Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210929 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34063: Jan 24, 2018 08:42:54 am
      F**k off you bore

Just look at the figures, especially since Klopp has been here. If you think there isn't money available, or shouldn't be available then I'm genuinely not sure of your agenda

Since Klopp
      Sold
      271.45 m
      Brought
      232.9 m

Figures from lfchistory.net

So if money isn't available we are in financial trouble

We owned by a bunch of minges. And there are people on here who belive that is not the case the numbers dont lie
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #34064: Jan 24, 2018 10:58:39 am
      Luca from PSG is set to leave. We should surely consider him... Great player to have...
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34065: Jan 24, 2018 11:09:39 am
      F**k off you bore

Just look at the figures, especially since Klopp has been here. If you think there isn't money available, or shouldn't be available then I'm genuinely not sure of your agenda

Since Klopp
      Sold
      271.45 m
      Brought
      232.9 m

FSG has spent £38.55 m over 7-8 years... There is Money there but it is not being spent
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34066: Jan 24, 2018 11:38:04 am
      I've been told many times on here that Van Dijk coming in was not reliant on selling Coutinho. At last you're being honest.
      There thing is Barca and Madrid don't usually sell their star players to find transfers, they hold on to theirs and add even more quality. That's why they're successful and we win nothing.

erm Neymar???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34067: Jan 24, 2018 11:48:05 am
      F**k off you bore

Since Klopp
      Sold
      271.45 m
      Brought
      232.9 m

Oh tut tut, such vulgarity and bad language really doesn't do you any favours my friend.

Now then onto what you posted, that figure you quoted is massively skewed due to the recent sale of Coutinhio, if you take away the January window out of the equation then the club has spent about £40-50 million under Klopp and whilst I agree that isn't a massive sum compared to the super rich clubs, it is investment none the less.

According to the latest figures Manchester Utd have almost twice the revenue as we do in 2017/2018, that obviously will help in the transfer market, if you can't understand this simple economic concept then its no point discussing this any further with you.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34068: Jan 24, 2018 11:55:33 am
      Oh tut tut, such vulgarity and bad language really doesn't do you any favours my friend.

Now then onto what you posted, that figure you quoted is massively skewed due to the recent sale of Coutinhio, if you take away the January window out of the equation then the club has spent about £40-50 million under Klopp and whilst I agree that isn't a massive sum compared to the super rich clubs, it is investment none the less.

According to the latest figures Manchester Utd have almost twice the revenue as we do in 2017/2018, that obviously will help in the transfer market, if you can't understand this simple economic concept then its no point discussing this any further with you.

Even taking out the Coutinho sale FSG since their arrival have spent a net £23M a year on transfers!

The likes of West Ham and Stoke spend more than that.

Kopite78
      Reply #34069: Jan 24, 2018 12:01:05 pm

What's so hard to understand?
      I'm talking about the here and now.. so coutinho has gone and they are the figures

Forget revenue in this, look at what we have spent, including coutinho because it's happened.

We haven't spent enough to bring revenue into it

What we have spent you can't dress up that there isn't money to spend, so your stance on it begs the question of your motives because if you're happy from a football point of view then fine but let's not pretend money isn't there because it is so the only excuse for not signing someone is monetary, it's as simple as that.

Because I bet the manager would want more options, I bet he looked at his bench on Monday and thought f**king hell who's gonna change this?

Forget taking coutinho out of it.. I'm not taking vvd out of it either.. currently since Klopp has been here we are in profit.. so money has to be there, of that there is no debate

No debate

Even taking out the Coutinho sale FSG since their arrival have spent a net £23M a year on transfers!

You can't take coutinho out of it because he's not available for selection.
      Like you can't take vvd out of it

Since Klopp has been here they are nearly 40m in profit from transfers and we lack options

Money can't be an excuse

Weird those who try to defend the spend

When they first took over it was worked out we would have around 25m net a year on transfers.. that's not including the increased revenue since they arrived.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34070: Jan 24, 2018 12:06:21 pm

Do you have the figures for West Ham and Stoke, I genuinely would be interested to know how we compare. I seem to recall some figures showing that we are in 4th or 5th place in terms of spending in the transfer market.
      BTW I think money is available for Jürgen but he waits until his preferred player is available, e.g VVD. If however we have another summer without significant investment then I too will start to become quite pissed off.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2018 12:12:47 pm by heimdall »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34071: Jan 24, 2018 12:12:19 pm
      What's so hard to understand?
      I'm talking about the here and now.. so coutinho has gone and they are the figures

Forget revenue in this, look at what we have spent, including coutinho because it's happened.

We haven't spent enough to bring revenue into it

What we have spent you can't dress up that there isn't money to spend, so your stance on it begs the question of your motives because if you're happy from a football point of view then fine but let's not pretend money isn't there because it is so the only excuse for not signing someone is monetary, it's as simple as that.

Because I bet the manager would want more options, I bet he looked at his bench on Monday and thought f**king hell who's gonna change this?

Forget taking coutinho out of it.. I'm not taking vvd out of it either.. currently since Klopp has been here we are in profit.. so money has to be there, of that there is no debate

No debate

You can't take coutinho out of it because he's not available for selection.
      Like you can't take vvd out of it

Since Klopp has been here they are nearly 40m in profit from transfers and we lack options

Money can't be an excuse

Weird those who try to defend the spend

When they first took over it was worked out we would have around 25m net a year on transfers.. that's not including the increased revenue since they arrived.

I'm trying to figure out whether you are economically illiterate or just arguing for arguments sake. The money from Coutinho's sale can't easily be spent this window as Klopp's preferred players simply aren't available unless you pay way over the odds and that would be stupid from a business point of view. For example why pay double price for a player now when you can get him AND another top target for the same amount in the summer?
      BTW buying a player doesn't automatically increase revenues, it might do long term IF that player helps you win something, if they don't then you lose revenues as you have to pay extra wages plus have a hole in your company accounts from the transfer fee.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34072: Jan 24, 2018 12:14:49 pm

BTW I think money is available for Jürgen but he waits until his preferred player is available, e.g VVD. If however we have another summer without significant investment then I will start to become quite pissed off.

But that exactly the point.. right there

We have money available, of that there is zero doubt

So let's say Klopp just wants pulisic then get him now, if they want 50 I  the summer pay 75 now..

The money is there and we have shown, Arsenal have shown , Barca have shown that deals can be done whenever

So the only excuse is being prudent and monetary

I'm F***ing fed up of them being prudent and waiting for the right deal..

What if we don't get cl those season and then Klopps targets say, oh well there's no cl like, and these clubs who do have it want me too so soz like

If we didn't have the money I'd understand the wait, but we do so get them done and stop being tight cu*ts when we have the money

I'm fed up of waiting for success, let's go out there and demand it..

Anyone who can still be patient when we have the money there I don't understand

We've been patient long enough
      Kopite78
      Reply #34073: Jan 24, 2018 12:18:22 pm
      I'm trying to figure out whether you are economically illiterate or just arguing for arguments sake. The money from Coutinho's sale can't easily be spent this window as Klopp's preferred players simply aren't available unless you pay way over the odds and that would be stupid from a business point of view. For example why pay double price for a player now when you can get him AND another top target for the same amount in the summer?
      BTW buying a player doesn't automatically increase revenues, it might do long term IF that player helps you win something, if they don't then you lose revenues as you have to pay extra wages plus have a hole in your company accounts from the transfer fee.

F**k off you pr**k. Economically illiterate

We have money available.

Barca have shown with coutinho that if you put enough money down you get your player

We are being too prudent when the money is there at the expense of success

I wouldn't want us to put the club at financial risk but money is there so we are not

If you want to back the owners over success they fair F***ing play

Done with you you F***ing mong
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34074: Jan 24, 2018 12:40:44 pm
      I know the media look at things in black and white and can only see the money that has come in from the Coutinho sale to whip up a frenzy of some sort, we have spunked 75m on Dickie and what? 55m on Keita? with our transfer kitty for each window averaging around 25m I make it we maybe have 60m ish for players in January and in todays market won't buy you much, that's why we are being very picky in how we invest ( I keep saying we and by we I mean the Gaffer). I trust him to invest shrewdly, whether now or the summer.

We’ve not paid for Keita yet fella.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34075: Jan 24, 2018 12:42:41 pm
      F**k off you pr**k. Economically illiterate

We have money available.

Barca have shown with coutinho that if you put enough money down you get your player

We are being too prudent when the money is there at the expense of success

I wouldn't want us to put the club at financial risk but money is there so we are not

If you want to back the owners over success they fair f**king play

Done with you you f**king mong

mong? are we allowed to use words like that any more?? Speaks volumes about you though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34076: Jan 24, 2018 12:43:55 pm
      We’ve not paid for Keita yet fella.

But we have allocated funds for it, which is more or less the same thing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34077: Jan 24, 2018 12:45:25 pm
      But we have allocated funds for it, which is more or less the same thing.

Cool so Coutinho is paying for VVD and Naby.

Thanks for confirming 👍
      Kopite78
      Reply #34078: Jan 24, 2018 12:47:59 pm
      I know the media look at things in black and white and can only see the money that has come in from the Coutinho sale to whip up a frenzy of some sort, we have spunked 75m on Dickie and what? 55m on Keita? with our transfer kitty for each window averaging around 25m I make it we maybe have 60m ish for players in January and in todays market won't buy you much, that's why we are being very picky in how we invest ( I keep saying we and by we I mean the Gaffer). I trust him to invest shrewdly, whether now or the summer.

I trust him fully

But if he has a target for the summer then we shouldn't be stubborn and not move now even if we pay a premium

Football is a movable beast, as we know from coutinho and we are in the middle of a live season in which we are still in two cups and a big battle for top 4, our rivals are all strengthening whilst we have weakened
      I wouldn't ever want the club in financial trouble and wouldn't push the boat if that was the case but we aren't, money is there and for the sake of being ruthless now  or risk this season tailing off to nothing I think we should be doing that.

We have to live in the moment, we could win Something, we could finish in the top 4 and push spurs and arsenal out of it which could have short to medium reprocusions for those clubs..

Right now is a time for us to reestablish ourselves at the top table and potentially hurt arsenal who have been ever presents at it for 20 years

To miss out on that would be yet another kick in the teeth

We have become passive as a club and a fan base and it's time we became bas**rds again

Again as I said the money is there, it's no risk but it's about spending maybe more than we would have to in the summer. I'd rather do that than go back to square one yet again
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34079: Jan 24, 2018 12:48:30 pm
      Cool so Coutinho is paying for VVD and Naby.

Thanks for confirming 👍

How on earth do you infer that from what I said?
      Kopite78
      Reply #34080: Jan 24, 2018 12:48:49 pm
      mong? are we allowed to use words like that any more?? Speaks volumes about you though.

You spend most of your time telling us all we should be able to say what we want so I'm sure you're cool with it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34081: Jan 24, 2018 12:53:17 pm
      You spend most of your time telling us all we should be able to say what we want so I'm sure you're cool with it

Actually no, that word is quite distasteful as it is of course a shortened version of mongoloid. Its the kind of thing I last heard in the 90's so it was even frowned upon before the recent PC wave. What is the next "colourful" insult from you going to be, will it be based on sexual orientation, ethnicity or nationality?
      Kopite78
      Reply #34082: Jan 24, 2018 12:57:50 pm
      Actually no, that word is quite distasteful as it is of course a shortened version of mongoloid. Its the kind of thing I last heard in the 90's so it was even frowned upon before the recent PC wave. What is the next "colourful" insult from you going to be, will it be based on sexual orientation, ethnicity or nationality?

Nah. Don't know if you're gay. Not bothered really. Or what ethnicity you have or where you live 👍

But as I said you spend most of your time in other threads telling us people should be able to say what they want and you don't know know why everyone gets upset with everything nowadays. So your faux upset now does make me giggle

Anyway sorry if you're a snowflake 👍

Anyway

Money is there, we should be spending, if you cared about what's truly important as a fan, you know winning I'm sure you'd agree.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #34083: Jan 24, 2018 01:20:05 pm
      Boy have we strayed off topic

I'm still hopeful that behind the scenes, deals are being worked on - at the absolute minimum a 'striker for a striker' if / when Sturridge goes

I still think we should wave £40m at Roma for Allison and £70m at Monaco for Lemar this week 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34084: Jan 24, 2018 02:01:02 pm
      Nah. Don't know if you're gay. Not bothered really. Or what ethnicity you have or where you live 👍

But as I said you spend most of your time in other threads telling us people should be able to say what they want and you don't know know why everyone gets upset with everything nowadays. So your faux upset now does make me giggle

Anyway sorry if you're a snowflake 👍

Anyway

Money is there, we should be spending, if you cared about what's truly important as a fan, you know winning I'm sure you'd agree.

Wow I'm the snowflake, yes of course I am. BTW would it hurt your pride so much to apologise for calling me a mong, I did explain that I find that term distasteful, that should be enough to elicit an apology or are you so insecure that you can't say sorry.

For your information I do care about winning, very much so, but would you rather have 2 players in the summer or one overpriced player for the last 3rd of this season? BTW which position are we so desperately lacking in?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34085: Jan 24, 2018 02:04:10 pm
      Boy have we strayed off topic

I'm still hopeful that behind the scenes, deals are being worked on - at the absolute minimum a 'striker for a striker' if / when Sturridge goes

I still think we should wave £40m at Roma for Allison and £70m at Monaco for Lemar this week 

Apologies for my part in that.

I don't think there will be any further signings this month, I just don't think the players Klopp wants are available and we aren't in any desperate need of reinforcements either.

Quick Reply