Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212469 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34201: Jan 27, 2018 11:28:39 am
      Not taking anything away from Ings’ finishing but we’ve seen plenty of times how Sturridge can score a boss goal with boss technique out of nothing. A couple I can think of straight away is the lob vs WBA and the goal against Sevilla in the final.

Ings has never really had a proper run in the team with us and we’ve not really seen what he is completely capable of so to be fair I could be doing him a complete injustice.

Yeh I just think different types of finishers - I like that Ings (in the little game time we saw before injury) attacks the near post and is alive to 2nd ball (unlike our midfield!).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34202: Jan 27, 2018 11:40:49 am
      Yeh I just think different types of finishers - I like that Ings (in the little game time we saw before injury) attacks the near post and is alive to 2nd ball (unlike our midfield!).

He’s definitely a player that needs games to get momentum, he became bit of a regular, all be it briefly before injury under Rodgers and he was starting to find the back of the net and look in good form. Under Klopp he’s basically become a forgotten quantity because how much he has been injured.
      I’ve said before I don’t think he will ever have what it takes to be a key player for us but it would be good if he could get himself into a position where he is reliable back up and able to come off the bench and make a real impact when we need a goal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34203: Jan 27, 2018 12:28:35 pm
      Klopp in today's Echo about transfers:

“Our situation is always the same, we really look (for players) all year," Klopp said.

"So why should I stop now only because January 31st is nearly here?

“We do that all the time. Nothing has changed. The only thing is with one or two players we maybe have to make a decision is it for now or is it for the summer? That's the only difference.

"But look, we are constantly looking, my iPad is full of players from all over the world. That's what we do.

“But specific? No. It is not that we now say exactly that we need that or we cannot play football any more."
      END QUOTE

So maybe the only question is whether Sturridge leaves and if he does, if someone comes in for cover for the forward line.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34204: Jan 27, 2018 12:37:40 pm
      Doesn't look like Lemar is gonna sign in Jan. If he was, think there would be more leaks.

Tbh, looks like we won't sign anyone.  Apart from the lad from Falkirk!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34205: Jan 27, 2018 02:20:55 pm
      Klopp in today's Echo about transfers:

“Our situation is always the same, we really look (for players) all year," Klopp said.

"So why should I stop now only because January 31st is nearly here?

“We do that all the time. Nothing has changed. The only thing is with one or two players we maybe have to make a decision is it for now or is it for the summer? That's the only difference.

"But look, we are constantly looking, my iPad is full of players from all over the world. That's what we do.

“But specific? No. It is not that we now say exactly that we need that or we cannot play football any more."
      END QUOTE

So maybe the only question is whether Sturridge leaves and if he does, if someone comes in for cover for the forward line.
      That's bullsh*t. No way FSG forked out for an iPad. It's probably a Kindle from the black Friday sale, unless Klopp got it himself.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #34206: Jan 27, 2018 04:32:36 pm
      I've a feeling you're going to be disappointed in the summer mate!

Like the way we were disappointed that Klopp got all his first choice signings?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #34207: Jan 27, 2018 05:26:34 pm

He didn't.. Brandt was the first choice but said he doesn't want to move so the committee suggested Salah to Klopp who had doubts about him because he was too lightweight.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34208: Jan 27, 2018 05:31:48 pm
      He didn't.. Brandt was the first choice but said he doesn't want to move so the committee suggested Salah to Klopp who had doubts about him because he was too lightweight.

Sorry but how do you know this, are you on the committee?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #34209: Jan 27, 2018 05:52:12 pm
      Sorry but how do you know this, are you on the committee?

You can google it but since I'm so nice :)
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-scouts-nagged-nagged-until-11705599
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/893288/Liverpool-news-Jürgen-Klopp-Mohamed-Salah-Bournemouth
      http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-Jürgen-klopp-admits-he-almost-didnt-sign-mohamed-salah-20171217
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34210: Jan 27, 2018 06:02:00 pm

As far as we know.  Brendan sure as hell didn't!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34211: Jan 27, 2018 06:58:00 pm
      Lemar not in the Monaco squad again this weekend. Sturridge not in the 18 for us...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34212: Jan 27, 2018 06:59:36 pm
      Lemar not in the Monaco squad again this weekend. Sturridge not in the 18 for us...

Straight swap? I’m in........

:f_tongueincheek:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #34213: Jan 27, 2018 09:49:34 pm
      This thread is F***ing depressing.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #34214: Jan 27, 2018 09:59:42 pm
      Can't beat Swansea or West Brom, yet still no new signings, spurs next , probably win that and paper over the cracks.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #34215: Jan 27, 2018 10:01:55 pm
      Can't beat Swansea or West Brom, yet still no new signings, spurs next , probably win that and paper over the cracks.

Nah we did sign that 18-year-old left back whom we had never heard before and probably never will again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34216: Jan 27, 2018 10:18:36 pm
      Did we buy anyone? Na we will be ok with what we got!!!!! for F**k sake!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34217: Jan 27, 2018 10:28:27 pm
      The reason were not signing anyone is down to money, to suggest otherwise is nonsense, and before someone says "it's Klopp's decision to wait until the summer" that's bullshit, and if you believe it you're a mug!

There's no way Jürgen wouldn't want the strongest squad possible with CL and FA cup games coming up, and an almighty battle for a top 4 spot.

How is it nonsense? :lmao: The man has admitted himself that there is plenty of money available and that he's happy with the squad, or am I imagining that?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #34218: Jan 27, 2018 10:30:16 pm
      Looks like we need a keeper, a creative midfielder and another striker as a bare minimum.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #34219: Jan 27, 2018 10:31:13 pm
      Did we buy anyone? Na we will be ok with what we got!!!!! for f**k sake!

Lallana was supposed to be like a new signing.
      Moreno too, apparently, before this game.
      And don't forget PL-proven clinical striker Danny Ings who can come on in the last 15 minutes to change the game.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34220: Jan 27, 2018 11:13:21 pm
      How is it nonsense? :lmao: The man has admitted himself that there is plenty of money available and that he's happy with the squad, or am I imagining that?

Brendan sang from the same hymn sheet too!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34221: Jan 27, 2018 11:14:23 pm
      Looks like we need a keeper, a creative midfielder and another striker as a bare minimum.

No we're fine to the summer! 👍
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #34222: Jan 27, 2018 11:23:15 pm
      I offer to drive Can to the airport and go to the ends of the world to pick up Lemar and bring him back ...... And I live in AMERICA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34223: Jan 27, 2018 11:26:03 pm
      I offer to drive Can to the airport and go to the ends of the world to pick up Lemar and bring him back ...... And I live in AMERICA

On the upside - at least with Trump you can see the ends of the world from there mate 😳

Quick Reply