Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179506 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33120: Dec 27, 2017 07:45:38 pm
      35m is enough for a goalkeeper. VVD is probably worth 75m. It's his set pieces we are paying for as well. He can take pennos or free kicks.

Nah, let's be honest here. We're paying for the fact we pissed them off so bad in the summer.

But he's signed so it doesn't matter now.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #33121: Dec 27, 2017 08:12:44 pm
      My Christmas is complete - van dyke as Our New left back when Moreno is injured
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33122: Dec 27, 2017 09:04:32 pm
      First day back at work, catching up on some podcasts today, that I missed over the holidays, 2 out of three said VvD was definitely Man City bound. That proved not to be the case then.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33123: Dec 27, 2017 09:32:36 pm

You been smoking 'Roo' sh*t mate, ?Mkhiteran struggling to perform for the scumbags isn't all of a sudden gonna perform under Klopp,
      Decent player yes, but not in this league, out of his comfort zone and most definitely not a Klopp fit.

G'day  😉

YNWA
      he improvement in Moreno
      Klopp works wonders with most players mate, except Lovren and Mignolet.

Was just a thought anyways and mate the stuff I'm smoking at the moment is out of this world.  :D :D :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33124: Dec 27, 2017 09:34:02 pm
      Get the F**k in.... welcome VVD....about F***ing time, now let's get Keita in this window and a new Keeper and we will almost be sorted.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33125: Dec 27, 2017 09:38:04 pm
      A half decent ITK on Twitter saying we like Butland and that Goretzka wants us.

Love a good bit of ITK Chrimbo gossip, me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33126: Dec 27, 2017 09:42:08 pm

Which one mate - I need to follow
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #33127: Dec 27, 2017 09:42:43 pm

Goretzka is out of contract at the end of the season but has plenty of suitors, would be competition for his signature.

Think that one will depend a lot on Emre Cans situation. Anyone think the lad is going to sign or is he off in the summer?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #33128: Dec 27, 2017 09:48:43 pm
      Which one mate - I need to follow

What's your twitter name and I'll quote you in.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33129: Dec 27, 2017 09:49:38 pm

You been smoking 'Roo' sh*t mate, ?Mkhiteran struggling to perform for the scumbags isn't all of a sudden gonna perform under Klopp,
      Decent player yes, but not in this league, out of his comfort zone and most definitely not a Klopp fit.

G'day  😉

YNWA

Most definitely not a Klopp fit? Klopp helped make him the player that manure bought! Hardly out of his comfort zone in this league, he's just out of his comfort zone being asked to play Bourinho football. Look at De Bruyne, Salah - both players that played under Mourinho at Chelsea and everyone deemed Premier League flops.

Not saying I agree with making him a premium target, but he's certainly a lot better player than what is being utilised with that mob.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #33130: Dec 27, 2017 09:51:44 pm

Butland an interesting one, I really rate him but seen a lot of people mention his stats not being much better than Mignolet. Maybe I'm missing something there. Either way though, don't think Stoke will let him go in January - probably one for the summer.

Never seen Goretzka play but apparently he's meant to be a top player.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33131: Dec 27, 2017 09:52:02 pm
      What's your twitter name and I'll quote you in.

@almcg4
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #33132: Dec 27, 2017 09:52:36 pm
      Anyone think the lad is going to sign or is he off in the summer

I'd be surprised if he stayed at this point mate. But you never know.

For me, I'd rather have him than some others in the squad but at the same time I don't think he's a TOP,  TOP player. Different situations and all that, though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33133: Dec 28, 2017 12:58:04 am

Would be happy with both them signings.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #33134: Dec 28, 2017 01:13:42 am
      I have a few Mexican friends whom I've watched Mexico matches with and they all love Lozano, which is why I started paying attention to him, whilst still with Pachuca. At the time I saw him mostly on the left wing, cutting inside, but he does seem to be the kind of versatile attacking player that could adapt to other positions. I haven't seen him play for PSV but in the past couple of seasons he seems to have started scoring more often as well, and mature as a player. Looks like a star in the making.

I love Bailey, he's been better than Brandt (previously linked to us) in the matches I've seen, very quick and with good delivery from wide positions. From Gladbach I'm a fan of Vincenzo Grifo, he's not so young (24 or 25 I think) and he missed the whole of the start of the season due to injury, so he hasn't been playing much, but he's a very technical player that if given chances will definitely score and assist quite a few. I think he'd have made a better signing for the likes of Everton than paying ridiculous money for Sigurdsson. BMG paid less than 10m euros for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JX1TWvaVrg

Can't say I had ever heard of Lozano before he arrived at PSV and really only started watching him a few times after I saw him against Belgium. Cracking player, on the left, on the right, through the middle, he doesn't care. He reminds me a bit of Suarez when he was at Ajax (not saying he'll be as good, just his style).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzl1fz6qqD4

Goals at 3:38 and 4:30. I can totally see him play a role similar to Firmino's.

Yeah Bailey is brilliant, he has a sweet left foot! Never heard of Grifo I have to admit. I really only watch them occasionally for Hazard.

I'd be happy with Goretzka. No thanks to Butland for me. Think he's vastly overrated.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2017 01:38:13 am by Danzel »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33135: Dec 28, 2017 11:28:46 am
      he improvement in Moreno
      Klopp works wonders with most players mate, except Lovren and Mignolet.

Was just a thought anyways and mate the stuff I'm smoking at the moment is out of this world.  :D :D :D

Good on ya mate, toking all over the world, as Status quo used to sing 😃

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #33136: Dec 28, 2017 12:13:10 pm
      Goretzka seems to be a good idea given Can is set to leave... It's a pity though.

My only concern is with whom do we replace Coutinho. Lallana can do the job; he's not as good but Lallana in a front 3 or in midfield is a very good player and is often world class. Last season he was superb. But we still need to think about replacing Coutinho - Kovacic would be a great player to have, yes he's a CM but he's very creative.

Ideally we would get a player in the deal for Coutinho.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #33137: Dec 28, 2017 01:01:23 pm
      I am just  hoping  that we don't  sell Couthino  to balance  the books. Southampton  had us in the corner  by our own making  and we pay a huge  price.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33138: Dec 28, 2017 02:02:17 pm
      I really don't know about Goretzka, he is pretty  much another box-boxer/attacking midfielder , isn't he? Are we really gonna go into another season without a defense minded midfielder that's good on the ball and a big f**k you to the defence and game management?

As for Butland, not anymore, he really is overrated and buying from a premier league club, he'd probably cost 100m!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #33139: Dec 28, 2017 02:16:07 pm
      Butland an interesting one, I really rate him but seen a lot of people mention his stats not being much better than Mignolet. Maybe I'm missing something there. Either way though, don't think Stoke will let him go in January - probably one for the summer.

Never seen Goretzka play but apparently he's meant to be a top player.

Saw him in the Confederations Cup. Looked very good IMO. Would be pleased to see him join. We don't seem to do DMs so it doesn't really matter.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #33140: Dec 28, 2017 03:45:54 pm
      With VVD in, expect Klopp to play with a back three when needing to close shop...

Matip, VVD, Lovren
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #33141: Dec 28, 2017 03:49:33 pm
      Imagine that the following happens over the next two transfer windows (Jan and summer)... would you be happy? I for one would be very pleased... :-)

Out: Coutinho, Can, Mignolet
      In: Lemar, Goretzka, Butland
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33142: Dec 28, 2017 03:53:33 pm
      With VVD in, expect Klopp to play with a back three when needing to close shop...

Matip, VVD, Lovren

Based on the fact that he has rarely done it before despite always having an extra CB on the bench? Honestly where do you guys get these theories from?
      BTW I think it would actually  be a good idea but its Not Klopp's style, Kloppo don't do defence.

Quick Reply