Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4319809 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28796: Apr 08, 2017 12:11:52 am
      31 goals and 41 assists over 3 seasons whilst not being the most regular of players isn't bad going though.

As in the Swiss left back? IMO he'd be a cracking player to have!
      It's not that flash though either mate for a player who will go for 60m. Di Maria had better stats when he joined the scum and completely flopped.

Whilst James is string technically I don't see him adapting to our style or the pace of the PL.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28797: Apr 08, 2017 12:22:41 am
      It's not that flash though either mate for a player who will go for 60m. Di Maria had better stats when he joined the scum and completely flopped.

Whilst James is string technically I don't see him adapting to our style or the pace of the PL.

Seen a few reports today, mainly from Balague that Madrid will accept £30mill for him.

I'm on the fence, I haven't really seen him play since the World Cup so I'm in no position to say what sort of fee he would justify, if he could benefit us or not. But as far as I will go saying is that for the right price he could be a gamble worth taking but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if we didn't sign him and feel we have bigger priorities than adding another number 10 to the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28798: Apr 08, 2017 12:26:12 am
      Seen a few reports today, mainly from Balague that Madrid will accept £30mill for him.

I'm on the fence, I haven't really seen him play since the World Cup so I'm in no position to say what sort of fee he would justify, if he could benefit us or not. But as far as I will go saying is that for the right price he could be a gamble worth taking but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if we didn't sign him and feel we have bigger priorities than adding another number 10 to the team.

That's BS mate do you think Madrid would ever take such a huge hit, 30M is pure in the sky!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28799: Apr 08, 2017 12:34:45 am

I've seen him a few times for Real and  I like what I see but he's definitely got issues with ZiZi:

http://www.90min.com/posts/4833821-video-real-madrid-star-james-rodriguez-s-foul-mouthed-touchline-rant-at-zinedine-zidane-revealed?a_aid=35527

As for the 'lazy' tag, haven't really seen enough to be sure on that, he's hardly getting games there so it's obviously a training ground thing as much as it is on the pitch I'd guess.

He's a talented lad though and at 25 I'd like to think he'd want to start to get his career back on track.

"Mother f**ker doesn't even play me the entire match" is apparently the translation. Judge for yourselves.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #28800: Apr 08, 2017 12:55:20 am
      31 goals and 41 assists over 3 seasons whilst not being the most regular of players isn't bad going though.

agree. i like firmino alot and origi ( not counting sturidge as i think he will leave in the summer) but james would walk into our starting xi atm imo.

ultimately we need to create some noise to attract top talent. regardless if we think james is overrated or not.  it is humbling to see and a bitter bullet to swallow that most top players dont even bat an eye to our beloved club anymore
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28801: Apr 08, 2017 01:02:06 am
      That's BS mate do you think Madrid would ever take such a huge hit, 30M is pure in the sky!

Calm down lad, I said reports, I know as much as the next guy that doesn't count as reliable for sh*t.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28802: Apr 08, 2017 01:06:29 am
      agree. i like firmino alot and origi ( not counting sturidge as i think he will leave in the summer) but james would walk into our starting xi atm imo.

You have to remember,  he is not a striker, and the more I think about it, the less likely I think he'll walk into our side. He's not an explosive player like Mane, nor is he a worker like Lallana or Firmino, and I'm still holding out for Coutinho to be played in the 3 man midfield/#10 role where I think he could truly become consistent and world class... but saying that, James is a match winner & will score you vital goals.... in the right system!

Anyway, I agree with 7-King Kenny-7, we have bigger priorities and if we had a choice between spunking out 60m on James or a GK, I would choose the latter.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28803: Apr 08, 2017 01:29:01 am
      You have to remember,  he is not a striker, and the more I think about it, the less likely I think he'll walk into our side. He's not an explosive player like Mane, nor is he a worker like Lallana or Firmino, and I'm still holding out for Coutinho to be played in the 3 man midfield/#10 role where I think he could truly become consistent and world class... but saying that, James is a match winner & will score you vital goals.... in the right system!

Anyway, I agree with 7-King Kenny-7, we have bigger priorities and if we had a choice between spunking out 60m on James or a GK, I would choose the latter.

Yep, I'd agree with that mate.

While I think a CM or player with such versatility as James (is there anywhere in the midfield/frontline positions he can't play?) could be crucial for us the main repair job we need to do in the summer is the defence. I like Matip, think he's a fantastic addition but he does seem to miss plenty of games, the same as can be said about Lovren. Klavan is ok and as backup we could be doing much worse but when he's starting as many games as he is then he also becomes an issue.

So the question is how many CBs do we need? If we count Lovren/Matip as a very expensive 1 then really we need 2 to cover the left side and then Klavan/Lucas/Gomez/Can at a push, backing the main 4 up imo.

Would be nice if Jürgen and Sakho could settle their differences but I wouldn't hold my breath, so realistically 2 top quality CBs to fight it out for 1 position and that position being LCB. Absolutely comical considering the money we've spent on that position since Agger was shipped out.

Sakho
      Lovren
      Klavan

and still to be totally comfortable we need 2 more. Then there's the LB situation, sure Milly is ok and as a backup/sub player he'd be an asset. One of those players you can call upon and have confidence in he'll at least put in a shift, the ideal utility man really. Does that mean we need to ship Alberto out and get 2 in, one young one to push the starter or do we just go with Milly as primary backup there? On the other side I've said plenty about Clyne but don't expect him to be shipped out or moved, I do hope Trent pushes his way into the team but for now I see those two as being considered as job done for now.

Finally the keeper, absolutely has to be 1 coming in. If Jürgen isn't switching out Migs by now then as we discussed the other day there has to be a doubt about Karius. All the talk is that he's seen as the long term number one but we can't wait another season while Jürgen tries him and then reverts back to Migs again we should just bite the bullet and ship out Migs for a proper starter and let Karius prove he's better than someone much better than Mignolet. If he is then fantastic, if isn't then at least we've got a proper top keeper between the sticks. Too long that has been our primary weakness and that has to be the number 1 priority to sort.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28804: Apr 08, 2017 01:39:00 am

Yeah mate that's him.

I've seen him a few times for Real and  I like what I see but he's definitely got issues with ZiZi:

http://www.90min.com/posts/4833821-video-real-madrid-star-james-rodriguez-s-foul-mouthed-touchline-rant-at-zinedine-zidane-revealed?a_aid=35527

As for the 'lazy' tag, haven't really seen enough to be sure on that, he's hardly getting games there so it's obviously a training ground thing as much as it is on the pitch I'd guess.

He's a talented lad though and at 25 I'd like to think he'd want to start to get his career back on track.

"Mother f**ker doesn't even play me the entire match" is apparently the translation. Judge for yourselves.

The lazy accusations from Zidane to James Rodriguez go as far back as 14 months ago. There wasn't just an issue with him though, it involved Isco among other first team players. Zidane came out and said something along the lines of it not being a physical problem but more to do with their attitude on the pitch. It seems they are capable of doing what they are asked but simply choose not to do it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28805: Apr 08, 2017 01:41:11 am
      Yeah mate that's him.

The lazy accusations from Zidane to James Rodriguez go as far back as 14 months ago. There wasn't just an issue with him though, it involved Isco among other first team players. Zidane came out and said something along the lines of it not being a physical problem but more to do with their attitude on the pitch. It seems they are capable of doing what they are asked but simply choose not to do it.

Never knew that, cheers.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28806: Apr 08, 2017 02:07:24 am

Agree with that.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #28807: Apr 08, 2017 02:35:08 am
      problem with sakhos issue is that klopp knew before the summer transfer period ended that sakho was a thorn he would get rid of.  at that moment we had lovren matip and klavan. he really shouldve got another cb right away.  his gamble imo did hurt us this year as matip and lovren both had spells in the sidelines.  we never had the opportunity to gel a pair of them together for a period of games and we even resorted to having lucas fill in the gap.

when winter transfer window came around the reason for not buying is because the right target isnt available. we didnt replace mane that would be leaving. nor address our defence

we all know what happened in jan and parts of feb. and now we are here in april holding dearly to a cl spot with mane gone again. lallana gone.  hendo maybe. cou sick and our leaky defense still intact.   

i am biased. i admit it. but i truly think our squad is a top 4 in the league. it is a true shame we are struggling so much. the what ifs are always played.  what if we had found a sakho replacement last summer when he clearly wasnt in klopps plans anymore. what if we had a mane replacement.  what if these players didnt get hurt.     

what if we had actually won that europa final last year. 

it seems that the focus is to get cl and magically things will be better.  i am not so sure.  i think cl helps but lfc still needs to reassess and invest to improve the squad so we are not a one hit wonder like a few years ago when suarez pretty much carried us into the cl

we are all die hard fans of lfc.  hence we spend hours online discussing with each other.  no matter what. we will support this club.  but darn it. we are not stupid. we see ambition issues stemmed by financial restraints that creates a gap of what we fans want for lfc (trophies) and what we are actually getting ( continuous frustration). i truly hope we kick on in the remaining games. get cl and see how klopp can deliver us to victory
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28808: Apr 08, 2017 11:19:50 pm
      I think we'll go for Zaha in the summer
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28809: Apr 08, 2017 11:54:09 pm
      Van Dijk
      Kolasinac
      Keita
      Pulisic
      Brandt
      Lacazette

Add those players to our squad we win the league.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28810: Apr 08, 2017 11:54:32 pm
      I think we'll go for Zaha in the summer

Like F**k we will.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28811: Apr 09, 2017 12:08:41 am
      Van Dijk
      Kolasinac
      Keita
      Pulisic
      Brandt
      Lacazette

Add those players to our squad we win the league.

Pulisic already turned us down two times already..why do people keep bringing him up ?
      Also Brandt is Bayern bound, Lacazette to Atletico and Van Dijk most likely to Chelsea,Keita colapsed on the field not so long ago so that leaves us with a free transfer..at least it fits the bill :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28812: Apr 09, 2017 12:14:32 am
      Pulisic already turned us down two times already..why do people keep bringing him up ?
      Also Brandt is Bayern bound, Lacazette to Atletico and Van Dijk most likely to Chelsea,Keita colapsed on the field not so long ago so that leaves us with a free transfer..at least it fits the bill :D

You fail to remember, Van Dijk plays for our reserve team. He'll get promoted like how Clyne, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert and Mane did.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28813: Apr 09, 2017 12:19:39 am
      You fail to remember, Van Dijk plays for our reserve team. He'll get promoted like how Clyne, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert and Mane did.

Hmm I guess we will see in the summer..those you mentioned were promoted with no interest from other teams..Van Dijk on the other hand looks like he'll be contested by City and Chelsea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28814: Apr 09, 2017 12:24:17 am
      Van Dijk on the other hand looks like he'll be contested by City and Chelsea.

Have to agree with you there, unfortunately. Of all the players we've been linked with/gone after from Saints, he's the one I actually would love us to get. Don't get me wrong, Mane has been boss and one of the signings of the season for the Premier League but with him it was always a case, well for me anyway, his inconsistency made me wonder whether there were better targets/had to be the right price. With Van Dijk though I think we should go all out and pay whatever it takes to get him. Him and Alderweireld are head and shoulders the best 2 CBs in the league IMO and if we are to show we mean serious business this summer and want to truly compete on all fronts, then he is the exact player we need for an incredibly fragile defence.

Now I've said that, if we sign him, knowing our luck he will turn out to be cack  :laugh:
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28815: Apr 09, 2017 12:53:36 am
      Have to agree with you there, unfortunately. Of all the players we've been linked with/gone after from Saints, he's the one I actually would love us to get. Don't get me wrong, Mane has been boss and one of the signings of the season for the Premier League but with him it was always a case, well for me anyway, his inconsistency made me wonder whether there were better targets/had to be the right price. With Van Dijk though I think we should go all out and pay whatever it takes to get him. Him and Alderweireld are head and shoulders the best 2 CBs in the league IMO and if we are to show we mean serious business this summer and want to truly compete on all fronts, then he is the exact player we need for an incredibly fragile defence.

Now I've said that, if we sign him, knowing our luck he will turn out to be cack  :laugh:

Yeah I'd like him too but don't think that Jürgen will splash 50mil on a defender..more likely keep the Lovren/Matip pair and sign 1 or 2 young ones from Germany depending on Klavan's fate.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #28816: Apr 09, 2017 05:18:53 am
      I think Klopp has woken up to the fact that he needs to buy a few proven players this window. The advantage we hold over other teams when it comes to Van Dijk is Sakho and Saints' interest in him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28817: Apr 09, 2017 10:01:51 am
      I'd love to know who Ian Doyle is, he seems to think we're going to spend close to 200m :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #28818: Apr 09, 2017 11:03:40 am
      I'd love to know who Ian Doyle is, he seems to think we're going to spend close to 200m :lmao:

Well if FSG give Klopp a war chest of over 100 million plus the money from the sale of Sturridge, Sakho, Moreno and fringe players to spend then it might not be far off.

Quick Reply