Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212132 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31326: Jul 30, 2017 09:26:02 pm

Matip, Mane, Wijnaldum, Can, Firmino  Milner, Clyne, Sako  Lallana Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson Suarez,  Benteke...Good to Superior PL players.

Ings, Lovren, Mignolet, Bellamy, Toure,  Avreage PL players.

The dross was all from 2 windows..where you have the Aspas/Luis Alberto

What you find there is a mixed bag on transfers...one that you would probably find if you broke down every teams transfer records.
      Disagree on Henderson there, I still think he is an average player. Can has a lot of room for improvement till I would put him in the good category. I back Can to improve though, think Hendo is near his peak now. The problem is people like to remember the last 5-10 games. I base my opinions on 1-2 seasons, unless it is players from other teams I don't watch much... I can get away with that though since I am not a transfer committee.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31327: Jul 30, 2017 10:57:15 pm
      So sadly there aren't actually any transfer rumours except the one about our best player leaving for another club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #31328: Jul 30, 2017 11:07:23 pm
      So sadly there aren't actually any transfer rumours except the one about our best player leaving for another club.

VVD should be signing this week!! Only other rumour I know of.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #31329: Jul 31, 2017 12:00:28 am
      Don't worry lads. We've picked up two new signings not discussed in the summer transfer thread..

World Class too...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4744436/Liverpool-news-Daniel-Sturridge-good-two-signings.html

Studge has been absolutely brilliant in pre-season so far,’ said Lallana. ‘He’s looking really sharp and to have him firing on all cylinders would be like having two new signings, if we can keep him on the pitch and get him scoring goals. He is a world-class player.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #31330: Jul 31, 2017 08:16:04 am
      Disagree on Henderson there, I still think he is an average player. Can has a lot of room for improvement till I would put him in the good category. I back Can to improve though, think Hendo is near his peak now. The problem is people like to remember the last 5-10 games. I base my opinions on 1-2 seasons, unless it is players from other teams I don't watch much... I can get away with that though since I am not a transfer committee.

You can't make an opinion when you Base everything on only your own opinion....ffs
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31331: Jul 31, 2017 10:18:24 am

No chance it would mean spending..

Do you mean spending in the same way as they wanted to spend on Keita you muppet!! Time to jump off the FSG Bad bandwagon, its getting bloody tedious!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31332: Jul 31, 2017 10:19:54 am
      You can't make an opinion when you Base everything on only your own opinion....ffs

??? Isn't that what an opinion is, as opposed to a fact?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31333: Jul 31, 2017 10:37:22 am
      VVD should be signing this week!! Only other rumour I know of.

I feel it happens I think that one will go right down to the wire mate.

Don't worry lads. We've picked up two new signings not discussed in the summer transfer thread..

World Class too...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4744436/Liverpool-news-Daniel-Sturridge-good-two-signings.html

It would be a MASSIVE bonus if Studge could keep himself fit and approach something resembling his previous form but experience tells us not to rely on it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #31334: Jul 31, 2017 11:24:39 am

This is some tshirt level quote  :lmao: :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #31335: Jul 31, 2017 01:25:38 pm
      I feel it happens I think that one will go right down to the wire mate.

It would be a MASSIVE bonus if Studge could keep himself fit and approach something resembling his previous form but experience tells us not to rely on it.

That's a perpetual new signing throughout the season, within and outside of the transfer window. So stop complaining about the lack of new signings!  ;) :clap:
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #31336: Jul 31, 2017 10:41:45 pm
      Sign VVD, keep Cou and Can, sell outcasts -- Sakho, Marko, and Moreno -- good window? 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31337: Jul 31, 2017 10:48:01 pm
      Sign VVD, keep Cou and Can, sell outcasts -- Sakho, Marko, and Moreno -- good window? 

Yep, good, not excellent. One more for an excellent window in my opinion.

I thought at the start of it we needed quality over quantity and 3/4 starters would be plenty. Salah is a starter, VvD would be a starter, Robertson I'm still not sold is a starter but we'll see. One more would be plenty and some nice competition coming in elsewhere, taking Origi down a peg was important in my view, Solanke looks like he's already done enough to secure that.

So yeah, if we only got VvD and kept Cou/Can I'd give us a shot at the title and ultimately that's what this next phase is all about. Not sure we'll be quite there, Keita and I'd have been confident, but I do think we'll be much closer than this year and easily in the CL spots.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 10:53:48 pm by KopiteLuke »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31338: Jul 31, 2017 10:55:07 pm

I think if the ins where:

Robertson
      Solanke
      Salah
      VvD

And we got rid of:

Sahko
      Moreno
      Markovic

With no others leaving that would be a B grade window. I think we'd need one more player on top of that to get a B+ and someone real special for an A.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31339: Jul 31, 2017 10:57:12 pm

Ain't going to happen
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #31340: Jul 31, 2017 10:57:57 pm

Imo average to good for the first team but abysmal for the bench..I remember Jürgen complained a lot about the lack of depth but did little to nothing to adress that..at least until now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31341: Jul 31, 2017 11:12:01 pm
      Imo average to good for the first team but abysmal for the bench..I remember Jürgen complained a lot about the lack of depth but did little to nothing to adress that..at least until now.

Let's consider that mate:

GK Swapped Manninger for Ward = Improved

RB Gomez looking sharper, Trent a year older and now looking like the starter. = Improved

CB Worse for sure

LB Brought in Robertson = Improved

CM Worse at the moment due to losing Lucas, however if we signed another LB then Milner will move back this rank, then it's a straight swap Lucas for Milner in the squad, for me that's still worse but not as much.

AM Moved Coutinho into this rank late in the season, so it depends how you rate Salah, to me though AM has massively improved.

Wingers Brought in Salah but lost Coutinho, interesting one this because I actually think we'll improve on both counts as I've always thought Cou would be better from deeper and Salah will be more natural here. (let's say it balances out)

Striker Sturridge meant to be in the best condition he's been since Klopp arrived, Solanke brought in, Ings back in full training, clearly improved a lot in this area.

Which is:
      5 Improved
      2 Worse
      1 Equal

Bringing in VvD would change that to 6/1/1 which would be looking very encouraging for our season in my opinion.

Starting Line-up:

Firmino
                 Mane               Salah
                   Coutinho Lallana
                         Henderson
      Robertson  Van Dijk  Matip  TAA
                            Migs

Bench: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Wijnaldum, Solanke, Sturridge
      Back-up Ward, Milner, Gomez, Klavan, Woodburn, Ings, Origi

That's a strong squad imo, just 1 top quality player from looking exceptional.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31342: Jul 31, 2017 11:20:53 pm
      But Gomez injury now and we team going pick up lot injury way we play think we won't get top 4 next year countinho who knows till transfers window close miss out top 4 next year we going hsvd spent 150 million plus get back again top 4
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31343: Jul 31, 2017 11:23:35 pm
      That's a strong squad imo, just missing Keita from looking exceptional.

:gt-happyup:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31344: Jul 31, 2017 11:28:57 pm

Pretty good psychic abilities you have there mate :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31345: Aug 01, 2017 12:04:24 am
      Let's consider that mate:

GK Swapped Manninger for Ward = Improved

RB Gomez looking sharper, Trent a year older and now looking like the starter. = Improved

CB Worse for sure

LB Brought in Robertson = Improved

CM Worse at the moment due to losing Lucas, however if we signed another LB then Milner will move back this rank, then it's a straight swap Lucas for Milner in the squad, for me that's still worse but not as much.

AM Moved Coutinho into this rank late in the season, so it depends how you rate Salah, to me though AM has massively improved.

Wingers Brought in Salah but lost Coutinho, interesting one this because I actually think we'll improve on both counts as I've always thought Cou would be better from deeper and Salah will be more natural here. (let's say it balances out)

Striker Sturridge meant to be in the best condition he's been since Klopp arrived, Solanke brought in, Ings back in full training, clearly improved a lot in this area.

Which is:
      5 Improved
      2 Worse
      1 Equal

Bringing in VvD would change that to 6/1/1 which would be looking very encouraging for our season in my opinion.

Starting Line-up:

Firmino
                 Mane               Salah
                   Coutinho Lallana
                         Henderson
      Robertson  Van Dijk  Matip  TAA
                            Migs

Bench: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Wijnaldum, Solanke, Sturridge
      Back-up Ward, Milner, Gomez, Klavan, Woodburn, Ings, Origi

That's a strong squad imo, just 1 top quality player from looking exceptional.

Bit confused, why are we worse at CB than last year, who have we lost who played CB for us last season?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31346: Aug 01, 2017 12:11:10 am

Depends what your target is.
      Last season we won nothing, weren't in Europe and had no committments apart from PL from almost Feb on.
      Saying that, can argue a marginal improvement on the previous year due to much better points tally in PL. And I'd probably argue that way.
      But assuming we will have injuries that will impact again (there will always be guys on the table), have we improved BOTH squad depth and quality enough to challenge in multiple competitions. Don't think so.
      This window was built up from way back. We've ignored the xmas windows. Was expecting a LOT more activity.
      Hoping that Studge will play regularly, clutching at straws.  Klopp doesn't even trust him when fit. We not going to freshen up top, apart from signing a kid? (recognised striker that is)
      Hendo has turned injury prone. Keepers have not impressed.
      Keeping Cou is not a signing. Loosing him would be nothing short of a disaster.
      Sakho, Marko, and Moreno didn't play for us last year, and won't next, they're just balance sheet entries.

What is it so far - 3 players in, 4 players out? How does that improve depth. Reckon most people thought we'd be looking to bring in at least 6 or 7.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #31347: Aug 01, 2017 12:11:22 am
      Not for me no. With the money we have and the competitions we are going to be in, we should be buying 3-5 bang on first team starters at a minimum.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #31348: Aug 01, 2017 12:12:22 am
      Bit confused, why are we worse at CB than last year, who have we lost who played CB for us last season?

Well Lovren is already injured. And so is Gomez.

Quick Reply