Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200815 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29486: May 22, 2017 09:15:02 pm
      Why buy a quality back up when we should really be going out and signing a quality starter. That makes our squad stronger, surely? He shouldn't be starting for us next season if we are serious about contending. Our attack would look a lot more fluid with a left footed full back rather than somebody who has to toss and turn before putting in a cross too.

Because everyone around the club says the boss loves this Sessegnon kid and want's to groom him behind Milner. The fact is that the mangers loves James Milner and want's him there on the pitch and probably the only place where he can fit his is in at LB.

To be fair I think the manager is looking out 2 years and seeing two young backs in Sessegnon/TAA starting for him and is building towards that.

Might be the right way or the wrong way but there is little doubt the value the gafffer sees in Milner and in the end it's his choice.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29487: May 22, 2017 09:20:36 pm
      Because everyone around the club says the boss loves this Sessegnon kid and want's to groom him behind Milner. The fact is that the mangers loves James Milner and want's him there on the pitch and probably the only place where he can fit his is in at LB.

To be fair I think the manager is looking out 2 years and seeing two young backs in Sessegnon/TAA starting for him and is building towards that.

Might be the right way or the wrong way but there is little doubt the value the gafffer sees in Milner and in the end it's his choice.

Everyone around the club? Like who? I'm not arguing that he really wants to sign Sessegnon but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing backup to Milner. There's some that think Klopp wants to sign 2 left backs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #29488: May 22, 2017 09:37:16 pm
      Is there any substance to this Keita deal? For those who have watched him what do people make of him?

Absolute monster in midfield who can play in multiple positions, DM, CM and as an attacking Mid.

Hugely atheletic who can press and run all day perfect Klopp midfielder.

Think of him as a more skilful Kante.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29489: May 22, 2017 09:55:21 pm
      Is there any substance to this Keita deal? For those who have watched him what do people make of him?

Seen him 7 or 8 times this season and he's been impressive in every one. Box-to-box midfielder who like a tackle and is relatively creative for a player I'd describe has better defensive attributes than he does attacking. Decent shot, technically good and can beat a man.

He's a little slight, so the transition may take a while but if we go off Kante as a comparison then he may take it in his stride. I could see him fitting in perfectly alongside Can as a midfield 2 with Coutinho ahead of them. He brings enough energy and solidity to offer protection and enough creativity that he would be an asset going forward.

In a time when I think true box-to-box players are few and far between I think he's a genuine one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29490: May 22, 2017 10:01:39 pm
      Seen him 7 or 8 times this season and he's been impressive in every one. Box-to-box midfielder who like a tackle and is relatively creative for a player I'd describe has better defensive attributes than he does attacking. Decent shot, technically good and can beat a man.

He's a little slight, so the transition may take a while but if we go off Kante as a comparison then he may take it in his stride. I could see him fitting in perfectly alongside Can as a midfield 2 with Coutinho ahead of them. He brings enough energy and solidity to offer protection and enough creativity that he would be an asset going forward.

In a time when I think true box-to-box players are few and far between I think he's a genuine one.

Sounds good. Almost too good for us to actually buy him. I half expect him to go to Dortmund after we only offered 5 million for him! But don't worry - Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows have suggested Lee Cattermole so it won't be any loss at all!
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #29491: May 22, 2017 10:06:31 pm
      I see a lot of people mention we need a midfielder, but I wonder, is there a need for one?

If we want to improve, then we should be looking to sell Lucas and Stewart and replace them with 1 new player capable of slotting straight into the starting 11.  If the end result is that one of Hendo, Can, Gini, or Lallana gets relegated to the bench then we will be better because of it. 

A new CM probably shouldn't be our first priority, but it should probably be about 5th priority behind LW / ST / LB / CB. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29492: May 22, 2017 10:26:14 pm
      Everyone around the club? Like who? I'm not arguing that he really wants to sign Sessegnon but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing backup to Milner. There's some that think Klopp wants to sign 2 left backs.

Barrett, Reddy & Pearce have all reported that that is Klopps preference if it can happen.

Take it as you will.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29493: May 22, 2017 10:56:52 pm
      Barrett, Reddy & Pearce have all reported that that is Klopps preference if it can happen.

Take it as you will.

But they've also reported that he wants to sign 2 left backs which means Milner wouldn't play there.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #29494: May 22, 2017 11:05:38 pm
      I hope the reports are right and we do sign 2 left backs.

I'm of the mind that Milner flips sides and we have Clyne and Milner competing at RB.  TAA, from what I gather, is lauded for his flexibility and can deputize at DM for the possibly departing Stewart.  This could in theory get the most out of all involved.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29495: May 22, 2017 11:09:25 pm
      But they've also reported that he wants to sign 2 left backs which means Milner wouldn't play there.

Have not read that, just going off what they were saying the past couple of weeks on the podcast....I suppose we will see sooner rather than later.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #29496: May 22, 2017 11:40:00 pm
      Bascombe saying we are looking at "numerous" world class strikers
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29497: May 22, 2017 11:40:47 pm

Watching El Classico then?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29498: May 22, 2017 11:54:21 pm

From which decade? The 90's?

World class strikers these days cost a pretty penny and I'm not sure how many of them will want to join because of our wage philosophy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #29499: May 23, 2017 12:41:30 am
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #29500: May 23, 2017 08:01:23 am
      Think we should really go after Dolberg regarding that world class striker rumours. Start Firmino as striker against the big teams and let Dolberg play the against the smaller teams. Feel we need a type of striker like him against smaller teams. After one or two years he will be ready to be our full time striker.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29501: May 23, 2017 09:23:11 am
      Think we should really go after Dolberg regarding that world class striker rumours. Start Firmino as striker against the big teams and let Dolberg play the against the smaller teams. Feel we need a type of striker like him against smaller teams. After one or two years he will be ready to be our full time striker.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dolberg world class

what ever next
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29502: May 23, 2017 09:26:46 am

the world world class will not be the case in terms of what striker we try to buy and what striker we end up with.

There not many world class strikers around, plenty of good ones, a good few unproven at the highest level ones and loads of good potential - but lets not mess up the word 'world class'
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #29503: May 23, 2017 09:37:48 am
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dolberg world class

what ever next

I've never said that. Did you even read what I've said?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #29504: May 23, 2017 11:38:32 am

Who?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #29505: May 23, 2017 11:46:10 am
      I've never said that. Did you even read what I've said?

No you literally did say it:

Think we should really go after Dolberg regarding that world class striker rumours.

I'm not sure how else it is supposed to be taken?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #29506: May 23, 2017 12:22:52 pm

Kasper Dolberg. He's just had a breakthrough season at Ajax, scoring 16 goals in 29 Eredivisie games, and 6 in 12 Europe League games.
      At 19 he's only just broken through into the first team this year but has impressed since joining Ajax as a youth. Can't say I've ever seen him play but he is getting rave reviews (although as the article below states, so did Nicklas Bendtner...). He's described as a tall, powerfully built (even at 19) striker with decent turn of pace and a good shot. Has been scouted by most of the top English clubs apparantly, including City.

Guardian ran a piece on him yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/23/focused-kasper-dolberg-bears-fruit-dennis-bergkamp-connection-ajax-europa-league

If you want to watch him live tune in on Wednesday night for the EL final and hopefully we'll see him put a few into the Scum net. ;)

NelisLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #29507: May 23, 2017 12:31:08 pm
      No you literally did say it:

I'm not sure how else it is supposed to be taken?

Maybe I've should have been more clear, my bad. What I was trying to say is that I feel like we don't need to sign someone who is is classed as world class straight away. But that we should get Dolberg, let him play versus smaller teams where we have most of the posession. I feel like we missed someone like him who is good in the buildup but also has quality finishing. Those strikers are very rare and I don't see one like that available right now.

I'll try to make myself more clear next time but I thought I've explained myself in the second part of that post. But we will see, I've been slammed before on here regarding Wijnaldum last summer so I'm used to it. Hope it's clear now what I was trying to say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #29508: May 23, 2017 12:46:14 pm
      Some something on the twatter about  Iker Casillas on a free?

Any takers?

Quick Reply