Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4275542 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34086: Jan 24, 2018 02:04:20 pm
      Oh tut tut, such vulgarity and bad language really doesn't do you any favours my friend.

Now then onto what you posted, that figure you quoted is massively skewed due to the recent sale of Coutinhio, if you take away the January window out of the equation then the club has spent about £40-50 million under Klopp and whilst I agree that isn't a massive sum compared to the super rich clubs, it is investment none the less.

According to the latest figures Manchester Utd have almost twice the revenue as we do in 2017/2018, that obviously will help in the transfer market, if you can't understand this simple economic concept then its no point discussing this any further with you.
      Sorry mate you have to clarify £40-50 m of investment in the team over what period...? The whole length of time since they have been here...?... For if you are say since the 7/8 seasons since they bought the club, how can you and others defend them...??   If we say that it was £50 m then that is only £6.25 m per-season that is woefully lower
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34087: Jan 24, 2018 02:11:04 pm
      Sorry mate you have to clarify £40-50 m of investment in the team over what period...? The whole length of time since they have been here...?... For if you are say since the 7/8 seasons since they bought the club, how can you and others defend them...??   If we say that it was £50 m then that is only £6.25 m per-season that is woefully lower

I might have the numbers a bit muddled up, I think it was just under Klopp so it worked out at about £15-20m per year in Net spend on transfers and I did say that ISN'T ENOUGH, but the reality is that we are NOT a rich club compared to PSG, Citeh, Manure, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid, we simply cannot afford to match their spending overnight. All we can do is buy the best we can afford and meanwhile try to grow the revenues of the club which is exactly what the owners are doing. From a long term business point of view they are doing a great job, similar to what Spurs are doing in many ways. It sounds like a lot of you guys want us to go down the Leeds route of club spending ie spend spend spend and hope there is some way of repaying the money in the future, just look how that worked out for Leeds!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #34088: Jan 24, 2018 02:11:13 pm
      So nothing happening then? :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #34089: Jan 24, 2018 02:35:19 pm
      We've sold our best player this winter and seemingly knew we would sell him and have no one coming in to replace him.

We can debate all the other issues but this alone is nowhere near good enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #34090: Jan 24, 2018 03:12:48 pm
      We've sold our best player this winter and seemingly knew we would sell him and have no one coming in to replace him.

We can debate all the other issues but this alone is nowhere near good enough.

It seems like the instance of, you know you are going to be replacing your car....and you really would like to sell yours and then use that money to buy the next one. In a perfect world that selling transaction happens and you’ve already lined up your replacement, you are just waiting on the funds. But someone offers you way more than you thought you were going to get for yours and you can’t pass the deal up even though you haven’t really worked out a replacement yet. So you make do with hoping that if you need a car you can borrow your wife’s pink VW Beetle. I mean, it will get you where your are going as long as she isn’t using it, s you are willing to wait so you can find the perfect deal in that M5 that you really want.

I’ve no idea why I came up with this lengthy analogy if for no other reason than to make fun of people that drive VW Beetles. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #34091: Jan 24, 2018 03:22:49 pm
      Boy have we strayed off topic

I'm still hopeful that behind the scenes, deals are being worked on - at the absolute minimum a 'striker for a striker' if / when Sturridge goes

I still think we should wave £40m at Roma for Allison and £70m at Monaco for Lemar this week

I don't see it happening.

This is Anfield has an article up now about what LFC might do in the final week of the window. My answer to the question is the following:

The End.

We do have some money to spent it is true, but I think Klopp intends to really work on that front four, including Ox, for the rest of the season. He'll be eager to see Keita blend in with them next season, and I think maybe another, deeper-lying, midfielder. Hopefully one who can also help us solve the bus-parking riddle with a more potent shooting-from-distance weapon. He'll also be looking at right back to some degree, waiting to see if Clyne comes back (any news on that?) or if Gomez and/or TAA can develop. And he'll also be running the rule over Karius over the long-term. The only incoming I can see is a young prospect or perhaps a veteran attacker at a bargain rate just to help strengthen the bench (but even then he's probably more inclined to give Solanke and Woodburn more chances).

K78 makes a very good point that this approach has an element of risk to it because of the penalty to future recruitment if we don't qualify for the CL.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #34092: Jan 24, 2018 05:28:34 pm
      Between this and the Barnes thread, 7:45 on Saturday cannot come quickly enough......
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34093: Jan 24, 2018 05:31:57 pm

Neymar and who else?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34094: Jan 24, 2018 05:34:26 pm
      It seems like the instance of, you know you are going to be replacing your car....and you really would like to sell yours and then use that money to buy the next one. In a perfect world that selling transaction happens and you’ve already lined up your replacement, you are just waiting on the funds. But someone offers you way more than you thought you were going to get for yours and you can’t pass the deal up even though you haven’t really worked out a replacement yet. So you make do with hoping that if you need a car you can borrow your wife’s pink VW Beetle. I mean, it will get you where your are going as long as she isn’t using it, s you are willing to wait so you can find the perfect deal in that M5 that you really want.

I’ve no idea why I came up with this lengthy analogy if for no other reason than to make fun of people that drive VW Beetles. ;D

What if you could keep you old car, and still get the same price (or more) in the summer, then buy another car. Wouldn't that make more sense?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #34095: Jan 24, 2018 05:47:16 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #34096: Jan 24, 2018 06:32:15 pm

Dzeko is a brilliant signing for the Chavs, strong target man..
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #34097: Jan 24, 2018 06:34:03 pm
      Last one I can think of is Figo who left at his prime(from barca to real) have there been anybody else l, I can't think of anyone, honestly curious.

Off course there have been players who has been sold/let go by the Spanish giants and they did very well after leaving them. Snejder, original Ronaldo had a great spell for inter but they usually are on top of the chain.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #34098: Jan 24, 2018 06:45:47 pm
      Dzeko is a brilliant signing for the Chavs, strong target man..

He’s a right good footballer, always think we missed a trick getting Carroll when he was pulling up trees in the Bundisliga at same time......
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34099: Jan 24, 2018 07:10:39 pm
      I might have the numbers a bit muddled up, I think it was just under Klopp so it worked out at about £15-20m per year in Net spend on transfers and I did say that ISN'T ENOUGH, but the reality is that we are NOT a rich club compared to PSG, Citeh, Manure, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid, we simply cannot afford to match their spending overnight. All we can do is buy the best we can afford and meanwhile try to grow the revenues of the club which is exactly what the owners are doing. From a long term business point of view they are doing a great job, similar to what Spurs are doing in many ways. It sounds like a lot of you guys want us to go down the Leeds route of club spending ie spend spend spend and hope there is some way of repaying the money in the future, just look how that worked out for Leeds!
      Thanks for clarifying that... Ok here is the thing I don't understand... You (FSG) buy a club, set up sponsors, you look at the income, and outgoings (manager,staff and players wages) and set yourself money a side for player acquisitions (transfers)... Now surely that has to be more than £25 m per- window...?? We have new sponsors in the name of West Union has to be worth £5 m per-season, that on top of the Standard Chartered worth £20-£30m per-season, the New Balance (Warrior) deal at £26.3 m per-season (total of £51.3 - £61.3 m) per -season, that plus ticket revenues, and TV rights, we should at very least see a figure closer to that £51.3/£61.3 m average spend on transfers...Where is the money going...?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #34100: Jan 24, 2018 07:15:47 pm
      Our old chum Corbs is mentioning links to Salomón Rondón on Twatter.........surely not........?

*lights blue touch paper and retreats....🔥
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #34101: Jan 24, 2018 07:49:33 pm
      Thanks for clarifying that... Ok here is the thing I don't understand... You (FSG) buy a club, set up sponsors, you look at the income, and outgoings (manager,staff and players wages) and set yourself money a side for player acquisitions (transfers)... Now surely that has to be more than £25 m per- window...?? We have new sponsors in the name of West Union has to be worth £5 m per-season, that on top of the Standard Chartered worth £20-£30m per-season, the New Balance (Warrior) deal at £26.3 m per-season (total of £51.3 - £61.3 m) per -season, that plus ticket revenues, and TV rights, we should at very least see a figure closer to that £51.3/£61.3 m average spend on transfers...Where is the money going...?

Guess

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34102: Jan 24, 2018 08:06:14 pm

I'd love to see a single quote where someone says we should match the spending of those clubs, I don't there is any!
      You're absolutely right though, they are great businessmen when it comes to no risk guaranteed profit from minimum investment, but if we are going to continue selling our Star players every couple of seasons, then their business acumen won't translate to trophies in the cabinet. It certainly hasn't so far!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34103: Jan 24, 2018 08:07:40 pm

Neymar is enough to destroy your argument.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34104: Jan 24, 2018 08:12:44 pm

The money goes on player wages, new stand etc etc. Remember that they also wanted to increase ticket prices but had to roll that back, that hurt revenues. Bottom line they are being prudent, perhaps to much, but they are growing the team, increasing revenues, trying to get us up to the levels of Man Utd in a natural manner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34105: Jan 24, 2018 08:15:15 pm
      I'd love to see a single quote where someone says we should match the spending of those clubs, I don't there is any!
      You're absolutely right though, they are great businessmen when it comes to no risk guaranteed profit from minimum investment, but if we are going to continue selling our Star players every couple of seasons, then their business acumen won't translate to trophies in the cabinet. It certainly hasn't so far!

So should we be leveraging more debt on the club to buy players, if so how much debt would you be comfortable with?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34106: Jan 24, 2018 08:36:34 pm
      Augbamayang, should we bs in for him?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34107: Jan 24, 2018 08:42:41 pm
      Augbamayang, should we bs in for him?

Manager would know better than any of us if he would work out in regards to this particular player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34108: Jan 24, 2018 08:45:59 pm
      Manager would know better than any of us if he would work out in regards to this particular player.

But personal opinions would be fine

Quick Reply