches then yes he'd begin developing in the right direction add to that stop being such a damn nice guy to the opposition. It's fine when you're getting a snog in the stands to give out a beaming grin but when someone is shoving you off the ball for the fourth or fifth time please for the love of god use that massive frame of yours and bully the f**ker back.

Rant over :D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28392: Mar 04, 2017 07:35:38 pm
      We've already got one sicknote, don't need another ;)
      :lmao:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28393: Mar 04, 2017 08:02:03 pm

What are you smoking? 😉
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28394: Mar 04, 2017 08:31:32 pm

Well I think he kind of reinforced what I was talking about. Got one chance, took it with a very smart finish and despite IMHO not playing in his best position, had a goodish game compared to most of their team. Just to be absolutely clear here I'm not saying for a second that Danny Welbeck would be MY choice as a striker we ought to go for, but he does have a look of a Jürgen type striker to me . He's very mobile, works his socks off and has a goal in him, wouldn't cost the earth in wages or fee and also by now he ought to be approaching his peak.

I've never read or heard one single rumour that we might be about to go for him so it obviously won't happen, I was just thinking out loud. Given his very good goal today today though 'm hardly binning the idea as ridiculous, he is a decent player who could get a lot better, I'm convinced of that at least.   
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #28395: Mar 05, 2017 08:43:16 pm

Are you crazy? As Klopp would say. He is a Manc thru &thru.   :angry-smiley-034:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28396: Mar 05, 2017 10:10:50 pm
      According to Simon Jones of the Daily Mail, Brandt has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for £17m in 2018. Leverkusen are going to try their best to tie him down to another contract and scrap that release clause. I find it hard to believe that he goes into next season without either signing the new contract or signing for another team.

http://www.anfieldhq.com/simon-jones-exclusive-interview-march-2017/
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28397: Mar 05, 2017 10:26:21 pm
      According to Simon Jones of the Daily Mail, Brandt has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for £17m in 2018. Leverkusen are going to try their best to tie him down to another contract and scrap that release clause. I find it hard to believe that he goes into next season without either signing the new contract or signing for another team.

http://www.anfieldhq.com/simon-jones-exclusive-interview-march-2017/

So I guess we will just wait till 2018 when we can sign him cheaper then?  :f_tongueincheek:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28398: Mar 05, 2017 11:13:47 pm
      So I guess we will just wait till 2018 when we can sign him cheaper then?  :f_tongueincheek:

:D

I honestly think he'll sign a new contract with an increased release clause.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28399: Mar 05, 2017 11:20:35 pm
      :D

I honestly think he'll sign a new contract with an increased release clause.

I'm not sure it will happen. They don't look like they'll be in CL next season, maybe not even Europa league.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #28400: Mar 06, 2017 03:10:37 pm
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #28401: Mar 06, 2017 03:53:18 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #28402: Mar 06, 2017 04:09:46 pm

Rehashing of talkaloadofbull.com story and didn't we offer him that same chance to revive his career last year.

F**k him 8)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28403: Mar 06, 2017 04:40:27 pm
      This mean Couts is on the way out?

Why would  it mean that?  Gotze can't even play, he has a metabolic problem that they haven't figured out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28404: Mar 06, 2017 04:41:02 pm

Quick Reply