Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199247 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30659: Jun 29, 2017 11:20:22 pm
      Why would he link up with Balotelli?
      forgot Balotelli is at Nice now.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #30660: Jun 29, 2017 11:30:44 pm
      Havertz is one of them we've been linked with.

Henrichs is the other player, full back who has started for Germany tonight.

Goretzka.  Highly rated, young, 1 year left on current contract, plays for a smaller club.  Seems to check all our boxes!! 😎
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #30661: Jun 29, 2017 11:45:34 pm
      Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool and Milan all by the age of 26.

F***ing crazy!

Barca, Real and Bayern next. Fabio Borini: footballing legend.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #30662: Jun 30, 2017 12:01:16 am
      Goretzka.  Highly rated, young, 1 year left on current contract, plays for a smaller club.  Seems to check all our boxes!! 😎

Going to Bayern next year from what I've read.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30663: Jun 30, 2017 12:11:03 am
      Paul Joyce seems to think we're ready to make a club record offer for Keita.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30664: Jun 30, 2017 12:22:22 am
      Paul Joyce seems to think we're ready to make a club record offer for Keita.

Don't think £40m is going to cut it though do you? :D

Now if it is anywhere near the reported £70m it will certainly test their attitude as Keita has a £42m or something release clause that comes in next season, so is he really worth £28m for just this season, that would be a tough question to ask.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30665: Jun 30, 2017 12:25:06 am

Now if it is anywhere near the reported £70m it will certainly test their attitude as Keita has a £42m or something release clause that comes in next season, so is he really worth £28m for just this season, that would be a tough question to ask.

It's either pay up now or we won't get him. So many teams will want him next summer and they'll offer bigger wages than we will.

I see us offering around 45m or so, it gets rejected (they tell us he's not for sale) and we give up.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #30666: Jun 30, 2017 12:35:52 am
      Going to Bayern next year from what I've read.

Read that too, but surely we can twist his ear.  Here he would have an easier path to  the starting 11, get a pay raise 1 year earlier, get to play Prem and CL footie, and get to work with one of the best German managers in football.  Surely he would at least consider us....

I guess that lad Keita will suffice, but in a summer where value for money is hard to find, Goretzka seems like a real gem....
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017 12:42:23 am by harrydunn08 »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30667: Jun 30, 2017 12:38:17 am
      It's either pay up now or we won't get him. So many teams will want him next summer and they'll offer bigger wages than we will.

I see us offering around 45m or so, it gets rejected (they tell us he's not for sale) and we give up.

Yeah I can't see us getting him next season either because I suspect he'll have another season like his last and everyone will be sniffing around.

If we go in anywhere around that level (£45m) we'll be laughed at....

I'd say we're going to go closer to £55m and even that wont be given a second glance. I think to really test their resolve it has to be around £65m - £70m
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30668: Jun 30, 2017 12:39:55 am

Tough one. That said if we hung it out till next year I just feel that other clubs would swamp us so for me it's either this transfer window or never.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30669: Jun 30, 2017 12:40:32 am
      Read that too, but surely we can twist his ear.  Here he would have an easier path to  the starting 11, get a pay raise 1 year earlier, get to play Prem and CL footie, and get to work with one of the best German managers in football.  Surely he would at least consider us....

But what if he values the Bundesliga over the Premier League? He'll have a far easier route to CL footie with Bayern than we will competing against the other 4 or 5 teams.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30670: Jun 30, 2017 12:43:20 am
      Tough one. That said if we hung it out till next year I just feel that other clubs would swamp us so for me it's either this transfer window or never.

Ah... Think the phrasing of my statement was a little obscure by your response.

I meant '£28m to them', would they really choose to hold on to him knowing they're probably going to lose £28m just to play him for one year.

Understand how that could easily be flipped around to us but as you say paying that £28m extra from our point of view gets us a player we'll potentially and most probably lose next season if he isn't bought now so by waiting we really aren't 'saving' anything where Leipzig most certainly are almost guaranteed to lose that amount.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30671: Jun 30, 2017 12:46:37 am
      Yeah I can't see us getting him next season either because I suspect he'll have another season like his last and everyone will be sniffing around.

If we go in anywhere around that level (£45m) we'll be laughed at....

I'd say we're going to go closer to £55m and even that wont be given a second glance. I think to really test their resolve it has to be around £65m - £70m

I fully agree. Let's not waste our time and especially not their time. Straight off the bat we'll have to offer considerably more than the release clause that comes into play next year for the sale to be worthwhile in their eyes.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #30672: Jun 30, 2017 12:47:36 am
      But what if he values the Bundesliga over the Premier League? He'll have a far easier route to CL footie with Bayern than we will competing against the other 4 or 5 teams.

He may be a bench warmer there.  Vidal, Thiago, Kimmich, Sanchez, and Tolisso....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30673: Jun 30, 2017 01:01:10 am
      Ah... Think the phrasing of my statement was a little obscure by your response.

I meant '£28m to them', would they really choose to hold on to him knowing they're probably going to lose £28m just to play him for one year.

Understand how that could easily be flipped around to us but as you say paying that £28m extra from our point of view gets us a player we'll potentially and most probably lose next season if he isn't bought now so by waiting we really aren't 'saving' anything where Leipzig most certainly are almost guaranteed to lose that amount.

I actually thought that's what you meant which brought about my response of: "It's either pay up now or we won't get him" :D.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30674: Jun 30, 2017 01:11:59 am
      I fully agree. Let's not waste our time and especially not their time. Straight off the bat we'll have to offer considerably more than the release clause that comes into play next year for the sale to be worthwhile in their eyes.

Would make a refreshing change wouldn't it, don't think any of us will be holding our breath on this one though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #30675: Jun 30, 2017 01:41:10 am
      I just don't believe we will offer more than £50m for any player. They will then laugh at us and we will be on to option "B". Which I assume will be someone that's not exciting at all but will have to "develop" under Jürgen.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1081 
      Reply #30676: Jun 30, 2017 01:43:12 am
      Do any of u think an Andy Robertson move makes us better or would u rather ride it out with Milner at LB? I have been hearing Klopp really like h so I was wondering your thoughts on a player like him in the all important transfer window.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30677: Jun 30, 2017 01:43:14 am
      Would make a refreshing change wouldn't it, don't think any of us will be holding our breath on this one though.

I certainly won't be.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1081 
      Reply #30678: Jun 30, 2017 01:46:49 am
      Who are ya REALISTIC striker targets that u think we can sign?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #30679: Jun 30, 2017 01:50:38 am

Came here to post this, seems everyone is already on the same page!!

I wouldn't be surprised if the bid was  a bag of Walkers and a bunch written IOU's spelling out the words 'we tried' 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #30680: Jun 30, 2017 01:52:33 am

Supposedly we would only buy Mbappe and if not him we won't buy anyone. Take that with an asteroid size grain of salt.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30681: Jun 30, 2017 02:03:07 am

I think Lacazette is the obvious one. After that then I'd say with PSG having £62m accepted on Aubameyang then Dortmund have clearly signalled they're willing to sell and Klopp, you'd imagine, would have quite the pull on that deal.

Although we've already signalled ourselves out of that 'race'. Mertens, while not exactly a striker is another that could fit into our style of play very well indeed. Other than that, the only striker that is potentially moving that I'd be looking at is Aguero and that's where it becomes unrealistic as I couldn't see City selling him to us, nor could I see us paying his wages.

Quick Reply