Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200395 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33350: Jan 06, 2018 06:09:15 pm
      Mahrez seems to be a good idea. With Mane, Salah, Keita, Mahrez, we have 4 of the very best players of Africa.

I really don't know about Mahrez now, he apparently has a lazy tendency about him, similar to Ozil, and whenever I watched Mahrez, I have noticed that.

F**k it, even though he is CL cup tied, I'd go for the pass master, the deep lying creative midfielder in Jorginho, I doubt they would refuse 60m+ for him, and I doubt he would reject 150k p/w wages.

Failing that, offer Arsenal 50m for Sanchez and give him 300k for 4 years (62.4m) and 10m signing on fee.. maybe slip in 5m for his agent too ;) :D

Failing Jorginho and Sanchez , we should go for um........
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #33351: Jan 06, 2018 06:16:16 pm
      Ian Doyle? Dunno know much about him....basically just regurgitating what we already know....the one part that I liked was the idea of trying to bring in Keita early...but I'm sure that will be harder than signing Lemar even.

Thomas Lemar tops Liverpool's wanted list as Reds look to fill Philippe Coutinho void
      Coutinho set for £142m Barcelona deal - and Reds will look to land Monaco star Lemar as his replacement

BY IAN DOYLE
      17:54, 6 JAN 2018UPDATED17:58, 6 JAN 2018

Liverpool are prepared to move quickly to fill the breach left by Philippe Coutinho's imminent departure – with Thomas Lemar still top of their wanted list.

Coutinho is on the brink of an exit after the Reds agreed a £142million deal to sell the player to Barcelona.

The transfer is expected to be completed within the next 24 hours with the Brazilian having flown out to Spain on Saturday evening to complete the formalities of the deal.

Jürgen Klopp is keen to ensure Liverpool's season is not threatened by Coutinho's departure with the Reds on a 17-game unbeaten run – their longest such sequence in more than 20 years – that sees them challenging in the Premier League top four, through to the last 16 of the Champions League and into the FA Cup fourth round.

And Liverpool will now intensify efforts to bring Lemar from Monaco.

The Reds were keen on signing the France international on deadline day last summer but couldn't agree a deal with the Ligue 1 side.

Klopp, though, remains an admirer of the 22-year-old attacker, who has also previously attracted interest from Arsenal.

Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim this week revealed they had no intention of parting with Lemar this month.

But that resolve will be tested should Liverpool, armed with the funds from the Coutinho sale, return in the coming days with a mammoth bid.

Liverpool are keeping their options open, although suggestions they are chasing a deal for Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez are premature.

Previous interest has also been shown in Bayer Leverkusen's Julian Brandt, Paris Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler and Schalke's Leon Goretzka.

The Reds could also explore the possibility of bringing Naby Keita to Anfield this month.

Keita is scheduled to arrive at Liverpool in the summer with a deal in excess of £50m having been agreed last year for the midfielder.

RB Leipzig have consistently dismissed suggestions of allowing Keita to leave early, although the Guinea international has attracted criticism following recent performances in the Bundesliga.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33352: Jan 06, 2018 06:27:51 pm
      I'd be happy to bring in now a top, top GK and Mahrez. 

With VVD already on board I would rate that as a good window especially for January.

Luis ?

Don't do this to me.

No team would turn up to play us.

Harry who ?

The more I think about it the more I fancy buying Mahrez. An attack involving Mane, Salah and Mahrez - the African Union!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33353: Jan 06, 2018 06:32:30 pm
      Right then. Let's get Mahrez and Lemar in for now - Mahrez for the CL, Lemar for domestic.

In the summer we can then evaluate our options in midfield and defence/GK.

Sound good to everybody? ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33354: Jan 06, 2018 06:49:16 pm
      Right then. Let's get Mahrez and Lemar in for now - Mahrez for the CL, Lemar for domestic.

Telegraph and Echo both say the club indicates we are  not in for Mahrez. Just passing it along.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33355: Jan 06, 2018 06:50:50 pm
      Telegraph and Echo both say the club indicates we are  not in for Mahrez. Just passing it along.

Give it Lemar 'til end of season.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #33356: Jan 06, 2018 06:53:01 pm

I've not seen much of Lemar, but isn't he a similar player to Mahrez?  We already have a plethora of attacking miss and wide forwards.  We could use 1 to replace Coutinho, but beyond that, the money would be better spent in other areas -- ST, CM, CDM, CB, and GK. 

Personally, I'd put in a huge offer for one of Aubameyang or Muller.  I know these are highly unlikely, but would easily replace the attacking productivity we lose by selling Phil, and they would offer proper cover/competition at the ST position.  Obviously, both are long shots, but these would be my top 2 replacements. 

Ozil for anything less than 40M would be a great but of business too. 
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #33357: Jan 06, 2018 06:56:06 pm
      REDS MAKE SUAREZ ENQUIRY

Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Luis Suarez as Philippe Coutinho looks set to leave Anfield for Barcelona in the current window, Spanish outlet Don Balon reports.

With fees of £140m and above being touted for the Brazil midfielder, the Reds are looking to reinvest the money and have reportedly asked about the Uruguay striker, who left Liverpool for Spain in 2014.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/11197160/liverpool-transfer-news-and-rumours-luis-suarez-emre-can-riyad-mahrez

http://www.skysports.com/app/transfer-centre

This warms your cockles.... Imagine  ;D
                                                         Suarez
                                               Mane                 Salah
                                                         Firmino

That's top-level tabloid right there 😆
      There is zero chance of that happening.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #33358: Jan 06, 2018 07:07:01 pm
      There is zero chance of that happening.

Why? I'd love it.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33359: Jan 06, 2018 07:15:47 pm
      Failure to invest this month will destroy the good work klopp has done here, each poor result will be highly scrutinised and not only by us, but by everyone in football, the pressure is really on this team, the team without coutinho just isn’t quite good enough, we need to invest, wether we directly replace coutinho or strengthen elsewhere but it has to happen.

FSG also need to decide wether they want to be in this to bring success to this club, because their strategy at the moment is making us look very small time, laughing stock of football at the moment.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33360: Jan 06, 2018 07:23:23 pm
      Failure to invest this month will destroy the good work klopp has done here, each poor result will be highly scrutinised and not only by us, but by everyone in football, the pressure is really on this team, the team without coutinho just isn’t quite good enough, we need to invest, wether we directly replace coutinho or strengthen elsewhere but it has to happen.

FSG also need to decide wether they want to be in this to bring success to this club, because their strategy at the moment is making us look very small time, laughing stock of football at the moment.

Don't be so negative. We haven't lost since October, we just bought one of the best CB available, we have 2 players in the top 3 of Africa (Salah is one of the best players in the world right now, based on current form), are unbeaten in the CL and just beat Everton to qualify for the final 4 of the FA Cup.

Yes we need to invest in the team but we're one of the most interesting team in Europe right now; Klopp just needs to sort out our defensive issues. He has invested to solve. We just need at least one good player this January and we'll be just fine.

We have progressed and we are on a good momentum. Losing Coutinho is a big loss but we're bigger than that. Losing Suarez was a much bigger blow.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 07:37:52 pm by alex1995 »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #33361: Jan 06, 2018 07:43:29 pm
      The only way they are going to stop the negative feeling now is to go and make a big signing, Dijk was a matter of when not if.... unless they sign someone else this window, and someone relatively big, they are gonna have some serious heat on them for the rest of the season, which I don’t want affecting the team...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33362: Jan 06, 2018 07:46:12 pm
      The only way they are going to stop the negative feeling now is to go and make a big signing, Dijk was a matter of when not if.... unless they sign someone else this window, and someone relatively big, they are gonna have some serious heat on them for the rest of the season, which I don’t want affecting the team...

We should go for Griezmann - he's a future Barca target, would improve us quite a bit and still has plenty of years ahead of him.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #33363: Jan 06, 2018 08:05:42 pm
      ^^ F**k Greizmann, lets throw 100M at Dybala, and switch to a 4-4-2 / 4-2-4
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #33364: Jan 06, 2018 08:07:36 pm
      That whole allegedly calling Leicester to say we aren't interested in Mahrez has really made my day...

You reckon Klopp made the call himself cos he's bored?
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #33365: Jan 06, 2018 08:34:19 pm
      Looking at our transfer board, looks like we've got about -52 million net spend right now looking at the pinned posts? I could be wrong.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33366: Jan 06, 2018 08:38:40 pm
      I wonder if Luis Alberto is worth considering, he has been rather exceptional for Lazio this season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 08:55:41 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33367: Jan 06, 2018 08:42:23 pm
      That whole allegedly calling Leicester to say we aren't interested in Mahrez has really made my day...

You reckon Klopp made the call himself cos he's bored?

It's a joke surely. Mahrez would be a good signing IMO. Good player, quick and we knows the PL.
      It is a safer bet than one on Lemar.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33368: Jan 06, 2018 08:51:51 pm
      It's a joke surely. Mahrez would be a good signing IMO. Good player, quick and we knows the PL.
      It is a safer bet than one on Lemar.

Me too

I wouldn't have thought about him personally but one thing you have to give the lad is he's basically wanted out of Leicester for 18 months.. I haven't seen him down tools or go on strike, his attitude looks to have been very good with a side he knows he can better
      He's still be producing for them regardless of his want to leave and hasn't made himself unavailable
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #33369: Jan 06, 2018 08:56:04 pm

You don't think if we were interested in Suarez we would have tried to make that part of the deal for Phil?
      And there is absolutely no reason for Suarez to join us now unless he hates Messi's guts
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 09:00:40 pm by green_bear »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,992 posts | 517 
      Reply #33370: Jan 06, 2018 09:14:38 pm
      Anybody thinking Mahrez would be a good replacement for Coutinho should remember that would leave us losing him, Keita, Salah and Mane to the African Nations cup next winter, right at the busiest time of year. So, no thanks.

I'm struggling to come up with replacements though. I quite like Lanzini, but I can't come up with anybody who is actually as good as Coutinho.

Could maybe go for more of a striker, and then have the option of Bobby dropping deeper. Dries Mertens would be an option. Can play deeper/wider himself as well.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33371: Jan 06, 2018 09:17:55 pm
      Anybody thinking Mahrez would be a good replacement for Coutinho should remember that would leave us losing him, Keita, Salah and Mane to the African Nations cup next winter, right at the busiest time of year. So, no thanks.

They've move the ACN to the summer though right? In line with the European footballer calender
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33372: Jan 06, 2018 09:22:32 pm
      Bein Sports saying Mahrez medical tomorrow

@beinspirts_FR
      🔴 BeIN 🇬🇧 Riyadh Mahrez SPORTS INFO will pass his medical with Liverpool tomorrow âš½ it commit for the next four seasons, until June 2022 💰 amount of the transaction: 55 M € po.st/pn20oi

Quick Reply