Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320000 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32591: Aug 31, 2017 09:42:28 am
      "Possible, not probable" = We tried"

Questions should be asked about all aspects of this summer, starting with why so many fans accept the constant lowering of expectations.

Pretty soon we'll know for sure mate, but from where I'm sitting it ain't looking good. I think we will lose our best player today, and while I think AOO is a brilliant signing (seriously I think he is going to be a top player), his and Salah's addition don't compensate.

I don't think we'll get Lamar "over the line" (and in truth I know f*** all about him anyway) so that leaves us waiting on VVD. If we get him I'd judge the window neutral, which of course in NET spend terms is around about where it'll be.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #32592: Aug 31, 2017 09:42:29 am
      I'd rather we sign Oblak than all those others, we will be sorted for years in goal.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #32593: Aug 31, 2017 09:44:01 am
      Renato Sanches to Swansea? Krychowiak to WBA?

F***ing hell. They'd both start for us. Sanches was bonkers at the Euro's and Krychowiak was immense for Sevilla.

You forgot to mention that last season both were absolutely garbage.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32594: Aug 31, 2017 09:51:56 am
      Pretty soon we'll know for sure mate, but from where I'm sitting it ain't looking good. I think we will lose our best player today, and while I think AOO is a brilliant signing (seriously I think he is going to be a top player), his and Salah's addition don't compensate.

I don't think we'll get Lamar "over the line" (and in truth I know f*** all about him anyway) so that leaves us waiting on VVD. If we get him I'd judge the window neutral, which of course in NET spend terms is around about where it'll be.

Don't worry Mick, it's only Deadline Day!!

There's always January...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #32595: Aug 31, 2017 09:53:31 am
      Bit worried that we will confirm Oxlade this morning and that will be that from us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32596: Aug 31, 2017 09:55:05 am
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32597: Aug 31, 2017 09:56:10 am
      Bit worried that we will confirm Oxlade this morning and that will be that from us.

By bit worried... do you mean you actually really do know that's exactly what's going to happen but you retain some vague hope that maybe the club won't be utterly f**king useless and not land the targets they made known were targets then crow to press about how they'll absolutely be back for those players in the summer even though that never ends up happening?

If so, me too.
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 10:00:17 am by KS67 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #32598: Aug 31, 2017 09:56:17 am
      Nothing to see today with the looks of it
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32599: Aug 31, 2017 09:58:33 am

If it was likely to be "incredibly difficult" on Deadline Day then perhaps they should have actually submitted bids for those players at some point between mid May and the season starting?

Mental eh?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #32600: Aug 31, 2017 10:00:47 am
      Reddy tweeting that were prepared to make VvD most expensive defender, and that we are willing to make another offer for Lemar.

I can see us trying but I dont see those clubs selling.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #32601: Aug 31, 2017 10:05:11 am
      Apparently, Barca cu*ts had 140 mn Dybala bid rejected. Hahaha!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #32602: Aug 31, 2017 10:05:48 am

Hope you're wrong mate - I've been clear about my fears re Phil all summer.

The only time I felt optimistic he wouldn't go was when Jürgen said it. That fell away when he softened his stance to......"it's up to the owners".

Time will tell.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32603: Aug 31, 2017 10:10:04 am

What, are we losing Mane?? ;-)

If we don't get VVD and Lemar then no way in hell will we sell Coutinho, I actually don't think we'd sell him even if we do get those 2 in.
      I remain quietly confident we'll get both, or at least VVD.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32604: Aug 31, 2017 10:13:59 am
      Bascombe and Reddy at it already. Just need Joyce to confirm the "difficult/prepared to wait" narrative and you can all just go for a walk or a w*nk.

It's over.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32605: Aug 31, 2017 10:28:18 am
      If it was likely to be "incredibly difficult" on Deadline Day then perhaps they should have actually submitted bids for those players at some point between mid May and the season starting?

Mental eh?

Where would the fun be in that
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32606: Aug 31, 2017 10:44:41 am
      You forgot to mention that last season both were absolutely garbage.

Not really the pair of them hardly got a game at clubs where it's very difficult to break into the team.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #32607: Aug 31, 2017 10:47:02 am
      Personally think that Alex is our last signing. Done and done. Apart from sales as I expect Sakho to go.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32608: Aug 31, 2017 10:50:13 am
      We have Huffed and Puffed win this transfer window, been linked with many a player, and if we do not sign another player then no matter what anyone tells me it has; Imo been a disappointing transfer window.... Now some here will claim that we have made a top class signing in Keita, one of Liverpool top target signings, but he will not come to us until next season, so can hardly be classed as this seasons signing... A poor window indeed... In a season where we have made the CL, we have not strengthen our squad in any meaningful way... One young striker in, and possibly one out on loan... Salah in Sakho possible out, gained in attack lost out in defense.... you can make an argument that we have only strengthened in the left back position...Midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.... Can only see him add a little more dept and not much else to the squad

We should have had this all wrapped up weeks before... Coutinho gone, and the money spent on a replacement and other targets...We had no secondary targets thus we are under strength for the premier League and under strength for the CL...I see our season going much the way as last season, largely disappointing...

This is life under FSG...

I live in hope of seeing Lemar and VVD before 11pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32609: Aug 31, 2017 11:00:59 am
      Personally think that Alex is our last signing. Done and done. Apart from sales as I expect Sakho to go.

Looking like ot isn't it?

Bit disappointing, I mean I like the Ox but a move for Lemar this season and pick up our boyhood fan for a song in January/next Summer would surely been a better use of resources.

But then what do I know?
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 12:09:23 pm by fields of anny rd »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #32610: Aug 31, 2017 11:36:59 am
      So you'd genuinely be depressed if we ONLY got Salah, Ox and Robertson plus secured Keita for next year, come on now, compared to recent windows that is fantastic business by the club. If we get VVD and Lemar on top of that then its awesome and other teams will start to crap themselves.
      Two of them will hardly start any games, and nothing would have been done to improve central defence, of course I'll be depressed, and true compared to other windows it'd be good, but that says more about our other windows.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32611: Aug 31, 2017 11:46:09 am
      Two of them will hardly start any games, and nothing would have been done to improve central defence, of course I'll be depressed, and true compared to other windows it'd be good, but that says more about our other windows.

SQUAD DEPTH!!!!! Do you understand that concept at all, its what everyone has been banging on about all summer now we have it people still bloody moan.

BTW I think Robertson and Ox will get quite a few games, they are much better additions than people think and Salah is of course a nailed on starter.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32612: Aug 31, 2017 11:49:45 am
      I have a feeling we're done in the window for this summer I'm still expecting us to offload Coutinho too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32613: Aug 31, 2017 11:51:18 am
      If were done buying and selling how far can we go with the below squad. ( 2 players for each position)

Gk: mignolet/ Karius
      Rb: Clyne/ TAA
      Cb: Lovern/klavan/ Gomez/matip
      LB: Robertson/ Moreno
      CM: Hendo/Gini/Can/Milner/Grujic/Chamberlain
      Fwd: Mane/Firmino/Salah/Lallana/Sturridge/Coutinho.

Quick Reply