Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204471 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29049: Apr 24, 2017 05:43:30 pm
      We have to look beyond Southampton players..

Lambert,Clyne,Lovren not best examples ;D

Yes but we already have direct debit set up so would be easier on the paperwork  ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29050: Apr 24, 2017 06:18:12 pm
      Yes but we already have direct debit set up so would be easier on the paperwork  ;)

:lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29051: Apr 24, 2017 06:21:25 pm

Brilliant .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29052: Apr 24, 2017 06:25:49 pm

LMAO!

Too F***ing true though!..
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29053: Apr 24, 2017 06:29:18 pm

More like that'll be our transfer budget if we don't finish in the top four.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29054: Apr 24, 2017 07:00:50 pm
      Just read Ben Gibson will most likely leave Boro , anyone here know if he's good and worth the punt?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29055: Apr 24, 2017 07:12:34 pm
      Can we take Southampton to court over Lovren & Clyne?

;D

The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29056: Apr 25, 2017 08:50:04 am
      Just read Ben Gibson will most likely leave Boro , anyone here know if he's good and worth the punt?

this is the kind of thing we have been doing for as long as i can remember - taking not needed punts
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29057: Apr 25, 2017 09:50:50 am
      this is the kind of thing we have been doing for as long as i can remember - taking not needed punts

The transfer expert strikes again...

:roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29058: Apr 25, 2017 11:34:11 am
      Here a few player we won't be signing this summer...

Liverpool will not be signing 23-year-old Bosnia defender Sead Kolasinac and Germany midfielders Max Meyer, 21, and Leon Goretzka, 22, from Schalke - according to the Bundesliga club's sporting director Christian Heidel, who worked with Reds boss Jürgen Klopp at Mainz.

http://www.reviersport.de/350638---schalke-sagt-heidel-klopps-angeblicher-einkaufstour.html
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29059: Apr 25, 2017 02:43:38 pm
      The transfer expert strikes again...

:roll:

Yet he's 100% correct. We need established talent this Summer, not more has-beens or maybes. No more risks, no more chances, no more trying to do things clever and falling flat on our arses, we need to go after quality players and be willing to pay them the wages that will bring them to the club. Look at Zlatan, the very antithesis of FSG's policy, yet should United finish in the top four, it will be largely down to him. FSG's risk-averse strategy has failed us at every opportunity. It's time it was thrown in the bin where it belongs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29060: Apr 25, 2017 02:49:34 pm
      I'd take a punt on Defoe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #29061: Apr 25, 2017 02:51:18 pm

I hate that it's come to that. Be nice if we didn't have to take a punt on someone at all.

We should be buying off the top shelf.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29062: Apr 25, 2017 03:07:45 pm
      Yet he's 100% correct. We need established talent this Summer, not more has-beens or maybes. No more risks, no more chances, no more trying to do things clever and falling flat on our arses, we need to go after quality players and be willing to pay them the wages that will bring them to the club. Look at Zlatan, the very antithesis of FSG's policy, yet should United finish in the top four, it will be largely down to him. FSG's risk-averse strategy has failed us at every opportunity. It's time it was thrown in the bin where it belongs.

No more risks? The entire transfer market is a risk :D. It's ridiculous that you don't understand that.

What makes me laugh about the Zlatan deal is there were SO many people laughing at it saying he'll flop etc. Hindsight is a wonderful thing when judging that deal 9 months later, isn't it?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29063: Apr 25, 2017 03:09:04 pm

If we can't find better than a 34/35 year old Defoe this summer then I give up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29064: Apr 25, 2017 03:26:16 pm
      No more risks? The entire transfer market is a risk :D. It's ridiculous that you don't understand that.

What makes me laugh about the Zlatan deal is there were SO many people laughing at it saying he'll flop etc. Hindsight is a wonderful thing when judging that deal 9 months later, isn't it?

We all thought Di Maria would tear the PL apart, and how we laughed at Chelsea's sideshow bob buy....

Anyway, Left back, Center back, Wide player & Striker are the priorities for me, 4 established players is all I want! I really think we can make do with our midfield for another season, same with keeper position too, especially if Migs has peaked and will be taking his form into next season, i'd actually take that gamble.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29065: Apr 25, 2017 03:27:25 pm

As a squad player maybe.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29066: Apr 25, 2017 03:31:57 pm
      We all thought Di Maria would tear the PL apart, and how we laughed at Chelsea's sideshow bob buy....

Anyway, Left back, Center back, Wide player & Striker are the priorities for me, 4 established players is all I want! I really think we can make do with our midfield for another season, same with keeper position too, especially if Migs has peaked and will be taking his form into next season, i'd actually take that gamble.

Agree except on the midfield part. We need another first-rate midfielder. Can is too erratic, Gini is solid, but not dominant. Lallana is of course very valuable and while Hendo does a job when he's fit, that's not often enough these past two season. We can't just hope he will be back to consistent availability (and even if he is a boss player like Keita would make a big difference for us).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29067: Apr 25, 2017 03:44:56 pm
      Michael Keane from Burnley - are we seriously in for him or is that just paper talk?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29068: Apr 25, 2017 03:49:40 pm
      Surely the real "transfer experts" are those who have, (software package in hand), spent hundreds of millions to build a team of "worth a punts" that has won sweet F**k all. 🤔

The rest of us just offer humble opinion on transfers. Opinion which we hope doesn't offend the delecate sensibilities of gobshites. 😄
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #29069: Apr 25, 2017 03:57:18 pm
      Michael Keane from Burnley - are we seriously in for him or is that just paper talk?

Might be in for him, but if he's moving, he's going to the mancs, he was a young player there!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29070: Apr 25, 2017 04:20:06 pm
      Might be in for him, but if he's moving, he's going to the mancs, he was a young player there!

Yeah, I can't see an ex manc wanting to join us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29071: Apr 25, 2017 04:39:04 pm

With Henderson's injury record in the past 2 seasons and the possibility that Lucas leaves, I think we can do with another midfielder.

Quick Reply