Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212769 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34178: Jan 26, 2018 03:14:54 pm
      not being funny but has anyone on this forum ever seen Danny Ings have a proper run of games ????.
      The poor sod has had two major injuries in two years and has fought back from both to full fitness,and,the fact JK doesn’t look like he’s letting him out on loan says quit a lot in my eyes.

Just saying 👍
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34179: Jan 26, 2018 03:29:25 pm
      Lallana injured set to miss tomorrow but its ok we have Hendo back and Milner is like a new signing  :f_tongueincheek:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #34180: Jan 26, 2018 04:02:45 pm
      Lucas from PSG to Tottenham...

We're ridiculing ourselves right now.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #34181: Jan 26, 2018 04:07:04 pm
      Klopp saying he wants to give other squad members a chance, which is commendable, but who are these match winners who are languishing on the sidelines and why haven't they been utilised at some point already, I didn't see many game changers on the bench Monday, our rivals are strengthening, yet we're hoping to concrete top 4 with 1 less attacking option and still 2 clowns in goal, yes we have VVD, but he can't do it all on his own.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #34182: Jan 26, 2018 04:39:03 pm
      not being funny but has anyone on this forum ever seen Danny Ings have a proper run of games ????.
      The poor sod has had two major injuries in two years and has fought back from both to full fitness,and,the fact JK doesn’t look like he’s letting him out on loan says quit a lot in my eyes.

Just saying 👍

I honestly don't rate him, even from his time at Burnley. Just looks like another Borini and I believe we should aim higher.
      That being said, as we're not signing anyone else this window, I hope he does get a decent run in the team.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34183: Jan 26, 2018 04:45:02 pm
      Lucas from PSG to Tottenham...

We're ridiculing ourselves right now.

Why ? Luca has done absolutely nothing,  another case of fans latching onto someone for no apparent reason
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #34184: Jan 26, 2018 05:02:08 pm
      Why ? Luca has done absolutely nothing,  another case of fans latching onto someone for no apparent reason

The guy is a good footballer and for this price it's a real bargain.

Everybody sees that we need better players to replace one of our front 3 when needed. We cannot rely on Solanke, Ings and Lallana now. Klopp does not seem to rate Sturridge.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34185: Jan 26, 2018 06:00:17 pm
      The guy is a good footballer and for this price it's a real bargain.

Everybody sees that we need better players to replace one of our front 3 when needed. We cannot rely on Solanke, Ings and Lallana now. Klopp does not seem to rate Sturridge.

I don't know, everytime I see him play (handful), he just reminds me of a Lennon/Walcott/Wright Phillips type wide right player. We should just buy Asensio instead :D ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #34186: Jan 26, 2018 06:01:30 pm

Just saying 👍
      Some might say it’s like a new signing.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34187: Jan 26, 2018 06:32:23 pm
      The reason were not signing anyone is down to money, to suggest otherwise is nonsense, and before someone says "it's Klopp's decision to wait until the summer" that's bullshit, and if you believe it you're a mug!

There's no way Jürgen wouldn't want the strongest squad possible with CL and FA cup games coming up, and an almighty battle for a top 4 spot.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018 06:58:59 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #34188: Jan 26, 2018 07:01:31 pm
      The reason were not signing anyone is down to money, to suggest otherwise is nonsense, and before someone says "it's Klopp's decision to wait until the summer" that's bullshit, and if you believe it you're a mug!

There's no way Jürgen wouldn't want the strongest squad possible with CL and FA cup games coming up, and an almighty battle for a top 4 spot.

I'm no FSG apologist but I don't believe that for a minute. Jürgen has shown he's patient, maybe to a fault. He has extreme confidence in himself...which I suppose we should as well.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #34189: Jan 26, 2018 07:06:25 pm
      I don't know, everytime I see him play (handful), he just reminds me of a Lennon/Walcott/Wright Phillips type wide right player. We should just buy Asensio instead :D ;)

I called him the Brazilian Walcott a good while ago and nothing has changed my mind. However last year was his best season and may have stepped up, hence interest from a lot of the top teams in the PL.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34190: Jan 26, 2018 07:31:11 pm
      I'm no FSG apologist but I don't believe that for a minute. Jürgen has shown he's patient, maybe to a fault. He has extreme confidence in himself...which I suppose we should as well.

Tend to agree...in fact if FSG wanted to make things really easy on themselves they'd go spunk out 40 million on a player and say look we tried its the best we could do. As you say I do believe Jürgen is the one calling the shots and in the end it's call  that rightly or wrongly.

The gaffer might have to much faith and patience with his players, however at the same time he has shown himself to be ruthless with players. He is a really interesting fella and sometimes hard to figure out that being said it's hard to say we love him Jürgen Klopp and then in the same breath say but I wish he would do this un-Jürgen Klopp thing.

Really tough at times.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018 07:35:48 pm by AZPatriot »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34191: Jan 26, 2018 08:26:47 pm
      Tend to agree...in fact if FSG wanted to make things really easy on themselves they'd go spunk out 40 million on a player and say look we tried its the best we could do. As you say I do believe Jürgen is the one calling the shots and in the end it's call  that rightly or wrongly.

The gaffer might have to much faith and patience with his players, however at the same time he has shown himself to be ruthless with players. He is a really interesting fella and sometimes hard to figure out that being said it's hard to say we love him Jürgen Klopp and then in the same breath say but I wish he would do this un-Jürgen Klopp thing.

Really tough at times.

Thing I don't get though, I've yet to see another top manager refuse to sign a player because his price was to high if his owners were willing you pay it!
      Jürgen has said before that's it's not his money, but surely if the money men were to say it's ok, then he wouldn't have to worry.
      I know Jürgen is patient, there's no pressure on him to win trophies a long as he finishes the CL places and he obviously believes the squad he has can achieve that. It's a risky game though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34192: Jan 26, 2018 08:38:55 pm
      Thing I don't get though, I've yet to see another top manager refuse to sign a player because his price was to high if his owners were willing you pay it!
      Jürgen has said before that's it's not his money, but surely if the money men were to say it's ok, then he wouldn't have to worry.

Everything has to be taken is context of the players the manager wants are they available?..if you say they are all available at a price at what point does it seek making sense for the club?

We want Pulisic...we value him at 50 million...we value Lemar at 60 million and Oblak at 90 million...all are identified by the manager, all are within his Summer budget + Countihio...but not much else.

Call Dortmund and tell them you want Pulisic now and they say OK everybody has they're price and he is now 90 million...do you then sacrifice one of Lemar or Oblak? and pay the extra 30 million for say 3 months of service?

Your answer will be pay whatever it takes and just get it done, likely in the real world and within the club there is XXX available and it can be spent but in order to get one thing accomplished you may have to sacrifice something else.

The argument of the owners and how they operate is up for debate but there is nothing either you, I or anybody on this forum is going to do about so probably just best to focus on reality and what the manager is trying to do and the reasons behind them.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34193: Jan 26, 2018 08:44:47 pm
      Everything has to be taken is context of the players the manager wants are they available?..if you say they are all available at a price at what point does it seek making sense for the club?

We want Pulisic...we value him at 50 million...we value Lemar at 60 million and Oblak at 90 million...all are identified by the manager, all are within his Summer budget + Countihio...but not much else.

Call Dortmund and tell them you want Pulisic now and they say OK everybody has they're price and he is now 90 million...do you then sacrifice one of Lemar or Oblak? and pay the extra 30 million for say 3 months of service?

Your answer will be pay whatever it takes and just get it done, likely in the real world and within the club there is XXX available and it can be spent but in order to get one thing accomplished you may have to sacrifice something else.

The argument of the owners and how they operate is up for debate but there is nothing either you, I or anybody on this forum is going to do about so probably just best to focus on reality and what the manager is trying to do and the reasons behind them.

I've a feeling you're going to be disappointed in the summer mate!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34194: Jan 26, 2018 08:46:53 pm
      I've a feeling you're going to be disappointed in the summer mate!

I don't get disappointed in things I have no control over.

My first LFC match as a supporter was the 2010 Merseyside derby in which I saw Roy Hodgson tactics carried out by Poulsen, Konchesky and Joe Cole that is my starting point on the journey and while there have been some bumps along the way the trajectory has been pretty much up since the first match.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018 08:54:11 pm by AZPatriot »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34195: Jan 26, 2018 10:16:22 pm
      Despite the FSG Loyalists view there IS a need to replace Cou in the front 5/6.

There is however NO need to directly replace him. We could go a different way but we need something to supplement in the final 3rd.

That's right - the money needs to be used to sign another top-flight player, but I would prefer it to be a holding or a box-to-box player. We didn't buy Ox to be a backup.

As an "FSG loyalist" I would add that adding a forward, even one meant as cover, seems to make sense for the remainder of the season - especially if Sturridge leaves. It's just a matter of numbers. He won't be a big-money signing, but some additional firepower to bring off the bench would be a strategic purchase (or even loan) just now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34196: Jan 26, 2018 10:24:58 pm

Just saying 👍

Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy if it works out for Danny. I had given up on him a couple of months ago, but here's noping he becomes a regular contributor.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #34197: Jan 27, 2018 10:50:23 am
      Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy if it works out for Danny. I had given up on him a couple of months ago, but here's noping he becomes a regular contributor.

Glad that other people feel the same way, the lad looked quick for burnley and he does work hard. He really could work for jk if he just find some form. A better solution then stu in every way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34198: Jan 27, 2018 10:54:46 am
      A better solution then stu in every way.

Don’t agree. He is a harder worker than Sturridge and you will get more effort on a consistent basis I think. However, when it comes to finishing ability, he’s not on the level of Sturridge and I don’t think he ever will be.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34199: Jan 27, 2018 11:05:08 am
      Don’t agree. He is a harder worker than Sturridge and you will get more effort on a consistent basis I think. However, when it comes to finishing ability, he’s not on the level of Sturridge and I don’t think he ever will be.

Not sure I agree mate. Studge May have more flair but Ings is a fine finisher in his own right.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34200: Jan 27, 2018 11:15:56 am
      Not sure I agree mate. Studge May have more flair but Ings is a fine finisher in his own right.

Not taking anything away from Ings’ finishing but we’ve seen plenty of times how Sturridge can score a boss goal with boss technique out of nothing. A couple I can think of straight away is the lob vs WBA and the goal against Sevilla in the final.

Ings has never really had a proper run in the team with us and we’ve not really seen what he is completely capable of so to be fair I could be doing him a complete injustice.

Quick Reply