Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180424 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34017: Jan 23, 2018 07:42:35 pm
      Good to see G & H's sh*te via Purslow was swallowed F***ing whole.

Divvies!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #34018: Jan 23, 2018 07:45:20 pm
      Good to see G & H's sh*te via Purslow was swallowed f**king whole.

Divvies!!

Amazes me how many saw that side with the cowboys but don’t see the PR games with this mob......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34019: Jan 23, 2018 08:18:02 pm
      Amazes me how many saw that side with the cowboys but don’t see the PR games with this mob......

What PR games? Oh you mean signing the most expensive defender in the world, gotcha.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34020: Jan 23, 2018 09:07:04 pm
      Good to see G & H's sh*te via Purslow was swallowed f**king whole.

Divvies!!

The way he left has no bearing in why I wouldn't want him back

He's 33 going on 34 and a Dm who's been playing cb in Spain for the best part of the last 5 years

That's not what we need in midfield in my view, we lacked a real lock picker last night not a 33 year old Dm who's been playing cb

Kopite78
      Reply #34021: Jan 23, 2018 09:11:14 pm
      What PR games? Oh you mean signing the most expensive defender in the world, gotcha.

You spend more of your time defending the owners than supporting the club you

I've said since they came in we won't win F**k all with their approach. I stand by that and have been proved right so far.

Spend what we generate (to an extent). They've stuck to what they said originally, great... But we've won F**k all.so I'd rather focus on that than spend my time defending them
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34022: Jan 23, 2018 09:15:57 pm
      The way he left has no bearing in why I wouldn't want him back

He's 33 going on 34 and a Dm who's been playing cb in Spain for the best part of the last 5 years

That's not what we need in midfield in my view, we lacked a real lock picker last night not a 33 year old Dm who's been playing cb

Agree with a lot of that by the way. I also don't think he's what we need right now.

A younger version yeah, but not someone at the wrong end of his career.

We lacked a few things last night and far too many trying to pick the perfect pass, when it seemed a little more blunt force would do the trick.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34023: Jan 23, 2018 09:25:53 pm
      Coutinho out, Van Dijk in, it's not really strengthening is it?
      I don't buy for one second that none of our targets are available, it's more likely that Van Dijk was always going to be the only player brought in, even then it was only because we had the Coutinho money.

We literally scraped 4th place last season, it's going to be close this season too. With our rivals looking like making moves we can't afford to wait to see if we make the CL again before buying, we need to do it now!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34024: Jan 23, 2018 09:27:24 pm
      He would have fit perfectly into the front 3. But he’s way too expensive.
      and who would you have sacrificed...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34025: Jan 23, 2018 09:29:03 pm
      Not just the wages, Real Madrid want 89m as transfer fees.

89m for a 33 year old player

just crazy.
      Yep! but that is football these day...
      Kopite78
      Reply #34026: Jan 23, 2018 09:29:14 pm

Why do people struggle with the concept we need more than 3?

The more options the better, I can't understand the defence of, well who would he replace?
      There's more than one fixture you know

Perfect type of fsg fan you lot

Utd have just signed him.
      They now have
      Lukaku
      Sanchez
      Martial
      Zlatan
      Lingard
      Rashford
      Mata

Who's gonna tell them they need to sell four of them?
      They use wingers at full back
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018 09:34:00 pm by Kopite78 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,113 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34027: Jan 23, 2018 09:30:30 pm

Not this again.

We are allowed to have more than 11 quality players.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34028: Jan 23, 2018 09:31:58 pm

Lallana or Ox :p Great thing about Sanchez, he can play wide, #10 or even #9!

Anyway, still hoping we'll look into bringing a replacement for Coutinho this window, whether Lanzini, Jorginho, Mahrez or some other playmaker, we really do need a commanding creative midfielder!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34029: Jan 23, 2018 09:34:42 pm
      Why do people struggle with the concept we need more than 3?

The more options the better, I can't understand the defence of, well who would he replace?
      There's more than one fixture you know

Perfect type of fsg fan you lot
      Not struggling with the concept at all... It is just about would we be able to hold on the either Salah, Mane or Firmino with the introduction of a player of the class of Sanchez or would it mean we drop one of the midfielders to move Firmino back to midfield....?
      Kopite78
      Reply #34030: Jan 23, 2018 09:35:53 pm
      Not struggling with the concept at all... It is just about would we be able to hold on the either Salah, Mane or Firmino with the introduction of a player of the class of Sanchez or would it mean we drop one of the midfielders to move Firmino back to midfield....?

No

If imagine they'd love  the fact we might win things
      Being in 4 comps a year with the chance of winning something

We can't do that with just 3
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #34031: Jan 23, 2018 09:38:36 pm
      I don't buy for one second that none of our targets are available, it's more likely that Van Dijk was always going to be the only player brought in, even then it was only because we had the Coutinho money.

We literally scraped 4th place last season, it's going to be close this season too. With our rivals looking like making moves we can't afford to wait to see if we make the CL again before buying, we need to do it now!

"Do the bare minimum and hope that nearly a decade down the line everyone praises you purely for not being Hicks and Gillett," its the FSG way.

May as well lock is thread, it's clear there won't be any signings.

It's clear the club and owners aren't interested in ever matching their own marketing and rhetoric, by actually acting like one or the biggest clubs in the most lucrative league in the world.

FSG don't care about trophies.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,113 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34032: Jan 23, 2018 09:40:02 pm

City have Aguero, Sterling,  Sane, Jesus and you could even add De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva for their forward  positions.

They almost signed Sanchez and didn't seem to be worried about having too many good forwards.

We either want to win things or we don't.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34033: Jan 23, 2018 09:40:27 pm

You could do £90+ million for Lemar  or £70+ million for Pulisc  and either £60 million for Allison or £90 million for Oblak.

Pretty sure those are our primary targets, the problem is I don't know if any of the 4 is going to guarantee us top 4...I suppose of all 4 of them Oblak would make the biggest impact as both Pulisc and Lemar are good but they are not even close to Coutinho/Salah/Firmino levels.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34034: Jan 23, 2018 09:43:13 pm
      You could do £90+ million for Lemar  or £70+ million for Pulisc  and either £60 million for Allison or £90 million for Oblak.

Pretty sure those are our primary targets, the problem is I don't know if any of the 4 is going to guarantee us top 4...I suppose of all 4 of them Oblak would make the biggest impact as both Pulisc and Lemar are good but they are not even close to Coutinho/Salah/Firmino levels.

More chance of us making top 4 with them than without them

Simple as that really

I don't buy for one second that if the money is there, then we could sign a target of the manager's this month

The only excuse is the money
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34035: Jan 23, 2018 09:46:04 pm
      Not this again.

We are allowed to have more than 11 quality players.
      Maybe if we were winning the title every three years or better we may be able to hold on to players, but Coutinho,Suarez even Sterling proves how difficult for us to hold on to our top players, and if we were to drop one on a regular basis would that player want to hang around...?

I believe that we need to improve else were first and to start winning titles before we can hope to bring in a Sanchez type player and hope to hold on to the talent we have, let alone hold on to that type of player when Barca or Real come calling
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34036: Jan 23, 2018 09:48:09 pm
      More chance of us making top 4 with them than without them

Simple as that really

I don't buy for one second that if the money is there, then we could sign a target of the manager's this month

The only excuse is the money

Of course it is.

I would say that there is probably £140 available with 40 more in the Summer. Your going to pay a winter premium and probably a prety substantial one on the GK's and Pulisc considering where their clubs are in the prospective leagues.

So knowing that it is all about money the choice to Jürgen might be get Oblak now and either Pulisc or Lemar come Summer or get all 3 in the Summer.

Might not be as black or white as that but it truly could be the case of get one now but lose out on one of the other 2 come Summer.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34037: Jan 23, 2018 09:48:22 pm
      City have Aguero, Sterling,  Sane, Jesus and you could even add De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva for their forward  positions.

They almost signed Sanchez and didn't seem to be worried about having too many good forwards.

We either want to win things or we don't.
      But City are winning Cups and Titles....Are we...?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #34038: Jan 23, 2018 09:49:19 pm

I think Lemar and Pulisic are gonna be pretty special as it goes.

Lemar in particular would be sensational in our team.

Pulisic is a top half dozen players in the world type talent.....but a bit less mature.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34039: Jan 23, 2018 09:50:30 pm
      Maybe if we were winning the title every three years or better we may be able to hold on to players, but Coutinho,Suarez even Sterling proves how difficult for us to hold on to our top players, and if we were to drop one on a regular basis would that player want to hang around...?

I believe that we need to improve else were first and to start winning titles before we can hope to bring in a Sanchez type player and hope to hold on to the talent we have, let alone hold on to that type of player when Barca or Real come calling

But how do we titles if we don't bring in quality players?

It's just excuse after excuse

When city came from a lower base than us to win things how did they do it? By investing... maybe we can't invest as much but I fail to belief we can't invest more than we are and if you expect to win titles with just a really good 11 rather than a really good 15-18 you're deluded

Quick Reply