Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208237 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31119: Jul 19, 2017 04:50:14 pm
      Just me what is point be in champion league if not buying best players out their, give me win in league cup or fa cup love us win cup next season even if we fhish 5 or 6 in league look like we never going buy best players so what point be in top 4

Some might call that a defeatist mind set and plenty would say it is a realistic assessment.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31120: Jul 19, 2017 05:22:32 pm
      Just me what is point be in champion league if not buying best players out their, give me win in league cup or fa cup love us win cup next season even if we fhish 5 or 6 in league look like we never going buy best players so what point be in top 4

Speaking of things that have no point....
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31121: Jul 19, 2017 07:11:42 pm
      Ridiculous logic.

We haven't been a regular top 4 side in a decade.

We need to be a regular top 4 side before we are in any position to buy the best players out there.

So we let Man City, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea buy the best players ? and Spurs if they stay in the CL

We are the 9th richest club in the World we should always be trying to buy the best, regardless of the CL, We should spend what we can on the best possible players

With your logic we will forever be yo yoing in and out off CL 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31122: Jul 19, 2017 08:21:19 pm
      So we let Man City, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea buy the best players ? and Spurs if they stay in the CL

We are the 9th richest club in the World we should always be trying to buy the best, regardless of the CL, We should spend what we can on the best possible players

With your logic we will forever be yo yoing in and out off CL 

Doesn't the selling club have to want to erm sell??
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31123: Jul 20, 2017 05:37:22 am
      Doesn't the selling club have to want to erm sell??

I think you will find no club wants to sell their best players !

You have to make an offer they find cant turn down, you need to tap up the player (not get caught) and sell the benefits of LFC.

Look at the last 10 players Man City, Chelsea. Man U, Barcelona or Real have bought see how many of the selling clubs really wanted to sell.

Did we want to sell Suarez, did Everton want to sell Lukaku - No

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #31124: Jul 20, 2017 06:20:55 am

you're asking "what's the point being in the champions league if we don't have the best players in the world" right? that makes no sense, do you need the best players in the world to win the champions league?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #31125: Jul 20, 2017 08:13:35 am
      you're asking "what's the point being in the champions league if we don't have the best players in the world" right? that makes no sense, do you need the best players in the world to win the champions league?

Of course you do, I mean what would Benitez have done without Cisse or Biscan?

You need to wake up mate!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31126: Jul 20, 2017 12:18:44 pm
      I think you will find no club wants to sell their best players !

You have to make an offer they find cant turn down, you need to tap up the player (not get caught) and sell the benefits of LFC.

Look at the last 10 players Man City, Chelsea. Man U, Barcelona or Real have bought see how many of the selling clubs really wanted to sell.

Did we want to sell Suarez, did Everton want to sell Lukaku - No

Well actually yes we did want to sell Suarez as that was the deal we made with him for him not going to Arsenal, if we absolutely didn't want to sell Suarez then we would not have sold Suarez, much like Red Bull obviously don't want to sell Keita for any price or are you suggesting we offer £100 million for him or something, or how about £200 million, lets shake that magic money tree a bit more perhaps, F**k me its a good thing some of you guys aren't in business!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31127: Jul 20, 2017 01:01:33 pm
      Well actually yes we did want to sell Suarez as that was the deal we made with him for him not going to Arsenal, if we absolutely didn't want to sell Suarez then we would not have sold Suarez, much like Red Bull obviously don't want to sell Keita for any price or are you suggesting we offer £100 million for him or something, or how about £200 million, lets shake that magic money tree a bit more perhaps, f**k me its a good thing some of you guys aren't in business!
      If anyone concerned with this club wanted to sell our best player, one of the best players in the world, they are not fit to have any connection to my club - they should go!

As for the £200 million it is a childish argument
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31128: Jul 20, 2017 02:47:33 pm
      If anyone concerned with this club wanted to sell our best player, one of the best players in the world, they are not fit to have any connection to my club - they should go!

As for the £200 million it is a childish argument

Are you suggesting we should have gone back on the word we gave Luis and refused to sell him?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31129: Jul 20, 2017 03:44:52 pm
      Are you suggesting we should have gone back on the word we gave Luis and refused to sell him?
      Luis believe he has a £40 million buy out cause. We didn't respect his thoughts on that!
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #31130: Jul 20, 2017 03:57:04 pm
      Muller? :lmao:

We've been able to get one deal done and someone thinks we could work out a deal for Muller?

Would Struggle to negotiate a deal on a muller fruit corner that alone a quality player like Thomas
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31131: Jul 20, 2017 05:32:27 pm
      Luis believe he has a £40 million buy out cause. We didn't respect his thoughts on that!

Actually turned out that 40mill was just a clause that the player had to be made aware of the offers from another clubs wasn't it? Not actually a release clause
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31132: Jul 20, 2017 05:45:07 pm
      Actually turned out that 40mill was just a clause that the player had to be made aware of the offers from another clubs wasn't it? Not actually a release clause

You are right! But Luis and his agent (Pep Guardian brother) believed he had a buy out clause.

Pep Guardiola - auto correct can be fun
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017 05:56:50 pm by Eddieo »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31133: Jul 20, 2017 05:55:07 pm
      You are right! But Luis and his agent (Pep Guardian brother) believed he had a buy out clause.

Slightly concerning that an agent didn't know what was actually in the contract.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31134: Jul 20, 2017 06:00:35 pm
      Slightly concerning that an agent didn't know what was actually in the contract.

It is comical

Good for us

If he had been any good at his job Luis would of left for £40 million +1
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #31135: Jul 20, 2017 07:51:47 pm
      I've been about as patient as anyone, but I would really like to see the rest of our business wrapped up in time for new recruits to have 1-2 weeks to settle in before the season kicks off.  I'm very confident that we will have a significantly improved 1st team by the end of the window.  I'm just starting to doubt that we will have much of that business completed in the next 7-10 days....
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31136: Jul 20, 2017 08:09:10 pm
      I've been about as patient as anyone, but I would really like to see the rest of our business wrapped up in time for new recruits to have 1-2 weeks to settle in before the season kicks off.  I'm very confident that we will have a significantly improved 1st team by the end of the window.  I'm just starting to doubt that we will have much of that business completed in the next 7-10 days....

I think we are going to hit an inflection point here in the next 5-7 days where at which point it either gets done on both of them or we will start seeing other names.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31137: Jul 20, 2017 11:52:02 pm
      West Ham have agreed a deal with German club Bayer Leverkusen to sign Mexico striker Javier Hernandez for £16m.

Can believe that we made no attempt to sign him, Ings is a walking sick note same can be said of Sturridge, Origi is firing blanks, Bobby is hit and miss, we all know that we needed a foil especially with the CL ... WTF people!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #31138: Jul 20, 2017 11:57:05 pm
      West Ham have agreed a deal with German club Bayer Leverkusen to sign Mexico striker Javier Hernandez for £16m.

Can believe that we made no attempt to sign him, Ings is a walking sick note same can be said of Sturridge, Origi is firing blanks, Bobby is hit and miss, we all know that we needed a foil especially with the CL ... WTF people!!!

Tbh mentioned him end of last season, but end of day it's down to who Klopp wants here.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #31139: Jul 21, 2017 12:29:19 am
      No Van Dijk.
      No Keita.
      Barcelona bid for Coutinho.

This is going great, isn't it?

Look forward to James Pearce explaining how Liverpool 'had' to accept a bid for Coutinho after spent months telling us Leipzig didn't 'have to sell' Keita.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #31140: Jul 21, 2017 12:38:47 am
      No Van Dijk.
      No Keita.
      Barcelona bid for Coutinho.

This is going great, isn't it?

Look forward to James Pearce explaining how Liverpool 'had' to accept a bid for Coutinho after spent months telling us Leipzig didn't 'have to sell' Keita.

On the bright side we can then bid £150 million for Keita. Let's see them turn that bid down ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31141: Jul 21, 2017 12:43:38 am

My jaw dropped an inch or two when I read that. I saw the headline just moments ago and dismissed it as a 16m offer for ABEL Hernandez. Manc last notwithstanding, he is an excellent striker and West Ham have pulled off something of a coup there!

Quick Reply