Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204744 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29141: Apr 29, 2017 12:48:13 pm
      May burst domestically but here in the states it's going strong.

Yeah they say domestic is £5B int £3B but eventually int will outstrip domestic
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29142: Apr 29, 2017 02:30:30 pm
      TV revenues saw an increase of 71% from 2016.

Finishing 8th that season still got us [minimum] £124m in TV revenue...

Yea, crazy money, imo is part of the reason the sheen has gone off (somewhat) the CL places, there's so much cash sloshing around that even if not playing in that competition, players can console themselves with buckets of money.  Manure being a case in point.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29143: Apr 29, 2017 02:40:30 pm
      I was hoping this summer John Henry would dig deep and finally buy Southampton...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29144: Apr 29, 2017 02:58:48 pm
      To continue the 'excited or not' trend in posts ... reading the transfer chat, VVD, Sessegnon, John Terry, the new contract for Lovren, there's not a lot to get the old pulse racing.

See reports that Klopp has already started discussions with players ... but no point in banging on about Mats Hummels, or Sanchez, or Aquero, or Kroos, or ____ cause that's just pie in the sky, right.

Not saying we should go out and only sign big names, but what would be wrong with at least one 'marque signing' ? (I reckon the marque signing has been getting a bad rep)  Show intent. An experienced, quality player. One guy. Guaranteed starter. Someone who could lead by example, do it when it counts. Would give the club and the fans a big lift - what's the harm in that?

We've signed two very good players - Mane, Matip, since Klopp got here.  But we need more than two per every 1.6 seasons. So much expectation for the summer. We've definitely progressed under Jürgen, and not only do I NOT think we will have a massive clear out this summer, given the depth don't think we can afford to even if we wanted to. Hoping we can add at least 3 new first team players, one being 'top quality', along with the squad improvement. Reasonable, right :)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29145: Apr 29, 2017 03:59:13 pm
      But again, was Matip bought because he was good or because he was cheap? Look at his injury record, and it's quite lengthy, and you'll see the guy is made of glass. If I can find that with a simple google search, surely our transfer team can, and so why did we go after a player who had a history of missing months here and there from every season? Because he was on a free. We need to stop buying players with poor injury records and start buying players made of iron. We don't necessarily need big names but we do need to stop nipping down to costcutters being the centerpiece of our transfer strategy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29146: Apr 29, 2017 05:51:36 pm
      But again, was Matip bought because he was good or because he was cheap? Look at his injury record, and it's quite lengthy, and you'll see the guy is made of glass. If I can find that with a simple google search, surely our transfer team can, and so why did we go after a player who had a history of missing months here and there from every season? Because he was on a free. We need to stop buying players with poor injury records and start buying players made of iron. We don't necessarily need big names but we do need to stop nipping down to costcutters being the centerpiece of our transfer strategy.

Hardly "made of glass".
      The reasons he missed games include flu and a broken foot, and he has had several muscular injuries, which believe it or not, are common.
      He's come into a very physical league, had a couple of niggles, but generally done OK.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to exaggerate his injury history, but to me it looks no better or worse than a thousand other players, in a physical sport.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29147: Apr 29, 2017 06:00:50 pm
      To continue the 'excited or not' trend in posts ... reading the transfer chat, VVD, Sessegnon, John Terry, the new contract for Lovren, there's not a lot to get the old pulse racing.

John Terry? :D What have I missed?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29148: Apr 29, 2017 06:04:53 pm

Nothing, someone came up with the idea of getting Terry in, and what do you know, it became a "forum fact".
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29149: Apr 29, 2017 06:47:54 pm

Someone from FSG trying to set expectation levels...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29150: Apr 29, 2017 08:41:10 pm
      Hardly "made of glass".
      The reasons he missed games include flu and a broken foot, and he has had several muscular injuries, which believe it or not, are common.
      He's come into a very physical league, had a couple of niggles, but generally done OK.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to exaggerate his injury history, but to me it looks no better or worse than a thousand other players, in a physical sport.

Didn't count flu:

14/15 Tear in the abductor muscle - 3 games missed
      14/15 Bruised foot - 5 games missed
      14/15 Fracture foot - 6 games missed
      14/15 Thigh muscle rupture - 1 game missed

He missed fifteen games last season. He's missed ten games this season. That's twenty five games in the last two years. You can't have a first choice center back who misses those sorts of numbers.

Info is here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joel-matip/verletzungen/spieler/82105

Nothing exaggerated by me, it's all in the public domain.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2017 11:39:00 am by 5timesacharm »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29151: Apr 29, 2017 08:47:26 pm
      Didn't count flu:

He missed fifteen games last season. He's missed ten games this season. That's twenty five games in the last two years. You can't have a first choice center back who misses those sorts of numbers.

Info is here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joel-matip/verletzungen/spieler/82105

Interesting post mate, knew he'd had his problems, but bit of an eye opener when listed in black and white.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29152: Apr 30, 2017 05:45:34 pm
      Honestly think the new contract for Lovren puts to an end the rumour of signing VanDijk. There was NEVER any chance of us paying £50 million for a player, not a chance in hell under these guys.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29153: Apr 30, 2017 06:21:07 pm
      Didn't count flu:

If you're saying he's "made of glass" then IMO you're exaggerating.

Get back to me when he has the injury record of Sturridge.

I see you're also being highly selective if not disingenuous about how you are presenting this, saying it's "25 days over 2 years" when in fact that actually over 3 seasons.

But you carry on, I'll know from now on just to scroll past.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29154: Apr 30, 2017 07:20:54 pm
      Honestly think the new contract for Lovren puts to an end the rumour of signing VanDijk. There was NEVER any chance of us paying £50 million for a player, not a chance in hell under these guys.

So you don't think we'll sign a centre back? Not sure that the two go hand in hand. We'll definitely be in the market for a better centre back than Lovren.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29155: Apr 30, 2017 07:31:01 pm
      So you don't think we'll sign a centre back? Not sure that the two go hand in hand. We'll definitely be in the market for a better centre back than Lovren.

No doubt we'll sign one, but more than likely it'll be one that isn't being sought after by a host of clubs like VD.
      Another rough diamond like Matip would be risky imo, we need a VD type of player,
      a CB that has speed, is dominant in the air, good positional sense, and more importantly awareness which our current defenders seen to lack.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29156: Apr 30, 2017 07:34:11 pm
      No doubt we'll sign one, but more than likely it'll be one that isn't being sought after by a host of clubs like VD.
      Another rough diamond like Matip would be risky imo, we need a VD type of player,
      a CB that has speed, is dominant in the air, good positional sense, and more importantly awareness which our current defenders seen to lack.

Van dijk isn't the finished article by any means, has a few errors in him as well, seen him have some absolute shockers is he better than what we have, yes he is but not massively,  still has a lot to learn
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #29157: Apr 30, 2017 08:04:02 pm
      Van dijk isn't the finished article by any means, has a few errors in him as well, seen him have some absolute shockers is he better than what we have, yes he is but not massively,  still has a lot to learn

He will be 26 in a couple of months and still has a lot to learn?

In that case might as well look elsewhere.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29158: Apr 30, 2017 08:57:41 pm

When did he have absolute shockers? Honest question as I don't watch Southampton often enough. He's looked pretty good when I saw him.

Mind you, every player makes mistakes once in a while, even absolute world class talents like Sergio Ramos.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #29159: Apr 30, 2017 11:45:22 pm

I'll hold you to that.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #29160: Apr 30, 2017 11:46:44 pm
      When did he have absolute shockers? Honest question as I don't watch Southampton often enough. He's looked pretty good when I saw him.

Mind you, every player makes mistakes once in a while, even absolute world class talents like Sergio Ramos.

Always thought he was over rated personally.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #29161: May 01, 2017 12:13:41 am

Agree 100%
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #29162: May 01, 2017 12:32:44 am

1 World Cup
      2 European championships
      3 La Ligas
      2 Spanish Cups
      2 Spanish Super Cups
      2 Champions Leagues
      2 European Super Cups
      2 FIFA Club World Cups

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #29163: May 01, 2017 04:15:37 am
      1 World Cup
      2 European championships
      3 La Ligas
      2 Spanish Cups
      2 Spanish Super Cups
      2 Champions Leagues
      2 European Super Cups
      2 FIFA Club World Cups

He won all those on his own!

Just because I believe he's overrated (not sh*t) overrated, does obviously not stop him from winning cups in good teams.
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2017 06:40:27 am by Beerbelly »

Quick Reply