Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4235763 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28658: Mar 26, 2017 11:39:46 am
      James Rodriguez.

Reports saying Liverpool have already contacted his agent - 65 big ones.

I believe the rumour is in The Mirror.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #28659: Mar 26, 2017 11:42:51 am
      The thing with Aspas is he was doing very well with Celta Vigo before we signed him. I remember when we started getting linked with him so I watched a few of their games and he was putting in some great performances. For some players they're far more suited to one particular league and that seems to be the case with Aspas and the Spanish league.

Apparently he was home sick when he was here and wasn't interested in learning English.

It happens. Look at Navas and Negredo for City they looked amazing in La Liga before moving to England and are very average PL players.

I bet if Aspas came back to play in the PL again he would look just as sh*t as he did with us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #28660: Mar 26, 2017 11:44:24 am
      James Rodriguez.

Pfffft.

Load of bollox mate.

Not a Klopp style player for a start.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28661: Mar 26, 2017 12:18:20 pm
      Apparently he was home sick when he was here and wasn't interested in learning English.

It happens. Look at Navas and Negredo for City they looked amazing in La Liga before moving to England and are very average PL players.

I bet if Aspas came back to play in the PL again he would look just as sh*t as he did with us.

Negredo had an excellent first half of the season with city before getting injured and hasn't been the same player since
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #28662: Mar 26, 2017 03:39:24 pm
      James Rodriguez.

Ha!!!  Got a good laugh out of that one....  We already have a load of #10's....  We could really use a boss #9 though....  Or a LW / CM / CB / LB....  Just can't see spending 65M on strengthening a position we are already strong at....  Nor do I see him being a Klopp type of player....  Nor do I think we will offer him the sort of wages he wants.... 

Quality player though :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28663: Mar 26, 2017 04:52:40 pm
      I don't know abot you guys but there is someone in Spain playing well well - Iago Aspas. We could do worse than him as our forward. ;)

Heard he's boss at corners.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28664: Mar 26, 2017 06:40:03 pm
      On Origi, the biggest thing holding him back is the same thing that will hold back Uniteds over hyped version known as Rashford.

All the things he lacks can be taught, he can grow into his physoque, he can learn to release the ball earlier.

But he isn't a natural goal scorer and that will never change.

He also prefers to run the channels, cut in from the left and shoot.

Lukaku stands between the posts mopping up the goals and the glory.

Origi doesn't have those instincts.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28665: Mar 26, 2017 08:04:48 pm
      On Origi, the biggest thing holding him back is the same thing that will hold back Uniteds over hyped version known as Rashford.

All the things he lacks can be taught, he can grow into his physoque, he can learn to release the ball earlier.

But he isn't a natural goal scorer and that will never change.

He also prefers to run the channels, cut in from the left and shoot.

Lukaku stands between the posts mopping up the goals and the glory.

Origi doesn't have those instincts.

I agree, he hasn't shown much of those goal scoring instincts, but in the right set up, he could require them with experience?

You have to ask yourself why he works the channels, cuts in from left and shoot more often than a striker? Why is he not in the box as often as he should be? Could that be down the coaching and setup of the team or the player? I'd mostly go with the former.

You think Lukaku would settle in Klopp's system, the style of play and still score the same amount he is scoring now and some more? Would we play better with him or a player like Firmino up top?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28666: Mar 26, 2017 09:22:33 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28667: Mar 26, 2017 09:24:17 pm
      I'd love for us to sign James Rodriguez but he doesn't strike me as a Klopp type player. Zidane dropped him because he's lazy.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28668: Mar 29, 2017 02:00:01 am
      Papers are linking us with a move for James Rodriguez, saying that we are willing to spend £43m on him  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Utd are ready to offer £73m and both Bayern and PSG willing to pay around the same mark this seems like a PR stunt by FSG... The old we made a really financial effort  to sign "This Player" but he was unwilling to come, so we signed a great player in Scott Parker(Please feel free to insert your own forth or fifth rated midfield target) instead... I think that this summers signings will be one of false hope and disappointment that will be wrapped up in fancy paper and a pretty bow and presented to the supporters of the club as great signing and deals to take the club onward and upward by the FSG Spin Machine
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28669: Mar 29, 2017 02:06:51 am
      Papers are linking us with a move for James Rodriguez, saying that we are willing to spend £43m on him  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Utd are ready to offer £73m and both Bayern and PSG willing to pay around the same mark this seems like a PR stunt by FSG... The old we made a really financial effort  to sign "This Player" but he was unwilling to come, so we signed a great player in Scott Parker(Please feel free to insert your own forth or fifth rated midfield target) instead... I think that this summers signings will be one of false hope and disappointment that will be wrapped up in fancy paper and a pretty bow and presented to the supporters of the club as great signing and deals to take the club onward and upward by the FSG Spin Machine

Which paper has mentioned £43m?

We won't go for him anyway regardless of how good he is.

Edit: Should have known it'd be something as sh*t as the Daily Star. Why post anything from there? ???
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28670: Mar 29, 2017 01:56:58 pm
      Sorry mate i got the story from the BBC Sports web site... Beside where I live,North London, the only news paper (Not that I buy then with any regularity) that reports stories about Liverpool FC is the Daily Star
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28671: Mar 29, 2017 05:59:40 pm
      There's no dedicated thread for him so I'll just leave this here:

Anfield HQ Retweeted
       Alex Chaffer‏ @AlexChaffer  20m20 minutes ago
      More
       BREAKING: @FunkeSport reporting that Mahmoud Dahoud has agreed to join Borussia Dortmund over Liverpool.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #28672: Mar 29, 2017 06:25:25 pm

Anfield HQ Retweeted
      More
       BREAKING: @FunkeSport reporting that Mahmoud Dahoud has agreed to join Borussia Dortmund over Liverpool.

Laughably the club have got Melissa Reddy to put out a story that we were not interested when it's clear he rejected us for Dortmund.

Pathetic we can't even attract in reality a youngster who has not done much at all yet!

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28673: Mar 29, 2017 06:44:10 pm

Anfield HQ Retweeted
      More

no one saw that coming  :f_tongueincheek:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28674: Mar 29, 2017 06:45:41 pm
      Dortmund seem to be building a very impressive, young team.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28675: Mar 29, 2017 07:03:37 pm
      Laughably the club have got Melissa Reddy to put out a story that we were not interested when it's clear he rejected us for Dortmund.

Pathetic we can't even attract in reality a youngster who has not done much at all yet!

By and large I agree but I'm not fussed anyway. Another unproven, inexperienced kid is the last thing this club needs. How many times do we have to finish outside the top four before FSG realise that?
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #28676: Mar 29, 2017 07:43:55 pm
      By and large I agree but I'm not fussed anyway. Another unproven, inexperienced kid is the last thing this club needs. How many times do we have to finish outside the top four before FSG realise that?

Paul Joyce has reported that we will receive the largest transfer kitty in the clubs history this summer, we'll see I suppose!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.empireofthekop.com/2017/03/29/fsg-to-give-klopp-largest-transfer-kitty-in-clubs-history-in-drastic-move-towards-elite-status/amp/
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #28677: Mar 29, 2017 07:56:24 pm

That sure seems like excellent timing  :f_whistle:

Here I thought Jürgen didn't like to spend tons of money to build a team.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28678: Mar 29, 2017 08:59:25 pm

What's the point if they don't want to come here ?
      Last summer Dembele, Mor and Pulisic now Dahoud they all picked Dortmund over Liverpool.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28679: Mar 29, 2017 09:39:25 pm
      What's the point if they don't want to come here ?
      Last summer Dembele, Mor and Pulisic now Dahoud they all picked Dortmund over Liverpool.

There was an interesting podcast recently on TAW where in speaking to agents many of them recommended the Bundesliga over the big PL teams for they're talented younger players as they could grow and improve without pressure there versus getting fed to the wolves in the PL.

Though Germans are passionate about footy as much as anybody supposedly they are much more patient with the youngsters than those in England.

To the agents and young players 18-22 years old they look it as perhaps a double edged sword.

1. Play for LFC, United, City or Chelsea and get a huge pay-day up front but be expected to hit the ground running and if you flop your career has really no where to go but down.

2. Go play in Germany, develop your game with no real pressure and then if your good enough the payday at say 24-25 years old will be just as big if not even bigger if you move over to the PL as a potenially bigger star with even higher money than they would have gotten at a younger age.

According to that particular podcast and to the agents they spoke to it is a big trend that seems to be getting bigger going forward.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28680: Mar 29, 2017 09:57:31 pm
      There was an interesting podcast recently on TAW where in speaking to agents many of them recommended the Bundesliga over the big PL teams for they're talented younger players as they could grow and improve without pressure there versus getting fed to the wolves in the PL.

Though Germans are passionate about footy as much as anybody supposedly they are much more patient with the youngsters than those in England.

To the agents and young players 18-22 years old they look it as perhaps a double edged sword.

1. Play for LFC, United, City or Chelsea and get a huge pay-day up front but be expected to hit the ground running and if you flop your career has really no where to go but down.

2. Go play in Germany, develop your game with no real pressure and then if your good enough the payday at say 24-25 years old will be just as big if not even bigger if you move over to the PL as a potenially bigger star with even higher money than they would have gotten at a younger age.

According to that particular podcast and to the agents they spoke to it is a big trend that seems to be getting bigger going forward.

It's not just that. Consider the wealth of experienced talent BVB has to offer a younger player to learn from compared to Liverpool who are full of mediocre novices by comparison. Look at our best players and how much European experience do they have? How many times have they been involved in a title chase? A young player can learn a lot more from being in BVB's side and an experienced player has a lot more equal talent around him. Let's be honest, we no longer compete with the likes or Real, Barca, Munich, Chelsea, City, United. We don't even compete with Arsenal or Spurs, Athletico or Milan. We go after targets no other top club in Europe is after then declare we secured our marquee signing for the Summer. That's the FSG way of doing business.

Quick Reply