Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179841 times
      Kopite78
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32982: Nov 15, 2017 09:27:40 pm
      Yes I could of checked But still my point was more to do with the AFCON finals more than the qualifiers, but i'll take the criticism

That's the point though. The finals are being moved into June and July in line with the European calender

It will run between world cup and Euro championship summers

💻⌨🖱
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32983: Nov 15, 2017 10:40:08 pm
      That's the point though. The finals are being moved into June and July in line with the European calender

It will run between world cup and Euro championship summers

💻⌨🖱
      Cheers for that... I was not aware that things had been changed... Now If they could do the same with the friendlies and Qualifiers that would be gem  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32984: Nov 17, 2017 06:32:18 pm
      I've watched quite a bit of Portuguese football of late and I think we would find it hard to find a better goalkeeper than Sporting's Rui Patrício. Definitely an improvement on our two options at the moment.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #32985: Nov 17, 2017 06:57:57 pm
      I've watched quite a bit of Portuguese football of late and I think we would find it hard to find a better goalkeeper than Sporting's Rui Patrício. Definitely an improvement on our two options at the moment.

So is Ru Paul mate....... ;)
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #32986: Nov 18, 2017 09:14:14 am

Plus with Ru Paul we'd still get to see those easy majestic saves for the cameras only they may be a bit more flamboyant.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #32987: Nov 20, 2017 01:14:52 am
      Talk in the Mirror of Goretzka coming here on a free from Schalke in the summer and Sturidge wanting out in January in order to try and get back into the England team.

I have always liked Daniel. Think he is a damn good player but he always feels like a square peg in a round hole whenever he plays for Klopp. He clearly isn’t a Jürgen type of player in my opinion.
      Wouod be ok with him leaving IF we finally line up a proper striker that does fit Klopps tactics. Not taking anything away from Bobby, who has been brilliant for us and don’t want to deter from giving Dominic some well deserved minutes BUT we certainly need a quick and clinical player as an option up front (origi and Ings aren’t that to me).

If the Goretzka rumors are true then it gives more credence to Can being off in the summer (utterly fine with that) and developing an options in midfield of him, Keita, lallana, Hendo, Gini and Grujic
      Like the options!!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32988: Nov 20, 2017 10:23:59 am
      Talk in the Mirror of Goretzka coming here on a free from Schalke in the summer and Sturidge wanting out in January in order to try and get back into the England team.

I have always liked Daniel. Think he is a damn good player but he always feels like a square peg in a round hole whenever he plays for Klopp. He clearly isn’t a Jürgen type of player in my opinion.
      Wouod be ok with him leaving IF we finally line up a proper striker that does fit Klopps tactics. Not taking anything away from Bobby, who has been brilliant for us and don’t want to deter from giving Dominic some well deserved minutes BUT we certainly need a quick and clinical player as an option up front (origi and Ings aren’t that to me).

If the Goretzka rumors are true then it gives more credence to Can being off in the summer (utterly fine with that) and developing an options in midfield of him, Keita, lallana, Hendo, Gini and Grujic
      Like the options!!!

I'd hardly call losing Can and keeping Gini a fair trade off. Much of that midfield as it stands, let alone other areas of the team, are not capable of propelling us back to the top of the game, but perfect if we want to keep the status quo of Champions League footy every few years and finishing fifth or sixth the rest of the time. Thankfully we're getting an upgrade on Can by way of Keita but we also need upgrades on Wijnaldum and Henderson if we're to seriously compete with the other big five. Since we're most likely losing Coutinho in the Summer as well, you can throw in needing an upgrade there, as well and that's on top of defensive and goalkeeping positions.

Our team really is Jekyll and Hyde, containing both the sublime and the ridiuclous. Coutinho, (incoming) Keita, Lallana, TAA, Gomez, Salah and Mane are who we should be looking to build around. The rest need to be mercilessly moved on and money spent on quality replacements. That needs to start in January and continue through the Summer. The ambition has been there at the top, the rest need to make it happen for once.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32989: Nov 20, 2017 01:29:19 pm
      I'd hardly call losing Can and keeping Gini a fair trade off. Much of that midfield as it stands, let alone other areas of the team, are not capable of propelling us back to the top of the game, but perfect if we want to keep the status quo of Champions League footy every few years and finishing fifth or sixth the rest of the time. Thankfully we're getting an upgrade on Can by way of Keita but we also need upgrades on Wijnaldum and Henderson if we're to seriously compete with the other big five. Since we're most likely losing Coutinho in the Summer as well, you can throw in needing an upgrade there, as well and that's on top of defensive and goalkeeping positions.

Our team really is Jekyll and Hyde, containing both the sublime and the ridiuclous. Coutinho, (incoming) Keita, Lallana, TAA, Gomez, Salah and Mane are who we should be looking to build around. The rest need to be mercilessly moved on and money spent on quality replacements. That needs to start in January and continue through the Summer. The ambition has been there at the top, the rest need to make it happen for once.

If you think Firmino needs "moving on" it pretty much negates the rest of this post.

Honestly, I despair sometimes.

No doubt January will be full of the usual bullshit and cries of anguish that we didn't land a player no bugger had heard of the week before.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32990: Nov 20, 2017 10:14:55 pm

Agree with the first bit about our midfield.

The second paragraph not having Firmino is criminal. Could almost add Moreno too, at this point.

Also I've seen on Twitter a list of players off contract from the end of this season (could be wrong):

Messi
      Alexis
      Mata
      Goretzka
      Özil
      Balotelli
      De Vrij
      Ghoulam
      Giménez
      Can
      Meyer
      Shaw
      Blind
      Wilshere
      Ribery
      Juanfran
      Fellaini
      Miranda
      Robben
      Bernard
      Chiellini
      Barkley

Who we gettin'? :D
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #32991: Nov 21, 2017 08:26:52 am

The second paragraph not having Firmino is criminal. Could almost add Moreno too, at this point.

Also I've seen on Twitter a list of players off contract from the end of this season (could be wrong):

Messi
      Alexis
      Mata
      Goretzka
      Özil
      Balotelli
      De Vrij
      Ghoulam
      Giménez
      Can
      Meyer
      Shaw
      Blind
      Wilshere
      Ribery
      Juanfran
      Fellaini
      Miranda
      Robben
      Bernard
      Chiellini
      Barkley

Probably the top 5 and no defenders haha
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32992: Nov 21, 2017 11:59:57 am

Messi
      Alexis
      Mata
      Goretzka
      Özil
      Balotelli
      De Vrij
      Ghoulam
      Giménez
      Can
      Meyer
      Shaw
      Blind
      Wilshere
      Ribery
      Juanfran
      Fellaini
      Miranda
      Robben
      Bernard
      Chiellini
      Barkley

That's pretty much the first page from Transfermarkt so pretty solid.
      http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

I know Can running the contract is bad, but LFC nowhere near the worst on that list. Have a look at:

Arsenal - Sanchez, Ozil, Wilshere, Cazorla.
      United - Herrera, Mata, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Ibra, Young.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32993: Nov 21, 2017 03:23:12 pm
      I know Can running the contract is bad, but LFC nowhere near the worst on that list. Have a look at:

Arsenal - Sanchez, Ozil, Wilshere, Cazorla.
      United - Herrera, Mata, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Ibra, Young.
      Arse players want to get away to F**k from Wenger; Mancs (Mata aside) all sh*te or done or both. 😄
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32994: Nov 21, 2017 04:19:02 pm
      Arse players want to get away to F**k from Wenger; Mancs (Mata aside) all sh*te or done or both. 😄

True that, but it's the bulk of a squad at risk of leaving for nothing.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #32995: Nov 21, 2017 06:07:55 pm
      Anyone really believe that we will sign players in January or let some go?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32996: Nov 21, 2017 09:58:51 pm
      Straight swap with Sevilla. We get Banega they can have Jordan!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32997: Nov 21, 2017 10:04:51 pm

Frightening thought is that some people on this forum would say that's a better deal for Sevilla.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32998: Nov 21, 2017 10:07:39 pm

Messi
      Alexis
      Mata
      Goretzka
      Özil
      Balotelli
      De Vrij
      Ghoulam
      Giménez
      Can
      Meyer
      Shaw
      Blind
      Wilshere
      Ribery
      Juanfran
      Fellaini
      Miranda
      Robben
      Bernard
      Chiellini
      Barkley

Give me Messi, Alexis, Goretzka, Ozil, De Vrij, Ghoulam, Giménez, Meyer and Chiellini and I'm OK. Wait, what, squad limits, wage bills? Who cares!  :f_tongueincheek:

Seriously though, Ghoulam would be an interesting option.

Also, watching quite a bit of Portuguese football, I've come to really like Rui Patrício (Sporting GK) and Danilo Pereira (FC Porto defensive midfielder). Two types of players we don't currently have.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32999: Nov 21, 2017 10:44:05 pm
      Frightening thought is that some people on this forum would say that's a better deal for Sevilla.

F**k mate, I hope not.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #33000: Nov 23, 2017 06:23:56 pm
      Keita, going by recent reports, cost "Jürgen" £55m. This brings his gross spend [before January] to something like £210m in two seasons.

£210m? Some going that. Frightening to think that we were told, by tools who "have studied the man", he wouldn't spend much on players... it's not his style" 😂😂

Bullshitters aside tho'; only £17m, of that has been spent on 'defenders' - 2 x Centre backs, a goalie and a left back. D'ya think it shows? 😄

No... seriously... do you?

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33001: Nov 23, 2017 08:00:10 pm
      Keita, going by recent reports, cost "Jürgen" £55m. This brings his gross spend [before January] to something like £210m in two seasons.

£210m? Some going that. Frightening to think that we were told, by tools who "have studied the man", he wouldn't spend much on players... it's not his style" 😂😂

Bullshitters aside tho'; only £17m, of that has been spent on 'defenders' - 2 x Centre backs, a goalie and a left back. D'ya think it shows? 😄

No... seriously... do you?

He buys players like I do on football manager.

1. Get the budget
      2. Scout lots of players
      3. Identify a weakness in defence
      4. Just buy attackers anyway
      5. Pray the kids in defence come good
      6. Repeat
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33002: Nov 23, 2017 08:24:19 pm

... chuck in Moreno .... he can go home.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #33003: Nov 23, 2017 08:27:49 pm
      Give me Messi, Alexis, Goretzka, Ozil, De Vrij, Ghoulam, Giménez, Meyer and Chiellini and I'm OK. Wait, what, squad limits, wage bills? Who cares!  :f_tongueincheek:

Seriously though, Ghoulam would be an interesting option.

Also, watching quite a bit of Portuguese football, I've come to really like Rui Patrício (Sporting GK) and Danilo Pereira (FC Porto defensive midfielder). Two types of players we don't currently have.
      William Carvalho was just playing brilliant before his injury, he played his 1st game last night a bit ring rusty but that is who i would like in front of our back 4
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33004: Nov 23, 2017 08:42:40 pm
      William Carvalho was just playing brilliant before his injury, he played his 1st game last night a bit ring rusty but that is who i would like in front of our back 4

True, William has also been good, I'm not so sure about Battaglia but Bruno Fernandes has also been impressive.
      I think I'd probably be happy with either Danilo or William, but you've surely seen them much more than me to judge.
      What do you think of Rui Patrício?

Quick Reply