Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214457 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32223: Aug 23, 2017 09:33:51 am
      Just a thought: let us pretend none of this whole Coutinho sh*t had happened, he's never been unsettled and we are all very happy he is here because... well because he is the only real creator in midfield. The others are okay for short-term cover but fall short over a sustained period.

With just a long-term injury away [just like last winter] - should we not really have been looking for and buying another playmaker, irrespective?  :confused-smiley-013:

Yeah I understood the need for a left-back or two, I appreciate the pace Salah brings to the team and I do like the look of Solanke but even if you are a Migs convert; it is hard to argue that our spine really needs shoring up/improving. In a Summer that we were assured 'money is not a problem'; a centre-half, 2 x centre-mids [creative & 'defensive'] and a centre-forward [Lewandowski/Aubameyang type  ;)] were what I, genuinely, expected the big money to be spent.

With only 8 days to go I am still hopeful but even if 'we' can sign players, for those positions - it is, at best, going to be a mad scramble; a mend & make do, see what's left. Not very professional and not what you'd expect of a big club on the verge of a return to Europe's top table.  :-\

** Moan ends...

Too expensive.  :laugh:

Stop talking sense, FSG might hear you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #32224: Aug 23, 2017 09:36:57 am
      Just a thought: let us pretend none of this whole Coutinho sh*t had happened, he's never been unsettled and we are all very happy he is here because... well because he is the only real creator in midfield. The others are okay for short-term cover but fall short over a sustained period.

With just a long-term injury away [just like last winter] - should we not really have been looking for and buying another playmaker, irrespective?  :confused-smiley-013:

Yeah I understood the need for a left-back or two, I appreciate the pace Salah brings to the team and I do like the look of Solanke but even if you are a Migs convert; it is hard to argue against the fact that our spine really needs shoring up/improving. In a Summer that we were assured 'money is not a problem'; a centre-half, 2 x centre-mids [creative & 'defensive'] and a centre-forward [Lewandowski/Aubameyang type  ;)] were what I, genuinely, expected the big money to be spent.

With only 8 days to go I am still hopeful but even if 'we' can sign players, for those positions - it is, at best, going to be a mad scramble; a mend & make do, see what's left. Not very professional and not what you'd expect of a big club on the verge of a return to Europe's top table.  :-\

** Moan ends...

Too expensive.  :laugh:

Agree.

We're way short of the quality additions I thought we would need for this season given CL football, the need to improve to keep up and over take others and the sheer amount of games we face this season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32225: Aug 23, 2017 09:38:07 am
      Whisper it quietly Robie but according to John W, 'they' already know.  :laugh:

"I want to know why we are doing what we are doing on the pitch and with regard to player acquisition. I wouldn’t be doing my job in allocating resources if I wasn’t able to make sense of the individual steps we are taking within the context of our overall philosophy."

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 09:45:59 am by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32226: Aug 23, 2017 09:42:34 am
      We're way short of the quality additions I thought we would need for this season given CL football, the need to improve to keep up and over take others and the sheer amount of games we face this season.

I hear you Si and there's no point (in my mind) trying to put a different spin on it; it's a turd that doesn't warrant polishing. I'd be fooling no one if I pretended otherwise.  :laugh:

Fingers crossed.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #32227: Aug 23, 2017 09:46:16 am

With Lallana injured till December, this is exactly what has happened, isn't it, BBB?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #32228: Aug 23, 2017 09:49:03 am
      I actually dreamt last night that it was confirmed we'd signed Keita for £70M.

That's no use to man nor beast, I know, but nor are the vast majority of posts on this transfer board....
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32229: Aug 23, 2017 11:05:41 am
      What Daz said...in short as Southerners would say over here..."that dog won't don't hunt"

Try again.
      With all due respect, the reason you don't see it is because "  It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma!"
       ;D
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 11:11:39 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #32230: Aug 23, 2017 03:23:44 pm
      With all due respect, the reason you don't see it is because "  It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma!"
       ;D

;D.

This Summer Transfer board has taken so many twists and turns that we are now quoting The movie JFK.  😅.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #32231: Aug 23, 2017 03:29:03 pm
      ;D.

This Summer Transfer board has taken so many twists and turns that we are now quoting The movie JFK.  😅.

Who's going to the board's Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby?
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #32232: Aug 23, 2017 09:32:07 pm
      Who's going to the board's Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby?

All I wanted to be was A Catholic Priest 😅
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32233: Aug 23, 2017 09:39:30 pm
      Qualified for the Champions League proper now.

Surly NOW we make moves.... Right....
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #32234: Aug 23, 2017 09:41:05 pm
      Now can we buy some players please?  :) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #32235: Aug 23, 2017 09:50:05 pm
      Qualified for the Champions League proper now.

Surly NOW we make moves.... Right....
      we have no choice now. Playing kids in League Cup and Europa league is one thing.

But to go into the Champions League with a squad this thin.  Err..Umm No.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32236: Aug 23, 2017 09:52:24 pm
      Could mean a few things. More money into the club to be made available, players now knowing we are a champions league team and more willing to take the plunge... or it could mean nothing and we just crack on as we are.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32237: Aug 23, 2017 10:10:38 pm
      Could mean a few things. More money into the club to be made available, players now knowing we are a champions league team and more willing to take the plunge... or it could mean nothing and we just crack on as we are.

One thing's for sure, you're not going to be wrong there! :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #32238: Aug 23, 2017 10:30:16 pm
      Sad that we seen to be waiting on Champions league qualification to make a move in the transfer market, after being told it was going to be a record breaking summer,  but we're here now so lets do this.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #32239: Aug 23, 2017 10:33:29 pm
      Sad that we seen to be waiting on Champions league qualification to make a move in the transfer market, after being told it was going to be a record breaking summer,  but we're here now so lets do this.

What did Klopp say in the presser after the match...few people saying he made it sound like no more incoming.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32240: Aug 23, 2017 10:34:48 pm

... are FSG going to ask "Lets do what?" as a few million more is assured for the bank account.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32241: Aug 23, 2017 10:35:32 pm
      Klopp has now mentioned in both pre and post match interviews how players are always mentioning Champions League in contract or transfer talks, subtle hint?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #32242: Aug 23, 2017 10:36:38 pm
      Lets get at least a defender now!
      Kopite78
      Reply #32243: Aug 23, 2017 10:38:33 pm

Wouldn't hold your breath

sh*te profile pic too by the way
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #32244: Aug 23, 2017 10:39:13 pm
      What did Klopp say in the presser after the match...few people saying he made it sound like no more incoming.

Didn't hear it, but I would be surprised if at least one more player didn't come in.

... are FSG going to ask "Lets do what?" as a few million more is assured for the bank account.

I would hope Jürgen world answer that question if the duo ask it 😎
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #32245: Aug 23, 2017 10:41:03 pm
      Wouldn't hold your breath

sh*te profile pic too by the way

I never hold my breath when it comes to LFC transfers, not git the last 7 years anyway!
      As for the profile pic, when he comes back and starts playing like he can, all well be forgiven.

Quick Reply