Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320726 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32361: Aug 27, 2017 11:30:07 am
      I think Migs would be a better keeper now and in the past if he had players in front of him who could actually defend.

You could also argue that the defence would be better as a whole if they had a vocal commanding keeper behind them.

Suppose it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other with us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32362: Aug 27, 2017 11:39:20 am
      You could also argue that the defence would be better as a whole if they had a vocal commanding keeper behind them.

Suppose it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other with us.

A hugely valid point. Ive never seen as silent goalkeeper and centre halves in one team.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32363: Aug 27, 2017 11:52:17 am
      I'll say it too. I hate him. He's single handedly cost the club more points than I've ever seen before.

I hate seeing his name on the team sheet because there is always a risk of a game costing mistake.
      I hate seeing crosses going into our box because I know Migs is not going to deal with it
      I hate seeing anyone get a shot on target against us because Migs lets in one in every two
      I hate it every time he kicks a ball because it's a statistically proven 50/50 chance of us loosing possession

I am a fan of Liverpool FC, I am not a fan of Simon Mignolet because he does not make us a top team, he holds us back. I'll never be a fan of his because I simply hate every fibre of his game.

I hate the way it has become so personal these days, i hate the way people say they support the team but don't seem to understand the concept of the word, you don't rate him then fine , i will go with the that but hate, really ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32364: Aug 27, 2017 11:54:48 am
      I hate the way it has become so personal these days, i hate the way people say they support the team but don't seem to understand the concept of the word, you don't rate him then fine , i will go with the that but hate, really ?

It's not personal at all. It's from a professional stance. I hate the way he does his job. I don't hate him as a person, he's probably a nice guy. But as far as supporting the club, any supporter should be wanting him out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32365: Aug 27, 2017 11:57:45 am
      Any particular reasons as to why Mig's been dropped?.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32366: Aug 27, 2017 11:59:06 am
      It's not personal at all. It's from a professional stance. I hate the way he does his job. I don't hate him as a person, he's probably a nice guy. But as far as supporting the club, any supporter should be wanting him out.

If it really is that bad then your beef is with Klopp.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32367: Aug 27, 2017 12:00:47 pm
      If it really is that bad then your beef is with Klopp.

Nope.

I'll choose who my beef is with thanks.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #32368: Aug 27, 2017 12:04:24 pm
      Any particular reasons as to why Mig's been dropped?.

I can't believe it, he finally caught something and he's dropped.

OK, so all he caught is a cold, but the point stands.

None of the above is true, I'm just a  little bored.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32369: Aug 27, 2017 12:06:43 pm
      Let's face it our defence is so good i could play in goal and nobody would notice
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32370: Aug 27, 2017 12:07:58 pm
      I can't believe it, he finally caught something and he's dropped.

OK, so all he caught is a cold, but the point stands.

None of the above is true, I'm just a  little bored.

;D

Strange decision this though with an important game today, what little experience Mig has we could do with it in between the sticks...

I like Karius, but to drop him into such an important game could cost us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32371: Aug 27, 2017 12:19:42 pm
      Nope.

I'll choose who my beef is with thanks.

He picks him, simple as.

And if it's to the detriment of our club like you supposedly say it is, then ultimately your beef should be with Klopp. Then again, if you happen to be a gutless wonder, hedging your hate on Mig's plays up to the gallery better.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #32372: Aug 27, 2017 01:12:04 pm
      Maybe we've had a bid for Migs...........

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32373: Aug 27, 2017 01:13:33 pm
      Maybe we've had a bid for Migs...........

Barca taking the piss ;D

Very odd decision though by the Boss..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #32374: Aug 27, 2017 01:17:18 pm
      Barca taking the piss ;D

Very odd decision though by the Boss..

:lmao:

I'm ok with it Shabs. We all know that Migs isn't good enough.....we just don't know if Karius is any better.

I like brave decisions and for what it's worth I think Migs has been quite erratic in his decision making in every game this season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32375: Aug 27, 2017 01:23:17 pm
      :lmao:

I'm ok with it Shabs. We all know that Migs isn't good enough.....we just don't know if Karius is any better.

I like brave decisions and for what it's worth I think Migs has been quite erratic in his decision making in every game this season.

He has indeed mate but the throw the lad in the deep end considering how the pundits went for him last season leaves Karius wide open to similar criticism for the slightest of mistakes, I hope the kid has a blinder for us today & going forward..

Klopp= balls of steel ;D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32376: Aug 27, 2017 01:36:34 pm
      He picks him, simple as.

And if it's to the detriment of our club like you supposedly say it is, then ultimately your beef should be with Klopp. Then again, if you happen to be a gutless wonder, hedging your hate on Mig's plays up to the gallery better.

He's dropped him once and now it looks like he's about to do it again. I could understand last season that Karius didn't do well and Migs was put back in, I didn't like it but I understood. Now Migs is showing signs of returning to his form 2 years ago and he's been dropped again, and right on time. At his best he's bog standard and at his worst he's a game loser on his own. At all times a liability and I've been saying that since his first season here so take your final comments and shove them. You know as well as I do that 'playing up to the gallery' ain't my style. Hell there's even some stuff we agree on from time to time, is that playing to a gallery too? Or is it just when someone doesn't have your exact opinion?
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2017 01:57:12 pm by Magillionare »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #32377: Aug 27, 2017 01:54:03 pm
      He's dropped him once and now it looks like he's about to do it again. I could understand last season that Karius didn't do well and Migs was put back in, I didn't like it but I understood. Now Migs is showing signs of returning to his form 2 years ago and he's been dropped again, and right on time. At his best he's big standard and at his worst he's a game loser on his own. At all times a liability and I've been saying that since his first season here so take your final comments and shove them. You know as well as I do that 'playing up to the gallery' ain't my style. Hell there's even some stuff we agree on from time to time, is that playing to a gallery too? Or is it just when someone doesn't have your exact opinion?
      I completely agree with everything but on time bit, I really wanted Karius against Watford. Based on pre season form he should have started. I am hoping in the few weeks since pre season Karius is still sharp. I didn't think Karius was any worse than migs when he last dropped Migs. Karius was not given chances like Mignolet has been. Wouldn't surprise me if Mignolet had the worst statistics of any PL goalkeeper so far this season. I think it got to the stage now where Klopp's credibility is being questioned by a lot of fans that can't stand to look at Mignolet anymore.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32378: Aug 27, 2017 01:57:27 pm
      I completely agree with everything but on time bit, I really wanted Karius against Watford. Based on pre season form he should have started. I am hoping in the few weeks since pre season Karius is still sharp. I didn't think Karius was any worse than migs when he last dropped Migs. Karius was not given chances like Mignolet has been. Wouldn't surprise me if Mignolet had the worst statistics of any PL goalkeeper so far this season. I think it got to the stage now where Klopp's credibility is being questioned by a lot of fans that can't stand to look at Mignolet anymore.

I think Mignolet's form in the last months of last season should outweigh the odd alright game Karius had in pre-season.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #32379: Aug 27, 2017 02:20:06 pm
      I think Mignolet's form in the last months of last season should outweigh the odd alright game Karius had in pre-season.

Let's give them both 200 games then compare because comparing a young lad who hasn't really had a chance to prove himself with a seasoned keeper who has had an up and down career (more down than up) with us isn't really a fair comparison.

Mignolet has more than enough time to prove his worth and consistently failed. I don't think he is going to improve much beyond what we've already seen now at the age of 29.

Karius and ward on the other hand have plenty of time for improvement.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #32380: Aug 27, 2017 02:24:32 pm
      last month of last season you mean, no plural please. he played a few good games near the end. That was after another season of sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2017 02:29:48 pm by Ribapuru »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #32381: Aug 27, 2017 06:31:03 pm
      We still need new players, so fingers crossed for that we sign a cb and a midfielder before the window closes. We had a brilliant game today, and long may this continue. But its gonna be long season, with injuries, players falling out of form and alot of other factors.
      We need more quality players, so we can finally go for the F***ing league.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #32382: Aug 27, 2017 07:33:24 pm
      If Coutinho goes I'd be after Sanchez. Play Firmino in that 10 position plus Sanchez can play on the wing aswel. I think we can survive with what we have in midfield until Lallana comes back. Just get another CB and we could deffo challenge.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #32383: Aug 27, 2017 07:50:38 pm
      If Coutinho goes I'd be after Sanchez. Play Firmino in that 10 position plus Sanchez can play on the wing aswel. I think we can survive with what we have in midfield until Lallana comes back. Just get another CB and we could deffo challenge.

With the rumored wage demands of Sanchez, it would be highly unlikely LFC would be interested.  Obviously a class player though.

Quick Reply