Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200780 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32177: Aug 22, 2017 02:02:37 pm
      But at this rate, we will look back on his era like we do with that under Rafa... Wondering what could have been under different circumstances.
      Agreed, but having won f### all!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32178: Aug 22, 2017 02:18:55 pm
      Really poor window if we had designs on winning a title.

As it is, I don't think we really do have a realistic ambition of silverware.

An early exit from Europe could see us in with a shout of a top 4 finnish (what is the point of that?) but if we go past the group stages (perhaps into the Europa) our squad will be foubd out once again.

Got a great manager in Klopp and it would be nice to see what he could do with a complete squad and a few extra touches of class around the place.

But at this rate, we will look back on his era like we do with that under Rafa... Wondering what could have been under different circumstances.

Look here for a great example of PMA ;-)
      mark_burm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #32179: Aug 22, 2017 02:48:07 pm
      Watched Everton vs Man city last night... Can believe that Calvert-Lewin was not on our radar... the guy has "Real" controlled pace...runs away from defenders, and would give both Salah and Moreno a real foot race, and has a great footballing head on him. Has to be on of the buys of the season at £1.5m. Along with the likes of Gueye, and the young Holgate Everton are looking a real force this season, and with the way that we have been playing I don't fancy our chance against them....
      Not on Coutinho....
      If Barca comes back and offers £130 m and we do not sell, we want shooting...

What is the point in keeping someone who wants away from us, especially if it mean we miss out on targets.(VVD)...?
      If Coutinho had the mind to do it ,He could play well enough to make sure he gets pick for Brazil, and still continue to feign injury to his back so as not to play in the majority of the games, therefore forcing through a deal next season for less money ; and where would that have gotten us...?? Let take the money,F**k him off, and reinvest it

Easy to say it but let's be honest, there would have been an uproar if we sold Coutinho to Barca this summer especially at the 86 million or whatever price they offered. Those guarantees were comical and I'm glad we gave Barca a big f**k off. We will not sell Coutinho for less than that next summer. He probably will go but that will be after a World Cup with Brazil which barring injury he's almost a guaranteed starter. Not to mention if he's reintegrated into our squad which I think we can say will happen, he will be outstanding in that midfield role with Mane, Firmino, and Salah ahead of him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32180: Aug 22, 2017 02:50:25 pm
      midfield role with Mane, Firmino, and Salah ahead of him.

I'm gearing up for his best season in a red shirt.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #32181: Aug 22, 2017 03:02:15 pm
      I predict we will sign three players before the window closes so long as we get past Hoffenheim and into the Champions League draw. Despite my low opinion of our owners I refuse to believe that the club can be stupid enough not to make that level of reinforcements given the challenges that lie ahead. They simply have to.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32182: Aug 22, 2017 03:11:24 pm
      Have you been keeping an eye on how we've handled this transfer window?

Ok, then behave yourself you silly sausage...
      I have but we all live in hope
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32183: Aug 22, 2017 03:33:37 pm

Hopes not selling one of your best players and thinking you can replace and reinvest in 9 days when the evidence of our management of this window has been nothing short of disastrous, sheer stupidity yes, hope not a chance..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #32184: Aug 22, 2017 03:59:27 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32185: Aug 22, 2017 04:12:45 pm

Get it done then, no low balling bollocks/tactics from the owners, just pay what they want and get the player in
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #32186: Aug 22, 2017 04:48:12 pm
      Whilst we are in Schalke, lets look at Goretzka too!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #32187: Aug 22, 2017 04:55:11 pm
      Get it done then, no low balling bollocks/tactics from the owners, just pay what they want and get the player in

You aren't serious right? You don't want to pay for VVD or Keita but all the sudden you call for us to pay what they want? :lmao:
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #32188: Aug 22, 2017 05:00:50 pm

Only €20m? That's a no brainer, in this crazy market that is probably what I cost.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32189: Aug 22, 2017 05:03:42 pm
      I predict we will sign three players before the window closes so long as we get past Hoffenheim and into the Champions League draw. Despite my low opinion of our owners I refuse to believe that the club can be stupid enough not to make that level of reinforcements given the challenges that lie ahead. They simply have to.

I predict we won't sign anyone
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32190: Aug 22, 2017 05:21:33 pm
      If i had a pound for every time i saw the phrase 'it's a no brainer' on here i would be sat on a Caribbean island in my pants with natalie sawyer and kirsty gallacher either side in bikinis fanning me down whilst i drink beer through a straw and eating a large portion of cheesy chips airlifted in by the un whilst the ladies of the Brazilian womens beach volleyball take in turns to suck me off...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32191: Aug 22, 2017 05:33:26 pm
      Wont happen. While were thinking/wondering/contemplating/barganing about a deal Arsenal or utd or someone will just come in and buy him
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #32192: Aug 22, 2017 05:54:38 pm

You are probably right mate I'm just trying to convince myself that they are not completely incompetent at LFC.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #32193: Aug 22, 2017 06:09:29 pm
      Our owners are surely outdoing even the expectations of their biggest critics with their astonishing lack of activity this transfer window. It is actually taking the piss.

Fine, it's a crazy market and yes we bid for Keita, but big clubs get deals done. If one target isn't available, move on to the next.

We waited all last season to get here and now our prospects for this season are on the verge of being seriously damaged by the lack of attention to key areas of the team this summer.

More edging our way into the top four at the last minute doesn't really interest me as an LFC supporter. We have the money. F'ucking spend it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #32194: Aug 22, 2017 06:21:34 pm
      Wenger supposedly has set Sanchez's transfer price to 70m.

Nothing really stopping us then....get it done FSG.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32195: Aug 22, 2017 06:22:18 pm
      Wenger supposedly has set Sanchez's transfer price to 70m.

Nothing really stopping us then....get it done FSG.

70mill for a player that can leave on a free in a years time. Wenger is hopeful.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #32196: Aug 22, 2017 06:28:47 pm
      If i had a pound for every time i saw the phrase 'it's a no brainer' on here i would be sat on a Caribbean island in my pants with natalie sawyer and kirsty gallacher either side in bikinis fanning me down whilst i drink beer through a straw and eating a large portion of cheesy chips airlifted in by the un whilst the ladies of the Brazilian womens beach volleyball take in turns to suck me off...

🤣🤣🤣🤣
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #32197: Aug 22, 2017 06:31:03 pm
      I think I posted at the start of the summer that we need, at the very least, a LB, CB, CM and forward for this season.

We're still some way short of this and will take us to stay clear of injuries to succeed this season if we dont sign anyone else.

Very poor window
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 11:12:34 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #32198: Aug 22, 2017 06:35:07 pm
      I think I posted at the start of the summer that we need, at the very least, a LC, CB, CM and forward for this season.

We're still some way short of this and will take us to stay clear of injuries to succeed this season if we dont sign anyone else.

Very poor window

Wouldn't even call it a window at this point Si...more like a broken down door. :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32199: Aug 22, 2017 06:46:43 pm
      Could you imagine in the last week of the window we signed VVD Keita Seri Howedes and kept Coutinho 😎

Quick Reply