Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211038 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33833: Jan 16, 2018 05:25:32 pm
      Anyone here slightly disappointed we are not in for Sanchez? He is the perfect Klopp type player and could give us 3 peak years, but unfortunately, he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG :(

TBH, I don't even think it's that he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG...for some reason I don't see him as a Klopp type signing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33834: Jan 16, 2018 05:25:44 pm
      350k a week, 35m and 5m in agent fees for a player who isn't just 29 years old but free in the summer? naaaah, I think I'll pass.

Yeah, I understand, and not a dig at FSG as I understand they are not Chelsea, City and PSG type owners, but just kinda disappointed we won't get him because of his high demands. He, along with VVD would propel us to CL glory imo, and next season, I would put us down as faves if we signed him!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33835: Jan 16, 2018 05:27:35 pm
      TBH, I don't even think it's that he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG...for some reason I don't see him as a Klopp type signing.

I don't know, if Klopp was at City, I'm sure he would be happy to have him as he is perfect for Klopp's style of play?

Anyway, I just hope he ends up staying at Arsenal until end of season and move abroad or something!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33836: Jan 16, 2018 05:28:52 pm
      Yeah, I understand, and not a dig at FSG as I understand they are not Chelsea, City and PSG type owners, but just kinda disappointed we won't get him because of his high demands. He, along with VVD would propel us to CL glory imo, and next season, I would put us down as faves if we signed him!!

I think the minute we brought him in at 350/K week Bobby, Mo and Sadio would be looking at each other and want the exact same thing in terms of new contracts.

And to be honest I would not blame them one bit.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33837: Jan 16, 2018 05:47:12 pm
      Anyone here slightly disappointed we are not in for Sanchez? He is the perfect Klopp type player and could give us 3 peak years, but unfortunately, he doesn't tick the boxes for FSG :(

I would have agreed with you but some of the stuff you read about him really puts me off him. Cannot see Klopp wanting that type of character no matter how good he is, he and Maureen are a good fit
      Kopite78
      Reply #33838: Jan 16, 2018 06:06:29 pm
      I think the minute we brought him in at 350/K week Bobby, Mo and Sadio would be looking at each other and want the exact same thing in terms of new contracts.

And to be honest I would not blame them one bit.

Do you not think they'll look regardless? players earning that amount at other clubs?

Surely they simply want to win things..  If that's not here they  will look elsewhere. And the more better players we have here regardless of the wages (to them) the better chance we will have to win things

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #33839: Jan 16, 2018 06:11:34 pm
      Can't blame FSG for not wanting to go near those ridiculous wage demands of Sanchez. Even too rich for Citeh's blood. Would very likely create division in the squad, and hopefully will do at ManU.

Ozil is an interesting one. I have kind of bought into the idea he is too lazy/blows hot and cold, but stats maybe suggest otherwise. Is a lovely player on his day. Would be worth an ask to see his wage demands.

Failing that, I still like Lanzini or Dries Mertens though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33840: Jan 16, 2018 06:19:52 pm
      You know, another way to look at it, you are basically replacing him with the Coutinho money. 35m fee  + 81.9m wages and say, a 10m signing on fee. 126m over the course of 4 and a half season. It's really not too bad?

I get it, it could cause a big divide, but it could also bring in a huge lift having one of the best players in world football in your team and challenging/winning cups... could go either way tbh.

I for one would take the gamble and try to win the CL this season, and next... the title and CL.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33841: Jan 16, 2018 06:24:07 pm
      Do you not think they'll look regardless? players earning that amount at other clubs?

Surely they simply want to win things..  If that's not here they  will look elsewhere. And the more better players we have here regardless of the wages (to them) the better chance we will have to win things

I think most players that look at what the scum/barca/PSG do and wish they could get contracts like that; it would be foolish to think that they wouldn't.

That being said you could look at Bayern/Inter and the vast majority of every other club (bar china) in the world and see that they are not the norm.

Hell Lewendowski makes 160k a week and Bayern win all sorts of things, don't see players bitching and moaning about going there, our wage bill is considerably more than theirs on top of it all.

Trying to compare what we do today in terms of finances and what the mancs can do will accomplish nothing but sleepless nights.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018 06:31:11 pm by AZPatriot »
      Kopite78
      Reply #33842: Jan 16, 2018 06:31:03 pm
      I think most players that look at what the scum/barca/PSG do and wish they could get contracts like that; it would be foolish to think that they wouldn't.

That being said you could look at Bayern/Inter and the vast majority of every other club (bar china) in the world and see that they are not the norm.

Hell Lewendowski makes 160k a week and Bayern win all sorts of things, don't see players bitching and moaning about going there, our wage bill is considerably more than there's on top of it all.

Trying to compare what we do today in terms of finances and what the mancs can do will accomplish nothing but sleepless nights.

I don't have sleepless nights over them trust me.
      But you asked of they would be asking questions if someone earned more than them in the squad, I'm saying that players earn more than them at other clubs and they will be aware of that.

If we can win things consistently then that will alleviate most of those concerns would be my guess.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33843: Jan 16, 2018 06:38:13 pm
      I don't have sleepless nights over them trust me.
      But you asked of they would be asking questions if someone earned more than them in the squad, I'm saying that players earn more than them at other clubs and they will be aware of that.

If we can win things consistently then that will alleviate most of those concerns of guess.

That's true but those in it for money and there are those players (can't blame them) will always be enticed by a club like the scum.

In revenue alone on an annual basis they bring in over £200 million more than we do..that's every year!

They can afford to take big gambles (mikawhatshisface) and others and if they flop then move to the next...we can't just take gambles like they can.

You know, another way to look at it, you are basically replacing him with the Coutinho money. 35m fee  + 81.9m wages and say, a 10m signing on fee. 126m over the course of 4 and a half season. It's really not too bad?

I for one would take the gamble and try to win the CL this season, and next... the title and CL.

Honestly take the money out of it...I think Sanchez is just the kind of distraction that this manager like to avoid. I've heard story after story of locker room issues over the past 2 years with him dead smack in the middle of it; just the opposite of what this manager looks for in players.

Just my opinion on a player who is indeed talented but someone we are never going to go after for more than one reason.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33844: Jan 16, 2018 07:00:01 pm
      Dont get the anti Sanchez thing. Class player always room for those.

Id rather get in a world class keeper and partner for vvd first though
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #33845: Jan 16, 2018 08:06:25 pm

At least he ticks the most important box to become a manc: be a grade A c**t. He'll feel right at home.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #33846: Jan 17, 2018 08:35:35 am
      I wondered if we might have been in for Aubameysng given the success Klopp had with him At Dortmund. With Studge (and you’d expect Ings) probBly on their way out (firing this window of I. The summer) a player of Auba’s quality seems like s no-brained to me.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33847: Jan 17, 2018 08:37:49 am
      If Aubameyang is available we should spend on him.

I really believe that Firmino would be a phenomenal no.10 for us, behind a striker.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33848: Jan 17, 2018 08:54:26 am
      If Aubameyang is available we should spend on him.

I really believe that Firmino would be a phenomenal no.10 for us, behind a striker.

But we don't play with a number 10

You want to change the formation? From one that's led to us scoring 85 goals in all comps this season.
      Take away a player who's not only contributed 17 of those but is integral to getting the best out of Mane and Salah?

You can't just stick an out and out 10 in this formation as you would lose control of midfield

I'd rather stick with what we've been doing thanks and  just get another option that fits in that front three we have that's been nothing short of sensational this season
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #33849: Jan 17, 2018 10:08:35 am
      But we don't play with a number 10

You want to change the formation? From one that's led to us scoring 85 goals in all comps this season.
      Take away a player who's not only contributed 17 of those but is integral to getting the best out of Mane and Salah?

You can't just stick an out and out 10 in this formation as you would lose control of midfield

I'd rather stick with what we've been doing thanks and  just get another option that fits in that front three we have that's been nothing short of sensational this season

Yup agreed.

spend money on Pulisic and Lemar in the summer.. oh and a GK.

Then we will have a good team that challenges for the title next season. Let's not buy for the sake of buying.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33850: Jan 17, 2018 10:34:16 am
      Yup agreed.

spend money on Pulisic and Lemar in the summer.. oh and a GK.

Then we will have a good team that challenges for the title next season. Let's not buy for the sake of buying.

I would like to get a really tall and powerful striker as part of a Plan B for breaking down the bus parkers, I thought Solanke might be that option but he's not impressing me to much yet.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33851: Jan 17, 2018 10:42:24 am
      I would like to get a really tall and powerful striker as part of a Plan B for breaking down the bus parkers, I thought Solanke might be that option but he's not impressing me to much yet.

Guardiola said when asked if he needs a plan B

My plan A has won me 27 trophies in 9 years.. that does me ok

We've had Carroll and Benteke in recent years.. tall and powerful. Both w*nk
      I'd rather we get more like we have and consistently work on our plan A and perfect it.. follow our manager's blueprint than if it's not working throw a lump on and launch balls into the box
      Just get better at what we do. We are and getting better
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #33852: Jan 17, 2018 11:01:21 am

I'd rather we get more like we have and consistently work on our plan A and perfect it.. follow our manager's blueprint than if it's not working throw a lump on and launch balls into the box
      Just get better at what we do. We are and getting better

Couldnt agree more - we have this debate at work all the time 'whats our plan B'... I always say  make plan A work better. If you spend all your time working on plan B plan A wont work, and if you need a plan B you know Plan A is a shi**er.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33853: Jan 17, 2018 11:05:52 am
      Couldnt agree more - we have this debate at work all the time 'whats our plan B'... I always say  make plan A work better. If you spend all your time working on plan B plan A wont work, and if you need a plan B you know Plan A is a shi**er.

Sorry but that's bollocks, it is ignorant and arrogant to believe that only one tactic will always be successful, in life as well as football you must be able to have several options available and if one doesn't work try another. It is probably my one and only gripe about Klopp that he is to rigid in his plan A although I have seen a bit more flexibility and adaptation lately.  As an example I give you Fellaini at Manure, yes I don't like him very much either but as a lump to put up top to provide knock downs or nick a goal from a corner/cross he is very effective and provides a very good option off the bench. That is the kind of thing I am talking about, a plan B for those rare times plan A doesn't work
      Kopite78
      Reply #33854: Jan 17, 2018 11:23:02 am
      Sorry but that's bollocks, it is ignorant and arrogant to believe that only one tactic will always be successful, in life as well as football you must be able to have several options available and if one doesn't work try another. It is probably my one and only gripe about Klopp that he is to rigid in his plan A although I have seen a bit more flexibility and adaptation lately.  As an example I give you Fellaini at Manure, yes I don't like him very much either but as a lump to put up top to provide knock downs or nick a goal from a corner/cross he is very effective and provides a very good option off the bench. That is the kind of thing I am talking about, a plan B for those rare times plan A doesn't work

If it's ok with you I'd rather not watch Mourinhos plan A or plan B

We are moving into a position under Klopp where he has everyone in his squad up to speed with his approach
      I have heard a lot in recent weeks that City and us are positioning themselves to be the  best two side I  the league for the next few years (time will tell).. Both City and our manager's are both committed to their styles which don't fall back on lumping forward to a sh*te afro with sharp elbows.

If it's arrogant and or ignorant to have a belief in a certain approach and build a squad towards that I'm fine with that personally

There is no right and wrong way to try to win games, I'm not saying Mourinhos is wrong but his plan B isn't that far from his plan A truth be told.

I'd rather our manager get a couple more options for his squad and his approach and if teams are level with us after 70 minutes plan B should be bring fresh legs of similar quality on and the approach stays the same.. pulling them all over the place, running them ragged, tiring  them out and if teams want to consistently try that then best of luck
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #33855: Jan 17, 2018 11:23:24 am

I agree with the above posters mate. I prefer we stick to our plan A bring in players that compliments the manager's tactics. Remember that each player we buy has their own unique set of abilities, so if you want to change things up you can bring in or substitute Salah or Mane in a game with Pulisic who is a great dribbler, crosser and link up to try to get something out of one game let's say when we are 1-1 (hypothetical scenario). Buying a target man is not the way Klopp wants. Remember that Brenden Rodgers tried the Benteke experiment and it failed miserably because he did not compliment Rodger's playing mentality. We should invest, maybe, for another false 9 as rotation/backup to Firmino.

Quick Reply