Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4321903 times
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31372: Aug 01, 2017 12:11:45 pm
      I'm sorry but it's an absolute f**king joke if we settle for two first team signings (Salah and maybe VVD), one squad player (Robertson) and one kid (Solanke) after spending f**k all last year and being told we'd break our transfer fee at least three times and spend 200m+. Not having sh*te like keeping Coutinho and Can being spun as positives either. Of course we should be keeping them!

Every summer we seem to say it's a defining window for FSG. Well if this summer truly is their 'defining' window then they've got one month to sort their sh*te out.

According to Klopp words they don't want to spend just to spend. They want quality instead of quantity. But i have big question here: If Keita and VVD are so good and have so much exotic quality not found anywhere on Earth, WHY other super wealthy clubs don't want them?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31373: Aug 01, 2017 12:13:43 pm
      According to Klopp words they don't want to spend just to spend. They want quality instead of quantity. But i have big question here: If Keita and VVD are so good and have so much exotic quality not found anywhere on Earth, WHY other super wealthy clubs don't want them?

Chelsea and United wanted VVD, and just maybe other clubs actually believed RB weren't going to sell Keita so they didn't bother (which is what we should have done).
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #31374: Aug 01, 2017 12:14:34 pm
      How would you have dealt/negotiated with Leipzig out of interest?

I am furios not because Leipzig don't want to sell, i am furions because there is no Plan B,C etc! They had 2 main goals that failed and now they are just paralyzed!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31375: Aug 01, 2017 12:16:25 pm
      Which team below us has strengthened massively, Arsenal, Everton?? Arsenal have a number of player who are itching to leave.

TAA will be like a new signing this coming season, I expect him to play plenty of games. On the left we have Robertson who together with Milner will massively strengthen the left side of defence. I expect us to get VVD which will bolster our central defence. In midfield we have the addition of Salah, which will make a huge impact, and we have plenty of other players there anyway, ok not all top top class but plenty of very good players as cover. In attack we have added Solanke, maybe not a world class striker yet but showing plenty of potential, and in any case we technically have 5 strikers now which should be adequate cover don't you think.

In summary yes I'd maybe love to see us getting more top class expensive players in, ala Citeh, but I really think Klopp rates the youngsters who are now emerging much higher than you do and if he can fit them into the team then we will become a formidable force at home and in Europe.

Klopp said Solanke was one for the u23's, and he's apparently targeting players like Brandt, Salah, VVD and Keita. That tells me he does think we need to add quality. The question again becomes why do we find ways to sabotage our own self interests and then say "screw it let's just go with what we've got, Klopp can make them stars"?
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #31376: Aug 01, 2017 12:16:37 pm
      Chelsea and United wanted VVD, and just maybe other clubs actually believed RB weren't going to sell Keita so they didn't bother (which is what we should have done).

If you google VVD or Keita everywhere you will see news with ''Liverpool FC'' tag.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31377: Aug 01, 2017 12:18:30 pm
      If you google Naby Keita everywhere you will see news with ''Liverpool FC'' tag.

What's your point? Like I said, we are the only team dumb enough to believe some agent or some Twitter ITK that said RB would sell because everything from the club was consistent that they wouldn't. We wasted almost two months chasing a player that we never had a chance getting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31378: Aug 01, 2017 12:25:36 pm
      What's your point? Like I said, we are the only team dumb enough to believe some agent or some Twitter ITK that said RB would sell because everything from the club was consistent that they wouldn't. We wasted almost two months chasing a player that we never had a chance getting.

And in your view we should have spent that time chasing after pulisic, another player who isn't for sale
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31379: Aug 01, 2017 12:26:11 pm
      Just to be clear here before those who selectively can't read and like to make stuff up go into overdrive, I'm not "throwing my toys out of the pram because we aren't spending 200 million on Messi". Neither am I "panicking like a little bi*ch cos we aren't in for Neymar" or "predicting relegation".

No, I'm saying that anyone thinks the window has been a success if we hold onto Coutinho and get VVD has entirely different aspirations to me. If they think that will help us to seriously challenge on all fronts, then IMHO they are delusional.

It WON'T happen, we WILL sign more players.
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #31380: Aug 01, 2017 12:28:49 pm

It seems to me LFC was over-confident about VVD and Keita from very begining, it was done deal for them and now when it's all collapsed they are standing with pants down. Where is alternatives?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31381: Aug 01, 2017 12:29:23 pm
      The question again becomes why do we find ways to sabotage our own self interests and then say "screw it let's just go with what we've got, Klopp can make them stars"?

The answer seems to be that potential is a cheaper deal than established players.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31382: Aug 01, 2017 12:54:55 pm
      Well Klopp probably doesn't agree with me but I'd target players that can walk into the team at CB, LB, Striker, DM and GK.

How dare Klopp not agree with you, just who the hell does he think he is???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31383: Aug 01, 2017 12:57:58 pm
      I am furios not because Leipzig don't want to sell, i am furions because there is no Plan B,C etc! They had 2 main goals that failed and now they are just paralyzed!

So are you suggesting that they have a budget and should spend it, irrespective of whether Klopp wants the player or not? That is how councils work and also many companies, with for example roadworks or IT projects that nobody needs, but thankfully its not how the club or Klopp operate.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31384: Aug 01, 2017 12:58:44 pm
      Looks like Klopp's talent for developing players is going to be required again this season 😕
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31385: Aug 01, 2017 01:00:36 pm
      So are you suggesting that they have a budget and should spend it, irrespective of whether Klopp wants the player or not? That is how councils work and also many companies, with for example roadworks or IT projects that nobody needs, but thankfully its not how the club or Klopp operate.

Are you suggesting that Klopp is that limited in his vision, that he can only find a couple of players in the world that will improve his team?
      If that's true, he's clearly not the genius I think he is!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31386: Aug 01, 2017 01:04:25 pm
      Looks like Klopp's talent for developing players is going to be required again this season 😕

and this is bad because........ ?
      The very best players Liverpool have had in recent years have been homegrown. I'm thinking here of Carragher, Fowler, Owen and of course Stevie G. If you can nurture a talent like that through the club then you get a truly exceptional player who is not only technically outstanding but are also steeped in the traditions and ethos of the club and will work their bollocks off to achieve success. I'd much rather have that than a team of mercenaries like Citeh.
      A caveat is that you do also need to bring in some established players as well, but the more home grown the better, just think of the Utd team of the late 90's early 00's for example
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31387: Aug 01, 2017 01:06:06 pm
      Are you suggesting that Klopp is that limited in his vision, that he can only find a couple of players in the world that will improve his team?
      If that's true, he's clearly not the genius I think he is!

Evidence would suggest Klopp is that limited, or rather is that targeted in his transfers, either that or for a passionate and temperamental man he is very good at keeping his tongue at what must be unbelievable frustration in the transfer market.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31388: Aug 01, 2017 01:17:54 pm
      Evidence would suggest Klopp is that limited, or rather is that targeted in his transfers, either that or for a passionate and temperamental man he is very good at keeping his tongue at what must be unbelievable frustration in the transfer market.
      We have 2 goalkeepers battling to be standard. I think we should have flogged migs and brought a new goalkeeper. We have Karius and Ward who are just as good and have more time to improve, but we don't have a worthy number one. I think a more established LB was needed... So I understand your point. I think Klopp has an overall good vision, he just is a bit more experimental and patient than he needs to be sometimes, as shown by his too late substitutions. Still best manager I seen with us for a very long time.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2017 01:22:28 pm by Ribapuru »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31389: Aug 01, 2017 01:27:09 pm
      Too many people with too much time on their hands during transfer window.

Most of everything you hear is BS, made up by wee tw*ts on twitter, and big tw*ts who work for papers or sports blogs etc.

We will probably sign another 2 players chaps, and u never know they may be total curveballs that nobody has been talking about, and klopp is quite right not to just spend money for the sake of it, we need to improve the 1st team squad, which means buying players better than we have, we have very good players, so we need very very good players, and these types of players are hard to get.

If we get VVD and 1 more It's been good window, we have only lost Lucas from the 1st team squad who, and we have guys coming back from injuries like Mane, sturridge, gomez & Ings, these guys are like new signings.

I can see roberston nailing down the LB position which frees up Milner to cover all sorts of positions if needed.

The squad is good, and again what klopp says is spot on he has had full season now working with these players, they are all much better than they were before.

#peace + #YNWA
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #31390: Aug 01, 2017 01:45:46 pm
      Don't worry it's only May June July August!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31391: Aug 01, 2017 01:54:29 pm
      And in your view we should have spent that time chasing after pulisic, another player who isn't for sale

Really? Where did I say that? I believe if you read my prior posts my point is that we took Dortmund's word that Pulisic wasn't for sale and immediately gave up, yet we continued to chase Keita even after RB countless times said "NO".

Do I think we should bid for Pulisic? Yes, if we are willing to spend 60m on a player like Keita, why not one like Pulusic who some would say has as much or more potential? But to chase after someone for 2 months when they aren't for sale...silly.

It seems to me LFC was over-confident about VVD and Keita from very begining, it was done deal for them and now when it's all collapsed they are standing with pants down. Where is alternatives?

I agree completely.

How dare Klopp not agree with you, just who the hell does he think he is???

I'd hope Klopp wouldn't agree with me, otherwise I could be the manager and for a lot less money than they are paying Jürgen.

You asked, I answered, not asking anyone to agree with me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31392: Aug 01, 2017 01:58:12 pm

If we get VVD and 1 more It's been good window, we have only lost Lucas from the 1st team squad who, and we have guys coming back from injuries like Mane, sturridge, gomez & Ings, these guys are like new signings.

I wish people would stop parroting this line to somehow justify the lack of spending. Players coming back from injury aren't like new signings. They are like players that you counted on but couldn't use because they were injured and now you wonder how much use you will get out of them before they are injured again (especially in the case of Ings and Sturridge).

So by this logic, are players that get injured like outgoing transfers?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31393: Aug 01, 2017 04:04:34 pm
      I never thought I'd see the day where keeping a player who nobody had mentioned leaving until a week ago was being counted towards a "successful window". It's utterly bizarre.
      I was waiting for this to start. It is bizarre

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31394: Aug 01, 2017 04:16:04 pm
      "I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football" ~ Tom Werner.

Quick Reply