Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199876 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31763: Aug 10, 2017 12:41:08 am
      I remember a Star Trek episode where an opposite Captain Kirk beamed aboard the Enterprise...only he was twice as obnoxious as the first one. Hmm....

opposite  ??? Now you're really confusing me  :f_doh:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31764: Aug 10, 2017 01:18:41 am
      Not gossip like but just seen this lad on twitter.

GIZ!

Anyone know anything about him?

https://youtu.be/Yu1lO-6WXDM
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31765: Aug 10, 2017 10:25:13 am
      Well, with the CL i frankly thought that Liverpool would be speding high in this window.

But reading the names of players people are talking here; let me tell you guys something:
      - when Luan was linked with Liverpool i said it was a bad idea because he's problematic off the pitch; but none of those players linked with Liverpool can tie his boots, are you kidding me? Salah?? OX??

Look, the only problem with Luan is that he needs to be bothered with the game in order to play well.
      Pretty sure Klopp can fix it.

EXAMPLE: in the weaker competition of the year, the State league, he scored only 03 in 12 games.
      But in the hardest competition in South America, the Libertadores, he scored 05 in 05 games so far..
      Its the same thing at any major game, or in the Olimpic nt where he was clearly the best.

Playing Luan as a 10 we'll have another permanent threat in long ranges, and his link up play is amazing.
      https://youtu.be/XZbmRh16Qtc

Because of all the talk about his behavior, he tend to be cheap, probably half the price tag of someone like Salah.
      Just to clarify Luan is not a winger.

In the last game(that video above), the nt coach Tite was in the Maracana warching, and there's a lot of pressure in the media to call Luan to the NT, evem former players like Tostao saying that he's the best player in South America.
      He's not Balotelli level of craziness and is better than those guys linked with Liverpool, united, etc.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #31766: Aug 10, 2017 12:00:49 pm
      I read that the club just turn down the £22 million bid from Juventus for Emre Can.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31767: Aug 10, 2017 12:05:37 pm
      So is there absolutely nothing going on with VVD then, I find this absolutely baffling? Is there really no club out there who want to buy one of the top CB's in the world who just happens to be unsettled at his current club???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31768: Aug 10, 2017 12:14:46 pm
      So is there absolutely nothing going on with VVD then, I find this absolutely baffling? Is there really no club out there who want to buy one of the top CB's in the world who just happens to be unsettled at his current club???

In my opinion the silence is deafening, it's clear he wants us and us only otherwise you would have seen others move for him. There will come a point though that he becomes twitchy if Southampton maintain their stance, but equally so will their new manager, he needs a captain and can't afford £60m of first team asset sitting in the stands, it clearly makes his job that much harder.

There'll be a breaking point before the end of the window, it's just who snaps first imo.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31769: Aug 10, 2017 12:33:47 pm
      In my opinion the silence is deafening, it's clear he wants us and us only otherwise you would have seen others move for him. There will come a point though that he becomes twitchy if Southampton maintain their stance, but equally so will their new manager, he needs a captain and can't afford £60m of first team asset sitting in the stands, it clearly makes his job that much harder.

There'll be a breaking point before the end of the window, it's just who snaps first imo.

yeah there must be talks going on between us and Southampton, anything else would be utter madness. Maybe they just want to let the dust settle a little bit before announcing the transfer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31770: Aug 10, 2017 01:19:13 pm
      So nobody wants Markovic.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #31771: Aug 10, 2017 01:33:23 pm
      A little bit of fantasy stuff - should Rose be in the radar after his "up north" comments? I know he won't be especially after the Robertson signing. A cheeky bid to just rile the Spuds?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31772: Aug 10, 2017 01:52:40 pm

Can you blame them?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31773: Aug 10, 2017 02:19:48 pm

I was hoping for a bidding war for Makovich myself, anywhere north of £50 million would have been acceptable ;-)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31774: Aug 10, 2017 02:25:27 pm

Good player, but absolutely no courage.
      If he could grow a pair of balls, he might make a go of it here, but he's probably destined for a less robust league.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31775: Aug 10, 2017 02:48:33 pm
      A little bit of fantasy stuff - should Rose be in the radar after his "up north" comments? I know he won't be especially after the Robertson signing. A cheeky bid to just rile the Spuds?

Same agent as Kyle Walker I believe, seen his former team mate get a bumper pay day me thinks..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31776: Aug 10, 2017 03:05:00 pm
      Good player, but absolutely no courage.
      If he could grow a pair of balls, he might make a go of it here, but he's probably destined for a less robust league.
      i guess he can play against tranmere rovers in league cup or something.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #31777: Aug 10, 2017 03:23:20 pm
      Same agent as Kyle Walker I believe, seen his former team mate get a bumper pay day me thinks..

Agent is Rose's uncle...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #31778: Aug 10, 2017 03:28:38 pm
      Who cares.....there's been nothing linking us to Rose and no indication that Klopp wants him or him us. He's looking for a payday. The anti-thesis of a Klopp player.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #31779: Aug 10, 2017 03:39:43 pm

Actually Klopp understands if a player wants to earn more (he has said that previously). He doesnt want that to be the driving force. Also, Rose is one 65k now while the likes of Lingard (100k), Walker (130k) earn more.

yes, there is nothing linking us to him. but, I thought I will fulfill your wish. ;)

Man how awesome would it be to have some transfer targets to discuss.....even bogus ones.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #31780: Aug 10, 2017 10:01:40 pm

Rory Smith (NY Times Journalist) made the point on Twitter yesterday that we are potentially becoming seen in South America as a stepping stone to the likes of Barcelona / Real Madrid for young quality South American players ... I'm not sure if I agree with him but I suspect this story is a product of that - ie it's the player and his agent trying to get us to notice him because they figure that if he joins us and does well for us then a move to Barcelona or Madrid a few years later is on the cards
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #31781: Aug 11, 2017 01:34:04 pm
      another terrible summer (so far) of transfer dealings.

Salah as the only first teamer to come in

VVD and Keita being chased for the longest time, yet we are further away now than ever

Courtinho's head been turned and i'm sure a lot of us are bracing ourself for him to leave

no plan B

Lallana injured, Sturry doing a Sturry, Origi still doing an Origi, Moreno apparently knows how to defend now, Lovren doing a lot of talking and showing not a lot and Watford getting ready to Pounce....

we look like a joke from where I am standing, it must look just as bad for the players
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31782: Aug 11, 2017 03:27:30 pm
      Interesting stat, anyone notice the common denominator with these players for what ever reasons.

Coutinho
      Van dilk
      Drinkwater
      Sanchez
      Barkley
      Sigurdsson

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31783: Aug 11, 2017 03:43:22 pm
      Interesting stat, anyone notice the common denominator with these players for what ever reasons.

Coutinho
      Van dilk
      Drinkwater
      Sanchez
      Barkley
      Sigurdsson

All not playing due to 'injury'
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31784: Aug 11, 2017 03:45:24 pm
      All not playing due to 'injury'

And appear to want to leave their respective clubs.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31785: Aug 11, 2017 03:48:51 pm
      And appear to want to leave their respective clubs.
      Yup

Quick Reply