Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180413 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33028: Nov 27, 2017 12:20:40 am
      The words luiz and defend don't belong in the same sentence
      Like him or not he is a good defender, personally I don't...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33029: Nov 27, 2017 03:10:01 pm
      The words luiz and defend don't belong in the same sentence

Good footballer, sh*t defender.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33030: Nov 27, 2017 10:42:48 pm
      I'd rather him replace Hendo than any of our defenders.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33031: Nov 28, 2017 12:14:26 pm
      Dries Mertens has a 28m euros release clause. Sure he's already 30 but he's a great goalscorer, and this is almost pocket money for a player of that calibre these days.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33032: Nov 28, 2017 12:28:33 pm
      Dries Mertens has a 28m euros release clause. Sure he's already 30 but he's a great goalscorer, and this is almost pocket money for a player of that calibre these days.

Rated and wanted him here for years.

Think Klopp would feel he could cover that position with Lallana, Bobby, Phil and Gini though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33033: Nov 28, 2017 02:40:25 pm
      Rated and wanted him here for years.

Think Klopp would feel he could cover that position with Lallana, Bobby, Phil and Gini though.

True, but under Sarri he's been playing more as a forward I think, and scoring loads of goals. The kind of versatile striker/forward that would fit in well in our team. Not saying it's a priority (nor that he'd want to leave right now) but I was surprised to find he had such a low release clause!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33034: Nov 28, 2017 07:17:12 pm
      True, but under Sarri he's been playing more as a forward I think, and scoring loads of goals. The kind of versatile striker/forward that would fit in well in our team. Not saying it's a priority (nor that he'd want to leave right now) but I was surprised to find he had such a low release clause!
      He has on the few occasions I've watched Napoli this year he's also operated as a LW or LF.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33035: Nov 28, 2017 08:35:30 pm
      Draxler, Pastore, Goretzka, Milinkovic-Savic, yada yada yada....

I wouldnt mind Mahrez.. AT ALL! Leicester apparently wanted 40mil from Roma, thats a steal for someone who can be this effective and has maintained a wonderful attitude despite his transfer requests
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33036: Nov 28, 2017 11:39:26 pm
      Draxler, Pastore, Goretzka, Milinkovic-Savic, yada yada yada....

I wouldnt mind Mahrez.. AT ALL! Leicester apparently wanted 40mil from Roma, thats a steal for someone who can be this effective and has maintained a wonderful attitude despite his transfer requests

Karius

Gomez    Matip

Lallana

Salah   Mahrez   Coutinho   AOC   Mane

Firmino Sturridge

F**k it, why not? :D

Seriously though, no more attackers needed. Surely.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33037: Nov 29, 2017 02:33:53 pm
      David Luis maybe available in the January window

Mind you He is such a sh*t defender that even Real Madrid are considering a move for him  :roll:

Real Madrid ready to launch January move for David Luiz after he drops down Chelsea pecking order under Antonio Conte
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5125487/Real-Madrid-eyeing-January-Chelseas-David-Luiz.html
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33038: Nov 29, 2017 03:48:44 pm
      David Luis maybe available in the January window

Mind you He is such a sh*t defender that even Real Madrid are considering a move for him  :roll:

Real Madrid ready to launch January move for David Luiz after he drops down Chelsea pecking order under Antonio Conte
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5125487/Real-Madrid-eyeing-January-Chelseas-David-Luiz.html

:lmao:
      The daily fail?

Not even a good attempt at trolling.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33039: Dec 01, 2017 03:34:44 am
      I have no idea if work permit might be an issue, but we should be seriously going after Arthur, midfielder from Grêmio. What a superb talent. So classy on the ball. I can see him going to a club like Barcelona and being a star. Expect him to make the squad for the World Cup next year as well.

Also, Lucas Paquetá from Flamengo is going to be huge. He's not quite ready for Europe yet, but he's a terrific talent.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33040: Dec 01, 2017 01:14:11 pm
      I have no idea if work permit might be an issue, but we should be seriously going after Arthur, midfielder from Grêmio. What a superb talent. So classy on the ball. I can see him going to a club like Barcelona and being a star. Expect him to make the squad for the World Cup next year as well.

Also, Lucas Paquetá from Flamengo is going to be huge. He's not quite ready for Europe yet, but he's a terrific talent.

Mate since your in tune with Brazilian football whatever happened to Ganso?

I really thought he was the bees knees when I watched him a few times after he emerged.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33041: Dec 01, 2017 01:23:05 pm

I really thought he was the bees knees when I watched him a few times after he emerged.

Ganso is a real disappointment, when he and Neymar came through the youth ranks at Santos, a lot of people used to think he was the most talented of the two ("Neymar is good, but Ganso is the brains of the team", that sort of stuff). I wasn't part of that group, but still I thought he was going to be a star, I have to admit that!

His technique and passing ability are truly incredible, but I think the early success with Santos really went into his head. He turned out not to be as consistent as Neymar (who just keeps scoring and creating chances non-stop, every single time he plays), and the attitude also isn't great. He's quite slow and lazy for modern football, particularly in Europe. He moved from Santos to São Paulo, where he stayed for a few years, had a few good moments but overall was fairly unspectacular. He's now at Sevilla, once in a while he plays, but most of the time he's on the bench. He didn't play a single minute against us, for example.

I'd say him and Alexandre Pato are two of Brazil's biggest disappointments in recent times, both looked like future stars but the attitude and consistency to play at the top wasn't there. Both experienced some sort of success and had a real huge reputation from a very early age and just seem to have lost the desire somewhere along the way.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33042: Dec 01, 2017 01:34:01 pm
      As for the two players I mentioned (Arthur and Lucas Paquetá), I'm seriously impressed with them. It's always tough to make predictions with young players but I do hope we have our scouts in South America and that they're on our radar.

Arthur is only 21 and plays as a central/defensive midfielder for Grêmio, who have just won the Copa Libertadores (South America's equivalent to the Champions League) on Wednesday. Despite the early age, I'd say him and Luan (a forward who some might remember from the Rio 2016 Olympic Games) are the best players in that team. Luan is very gifted technically, but Arthur is my favourite. His ability on the ball is really second to none in Brazil, he takes possession in very congested areas and keeps the ball moving. Gremio have been playing some good stuff of late and he was immense in that title. Lots of rumours that clubs like Barcelona are interested on him.

Video of his performance in the 2nd leg of the Libertadores final against Lanús (Argentina):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkcQK5WjqSE

Lucas Paquetá plays for my team in Brazil, Flamengo. He was a starter last night when we beat Junior from Colombia and qualified to the Copa Sudamericana (South America's equivalent to the Europa League) final against Independiente from Argentina. He's a different story as he's only recently gained his spot in the starting eleven, but the maturity he shows with the ball is unbelievable. He rarely loses possession and is often the one taking the ball forward, a creative spark in the team, almost always finding someone with his positive passing, whilst more experienced players have been uninspiring and too conservative.

Flamengo have Diego (former Werder Bremen, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Atlético Madrid, etc) in midfield but if you ask me, I think Lucas Paquetá is already performing better than him. He is young and makes mistakes, as is expected of a 20 year old, but with each game I become more and more impressed with him. He also runs a lot, is quite fast, and is very adept at pressing the opposition. I do hope he stays with Flamengo for a few years and then, if he continues progressing, I'd love to see him doing well in Europe.

For those who like youtube scouting... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ePfq8Z0qg
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2017 01:46:28 pm by Diego LFC »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33043: Dec 01, 2017 11:20:11 pm
      Ganso is a real disappointment, when he and Neymar came through the youth ranks at Santos, a lot of people used to think he was the most talented of the two ("Neymar is good, but Ganso is the brains of the team", that sort of stuff). I wasn't part of that group, but still I thought he was going to be a star, I have to admit that!

His technique and passing ability are truly incredible, but I think the early success with Santos really went into his head. He turned out not to be as consistent as Neymar (who just keeps scoring and creating chances non-stop, every single time he plays), and the attitude also isn't great. He's quite slow and lazy for modern football, particularly in Europe. He moved from Santos to São Paulo, where he stayed for a few years, had a few good moments but overall was fairly unspectacular. He's now at Sevilla, once in a while he plays, but most of the time he's on the bench. He didn't play a single minute against us, for example.

I'd say him and Alexandre Pato are two of Brazil's biggest disappointments in recent times, both looked like future stars but the attitude and consistency to play at the top wasn't there. Both experienced some sort of success and had a real huge reputation from a very early age and just seem to have lost the desire somewhere along the way.

Yea fair enough mate it did appear he's career trickled of and I wasn't even aware he was at Sevilla!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33044: Dec 02, 2017 12:12:55 am
      As for the two players I mentioned (Arthur and Lucas Paquetá), I'm seriously impressed with them. It's always tough to make predictions with young players but I do hope we have our scouts in South America and that they're on our radar.

Arthur is only 21 and plays as a central/defensive midfielder for Grêmio, who have just won the Copa Libertadores (South America's equivalent to the Champions League) on Wednesday. Despite the early age, I'd say him and Luan (a forward who some might remember from the Rio 2016 Olympic Games) are the best players in that team. Luan is very gifted technically, but Arthur is my favourite. His ability on the ball is really second to none in Brazil, he takes possession in very congested areas and keeps the ball moving. Gremio have been playing some good stuff of late and he was immense in that title. Lots of rumours that clubs like Barcelona are interested on him.

Video of his performance in the 2nd leg of the Libertadores final against Lanús (Argentina):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkcQK5WjqSE

Lucas Paquetá plays for my team in Brazil, Flamengo. He was a starter last night when we beat Junior from Colombia and qualified to the Copa Sudamericana (South America's equivalent to the Europa League) final against Independiente from Argentina. He's a different story as he's only recently gained his spot in the starting eleven, but the maturity he shows with the ball is unbelievable. He rarely loses possession and is often the one taking the ball forward, a creative spark in the team, almost always finding someone with his positive passing, whilst more experienced players have been uninspiring and too conservative.

Flamengo have Diego (former Werder Bremen, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Atlético Madrid, etc) in midfield but if you ask me, I think Lucas Paquetá is already performing better than him. He is young and makes mistakes, as is expected of a 20 year old, but with each game I become more and more impressed with him. He also runs a lot, is quite fast, and is very adept at pressing the opposition. I do hope he stays with Flamengo for a few years and then, if he continues progressing, I'd love to see him doing well in Europe.

For those who like youtube scouting... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ePfq8Z0qg

I like the look of Arthur.

I also remember a young lad from Gremio who got a shitload of stick, who was also highly rated.
      In fact it was cause for celebration when we beat Man U for his signing.

Nice vids though Diego, and good insight to the player.
      Thanks for that.

And in that spirit, I give you Jordan Henderson;   ;D
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFf16K9jOA
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #33045: Dec 02, 2017 12:34:51 am

Had two really serious knee injuries in 2007 and 2010 and could never be the same.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #33046: Dec 02, 2017 12:40:49 am
      I like the look of Arthur.

I also remember a young lad from Gremio who got a shitload of stick, who was also highly rated.
      In fact it was cause for celebration when we beat Man U for his signing.

Nice vids though Diego, and good insight to the player.
      Thanks for that.

And in that spirit, I give you Jordan Henderson;   ;D
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFf16K9jOA
      Arthur is not highly rated only in Brazil, you can easily find what people think about him in the media of Argentina, Spain, Italy, etc.
      The Brazil nt coach is very conservative, but i would bench everyone in the midfield, including Coutinho in order to play Arthur.
      One of the 10, maybe 15 players in the world that is funny to watch and is not boring.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33047: Dec 02, 2017 12:46:14 am
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33048: Dec 02, 2017 01:22:25 am
      Liverpool would sell its crack in January for 145 million euros and the Catalan club already knows

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20171201/433318450673/fichajes-barca-coutinho-millones-liverpool.html
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33049: Dec 03, 2017 07:59:46 am
      Arthur looks exactly like the midfielder we need.

I fully expect Steven Davis to arrive instead :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33050: Dec 03, 2017 08:17:09 am
      Arthur looks exactly like the midfielder we need.

I fully expect Steven Davis to arrive instead :D

Looks like arthur is going to Barcelona

Quick Reply